It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News After Pedophilia Comments

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

No. I'm was saying that there is the left and there is the alt-left. But what I really meant was the far left. I haven't been able to satisfactorily define alt-right to equate it to anything but a buzzword.
edit on 21-2-2017 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm a liberal but I'm all for free speech. Someone probably looked hard to find a video to use against him. I heard he lost his job at Breitbart and his book deal got canceled. I think it's silly that people can be manipulated so easily into shutting his platform down. If I were to express an informed opinion on his views, I would want to read some of his writing first.
edit on 21pmTue, 21 Feb 2017 23:08:52 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

And let me be clear saying that I don't think Milo meant it was ok for 13 year olds to sleep with older people. I think he is a victim, and was trying to cope by joking, being risque and simultaneously trying to have a nuanced discussion about consent.

I think that this summarizes what happened. Also, he clarified in his press conference that he said he believes in the legal age of consent (even on the tape that was used against him, but it was edited out).

I think Milo and Trump are taking the conservatives in a new direction, so it would make sense for establishment conservatives to be the ones behind the character assassination of Milo - although one just has to see who released the incriminating video to get an idea of who was behind it.
edit on 21pmTue, 21 Feb 2017 23:13:45 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: nitrork

So what if the comments were made over a year ago? People are STILL digging up Obama birther conspiracies. Should we all but stop discussing 9/11 because it was well over a decade ago?

Should we ignore the Holocaust because it happened in the past? I don't understand the logic behind these statements.

You claim there is a more sinister ploy at play - so prove it.

I'd say that's a pretty illogical analogy to make considering 9/11 had been shrouded in conspiracy, and rigorous debate since the very moment it happened, along with the holocaust. Unlike Milo's case, where the statements were made over a year ago, and only now deemed to be socially significant- By Whom?

As for proof, of course I can't provide any more credible information aside from what has already been posted. I am simply suggesting that given the context of the political climate behind pedogate, along with an anonymous tip-off from a user on 4chan who's prognosis was substantiated as claimed, it is a logical position to assume. You are free to disagree, but don't act like it isn't within the realm of possibilities.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I sort of disagree with you. I think that there was an effort to remove him and a hunt to do so, but I don't think it was the democrats. I think it was the establishment republicans. Sure the dems will pile on. The celebrate Lena Duhnam, who admitted to molesting her underage sister, and yet call for Milos head. Just look at the threads on ATS and the comments from people on the left.

Lena Dunham never admitted to molesting her underage sister that I'm aware of. She said that at the age of seven, she was curious about genitals and if hers were like what her sister had. So she looked. Then she told her mother. Later she wrote about it as an anecdote in a book. Maybe I'm missing something?

As far as the establishment Republicans. I agree and that's what I was getting at:

"As soon as the likes of Bannon and Conway's associates in the CNP heard that, it was a wrap. The Left didn't have to do a thing and despite what I'm sure many Milo-loving Trump supporters may believe, Trump is firmly connected to deep and powerful networks within the conservative establishment and there's a strong religious (Christian) component."

Where I believe we disagree is that I don't see Trump as being outside of the establishment. I'm going to be updating my "map of the swamp" soon but in regards to this:

They hate Trump because they are worried he will ruin their nation building plans in places like Syria. And Milo represents a move away from the establishment republican party just like Trump.

How involved in Trump's developing foreign policy is Henry Kissinger for instance? They've had multiple in person meetings, including at least one since the election. And reportedly, numerous calls. The Deputy National Security Advisor, K.T. McFarland, is a Kissinger acolyte who worked as an aide to Kissinger on the National Security Council staff during the Nixon years.

As I mentioned briefly in my post, Trump's got multiple staffers who are members of the CNP including both Conway and Bannon (and Edwin Meese, at least during the transition).

He's also got deep connections to the CSP, through Bannon (possibly others), advisor Joseph Schmitz and importantly through Walid Phares, Trump's advisor on Middle East affairs. (Phares it should be noted, advised Romney in 2012). If you're not familiar with the CSP (Center for Security Policy), it's a DC think tank started by extremist Frank Gaffney, Jr who in turn advised Ted Cruz this election and was going to be Cruz's appointee for National Security Advisor.

And let me be clear saying that I don't think Milo meant it was ok for 13 year olds to sleep with older people. I think he is a victim, and was trying to cope by joking, being risque and simultaneously trying to have a nuanced discussion about consent. If he thinks 13 should be consensual, I also think that is sick and would reject that.

I have no idea what he really believes. I don't think it actually matters to the people who turned on him from the Right though. The way I feel about it though is pretty much summed up as you put it — live my the sword, die by the sword. I think that whatever the reason he said it at the time, he said it when it finally came to the attention of the wrong people on the Right, they found him to have been shocking/controversial in a way that they couldn't abide and he lost their patronage.

I really haven't been following the Pewdiepie controversy. I know the basics but not enough to really discuss it. I know that Gavin McInnes had a fight break out at NYU involving supporters and antifa protesters earlier in the month and a bunch of people were arrested. Is that what you're referring to?

Was there something earlier? I know it was less than two weeks before that NYU incident that Gavin McInnes decided to use his hands to shutdown the speech of a protester he didn't like:

Gavin McInnes annoys me. He tries so hard at times to portray that he's unfairly mischaracterized if he's called a "white nationalist." He calls himself a "Western Chauvinist" which I guess would be considered a form of European ethnocentrism. Either way, it's just this side of the white pan-nationalism (or whatever "ism" anyone prefers) of the "Alt-Right" which is why you'll sometimes see the tongue-in-cheek label "Alt-Light" in reference to McInnes.

But there's not as big of a gap as he likes to pretend. While he might constantly try to differentiate his "Western Chauvinism" from Richard Spencer's dressed up white pan-nationalism, they have a lot of the same friends, they've written for the same webzines and they move in the same circles.

In this case, physically:

Apparently Richard Spencer wasn't banned from the DeploraBall after all. I just add that last bit because it sheds a little light on the narratives being spun. It's all such a mess. Politics is so hyper-polarized that it seems like we're being inundated with daily proxy battles.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
He is gay and is called homophobic by the left. He dates only black guys, they call him racist. He is Jewish but they claim he is anti-Semitic. He was a victim of child sex abuse and they claim he advocates for it. Anyone with half a brain knows that the real issue with Milo is that he is a conservative.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is "grab her by the [SNIP]" out of context boisterous lockerroom talk level nothingness blown into a media assassination attempt at a character known for his outragrousness and infuriating habit for exposing the momumental hypocrisy of the left...

He will recover just as Trump did.
The sad part is that they can actually hurt him with their temper tantrum 'cancelations' and pile on virtue signaling grievances...

Mod Note: Please refrain from using vulgar terms
edit on 2/22/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed vulgar term.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

But...but...he won't name names! That's practically the same as telling everybody they should bang kids!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
You're making a false equivalency, Mr Hicks. It's always this dumbass "but you guys worship ____" # that just doesn't exist. Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when it's false to begin with.

We were demanding Polanski be extradited, we thought Lena Dunham's abortion comments were retarded, we think Sarah Silverman is a comedian saying anything controversial for phony relevance. And I feel the same way about Yiannopoulous. Phony dude saying phony things for phony fame, but all for a real paycheque.

We live in a world where the only "news" that gets noticed, and hence believed, is whatever pisses people off. We live in tabloid times. Truth is always shorn aside in favour of biased nonsense. Because it SELLS. Breitbart is just as much biased garbage as the filth that is CNN and FOX.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
First Richard Dawkins, now Milo?

I am appalled by the throngs of witch hunters ready to capitalize on these moments because they do not like a person for this reason or that. I am even more surprised to see these kinds of reactions in this site for two reasons:

1. He's a VICTIM!
He was messed with as a young person causing him to rationalize the events and even place blame upon himself.

You don't think these perverts don't tell the children that it's their fault? That they like it? That they will get in trouble for saying anything and anything else that makes them question themselves? Think about how you're blaming the victim here. I'm even seeing endless responses across the web labeling him as a pedophile himself.

What is WRONG with people today that they can pull out their pitchforks against someone opening up about personal trauma? He has to TELL himself it's no big deal to cope with it. He has to TELL himself that it's partially his fault because that's what he was TOLD to feel.
Shame on those who will just turn on a molestation victim like this!

2. We have REAL and SERIOUS pedophiles in high levels of government and across this nation, across this WORLD being exposed including the likes of a former president and you don't think for a minute that this story, plastered all over the MSM could be a distraction from that?

There should be violent outrage and demands to investigate numerous individuals involved in these multi-level rings of filth. I hear reports of CPS jailing parents to take their children. 1400 girls were sexually exploited in England, I hear rumors of Saudi Arabian restaurants in Washington D.C. that have children on the menu LINK but let's attack this guy for admitting that he also was sexually exploited.

I understand the rage that comes from this heinous crime, but it needs to be directed to the people actually perpetrating the crimes. For all we know, this being displayed so prominently and portrayed with so much spin, is not only definitely a distraction from the actual issue, but could be a play to eliminate anyone with an opposing voice.

Welcome to the Rise of Salem all over again.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's sick and pathetic that people are defending him. I am a father of 2 girls near the age he says it's okay to start having sex with adults... Anybody touches them, they won't live.

If ANYBODY on the left said the exact same words Milo said, in the exact same context, the response would be: "ZOMG!!! #pizzagate confirmed!!!, derpy derp satanic pedophile!!!”

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

indeed I took a posting ban because of it !

never the less I never take milo for anything other than a guy who loves the sound of his own voice

he said he was a devout gay catholic !

I dont take anything he says seriously

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I don't think that most conservatives consider him a face for their party, nor do most even really know who he is. I think that you're giving him way too much credit.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Eh...the right has been telling us for years that the left has been, and is, trying to normalize deviant behavior like pedophilia so...you've got that backwards. So yes, this is all pretty ironic, just for the exact opposite of the reason you think.

Derpy derp indeed.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: Had to get more pizza

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There's something up and they're getting ready to reveal some very damaging evidence against some highly placed officials. Or they're going to offer up some information against lower level officials and hope that its enough to appease the masses. Either way, they're trying to muddy the water and mitigate the damage to any one particular faction since both are involved to some extent( with the Clintons and The Podestas up to their eyeballs) as well as it being systemic to the feds as a whole. I've been reading what they're continuing to dig up on Podesta( and Alefantis) and he just gets more and more sick and twisted day by day. He is going to disappear one day soon, he'll take it on the lam.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Dutchowl because: Omitted info

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
He is gay and is called homophobic by the left. He dates only black guys, they call him racist. He is Jewish but they claim he is anti-Semitic. He was a victim of child sex abuse and they claim he advocates for it. Anyone with half a brain knows that the real issue with Milo is that he is a conservative.

The problem isn't that he's a conservative. He abuses free speech to troll people. He's just a kid spewing offenses for mic time. Has absolutely nothing to do with him being a conservative. A liberal could do the same thing. But conservatives don't have much in the way of entertainers-- so they take what they can get.

Clearly he's been abused as a kid, some sh#t happened to him, and his response is to offend everyone, and to act as though he loves being hated. And yet, what he really wants is to to be loved by many for being hated by others. He's just a little confused f-up, acting out, trying to find his way.
edit on 22-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
LOL @ the histrionics in desperately explaining away Milos pro pedo comments.

Such a "misfortune" couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Gross.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

e is gay and is called homophobic by the left. He dates only black guys, they call him racist. He is Jewish but they claim he is anti-Semitic. He was a victim of child sex abuse and they claim he advocates for it. Anyone with half a brain knows that the real issue with Milo is that he is a conservative.

Really?

Can you imagine the hate and vitriol directed at him from the Conservative Right wing if he was a Lib?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

See. I still have yet to see his pro pedo comments.
all anyone has shown was his horrific way of dealing with the sexual abuse he suffered as a child at the hands of clergy.

If someone can please show me his pro pedophilic statements especially in lieu of his press conference statement.
If he is indeed a pedo then into the meat grinder with him, but so far this looks like a media driven character assassination

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

4chan leak 2/19/17: Operation Destroy Milo Begins Monday.

Evan McMullin confirms: 250k spent on opposition research on Milo.

The comments and jokes he made that supposedly endorse pedophilia (they don't) are almost 2 years old, but now it's a problem? Political witch hunt.

Did he day it? Yes? Well then he learned a valuable lesson about shutting his mouth in front of cameras now didn't he?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

The problem isn't that he's a conservative. He abuses free speech to troll people. He's just a kid spewing offenses for mic time. Has absolutely nothing to do with him being a conservative. A liberal could do the same thing. But conservatives don't have much in the way of entertainers-- so they take what they can get.

Clearly he's been abused as a kid, some sh#t happened to him, and his response is to offend everyone, and to act as though he loves being hated. And yet, what he really wants is to to be loved by many for being hated by others. He's just a little confused f-up, acting out, trying to find his way.

You and I agree completely... for once

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join