It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's first 'exclusively gay moment' hits screens in Beauty and the Beast

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Funny thing is...Jesus would have nothing to do with their attitude...

These bigots made up their own religion and its NOT what Jesus would do

They are scared of differences and hide behind the bible.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Again though while the film is not compulsory viewing it is irrelevant if sexuality can be influenced. That is a parents choice, not yours.
And I'll contribute whatever I like to the discussion, go whine to a mod if you don't like it lol.

It's irrelevant? I'd say it's entirely relevant...so let's get this straight, if you say it's irrelevant then we should all comply, but if I or anyone else says it is relevant, we're whining and should shut up and complain to a mod.

Tell me again...who are the dictators?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Children should not be made aware of sexual preferences or practices so young.

As they grow into young adults and then adults they are given time to accept or challenge their preferences.

No disrespect to the homosexual community or Disney, but exposing them the children to "more" social related influences at young ages in their cartoons to 1 adds to the overload of the mental to the genetic pre-designed processes.

Genetically xx chromosomes = female & genetically xy chromosomes = male as Created...

So as more of this adult preference exposure is shared with the children the questions are planted into their subconscious minds to possibly be relayed later. Minds that are still developing into the decision making processes.

Adding the adult influences to their young minds can and may cause distractions to their genetic pre-designed lives and mental states (considering xx chemically & mentally develope different from xy) and as more questions about life and where they fit in are added into their minds from various social sources including cartoon programming at young ages they are then set to question the way they are genetically created at early ages as the planted imagery in their subconscious surfaces periodically over time...
1 just recommends caution-

yo..STFU - did you not read what our dict...sorry, grainofsand said? It's irrelevant!

STFU and go whine to a mod!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So...do kids never get to watch a movie without their parents knowing they're watching it?

I remember watching Schwarzenegger films when I was a boy down my friends' house. My parents never let me watch movies like that but other peoples parents did.

I like how people are making out like every single piece of motion picture their child sees is first vetted by them when we all know that simply isn't the case.

Also...it may actually be compulsory viewing - since we know that the modern school most certainly is pushing the gay agenda...I'll bet you any sum of money that this will be shown in school so that they can all virtue signal and preach tolerance, etc.

Guaranteed...still, it's irrelevant, isn't it?

Our leader has spoken...I'll go back to being an old fashoned nazi dictator, now...man I just looooove telling other people what to do.
edit on 7-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What does a Movie rating have to do with the Sexual Orientation of characters? if they are doing the same exact thing as a Cishet couple why would it needed to be rated different?

Because many people believe it to be immoral to be gay. So there is a question of morality.

the "many" people who think it is immoral to be gay are just a bunch of bigots

It used to be acceptable for a girl at age 12-13 to get married and in fact it is still legal in Virginia, but now it is considered immoral. However it used to be considered unequivocally immoral to be gay. Go figure.

Some cultures believe it to be okay to mass murder those that don't follow their ways and would consider those people bigots. Others would consider the mass murderers the bigots for not having enough morals to not mass murder people. A "bigot" could be looked at as a matter of one's perspective.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

What does a Movie rating have to do with the Sexual Orientation of characters? if they are doing the same exact thing as a Cishet couple why would it needed to be rated different?

Because many people believe it to be immoral to be gay. So there is a question of morality.

the "many" people who think it is immoral to be gay are just a bunch of bigots

It used to be acceptable for a girl at age 12-13 to get married and in fact it is still legal in Virginia, but now it is considered immoral. However it used to be considered unequivocally immoral to be gay. Go figure.

Some cultures believe it to be okay to mass murder those that don't follow their ways and would consider those people bigots. Others would consider the mass murderers the bigots for not having enough morals to not mass murder people. A "bigot" could be looked at as a matter of one's perspective.

pretty much, its not perspective. A bigot is someone who thinks they are better than others based on religion, race, etc. There is more that goes into defining a bigot...such as no tolerance of minorites, infringing and stomping on the rights of others, etc.

someone who murders alot of people is a murderer...not a bigot.

they may have at one time been a bigot...then became extreme and started murdering people...at that time your negative status goes down from bigot to murderer.

another example: a person who is intolerant of bigotry...is not a bigot (funny how many people argue this though) intolerance of bigotry is not bigotry.

Its not a perspective, its basically what it is...not debatable.

There may be a little bigotry in many people, i am not perfect...I can see a little in myself...especially in the past. However, i took the initiative to change for the better...not saying I am perfect, still got a long way to go, but have made alot of progress.

BC of my bigoted ways in my past...it is very easy for me to spot it in others.

I can see how many people cannot understand what it is and keep on their merry blind way jumping on peoples rights and being a bigot.

I wish people cared more about morals and would act more like Jesus.

with this said...I am not a christian, but Jesus was very good.
edit on 7-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Can a bigot not be someone who thinks they're better than others because they believe something others' don't?

I'd say so..in which case I've seen a lot of bigotry right here in this thread, and others.

A certain few individuals have been flying that flag on ATS for some time, now - I'm liberal, I'm tolerant, I'm better than you!

Or is it similar to racism -- blacks can't be racists just as self-appointed liberals cannot be bigots?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Liberals CAN be bigots...of course. It spreads like cancer, evil and no discrimination of political party.

Just intolerance of Bigotry is not bigotry. Once you find it in yourself, you will want to change yourself for the better, and you will be able to see it in others

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So you make a distinction between intolerance and bigotry?

Ok...so the people who oppose things like the film being discussed in this thread are obviously bigotted, it's not intolerance.

It's bigotry...but you can fight bigotry with intolerance...which is not bigotry.

Some pretty sweet mental gymnastics, there. No...you're bigoted against bigots. Just say it, why the fear?

What are you scared of?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think people are scared of themselves.

More to the point, they're scared of people who are exactly like them. they're scared they'll get what they like to give...because they know how much they'd hate to get a little of what they give.

What's the old saying...live by the sword...

You're bigoted against bigots, simply put.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
the question is...who determines what is really bigoted?

You and a few of your friends?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

So you make a distinction between intolerance and bigotry?

Ok...so the people who oppose things like the film being discussed in this thread are obviously bigotted, it's not intolerance.

It's bigotry...but you can fight bigotry with intolerance...which is not bigotry.

Some pretty sweet mental gymnastics, there. No...you're bigoted against bigots. Just say it, why the fear?

What are you scared of?

I guess you can say that ...

but that does not mean I am a bigot in the sense of the word other than the "intolerance" part.

there is so much more to the word "bigot" than there is to the word "intolerance" They are NOT one in the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

no, its not a new term me and my friends just made up

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Lol - I'm not implying that they are the same.

It's the selective application of the respective words that I find interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I never implied you made the word up, the word has existed since before you or I was born.

Stop blowing smoke and angling mirrors, it won't work.

you know full well what I mean.

Who decides what IS bigotry...I wasn't asking about the etymology of the word or who coined it and you know that.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Lol - I'm not implying that they are the same.

It's the selective application of the respective words that I find interesting.

ok good, bc alot of people (probably bigots) like to use it as one in the same and call ME a bigot for not being open-minded to bigotry...

its quite funny...and sad (for them)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I never implied you made the word up, the word has existed since before you or I was born.

Stop blowing smoke and angling mirrors, it won't work.

you know full well what I mean.

Who decides what IS bigotry...I wasn't asking about the etymology of the word or who coined it and you know that.

sorry i cant read your mind, i was just answering your question

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Essentially, what you're saying is...

You see what you perceive to be bigotry, you don't like it...and you respond by being bigoted to the people who you deem to be bigots.

It's the old fire with fire approach, which usually leads to nothing but ashes and charred remains.

Kinda like this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

no, its not a new term me and my friends just made up

The question was perfectly clear...there's no way you can read it and assume that I'm accusing you of defining or coining the term 'bigot'

You'd think that after having been called out on the mental gymnastics and smoke and mirrors tactics that you'd learn.

Apparently not.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I especially like how you virtue signal and hold up Jesus as an example of what people should aspire to be....people should be more like Jesus.

Turn the other cheek?

Didn't christ preach tolerance and to love thine enemy?

Maybe YOU should be more like Jesus and show us all how it's done since it was your suggestion.

Seriously, how pious can a person actually be?

Self proclaimed intelligence, liberal. Sorry, but all I'm seeing is someone telling everyone else how they should think, feel and conduct themselves while basically being the very thing they're preaching against.

Can you explain how this gives you the moral high ground?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join