It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart News After Pedophilia Comments

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: Xenogears

Or in Milo's case defending sexual relationships with young boys....

Some say his statements is regards 17 year olds, I hear wiki says as young as 13. Would have to look at the details to see which claim is right.

That said I don't think people should be destroyed for giving controversial statements.

I mean as I said, we have to note that things like grooming are wrong, and shouldn't be allowed.

But the statement that it is not consensual sex as teenagers can't consent, begs the question what exactly is the ubiquitous consensual sex between two teenagers in love? Does a teenage boyfriend and a teenage girlfriend that sext each other, actually abusing and trafficking in CP? If they willingly get intimate, can anyone say it is nonconsensual without going through mental gymnastics?

I mean we know countless teenagers have sex with their teenage partners and they turn out perfectly fine, we also know as said it is rampant. How can you say such is nonconsensual? But if it is consensual, then they clearly can consent. IF it is mutual rape rampant with teenage couples and somehow harmless, then we get into serious problems, for example about the need for vast and rigorous intervention to stop rampant rape affecting our youth at the hand of our youth.

Again, that doesn't mean it should be legalized, as said an adult to minor relation is open to all sorts of abuse like grooming. So such relations should remain illegal. For one it involves a difference in power, just like teacher student relations boss employee relations, such are inappropriate and prone to abuse.
edit on 22-2-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

How about defending adult men having sex with 13 year old boys... complaining about the "oppressive idea of consent" and that older adult men can help young boys during that coming of age time to give them that love and guidance... and then really driving the point home by saying, "I'm grateful to Father Michael... I wouldn't give nearly such good head if it wasn't for him."

For many people that sounds like a defense of pedophilia ...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

How about defending adult men having sex with 13 year old boys... complaining about the "oppressive idea of consent" and that older adult men can help young boys during that coming of age time to give them that love and guidance... and then really driving the point home by saying, "I'm grateful to Father Michael... I wouldn't give nearly such good head if it wasn't for him."

Again, even if he did so, which could be for example victim rationalization, I do not think attacking the individual is the right thing, especially if they're a victim. You attack the message not the messenger.

Ideas are free game to attack, but not people.

I can understand certain entities distancing from him and also he himself distancing himself from some.

Society is quite full of BS, look at what happened to James Watson for giving a controversial opinion.

I believe in free speech, and free speech is not for defending politically correct speech, cough Newspeak cough, this idea that if you say anything controversial you should lose your livelihood and risk living in the streets, that is BS. I believe that a fund should be set up to help those with controversial views to find a way to cover their costs of living. You can't have a free speech where you say anything controversial and you end up homeless, where only the wealthy can speak their mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In Milo's views words don't hurt people, so no one is attacking him really. These are just harmless words...

But I think I just realized why conservatives are defending Milo... it's because all his trolling, his angst, his conservative venom may have all been seeded by a pedophile priest when he was 13. And conservatives love their religion and give a pass to priest pedophiles. Milo is essentially a product of priest sexual abuse... so, conservatives are going to support that whole mess and support any direction Milo takes with it, including his grooming rationale for having sex with young boys.

Many people would be repulsed... Conservatives however... not so much...
edit on 22-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I think its just a matter of not understanding it. Its easy to yell pedo and feel superior. Its harder to learn what this behavior really indicates. I only know because Ive been a "friend of the court".. vics advocate.. for a while now. Im on vacation now. they call it a mental health break.. LOL! I see exactly what Milo did. I explained it pages back. Those who want to learn will factor what I said in with other information before thier decision is made ( or investigate it elsewhere) , and others are knee jerkers who will feel great standing on these totally WRONG beliefs, but they believe em whole heartedly. They feel no shame victimizing the victim.

AND... its really an unpopular stance... but Ive seen it : older preteen boys and teen boys are sometimes MUUUUUCH more sexual than girls. Its interpreted in their heads a bit different. Milo was being VERY candid.. and I caught that. He said he was the predator.. and he was Im sure. He felt powerful with Fr Mike Id bet. He did not interpret that as abuse, even if it was.

I dont like the bashing of the boyman on here, even if he drives me up the wall. I EXPECT atsers to be more informed on these subjects to tell you the truth. Ive gotten pretty damned aggravated in a few threads lately with the pure willful ignorance and the compulsion to type it out for everyone to see... on a plethora of subjects. Urgh..

Hey SpiritualZombie, I used to think you were a real asshole, but now youre a great asshole I like and enjoy. I took all the pins out of your dirty dem voodoo doll and youre on my good list now.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

In Milo's views words don't hurt people, so no one is attacking him really. These are just harmless words...

But I think I just realized why conservatives are defending Milo... it's because all his trolling, his angst, his conservative venom may have all been seeded by a pedophile priest when he was 13. And conservatives love their religion and give a pass to priest pedophiles. Milo is essentially a product of priest sexual abuse... so, conservatives are going to support that whole mess and support any direction Milo takes with it, including his grooming rationale for having sex with young boys.

Many people would be repulsed... Conservatives however... not so much...

The left is no better saying there is nothing wrong with Islam. Even though there are likely millions of muslims who believe their prophet had sex with a girl under ten years of age and that such is divine exemplar behavior to be followed and perfectly legitimate. And they want them here in american soil too, irregardless of if they hold such views.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

AND... its really an unpopular stance... but Ive seen it : older preteen boys and teen boys are sometimes MUUUUUCH more sexual than girls. Its interpreted in their heads a bit different. Milo was being VERY candid.. and I caught that. He said he was the predator.. and he was Im sure. He felt powerful with Fr Mike Id bet. He did not interpret that as abuse, even if it was.

This is true, when I was in fifth grade, there was vast rampant day after day talk about sex in the free periods, and talk and questionings regards self stimulation. I had to basically find a place to be alone during recess to avoid all such talks. I'm pretty sure had I been in my 20s, 30s or beyond rather than a teen and sat around they'd have kept the same topics of interests. I'm also sure that given their nonstop obsession with such topics, if they had the chance to get it on with an attractive member, of the gender they were attracted to, they'd have been quite open to engaging if not trying to take the initiative and guide the relation towards physicality, irregardless of age.

Again should such advances occur, it would be inappropriate for an adult to reciprocate. And it should be legally prohibited. But I have no doubt that they can occur.

Given the stories of teenage girls with crushes on their teachers, it is not impossible that the same could happen with females too, taking initiative regards trying to move a relation to inappropriate places.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I once read and heard that some conservatives created links between pedophilia and homosexuality.

Of course there isn't but it is amusing to find some of those same people now defending this man due to his ideology.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Hey SpiritualZombie, I used to think you were a real asshole, but now youre a great asshole I like and enjoy. I took all the pins out of your dirty dem voodoo doll and youre on my good list now.

Haha, Advantage, that's the best compliment I've heard in a long time, so thank you! I hope to stay on your good list-- maybe give a warning before the voodoo pins return.

And for what it's worth, I think you're right that he was being very candid... and my gut says he's not a pedophile- that this is how he's handling all that... That's what I truly lean towards believing-- innocent until proven guilty. And no one thus far has accused him of anything.

But in the spirit of Milo and trolling and "words don't hurt people" I think he has some word karma and I don't mind pointing out that his candid talk sounds a lot like something a pedophile would say to a young boy. Possibly the great pedophile wisdom passed down from adult to child and from adult to child again...

And I do wonder if conservatives might appreciate that Milo actually thanks his priest for his abuse and that Milo still identifies as Catholic. It's kind of a strange endorsement for Catholicism and pedophile priests.

edit on 22-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
I once read and heard that some conservatives created links between pedophilia and homosexuality.

Of course there isn't but it is amusing to find some of those same people now defending this man due to his ideology.

I personally defend people not due to their ideology, but irregardless of their ideology. People should be free to make controversial and politically incorrect statements, statements that provoke disgust, anger, that offend, etc. Such defense is vital, it is the ultimate defense of freedom of speech, of freedom of expression, of the rights of the people. There is no issue with a politically correct statement, the true test of free speech is when you say something controversial, when you do art that borders on the obscene, it is then that the true test of freedom comes to light, and it separates those who are for freedom from the enemies of freedom, those who would want thought police

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so #ing what."-Stephen Fry

The left is known for its propedophilia stance recently, after some of their higher ups being connected with exconvicted pedophiles, and their stance on Islam, defending even those who believe the prophet of Islam had sex with a child and it was the right thing to do and a moral example.

Here's some take on this by a youtuber, including some of the left's defense or inaction regards pedophilia and even actual sexual molestation from those on their side

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If there is just a hint about defending pedophiles or being one from people on the left, some people on the right go with it.

Trump lawyers given court date over lawsuit alleging rape of 13-year-old

I don't know if it is true or not but should he not be given the same treatment if there is even a hint?

edit on 22-2-2017 by Mictain because: made my post a little clearer

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain

If there is just a hint about defending pedophiles or being one from people on the left, some people on the right go with it.

Trump lawyers given court date over lawsuit alleging rape of 13-year-old

I don't know if it is true or not but should he not be given the same treatment if there is even a hint?

I hear manufactured case that disappeared after the election, not sure if true.

Also hear that Hillary laughed about getting a sexual abuser, of a minor which I hear she thought was guilty iirc, free from jail time. Those on the left defended her as a lawyers duty to laugh about their accomplishments. Though it could be argued she's only laughing about aspects of the case, it is still inappropriate, and if I thought I'd got someone I believed was a child rapist off jail I would be regretful of such a job as a lawyer

There's also talks of her sexually abusing a female,think while being only a child, at least that is what the supposed victim publically claims, though one would have to check the story.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The victim complex is strong with Milo supporters.

How about those darn SJWs?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There is an interesting theory going around that Bannon orchestrated this as a part of a plan to go after pgate. There was a talk a few weeks ago where Milo was suppose to cover the subject and the abuse he suffered, but was told to wait.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Pretty good discussion about the Milo controversy.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian>>>> I'm reading that this Milo has made in effect a chess move where now the left is forced to take an anti pedo stance and is basically now going to have to support any and all Pizzagate investigations and the human trafficking investigations tied in with it. And this is snowballing and there are rumblings of panic now among Washington insiders and the shadow government. Trump is having a human trafficking meeting today.
The question is, will they take them all down or just offer up some to hope the masses get appeased.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

wow.

54d water polo.

i hope these sick animals are put down

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

I share dahsens attitude in that I don't care what political side you define your entire being on (lol, cause that's what people seem to do), but I think Milo is sincere... and being wrongly attacked.

I think both you and Dahsens are misinterpreting my comment. i support Milo, in the statement he even made a clear distinction between pre-pubescent and adolescent (no duh a 15 or 16 y/o can consent but a 10y/o cannot). my comment was to point out the double standard here. The "left" loves Richard Dawkins and his militant atheism, and he got away with saying damn near the same thing as Milo. Hence the "manufactured outrage" from the MSM

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Holy sh#t, Richard Dawkins thanked his priest for teaching him how to suck #### when he was 13?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ah I see, sorry to jump in like that.

Yes it seems unfair... feels like Milo is being punished for being a victim, just a smidge?

Like someone else said, it seems to be purely political. Like nobody actually cares about Milo's life experiences or abused children, they only care that he's a conservative and said some daring things on Facebook two years ago? Or that he said anything slightly offensive to the other political party? It's so inconsiderate and stifling and lacking in humor or ability to empathize. People that have had sexual abuse experiences are already muted and silenced enough as is and this whole thing just seems horrific to me... being a victim myself.

People aren't their political parties and something like sexual abuse should be uniting us and not used as a tool to strengthen the divide of the political parties. The criminals are not strictly one side or the other. Child abuse is not strictly a conservative or liberal experience. It's everywhere. Shame on anybody using it to take somebody down strictly to strengthen their own ridiculous stance in politics. Really, is this happening?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join