It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News After Pedophilia Comments

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Whatinthehell

What the hell are YOU talking about?

Milo is not being accused of being a pedophile.

He is wrongly being accused of "normalizing" it despite having a stronger record of condemning it and outing three pedophiles.

I am accusing him of protecting the pedophiles at those parties and on those boats he brought up in that interview.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
From the looks of the thread, talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And the CTRL-Left rejoices the world over.

Now that he's lost his cushy position, I wonder if they'll take that as a win and simmer down?

Well judging by how getting equal rights and a black POTUS only drove them out of their minds, perhaps they'll go to his house and string him up now....

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Media Assassination Level: EXPERT

They went after the lower hanging fruit and succeeded. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad to see the level of mental gymnastics being flipped in order to justify this.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

They went after the lower hanging fruit and succeeded. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad to see the level of mental gymnastics being flipped in order to justify this.

Justify what? Using his own words against him? When you are on the public record it is going to happen. He should take it as a compliment. He was finally becoming relevant enough for someone to want to silence. Bravo.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

So would you show me, in the source, where he said anything but "i'm sorry"? Would seem fitting no?

I watched the JR interview myself. It didn't apply to anyone but him.

(post by FlyingFox removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Full text of the interview.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Well that escalated. First CPAC dropping him now this:

Mr. Yiannopoulos’s resignation followed days of tumult that intensified over the weekend after a conservative group called the Reagan Battalion revealed a video that showed him condoning sexual relations between men and boys as young as 13 and jokingly dismissing the gravity of pedophilia by Roman Catholic priests.

On Monday, the organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference revoked their invitation for Mr. Yiannopoulos to speak this week, and the publisher Simon & Schuster also said it was canceling the publication of his book, “Dangerous.”

www.nytimes.com...

I always found Milo to be a troll. Never took him seriously so never paid much attention to what he had to say. His recent comments however disturbed the hell out of me. I loved the fact he tried to walk back on it in his Facebook post, too little too late though. No it's not 'ok' to have sex with consenting children since they don't have the capacity to consent in the first place. How hard is this to understand? How many Pizzagaters were defending this guy? Oh the hypocrisy.

I work with one. He claims all of this is "out of context" and there's some Mormon guy that's spending his money to demonize Milo.
He was the most vocal person I heard about pizza gate bs as well.
He's 20...talking about getting into constitutional law. Has politics in his family.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

playing the useful idiots for the idiots that they are

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Who is they? Is it Breitbart? Is it the Washington Examiner?

Washington Examiner - Breitbart employees threaten to quit if Milo Yiannopoulos is not fired: Report

Several employees have reportedly threatened to quit Breitbart News if Milo Yiannopoulos is not immediately fired. A top editor at the right-wing news outlet said "at least a half-dozen" employees have threatened to walk.

Chuckling through a story about how "Father Michael" is to thank for his self-professed fellatio prowess? Expressing concern and regret for possibly outting his pederast lovers?

As soon as the likes of Bannon and Conway's associates in the CNP heard that, it was a wrap. The Left didn't have to do a thing and despite what I'm sure many Milo-loving Trump supporters may believe, Trump is firmly connected to deep and powerful networks within the conservative establishment and there's a strong religious (Christian) component.

This was no conspiracy. See, here's where Milo went horribly horribly wrong: the Right is tolerant of "politically incorrect" speech only when it's politically correct for conservatives to say. As long as he was saying "shocking" things about liberals, Muslims, gays, etc — wunderbar!

Milo is the poster boy for tokenism.

Praising priestly pederasts? Yeah, that's a nope.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They as in the source for starters.

He chose to not be a victim. Indeed he was/is but chose to not wallow in the guilt nor let it define him. He chose to see it in a different sense. Something he could draw off. Did he condone the activity especially outside his own self?

I'll not argue the fact that he has been used as a tool. Now by both sides of the spectrum.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I sort of disagree with you.

I think that there was an effort to remove him and a hunt to do so, but I don't think it was the democrats. I think it was the establishment republicans.

Sure the dems will pile on. The celebrate Lena Duhnam, who admitted to molesting her underage sister, and yet call for Milos head. Just look at the threads on ATS and the comments from people on the left.

The left will idolize hollywood and their defense of Roman Poloanski who actaully raped an underage girl.

And I don't mean all people on the left, but certainly establishment types like those in the media.

But it is the Evan McMullin, Bill Kristol, John McCain types that fear people like Milo the most. The want their neocon war raging control back in charge of the party, and that means returning to the old paradigm. They don't want new types of people on the right.

They hate Trump because they are worried he will ruin their nation building plans in places like Syria. And Milo represents a move away from the establishment republican party just like Trump.

And let me be clear saying that I don't think Milo meant it was ok for 13 year olds to sleep with older people. I think he is a victim, and was trying to cope by joking, being risque and simultaneously trying to have a nuanced discussion about consent. If he thinks 13 should be consensual, I also think that is sick and would reject that.

But you live by the sword, you die by the sword. People have the right to take his words anyway they want. I am not outraged, many others are. Thats fine.

But a pattern is developing. Its not even the left. Its the establishment. They are targeting people one by one from alternative views. Milo, Pewdiepie, Gavin McCinnes, and many others. And yet people that have said far worse things such as Sarah Silverman, Lena Duhnam, and many others are not only given a pass, but celebrated.

So I hope those celebrating this targeting now don't end up on the receiveing end of these establishment hit jobs.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Personal responsibility/accountability goes right out of the window with this one.

Milo was destroyed by a vast left-wing conspiracy.

It has nothing to do with the things he's said (on JRE for instance).

Lol. Excuses, excuses.

Indeed.

It's a strange set of ideas that...
- he got invited and then dis-invited from CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) because of the left
- the offending remarks were made to left-wing sources
- the interview was pushed by those left-wing sources
- the ACU (American Conservative Union) was pressured by lefties
- Breitbart caved to the left
...and they are all very silly.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
This was a coordinated attack by the deep state, their establishment media and their useful idiots in online social media.

They made this attack too obvious and it will backfire in the long run.

No, it was a real person that got called out on real things they said. Reality is so twisted when that person is defended or said to be the victim of a plot while people go on and on about pizza and ping pong.

I never liked Milo. This is probably why.
edit on 21-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Sure the dems will pile on. The celebrate Lena Duhnam, who admitted to molesting her underage sister..

Ugh, Lena Duhnam and Polanski. These two should be on a "You might be a member of the alt-left if you ...." list.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
At Milo's press conference, he took a few questions from the crowd. A reporter asked him what he would say to a thirteen-year old boy who had faced sexual assault in the way he did.

Milo gave a response, nearly in tears: "It doesn't have to be the worst thing to happen to you. Going bankrupt is worse. You can't let it be the worst thing to happen to you because if you do, they win."

He has taken more abuse than any professional victim on the left ever will. In addition to being a victim of sexual assault, he's taken a barrage of lies and slander from the media, and the left as a whole, but he never retreated to his safe space, he didn't just call them bigots or homophobes, and he never called for his opponents to be silenced or beaten. He simply laughs at their idiocy and fights back when needed.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

are you trying to equate Liberalism with Alt-Right?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

im thinking they wanna suicide him before he names names

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
guys can i just point out that i run with an extremely left-wing crowd, i have acquaintances many of you on ATS would label rabid foaming SJW's and i really just have to point out that they do NOT support Lena Dunham, if anything they despise her more than you ever could. The comparison has never arisen but i bet some of them hate her more than they do Milo.
so can we stop using that as a handy "yeah look what The Left did" cus like fake news or wtvr.

More relevant to the thread as a whole, wasn't Milo's whole shtick that he got a kick out of being as troll-like as possible? Didn't he openly and gladly declare himself an internet supervillain? Like i agree that people have jumped on this possibly over-gleefully but don't let's pretend he hasn't been literally begging for it from the start. It was pretty much destined to happen sooner or later with something he said.
Only real question is if it was subconscious self-loathing self sabotage
or if there is some Actual Plan stuff going on...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join