It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News After Pedophilia Comments

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's sick and pathetic that people are defending him. I am a father of 2 girls near the age he says it's okay to start having sex with adults... Anybody touches them, they won't live.

If ANYBODY on the left said the exact same words Milo said, in the exact same context, the response would be: "ZOMG!!! #pizzagate confirmed!!!, derpy derp satanic pedophile!!!”

No.
You've got that wrong. If anyone on either side had the ever-growing EVIDENCE similar to the mounting evidence of Alefantis or Podesta(LINK for voice comparison), they might cry out against heinous pedophilia-related crimes.

If someone admits they've been exploited, it doesn't matter how much you don't like their political stance, they remain a victim of a heinous crime by some sicko who very likely told him he would get in trouble if he said anything. And just look at that. He sure did. Way to go, general public!

I have a special interest in wanting to see these creeps come to justice. I currently have the responsibility of taking care of a 13yr old whose natural father IS, in fact, a pedophile. Luckily, the child I'm taking care of did not knowingly get molested, but others did. When his father wasn't jailed for his original crimes like so many are not, he proceeded to have children again with another woman whom he was also charged with once he was caught again. And again, after a short stint, he walks free. I have to monitor this child's Facebook activity periodically to make certain his father isn't trying to reach him because guess what? He already has in the past.

@zazzafrazz

LOL @ the histrionics in desperately explaining away Milos pro pedo comments.
Such a "misfortune" couldn't have happened to a nicer person.Gross.

Again, when someone is traumatized by molestation, they rationalize that "it wasn't that bad" or "it's my fault too" because that's what the sickos tell them and it psychologically damages them for life. Consider for a minute that Milo's ranting that you hate so much just might come from a place of pent up damage in his early years when he was wrongly molested.

Think twice about being happy to see someone you can't stand get destroyed even if he hasn't done the crime to deserve it. In this particular case, think about how much the giant crowd of Milo-haters just might love nothing more than to see him fail and how the media just might take advantage of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know ATS has got quite low lately, particularly with a certain contingent desperate to defend absolutely anything on the right blindly, but I never thougot people would be trying to defend this guy. I mean jesus christ. Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Well, I for one, am a libertarian and do not believe we have a 2 party system. I've listened to Milo in the past and read some of his articles and for the life of me, cannot determine why anyone would find him to be a person not worthy of defending other than he tells it like he sees it with a very loud voice. What makes him "this guy" to you?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

so in your mind, guilty.
Hes a pedo.
IMO you are a victim of state sponsored propaganda meant to undermine free speech and free thought.
Milo is a filthy sick damaged puppy, but he is a libertarian more than a conservative.
And an outspoken victim and exposer of child abuse.
I dont remember the media setting up such a circus over Dennis Hastert (a big republican pedo)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I love talking s# to that #hole on Twitter. The guy is a jerk so I troll him as much as humanly possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Are you aware that Richard Dawkins said almost the exact same thing?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

He condoned priest sexual abuse. That may be free speech but it is also unforgivable and BS. It's kinda like burning a flag. You have the right to do it and I will take the right to exercise my First Amendment on your face. One may not be better than the other but it sure AF makes me feel better.
Too bad Milo can't be burned at the stake anymore. I would pay good money to see that. Js.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

richard dawkins said "mild pedophilia" causes "no lasting harm" after admitting that he and his classmates were openly molested by their schoolteacher.

Milo came out against child abuse in the strongest terms possible.
I see quite a large difference

milo still a dirty attention queen though

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

see, but he didnt. i watched the clip. he was in visible discomfort and stress talking about it.
he joked about it. it was horrid to watch. but i didnt hear an endorsement.
His parents didnt even know he was abused until this all came put recently.

im not defending him anymore. but im still not convinced.

I want to see this media circus mobilized against Jeffrey Epstein or whoever is behind the finders and franklin coverup.

not some idiot goon like milo

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

“In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationships — the relationships in which those older men help those young boys to discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable sort of rock,” Yiannopoulos said.

like i said... the exact same thing. Sans manufactured outrage

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

so from "security and safety", they extrapolated "child rape", and from "young boys" they assumed "13 year old boys".

and then theres milos journalistic career of outing child abusers,
which flies in the face of boy lovers and their fans like Salon.com who crusade for more child rape.

for me it doesnt fit the pattern. and im not a frikking republican. both parties can go die in a ditch for all i care.
I just want children safe, and the RIGHT PEOPLE being accused
edit on 22-2-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

In the video Milo clearly states that he was talking about his own experience when he was 17 and he dated a 29 year old. That's hardly pedophilia. And he comes from a different culture where age of consent is different.

I watched the video and I liked him a lot. I feel bad this is happening to him. I never heard of him before yesterday.

I share dahsens attitude in that I don't care what political side you define your entire being on (lol, cause that's what people seem to do), but I think Milo is sincere... and being wrongly attacked. And it just seems like nobody gives a fug about Milo's own abuse or anyone's child abuse- it's the world who seems to love letting pedophilia continue and there's this crazy hypocritical gaslighting thing that victims go through where people cry out about how wrong it is but actions speak louder than words and their actions by and large show how much nobody gives a fug about children. It's a really twilight zone like dynamic that I think all victims face and it's really hard to cope with.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was a fan of him.

But now, I'm not.

UNLIKE a leftist, and unlike a religious zealot, when I'm presented with FACTS contrary to my opinion - I CHANGE my opinion.

While I agree with us hardcore anti Islamic stance, I can now say "f##k Milo"

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I was a fan of him.

But now, I'm not.

UNLIKE a leftist, and unlike a religious zealot, when I'm presented with FACTS contrary to my opinion - I CHANGE my opinion.

While I agree with us hardcore anti Islamic stance, I can now say "f##k Milo"

Don't know, if his comment is regards his experience at 17, remember the age of consent is 16 in many places. Inappropriate sure, but if he himself is a victim and is rationalizing what happened to him... I wouldn't say a hypothetical woman that was raped and tried say to defend rape rationalizing what happened to her for example, should be said to F up.

And again as I said adult minor relations shouldn't be allowed by law as they are prone to abuse. But when we say that a teenager can't consent, do we mean to say that if a teenage couple gets intimate, the act was nonconsensual and they raped each other and abused each other. Even though such acts of intimacy between teenagers are a common occurrence, a natural occurrence which tends to have no lasting harm if adequate protection against pregnancy/std are taken.

As everyone seemed to ignore the elephant in the room, that I brought last page, the vast natural occurrence of teenage sexual intimacy between teenage couples. In my book those relations between two teenagers, a boyfriend and his girlfriend, are consensual relations with no abuse. Abuse comes into the equation when an adult gets involved as they can manipulate, they often have greater power, maturity and experience and can manipulate, groom, and take advantage of immature individuals.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Even though he explained about his relationship when he was 17(nobody is "coming of age" at 13 yes old, come on folk) he also said he himself is a victim of child abuse. That's a seperate thing. And he said he would never condone child abuse and that maybe he uses humor to cope with it and I understand that too.

I'd like to read his book.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You're pissing in the wind for many on ATS, unfortunately.

Somehow, people have decided that a victim of abuse not doing what they think the victim should do means that the victim condones the abuse and, somehow, encourages it.

Apparently victim shaming and victim bullying is cool so long as one can claim to only be doing it "for the children."

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's the kind of twilight zone shiz I'm talking about and it is maddening ty for existing ily.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Stefan Molyneux has picked this apart and did a very good job at sharing his thoughts on Milo and his words. I pretty much agree with him this time.

It's long, but watch it all if you get the time to. He points out specifics on both sides of this debate and makes a lot of sense.

edit on 22-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's definitely turned me 'against' him, a bit. It's not like he's a Muslim (100% of whom absolutely condone full blown sex with six years olds, unless you're saying Muslims don't follow the Quran) and every leftist on the planet defends islams stance on child marraige and child sex.

BUT his remarks are pretty poor, i agree with a lot of his ideals but alas, I can't take him seriously anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I think Milo has a twisted view of things because of his own childhood abuse.

I don't think a public speaker should make the kind of comments he has made, especially toward victims of sexual assault/child abuse. Even IF he did not intend to.

His own view is that HE was the aggressor and that is part of his own experience with it, and that view of it is all twisted up as a result.

He should not have equated it to "bankruptcy" during the press conference. That is was put the nail in the coffin for me.

I DON'T think Milo is a bad person, however. I think he needs some help. He's NOT a pedo either, as he has done no criminal wrong doing.

I also believe the media sat on this then attacked like a shark in the water at the most opportune time. After the Berkeley riots, the dems have to save face somehow, and this was the time they saw fit to do it. And THAT was wrong as well. They exploited him due to his own dealings with childhood abuse.

Just a bad situation all around.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join