It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I dunno...I ain't never had a problem with gay people at all.

Nor even with trans...people can do what they like. It shouldn't encroach on others' beliefs, though.

Nobody should be forced to use particular pronouns, or put up with something they're not comfortable with. I'm all for change but I reckon too much happening too soon and it's strting to feel sometimes like something is being deliberately pushed onto us, almost like it's intentional.

But I dunno enough about it, don't know any trans folks.

This all seems a lot more common now than it ever was...either it's more common because people are more open to it and accepting of it, or it's more common because something is influencing more people than it used to...it's a hard one to figure out and I doubt anyone has all the answers here.

Time will tell. As long as I'm able to do the things that make me happy without harming anyone, and people go about their business without harming me or mine, then who am I to complain?

When it comes to things like this - Disney movies...they,re welcome to produce whatever they want, nobody is being forced to watch it. It's down to the individual parents to figure out what's acceptable for their children. I don't have kids, if I did I'd probably try and shield them from certain things but you can't be on their backs 24 hours a day and in my experince th more you try to hide things from them, the more mystified and curious they become.

They always know, it's impossible to completely hide certain things from kids now, you'd have to completely isolate them. So they know what's out there, often times trying to control them to that extent can push them urther out into the field your trying to stop them straying into.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I think its really cool that it changes. And i think its even cooler to find a copy of the movie from way back or even a book and look at hows its changed, point out the differences.

At the end of the day it is up to the original creator of the content — or I suppose in the legal sense, whoever owns the copyright to the work — if they want the work to be redone or not. As I said earlier, most content creators will do it for financial gain or fame, but those who publish the content are doing it for additional reasons.

Did you know that dorothy's ruby red slippers used to be silver?

What a fascinating example...

Do you think that change was made for political or social reasons?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I don't think it's flawed at all, you don't think that kids are influenced by what they see and hear while growing up?

I'll tell you something, when I was young I used to find chubby/fat girls attractive but I don't any more. How would you account for that?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

I don't think it's flawed at all, you don't think that kids are influenced by what they see and hear while growing up?

I'll tell you something, when I was young I used to find chubby/fat girls attractive but I don't any more. How would you account for that?

I don't know. I didn't start liking fat chicks till I hit my 30's.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

the most a straight child is going to do with ....2 gay parents or...an open-minded parent that talks about gays is know more about gays and accept them more. It will not turn them gay...in any way. If you are straight...you are NOT gay.

edited out my personal story TMI
edit on 4-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

i dont know why it changed, i wonder...

I googled...

"Why were the silver slippers changed to Ruby?
In L. Frank Baum's original novel, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900), on which the film is based, Dorothy wears Silver Shoes. However, the color of the shoes was changed to red in order to take full advantage of the new Technicolor film process being used in big-budget Hollywood films of that era."
edit on 4-3-2017 by veracity because: googled

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Maybe, maybe not.

I don't think I have the absolute answer to that question...I don't honestly think anyone really does.

I'll cop out and go with the notion that both scenarios are possible. Some people most probably are born with homosexual tendencies...some probably wouldn't have even thought about it until they heard or saw something that made them think along those lines.

I don't think anyone knows for sure, I'd love to take osmeone elses word for it. I'm sure you base your opinions and ideas on past experience but that doesn't account for everyone, surely.

I can say for certainty that seeing homosexually charged content or whatever doesn't definitely turn you homosexual as we saw this stuff on tv as kids. I remember seeing boy george and frankie goes to hollywood and I'm straight.

So I can't argue that you're wrong because I'd be denying the evidence of my own experiences...but it still doesn't mean it hasn';t or can't happen that someone can be influenced in a way that changes how they think or feel, or how their sexuality forms as they grow up.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

sexual preference is not influenced

You are either gay or straight.

the only thing influential is the acceptance of gays and people different from yourself...that is a good thing.
edit on 4-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
At the end of the day it is up to the original creator of the content — or I suppose in the legal sense, whoever owns the copyright to the work...

The original source material has been in the public domain for quite some time since it was originally published in 1740.

What a fascinating example...

Do you think that change was made for political or social reasons?

Technological.

The red slippers showed up better on the new Technicolor Film.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You seem really certain of that.

Not sure what your certainty is based on, personally - I'll refrain from dealing in such absolutes based entirely on personal opinion. If you have scientific data or evidence that proves or supports your position I'm more than willing to consider it.

Don't mean to be rude...and I have been rude to you, and feel kinda bad about it because you seem pretty decent. But I can't just take someones word for it.

I hope you can appreciate that.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I get it...but I'm right.

You don't have to believe me

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You seem really certain of that.

Not sure what your certainty is based on, personally - I'll refrain from dealing in such absolutes based entirely on personal opinion. If you have scientific data or evidence that proves or supports your position I'm more than willing to consider it.

Don't mean to be rude...and I have been rude to you, and feel kinda bad about it because you seem pretty decent. But I can't just take someones word for it.

I hope you can appreciate that.

Evidence is in the suicide rates of gay and trans children. They're ashamed of it because society made them hate what they are. It being a choice makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

It was actually made because the red showed up so much better on the color film which was brand new at the time.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I get it...but I'm right.

You don't have to believe me

I don't know about that.

You think you're right and that's about as far as we can go.

If we are born that way, then twins would be born that way, and twin studies show that simply isn't true. So it's far more complicated than that.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

That's what you base it on?

I never said it was a choice for everyone...I said I believe some are born that way and I believe some are influenced in various ways that leads them down that road.

So because some have committed suicide it's 100% preoof that they are all born that way? Didn't you accuse me of using flawed logic, earlier?

Based on your line of thinking it's reasonable to group or bundle people...so, since some people find it hard to adjust to being trans or homosexual...it must be true that no trans or homosexual person makes that choice, consciously.

Who even said it was a conscious decision at all? Nobody is saying people suddenly wake up one day and say...right - I'm gay, now!

That's absurd.

But I bet you any money if you were to remove any kind of sexual influece...completely, from the lives of say, a group of 100 children, that a significantly smaller portion, if any, would turn out gay.

People can be influenced on a sub-conscious level, you know?

Let's pluck a random example out of the air...we here in the West tend not to eat cats and dogs...we think it's disgusting.

Go to Asia and you'll find people who believe it's perfectly normal...some won't eat pork, do you? What's the difference between you and them?

Your influences while growing up. The point I made earlier about me having once preferred fat/chuby lasses is a perfect example...I'll tell you what changed, what I was told was beautiful, as opposed to what I believed naturally.

Don't tell me people are not influenced by their upbringing, the things they're told are right and wrong...because you are either outright lying or have blinkers on.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am so sick of this crap. Gay is a part of life. But it is not every part of every life all day long. Hollywood needs to stop being so pc and stop gayifying characters, especially ones that were originally straight. If that is not transparent agenda, what is?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The weird thing is this...

People will make claims like - oh, you know for centuries we've been told that a man should only be with a woman, sexually...and thishas resulted in homosexuals and trans people feeling ashamed of what they are.

So...we acknowledge that kids have indeed been influenced by what society tells them is normal...or this would be a non-issue.

If people were not influenced by their upbringing, what they're taught and told...this would not be true, would it? Boys wouldn't grow up feeling they had to be with girls nor would girls grow up believing they're supposed to go with boys.

But they do, for the most part, believe that...they have done for centuries. Why? Because they're been influenced by those around them...what they've seen, heard, read.

Isn't this apparently part of the problem?

So let's straighten this out (no pun intended)

For centuries we've been brainwashed into thinking that heterosexual relationships are normal, and this has been very effective...it has been so effective that those who are homosexual or trans feel like they're somehow outcasts. So you're basically saying that we can influence or railroad kids into being straight..but we can't nfluence or railroad them into being gay?

So it's a double standard.

Can someone help me make sense of this, please?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'll tell yous what the problem REALLY is - perversion, be it straight, gay, trans..it doesn't matter.

The problem is we, the human race, have made sex such a big deal that we now feel the need to push it on kids, be it hetero, homo, trans or otherwise.

Maybe we should just leave kids alone and let them grow up without shoving this crap in their faces every day on tv, in music, in films, books, magazines.

Maybe kids shouldn't have to worry about sex or sexuality...maybe they're all confused out of their tiny minds.

The truth is the human race has become obsessed with sex full stop...I'm sick hearing about it. We're a race of perverts.
edit on 4-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'll tell yous what the problem REALLY is - perversion, be it straight, gay, trans..it doesn't matter.

The problem is we, the human race, have made sex such a big deal that we now feel the need to push it on kids, be it hetero, homo, trans or otherwise.

Maybe we should just leave kids alone and let them grow up without shoving this crap in their faces every day on tv, in music, in films, books, magazines.

Maybe kids shouldn't have to worry about sex or sexuality...maybe they're all confused out of their tiny minds.

The truth is the human race has become obsessed with sex full stop...I'm sick hearing about it. We're a race of perverts.

I'm pretty sure there's not going to be any gay sex in this movie.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

For centuries we've been brainwashed into thinking that heterosexual relationships are normal, and this has been very effective...it has been so effective that those who are homosexual or trans feel like they're somehow outcasts. So you're basically saying that we can influence or railroad kids into being straight..but we can't nfluence or railroad them into being gay?

So it's a double standard.

Can someone help me make sense of this, please?

During those centuries you speak of, there were just as many gay people as there are now, they just had to keep it inside in fear of persecution.

No. You can not influence someone's sexuality.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join