It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

You can't influence Sexual Orientation or Gender-Identity, you can, however, influence how someone views people, how do you think you can even equate that analogy?

Like you can't influence someone's Race, but you can influence someone to be racist etc
edit on 4-3-2017 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Ooops, my bad.

I was all set to go and see this perversion of a film until you had to go and tell me that is was wholly lacking in perversion.

Come on Disney!!!! Step up your game!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Soon, it will be an all Disney prince orgy!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
a reply to: veracity
My children love and have enjoyed Disney cartoons.
Simply, if there was a gay Smurf it would of made those watching Smurfs ask what is that? Opening and exposing kids to adult sexual behaviors?
Instead of letting them discover what it means as they grow into young adults and or adults when their minds and chemicals in their bodies fully develop and they can accept their pre-designed genetics or deny them with more mature adult mind sets...
Again not being rude just feel the youth got enough on their shoulders already with so much social programming. Adults develop their understanding as they mature and have free will. Affecting the kids with adult behaviors are pressuring their wills.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Again I say you can ban your kids from watching it if you wish.
That said, any other issue is the responsibility of other parents.
Basically it leaves little to whine about while parental choice and rights are unaffected by this movie.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

lil gay le Fou in the new Beauty and the Beast is not having gay sex with Gaston in the movie...you do know this...right?

no gay sex at all...i believe it is just a crush.

If your children ask "what is this?" that is when you say sometimes girls love girls and boys love boys.

I am not saying you are a bigot or on the side of discrimination, but with that attitude you ARE inadvertently promoting discrimination.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't ban my kids?

I do and have monitored what they watched to see if the content they tune into is educational within the entertainment of cartoons, books and toys.

If say my child is staying over a friends watching such broadcast and noticed... And further made me aware, I would find it somewhat disturbing.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That's how I raised my son, some boys love boys and some girls love girls, from an early age and throughout his childhood.
He's nearly 20 now and into girls...I did a crap job at turning him gay, even gay friends influencing his childhood didn't change him.
WTF did I do wrong?! I failed!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Simply, if there was a gay Smurf it would of made those watching Smurfs ask what is that? Opening and exposing kids to adult sexual behaviors?

How would you know it was a gay Smurf unless it was participating in homosexual acts? From what we have gathered from Kaylaluv's thoughtless spoilers there will sadly be no gay sex. Just some old fashioned human/animal lovin'.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

lil gay le Fou in the new Beauty and the Beast is not having gay sex with Gaston in the movie...you do know this...right?

no gay sex at all...i believe it is just a crush.

Yes that is a given?

originally posted by: veracity

If your children ask "what is this?" that is when you say sometimes girls love girls and boys love boys.

I am not saying you are a bigot or on the side of discrimination, but with that attitude you ARE inadvertently promoting discrimination.

Interesting...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
By the name gay Smurf alone?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Better ban them from sleepovers then just to be sure they don't catch the gay.
None of your parental rights have been infringed by this movie.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

By the name gay Smurf alone?

Well, no worries then cause the character is called LeFou, not Gay LeFou.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of them catching gay
if they develop that way so be it I LOVE THEM EITHER WAY. But I won't encourage it, that is their decision as they mature.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm not afraid of them catching gay
if they develop that way so be it I LOVE THEM EITHER WAY. But I won't encourage it, that is their decision as they mature.

you would not be encouraging it...just not avoiding it.

So if there is a gay character in one of their movies and mommy or daddy explains...yup, its more rare but sometimes a boy can love a boy and a girl can love a girl....

then child goes out into the real world (just at his school) a couple years later and there is flamey lil Timmy and instead of pointing his finger and looking stupid saying ..."you are weird, what is wrong with you, cooties", he actually makes a cool friendship bc he knows there are gays...they are rare...but they are people too.

You child has more respect for differences and his mind is deeper and broader.

Would you rather him be the bully?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a replis to: Ophiuchus 13

Cool

There is a difference between encouragement and basic awareness though.
...and again on topic, if the movie is something you wish to ban from your kids you are free to do so.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Again my psychological analysis is sound I don't hate?
You mentioned movie not cartoon?
I don't raise bullies as I always had them since I was not a follower and know psychologically what it does to a young mind...
Relax-

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Again my psychological analysis is sound I don't hate?
You mentioned movie not cartoon?
I don't raise bullies as I always had them since I was not a follower and know psychologically what it does to a young mind...
Relax-

then why would you avoid talking about gays?

that is not to mean...gay sex...
edit on 4-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I do not avoid discussion about those types of topics as they age.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So what problem can you have with the movie while your parental control is not affected?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join