It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

well, just a true example...I try very hard to be partial to everyone...including trump. she asked about brown skinned people and what was he doing with them, i explained deportation is the most sensitive way possible (saying..."you wouldnt understand till you are older" does not fly with my child, she will get mad and make me try and explain to her) and she decided he was being mean. I tried to tell her how some people see it as protecting America...she had nothing of it.

Then she saw him on TV and I dont know if she can sense auras or just badness..but she decided not to like him.

she started a small anti-trump ralley in her class i hear...I had to tell her that if she cant say anything nice, then not to say anything at all...she said...I didnt say anything mean..I just said "Trump is our president, who likes him" and everyone said they did not.

(i am very secretly proud of this)

She once overheard my and my mother talking about piss gate...and she asked (lol) "why is donald trump peeing on people"...since then I have decided not to talk about him anymore or watch him on tv.

she also once said "oh look theres Trump on tv." I responded "im so glad you are noticing political figures on tv" she said "of course, hes the one who never smiles and looks bad"

she is 5

I dont tell her hes great nor do I say he is bad...but I do talk to her about him.

It IS important to be truthful to your children.

Friend...and I mean that...I'm not your enemy. That is a great story. But I would like to suggest a though...just a thought. Maybe she isn't old enough to see the damage, cost, etc. that that particular situation creates. She is an innocent and sees what she feels. She sees good in all and will continue to do so for a long time. But later...she may experience something different. She may experience good in that topic...she may experience bad. In other words...she may be too young to understand.

Her feeling is fine for now, but may not be her reality years from now. Again...as you suggested you thought...she may be too young.

its never too young to introduce life events and just plain life to a child, that is a parents job. They should hear it first from us.

Im not saying to sit them down at 5 yrs and say...ok, im going to tell you about drugs and sex...no...but just as it happens, dont try to hide it

Last time...I'm done after this. Maybe we simply don't agree.

My 5 year old Daughter might like hamburgers. My only reason for telling her about the death and butchery of how a burger is made, at that age, is to push an agenda. Same thing.

Good night!

I dont like explaining that we eat chicken...yes, the same chicks and chickens you love and hold...actually, when she asked..."are they the same" i just said "yes" and quickly moved on to next subject...i dont think she got it.

But that is different than hiding gays from their lives...Gays are not bad...killing an animal IS bad to them at that age.

and

Good night

edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: typos

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Do people understand that having a character outside of Cishet is NOT teaching?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Do people understand that having a character outside of Cishet is NOT teaching?

lol, i know

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Really??? OK...I challenge you. Here we go...

1. White male child, straight.
2. White male child, gay (and obviously either by choice or action).

You claim that both have the same challenges and chances for success, etc. I claim that there will be people they meet...maybe even employers, etc. that will discount them for being gay. Do you deny that happens?

I am sure it does happen. But let's take it a step farther.

Business A hires the best people for the job, white, black, gay, evil Mason, etc.

Business B don't hire no gays, not ever! Even if they knows their stuff, no gays here.

The retard running Business B will most likely run their business into the ground as good business practices almost always give you a market advantage,

I was Business Owner A and now I am Director of Sales A who hires the best people for the job because who they bone is so far down the list of things I consider it is not even on the list.

Seriously did anybody read this? This is the stuff that gets me hot.

Not like anybody cares what I think but just sayin.

Yea. Thank you Augustus.

Love,
Lou.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

They Gay has obviously taken hold of you as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They aren't kidding anyone with their PC bulls***. Why didn't they do this 5 years ago? 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Yeah, PC bulls***.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Really??? OK...I challenge you. Here we go...

1. White male child, straight.
2. White male child, gay (and obviously either by choice or action).

You claim that both have the same challenges and chances for success, etc. I claim that there will be people they meet...maybe even employers, etc. that will discount them for being gay. Do you deny that happens?

I am sure it does happen. But let's take it a step farther.

Business A hires the best people for the job, white, black, gay, evil Mason, etc.

Business B don't hire no gays, not ever! Even if they knows their stuff, no gays here.

The retard running Business B will most likely run their business into the ground as good business practices almost always give you a market advantage,

I was Business Owner A and now I am Director of Sales A who hires the best people for the job because who they bone is so far down the list of things I consider it is not even on the list.

Seriously did anybody read this? This is the stuff that gets me hot.

Not like anybody cares what I think but just sayin.

Yea. Thank you Augustus.

Love,
Lou.

yes i read it.

a person with good ethics will run a good business. a person with bad ethics will run a bad business.

bigotry is bad ethics

simple as that

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Or, you know, money. It's only been in the last few years that homosexuality has become widely accepted in the US. Having a homosexual character 20 years ago, especially one that isn't a caricature, could've potentially hurt their profits.

People keep claiming that Disney are trying to push an agenda. They are. They're pushing the same agenda they have since day one. Make as much money as possible.

If they thought having a gay character in their movie could hurt the box office draw they would be out of there. PC has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I didn't know what gay was until I was married with children, I was never influenced about it being moral or immoral one way or the other.

I remember the first time someone told me someone was gay, I didn't know what they meant by it, or cared what it was.

Innocence can be bliss.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I didn't know what gay was until I was married with children, I was never influenced about it being moral or immoral one way or the other.

I remember the first time someone told me someone was gay, I didn't know what they meant by it, or cared what it was.

Innocence can be bliss.

you mean ignorance can be bliss?

not really

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Which is why I said call me when they stop trying to assimilate into a Heteronormative Cishetnormal world and just make a Gay prince movie

This is about Money and capitalizing on a younger generation that is more accepting, not about "Teaching"

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Look, I don't care where you put your tallywhackers. I could care less if you want to put your hoo-ha into anther hoo-ha. It makes no difference to me, if you want to wangjangle your schamookt into a stonkwobbler....

But children need to be left out of sexuality completely. If my kid grows up to be a gay man, then I want to at least know that it was not due to outside influence, such as the media.

I have already made the decision that Disney products will never be allowed in my home while my child is still a child.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Did what you watched on TV as a kid make you straight?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

sure it is,i can go on my merry little way not having to prove anything to anybody

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

sure it is,i can go on my merry little way not having to prove anything to anybody

sure...if that makes you happy...

I personally prefer not to be ignorant...

but hey, whatever floats your boat...
edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: seasonal

Look, I don't care where you put your tallywhackers. I could care less if you want to put your hoo-ha into anther hoo-ha. It makes no difference to me, if you want to wangjangle your schamookt into a stonkwobbler....

But children need to be left out of sexuality completely. If my kid grows up to be a gay man, then I want to at least know that it was not due to outside influence, such as the media.

I have already made the decision that Disney products will never be allowed in my home while my child is still a child.

just to ease your mind...outside influence does not have ANY influence on a child's sexual preference

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Right. It's a constellation of factors ... birth order, genetics, extended family structure, age of the mother, hormonal balance in the womb, and of course, Good Ol' Elfin Magic.

(I'm joking about the last of course ... or am I?)
edit on 3-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Fun

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Right. It's a constellation of factors ... birth order, genetics, extended family structure, age of the mother, hormonal balance in the womb, and of course, Good Ol' Elfin Magic.

(I'm joking about the last of course.)

in my personal experiences..you always want what you cant have...

If your parents keep "gay" and anything "gay" from you...then child will be more into "gay" and whatever "gay" has to offer.

maybe more experimental...but sexual preference is within a human being...being around gays, having gay parents, watching movies with a gay character will not turn a straight child gay.

NO parent can control..."gay"

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But you will allow them to be Cishet influenced?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

But you will allow them to be Cishet influenced?

what does Chiset mean to you?

just so we can be on the same page

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join