It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer targets own staff in leak crackdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
lol... the same people who love these leaks are the same people who hate wikileaks for leaks..

heh

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh, Spicer!

Any junior level G-man or business leader (at any level) knows the fundamental truism of leakers:

They do not happen when morale is high.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This is a serious concern because every device with a microphone such as your cell, a laptop, a tablet, an Apple watch, etc. etc. etc. has ears. Then, there is no telling what new technology has been developed over the last eight years.

None of that is really necessary when "information" is a commodity to be traded, sold and used etc. and wads of cash available for "insider trading" and it's all insider trading at the WH. Obscene fortunes to be made with seemingly inconsequential trivia.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think both teams are reprehensible and have to question anyone that supports two obviously corrupted groups that only work to consolidate power and wealth for themselves.

The difference between me and some here on this site, I hoped Obama would do great... and I hope Trump does great... successful presidents usually help the american people.

Yet some people seem to be cheering for a failed presidency based on who's team they cheer for and that is mind boggling.

Hoping Trump does great is a waste of hope. No one with a lick of real foresight thought he would do "great." Many saw right through it from his first triumphal glide down the escalator....he is not presidential material. He won't "do great," because he's simply not "great." Steve Bannon makes my skin crawl every bit as much as Ted Cruz and Mike Pence do.

I cannot fathom that way of thinking... I said hope... nobody and I do mean nobody knows exactly what will happen over the next 4 years, a lot of people have "opinions"... we know all about those.

White house science adviser in 08 terrified me, he suggested at one point that we should inject pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to fight climate change...

Every administration has crazy people in it.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Time will tell. Unfortunately we don't really have any way of knowing that sources and methods have been leaked until it's too late to do anything about it. I doubt many folks at the agency are willing to get agents in the field killed just to make Trump look bad, but who knows?

That being said, I find the "leak" about the White House trying to deal with leaks, and the subsequent cries of joy over the "leak," to be pretty silly. Every White House has tried to control leaks and, as I said, this is really only news because it's Trump.

Spicer had a meeting. Nobody has been arrested or charged. Not so far, anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

This is about Sean Spicer and today's current events. It isn't about what has been done in the past. Please try to remember that. Obama is gone. Hillary was not inserted into the Oval Office. This is about TRUMP and his presidency.

Funny you say the above, because you decided to sneak this tidbit in your OP:

Keep in mind that he did NOT win the popular vote.

So how does the above statement fit into the narrative about Sean Spicer and TODAY'S current events - as you put it???

O Holier Than Thou

(post by network dude removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

if thats not the actions of a guilty person, i dont know what is

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

This is about Sean Spicer and today's current events. It isn't about what has been done in the past. Please try to remember that. Obama is gone. Hillary was not inserted into the Oval Office. This is about TRUMP and his presidency.

Funny you say the above, because you decided to sneak this tidbit in your OP:

Keep in mind that he did NOT win the popular vote.

So how does the above statement fit into the narrative about Sean Spicer and TODAY'S current events - as you put it???

O Holier Than Thou

I didn't "sneak" anything into it. I'm sick of the browbeatings and people acting like Trump and his administration have the support of the American people. They do not. It's totally obvious. TODAY Trump is still the POTUS. How long that remains the case is up for wagers. Spicer is part of TODAY'S WHITE HOUSE. That's how it fits in. TRUMP's ADMINISTRATION includes Sean Spicer. It is a matter of fact (that some on ATS seem unable to grasp) Trump was not a popular candidate except among a select group of souls who are vastly outnumbered.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Personally rather than hold a meeting I would assign some asset from IT to start scrubbing social media accounts for all that work in areas that leaks occurred.

There is probably a decent chance the leaker has boasted about it, and if so use them as an example by going for blood.

that would do far more than a meeting...

You will never stop leaks, but it will slow them down... seriously they should take a cue from Obama on this, precedent has been set for use of the 1917 espionage act.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I see it as a symptom of a much bigger problem that the Trump admin caused to themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You know, Irishhaf, I have been on this planet for nearly six decades. It took me full FIVE of those to learn when to give up on someone who has proven time and time again they are not what I "hoped" they would be.

Trump was a blatantly incompetent candidate to begin with. He is not going to suddenly become an intellectual giant, nor a tempered diplomat. It is not going to happen.

Leaks are going to happen. Presidents who take foreign assistance and then deny taking it are not worth "hoping" about.
I can't fathom how anyone could really have expected anything EXCEPT this sort of stuff!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
lol... the same people who love these leaks are the same people who hate wikileaks for leaks..

heh

It is quite laughable isn't it. That capped off with Brazile asking for her party to use handwritten ballots and ID's to make sure they're all valid. It's almost like they just say whatever at the time knowing people won't remember it 2 weeks later...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ironically, for all the bluster Trump made over Hillary and her age and physical condition, Trump is the oldest person to become President at the age of 70. If there is anything we all have learned through our lives is that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Trump is Trump. He isn't going to change, and expecting otherwise is naive.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly

heh
You're the second member who seems to be confusing me with someone else.

I have never been "against" the leakers. Not any of them. I am pro Transparency, and I voted for Obama TWICE, and am proud of it. I have read serious (and I mean SERIOUS) whistleblowing from people like Greenwald and Jeremy Scahill.

The Republican party is a shambles right now. They were unprepared for this, and they are now scrambling putting out fires every single day instead of governing and listening to the people.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who are you talking about?!!! WHO in this thread was against Wikileaks? I assure you, I am not against whistle-blowing. I have done it myself on more than one occasion.

I was not a Hillary supporter, I was not enraged by Snowden or Manning's behavior, I was first to post a thread about Russian interference in our elections....so I'm not sure which members you and jiggs and six7 are talking about.

If you're trying to insult me, you are failing, since whatever you are talking about is not something I have ever done or said. And anyway, this is NOT the mud-pit. If you have nothing to say about Spicer or the leaker(s) under his authority, then you are off-topic.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Irishhaf

Presidents who take foreign assistance and then deny taking it are not worth "hoping" about.

Can you name one that hasn't? Hell...every one I've lived through certainly has...and I've only got 4 decades under my belt.

On another note, I guess there isn't much hope for any country that takes assistance from another?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm talking about the Russian interference with our elections.
Which is not to say that the US hasn't meddled in other people's elections, because the US has.
Comeuppance is never fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Who are you talking about?!!! WHO in this thread was against Wikileaks? I assure you, I am not against whistle-blowing. I have done it myself on more than one occasion.

I was not a Hillary supporter, I was not enraged by Snowden or Manning's behavior, I was first to post a thread about Russian interference in our elections....so I'm not sure which members you and jiggs and six7 are talking about.

If you're trying to insult me, you are failing, since whatever you are talking about is not something I have ever done or said. And anyway, this is NOT the mud-pit. If you have nothing to say about Spicer or the leaker(s) under his authority, then you are off-topic.

Huh? I'm talking about the article you linked to and the other news story about Brazile as well. They seem to think they can say whatever they want and it will be forgotten within 2 weeks.

I already addressed the validity of your OP....the source makes it even more laughable. But it seems people have already forgotten that they run their stories by others in the DNC prior to reporting or even checking facts.

The entire story stinks of made up hit piece from nobody "journalists"....one of which specifically covered HRC's campaign and likely with guidance from Thrush...the other is literally a nobody.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The Republican party is a shambles right now. They were unprepared for this, and they are now scrambling putting out fires every single day instead of governing and listening to the people.

Plus they are just waiting for the Russian Shoe to drop and throw the whole election into question. The leaks are soon to become a tsunami of political upheaval.

I could almost feel empathy for the GOP but they brought this mess down on themselves.

It just got real....

edit on 27-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join