It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer targets own staff in leak crackdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Congrats for having no hope?

Anecdotal story incoming..

Guy I grew up with all through high school he did every drug that came through florida, every 1 time and your hooked for life drug... he squeaked through school... few years later I was home visiting and we were hanging out catching up having a few beers... when he looked at us and said I think I am going to knock off the drugs and go to college... we laughed at him.

He went to school, got a degree in robotic engineering, and is now helping design new prosthetics that are tied to the persons nervous system...

You are probably going what does that have to do with this..

the point is until the action is done nobody knows with 100% certainty what is going to happen, you may be willing to judge people by appearance or even just off their words, many of us prefer to see what someone does.

We laughed at a guy that we had known our entire lives, passed judgement because of how he acted in the past, and we were all proven wrong.

until trump is impeached, or his 4 years are up any "judgement" is purely an opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: shooterbrody

I was not paying any attention to any of that Loretta and Clinton and Brazile and other stuff. I didn't care. I still don't.

I DO care about what's happening now, however. So do many other people who didn't bother before. What matters now is what's happening NOW!

So you are suggesting a revisionist history in which leaks you politically disagree with are bad and leaks you politically agree with are good.
Exactly

Just because you did not bother does not mean we all did not bother.

Leaks exposing corruption or crime are good imo......what you posted is neither and was not done for any reason other than to embarrass the current administration.

That's pretty much hitting the nail 100% flush on the head.

The reason it matters now and it's worth paying attention to now is because of who's sitting in the Oval Office now. That's why we're only supposed to talk about now.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We have open records laws that distinctly lay out how federal employees are supposed to conduct official business. Those who make the decision to use encrypted apps are on shaky legal ground when it comes to communicating government information. It also puts their own electronic devices and their own privacy at risk.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I was not paying any attention to any of that Loretta and Clinton and Brazile and other stuff. I didn't care. I still don't.

I DO care about what's happening now, however. So do many other people who didn't bother before. What matters now is what's happening NOW!

What exactly IS happening now? A known super biased news site using really bad journalists to cover a story from a unnamed source about a leak of a leak?

And this is bigger than the other stories mentioned how? And the actual evidence is where?

I have already gone through earlier how this is a completely made up hack story based solely on the actual approach they say was used....a physical check of cell phones...lol!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think the story is fake too.

No proof anywhere yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No proof anywhere yet.

You may be right, xuen. So far, during today's press briefing, this has not been mentioned (unless I missed it).

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

No. I am not "suggesting" anything. I am saying flat out what I think. I think Trump's administration deserves every bit of mockery and derision they get.

I didn't care about any of that stuff before. Now I do. I also don't care what you cared about or paid attention to.
It is NOT revisionist "history" or whatever nonsense you keep trying to pin on me. I have always wanted transparency. Why are you belaboring this point? And what does the past have to do with what's happening RIGHT NOW?

Dan Rather: This is an emergency—and a moment of judgement for everyone who remains silent

The time for normalizing, dissembling, and explaining away Donald Trump has long since passed. The barring of respected journalistic outlets from the White House briefing is so far beyond the norms and traditions that have governed this republic for generations, that they must be seen as a real and present threat to our democracy. These are the dangers presidents are supposed to protect against, not create.

For all who excused Mr. Trump's rhetoric in the campaign as just talk, the reckoning has come. I hope it isn't true, but I fear Mr. Trump is nearing or perhaps already beyond any hope of redemption. And now the question is will enough pressure be turned to all those who enable his antics with their tacit encouragement.

What is it you are doing here, anyway? If you don't care about the leaks, then why are you in the thread? I think it's funny, and it's about time that these grown-ass men get their comeuppance.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It isn't fake. God, xuen!!!
You are a real piece of work yourself; you aren't doing ONE DAMN THING to help the quality of this site, or to help people be educated and not fall for ignorant rhetoric. In fact, the typical dross that you dole out multiple times a week (most of which is fake news from sensationalist tabloid sites) is part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Tell it to Dan Rather and every other veteran serious journalist.
He had his stupid chance. He blew it.

This isn't going away, and we aren't going to shut up. We knew what to expect; Trump was certainly NOT an "unknown quantity." It is a disaster already, and how you can defend it is really really cause for concern.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It isn't fake. God, xuen!!!
You are a real piece of work yourself; you aren't doing ONE DAMN THING to help the quality of this site, or to help people be educated and not fall for ignorant rhetoric. In fact, the typical dross that you dole out multiple times a week (most of which is fake news from sensationalist tabloid sites) is part of the problem.

Not the mud pit OP...

And still no evidence of a real story as I've said over and over and over...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: xuenchen

No proof anywhere yet.

You may be right, xuen. So far, during today's press briefing, this has not been mentioned (unless I missed it).

Yup.

Not even a question yet from the "press".

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I see it as business as usual. Every administration tries to clamp down on leaks and pretending that this is unique to Trump's administration is silly. The article you posted on page 1 pretty well indicates that: leaks have been happening since the Washington administration.

Yes, but the amount of leaks in the Trump admin is unusual. Plus there are some notably concerning leaks (that I noticed you avoiding answering my question about) there too. Just saying this is business as usual is a rather dismissive way of trying not to look under the curtain. There is nuance involved here. Things aren't so cut and dry.
edit on 27-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

I think it's funny, and it's about time that these grown-ass men get their comeuppance.

I actually do care about the leaks. You are the one who does not, at least until today. All you care to see is that trump gets his. Thats cool glad to see you not sugar coat it.

You do not even have a full understanding of the off topic bs dan(no longer relevant)rather story you listed. Aside from the fact it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LEAKS, it is a blown up fake story. The story involves a rotating press pool. Rotating meaning not the same people every time. The msm does not get to pick the white house does. That burns you guys up does it not?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

There's still nothing proving this even happened.

I would think if a real "threat" was present at this level, the FBI would be investigating.

Or at least the Capitol Police detectives.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If this were a real story, don't you think it would have been brought up by the reporters and journalists at today's press briefing? You would think this would be red meat for the hungry hounds of the media, but, so far, today....nothing about it whatsoever (unless I missed it, but I have been keeping a pretty sharp ear on it).

The briefing is over....nada said about this story. I think, now, it must have been a non story. Fake News?

edit on 27-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

the point is until the action is done nobody knows with 100% certainty what is going to happen, you may be willing to judge people by appearance or even just off their words, many of us prefer to see what someone does.

It's not like Trump doesn't have a past in business. He's 70 yrs old, don't expect him to change any at all.

www.wsj.com...

But I believe he will try and control the leaks and fail. DC isn't Mayberry RFD!

edit on 27-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The press did not ask about this during the daily presser?
Seriously?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: queenofswords

The press did not ask about this during the daily presser?
Seriously?

Zilch. No questions at all about this fake story.

Today's press conference actually focused on some genuine issues.

The phone frenzy is made up.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That's right. Unless I missed it (it would have had to be a few seconds long when I went for coffee), nada was mentioned.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I would think if a real "threat" was present at this level, the FBI would be investigating.

Hmmmm, the Bureau is the primary agency tasked with all counter-intelligence / counterespionage operations.
Leaking highly classified information is a act of treason.

Also, there's a rumor that the following music was heard playing in the office of " Smooth Operator ".

Buck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join