It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: veracity

Right. It's a constellation of factors ... birth order, genetics, extended family structure, age of the mother, hormonal balance in the womb, and of course, Good Ol' Elfin Magic.

(I'm joking about the last of course.)

in my personal experiences..you always want what you cant have...

If your parents keep "gay" and anything "gay" from you...then child will be more into "gay" and whatever "gay" has to offer.

maybe more experimental...but sexual preference is within a human being...being around gays, having gay parents, watching movies with a gay character will not turn a straight child gay.

NO parent can control..."gay"

Agreed. I tried to combine a few serious facts with some fun

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Cisgendered Heterosexual

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Cisgendered Heterosexual

Cishet is the Majority, Majority (what everyone else is doing) is good.

to be different...bad

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm all for Disney adopting more realistic characters into their productions.

It will make them more true to life, that's what this is about, right?

Sure it is, loads of people have said it right here in this thread.

And since we're diverse and tolerant, we should extend that same courtesy to anti-semites, bigots, racists, islamaphobes, transphobics...these people exist, too!

We want kids to have an accurate depiction of reality, don't we?

Oh, wait - they already have done these things. Oppressive father figures, crows that talk in jive speak, yes, yes.

Disney - that bastion of all that is good and pure, they've exploited other minorities in the past so why not homosexuals? Let's have a tale of morality where a king is sexually abusing a princess or something.

It can end with her giving birth to a genetically deformed child as a result of in-breeding, just like real royalty!

This is all perfectly normal.
edit on 3-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

youre adorable

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Parental censorship is not affected by the movie.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I wish that were true...sadly I'm the very dinosaur I claimed to be in a previous thread.

There are others like me. Loads of us.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was only kidding BTW - I don't really think we should have anti-semites, bigots, transphobics etc in Disney films.

There are certain things we shouldn't promote to children, just illustrating a point, I think I did quite well.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
I was only kidding BTW - I don't really think we should have anti-semites, bigots, transphobics etc in Disney films.

There are certain things we shouldn't promote to children, just illustrating a point, I think I did quite well.

i didnt think you did either, but you are right...they did sneak up in there in the disney films.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

i didnt think you did either, but you are right...they did sneak up in there in the disney films.

Heh - I hnestly don't know how to deal with ths situation, now.

I expected opposition...congratulations.

You've finally found my weakness.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

im a realist...whether i like it our not...i accept reality...you were right

edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

you brought up an interesting point...about society.

Of course disney films are only a percentage of what makes up a society but they reflected back in the early 1900's what was norm then...and then...racism and marriage were the norms. snow white? ...white ???

Not to say the people who bought into it were bad...everyone wants to blend in with society...you just did what you had to in order to do it...

No gays, no trans...marriage before children...single mothers were felt sorry for...the wife did the laundry, cooked, cleaned, at least 8 hrs a day in the kitchen(cinderella)...snow white was just wishing for her prince to come...and she was soooo....white.... "some day my prince will come"...(love that song). Dumbo had big ears...the crows were jiving black (bc they were the "minority")

Now, gays are no longer in the closet, neither are trans, single mothers are cool, dads need to get with the program ...(no more making your wife slave over you) shape up or ship out...somewhere along that timeline was the womans suffrage movement...more diverse movies (milo, pocahontas, tiana, aladin, my favorite...tangled...flynn ryder...thief become prince)...Elsa from frozen "you cant marry a person you just met" and Merida from Brave...

The one thing that is constant with disney is that the underdog is cool and differences is what makes the world interesting.

Things are changing...Disney movies are just a slice of that pie...but its very interesting.
edit on 3-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting news bit.

Is this decision by Disney going to make the world better? Worse? Or no change?

My guess is for "no change" -- but honestly I could see it going both ways, and your personal guess on this is probably no better than anyone else's -- especially if you have a very strong opinion / bias regarding this.

Yeah -- what I am suggesting here is the stronger you feel one way or the other about this, the less likely you will be guessing correctly. For many people anyway. That's ironic

Let's wait and see. It will probably take 10 to 100 years to see the results on society. We may die without ever knowing the truth, so be prepared for that possible outcome.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PassiveInductor

as someone said earlier, there is no agenda...Disney is doing what will make the most money.

staying with the times will do exactly that

also, ask yourself, in the past...did it make it better? worse?? no change?

My answer as we swiftly become more progressive...no change

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
imo this is not the place for indoctrinating kids. they are too young to even understand exactly what a relationship entails beyond a kiss. pg-13 is the place for that stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Oh good grief! Is nothing sacred? Do they have no shame in pushing their agendas?

Oh, cmon. Pat Robertson even said that the Teletubbies were pushing LGBT.

First of all why is he watching Teletubbies.

Second, how did he even watch it long enough to get LGBT out of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

So you are of the opinion of banning all The Arts (Performing, Visual, and Literary) that deal with Cishet (Cisgendered Heterosexual) things also?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Really??? OK...I challenge you. Here we go...

1. White male child, straight.
2. White male child, gay (and obviously either by choice or action).

You claim that both have the same challenges and chances for success, etc. I claim that there will be people they meet...maybe even employers, etc. that will discount them for being gay. Do you deny that happens? Do you believe as I do that the straight boy will have fewer road blocks???

If so...then you HOPE your child is #1 not #2. Sure...you and I would accept them, but having child number 2 means you KNOW their lives will have more challenges...something you don't wish upon them. You hope they don't have a problem with a job, an apartment, the father of a friend, etc. You want the easiest path with the fewest road blocks...so you hope your child is #1. You accept your child as #2 but know they face more challenges than #1.

Just stating facts.

how do you not see the bitter bitter irony here?
of course you want the easiest path for your child
but being gay is NOT A CHOICE
and spending the early part of your life wrestling with the knowledge that your parents espouse this ideology - that they will grudgingly accept you if you're gay but are strident in their belief that it would be inferior.... do you think that makes for an easy path in life?
well guess what, i'm here to tell you from experience that it does NOT.
Kids are observant. You may think you're being very subtle with your views but trust me, if your child is gay they know very very well that you think they are lesser. They will try to change themselves to better suit your view of an appropriate human but they won't be able to.
It keeps them up at night. It stunts their social development. They may spend their entire teens utterly miserable and disengaged with the world.
Because you make it clear, through a million subtle actions their entire lives, that they are a sub-optimal human being.

the really really gross part is that when, as an adult nearing my thirties, when i *finally* had the courage to come out to my parents who were just like you, my mother got all teary and sad because i hadn't come out to her sooner.
"ohhh of course we would have accepted you"
no way
that's what you tell yourself and the position you try to push on the internet to make yourself feel better.
your poor hurt gay hypothetical child, she knows you much better than that.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Oh, Pfffffttttttt.........

as if Gay is a choice....

It is a disease like any other disease.

I don't give a # about religion (which is all fake BS) and sexuality has nothing to do with morality so; really folks, at which point to we realize that nature will always seek balance?!

nature looks like [too many people and too little resources) vs natural balance....

So lets not have artificial balance lets have homosexuality which is natures way of resolving the overpopulation of F''ing morons growing in the planet.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

You believe being LGBT+ is a disease?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join