It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm pretty sure there's not going to be any gay sex in this movie.

Bummer.

Disney has let us all down.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Who said there would be?

What exactly is your point, here? Because you don't seem to be actually making one.

Does something have to feature flat out gay sex before it can be influential on a child?

I never grew up seeing straight sex in cartoons....so why am I straight? the majority are straight because we've been told for years that's what's normal, no?

I think you're very confused but afraid to admit it...the truth is you don't know the answers and neither do I.

The difference is you profess to have all of the answers whereas I don't...I'm asking questions...you know it all so answer them instead of being deliberately deceptive.

Answer...do you believe that heterosexuality is the "norm" because that's what we've been told for years by society or not?

If the answer is yes then you MUST be honest and acknowledge that any homosexual influences...be it full-blown gay sex or something subtly suggestive is the exact same thing and can also influence children.

If the answer is no you have no quarrell here.
edit on 4-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
For centuries we've been brainwashed into thinking that heterosexual relationships are normal, and this has been very effective...it has been so effective that those who are homosexual or trans feel like they're somehow outcasts. So you're basically saying that we can influence or railroad kids into being straight..but we can't nfluence or railroad them into being gay?

So it's a double standard.

Can someone help me make sense of this, please?

During those centuries you speak of, there were just as many gay people as there are now, they just had to keep it inside in fear of persecution.

No. You can not influence someone's sexuality.

Prove it!

You know it all...so put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You know what - I'm going to save you the bother, since you'll simply make more pointless, deliberately obtuse statements that add nothing to the debate.

You have already answered the question...you don't believe it's possible to influence a childs sexuality at all.

The same logic shall be applied to children who are inherently straight...they didn't make the choice.

So, why is it that some people...even children, find homosexual activity abnormal or even repugnant?

Let me guess...they've been influenced by society...so they can be influenced in some ways...in ways that confirm your bias...but not in other ways, ways that contradict your bias.

I think I understand...it's not about anyone else, it's about you, persnally.

Case closed, bye.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

What are you whining about exactly?
Nobody is forcing your kids to watch the movie.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't have kids.

Nor am I whining...this is a thread on ATS, people come here to debate certain issues.

Which is what's happening here...why are you here if not to partake in the discussion?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's ok...you don't have to answer.

I get how it works...don't even address the salient points that you can't possibly address, just make a pointless, innane comment and lame attempt to insult the person who you can't answer...like the person I was reponding to before you decided to wade in with your meaningless contribution.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm partaking.
While the film is not compulsory viewing the issue is up to parents to decide.
If you have no kids why should you care?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Perhaps you should pay attention to the conversation...it isn't so much about the movie, I've already made it pretty clear how I feel about that.

It seems to me you're making an assumption here.

We were discussing whether or not it's possible to influence the sexuality of a child.

It oes a bit deeper than the movie...no you didn't contribute at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Again though while the film is not compulsory viewing it is irrelevant if sexuality can be influenced. That is a parents choice, not yours.
And I'll contribute whatever I like to the discussion, go whine to a mod if you don't like it lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Children should not be made aware of sexual preferences or practices so young.

As they grow into young adults and then adults they are given time to accept or challenge their preferences.

No disrespect to the homosexual community or Disney, but exposing them the children to "more" social related influences at young ages in their cartoons to 1 adds to the overload of the mental to the genetic pre-designed processes.

Genetically xx chromosomes = female & genetically xy chromosomes = male as Created...

So as more of this adult preference exposure is shared with the children the questions are planted into their subconscious minds to possibly be relayed later. Minds that are still developing into the decision making processes.

Adding the adult influences to their young minds can and may cause distractions to their genetic pre-designed lives and mental states (considering xx chemically & mentally develope different from xy) and as more questions about life and where they fit in are added into their minds from various social sources including cartoon programming at young ages they are then set to question the way they are genetically created at early ages as the planted imagery in their subconscious surfaces periodically over time...
1 just recommends caution-

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Don't allow your children to watch the film then.
Nobody is forced to, and other parents will think differently to you and be happy their kids won't catch the gay as a consequence.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I believe what Lord Ahrian is saying is that we cannot be certain of much, but one thing that IS certain is the suicide rate of gays and trans bc they are not accepted for who they are. It's not random depression, it's society either pretending like they don't exist or outwardly pointing a finger and saying "mental illness, devil, disgrace..."

It's sad and not teaching children to accept it will only fight on the side of the discriminatory.

Also, it is absurd to me to think a straight child who is open and kind to gays will turn gay.

That mentality also fights on the side of discrimination.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I believe what Lord Ahrian is saying is that we cannot be certain of much, but one thing that IS certain is the suicide rate of gays and trans bc they are not accepted for who they are. It's not random depression, it's society either pretending like they don't exist or outwardly pointing a finger and saying "mental illness, devil, disgrace..."

It's sad and not teaching children to accept it will only fight on the side of the discriminatory.

Also, it is absurd to me to think a straight child who is open and kind to gays will turn gay.

That mentality also fights on the side of discrimination.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Children should not be made aware of sexual preferences or practices so young.

What age are you referring to?

I knew about sex when I was in 5th grade/9 years old. Not that I wanted to do that with icky girls then.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Children are keen to sexual preference as soon as they see mom and dad kiss. They are a lot smarter than you think. I would not suggest to dumb them down by not talking about subject matter relevant to times. I am not saying to go into detail about butt sex and snatch grinding...but to say some boys fall in love with boys and some girls fall in love with girls only makes them more aware, open-minded and smart.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
It's ok...you don't have to answer.

I get how it works...don't even address the salient points that you can't possibly address, just make a pointless, innane comment and lame attempt to insult the person who you can't answer...like the person I was reponding to before you decided to wade in with your meaningless contribution.

Carry on.

I'm at work, give me time.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not to mention the fact that this movie is not about sex. There is no sex going on in the movie. No one has sex with anyone in this movie. No one talks about having sex in this movie.

A six-year-old girl (or boy) watching this movie is not getting any messages or education about sex.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Not to mention the fact that this movie is not about sex. There is no sex going on in the movie. No one has sex with anyone in this movie. No one talks about having sex in this movie.

Next time please use a ****SPOLIERS ALERT!!!!**** tag or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Next time please use a ****SPOLIERS ALERT!!!!**** tag or something.

Ooops, my bad.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join