It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are The Center Of The Universe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpottedOwl
a reply to: projectvxn

That's because we made the observation.

No it is not, why don't you watch the vid so that you might get a clue about what is being discussed here flyboy.

Straight to name calling.

Looks like this discussion is over.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

This data says you are wrong and cosmology is in a deep crisis.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Looks like this discussion is over.

There can be no discussion if you don't have a clue about the subject matter, which you haven't.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
a reply to: TheSpottedOwl

We are special haha. We are not the centre of our solar system, no where near the centre of our galaxy.

If we were at the center of the solar system we would be burnt to a crisp by the Sun. If we were at the center of the galaxy we would be crushed by a black hole. Center of the universe, who knows? Seems unlikely, but without knowing who, what, or why the universe is, nothing can be totally ruled out. No proof of other civilizations out there yet. Never know, maybe Judaic religions are correct?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I mean really, you people think you can come in here and explain away something that has been puzzling the scientific community for years and that has been corroborated several times with new data.

Data from the Planck Telescope published in 2013 has since found stronger evidence for the anisotropy.[16] "For a long time, part of the community was hoping that this would go away, but it hasn’t," says Dominik Schwarz of the University of Bielefeld in Germany.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its a long long video, and I am watching and listening to it right now.

But I wanted to mention that there is a larger question here -- are we alone in the universe? That seems a more pertinent question than whether we are at the center of the universe (although both ideas go hand in hand, of course.)

I know that a lot of people will reject immediately the idea that earth is special because it is the ONLY planet that has intelligent life. I don't see how you can categorically reject that idea given we have SETI, explored other planets, and all we find is complete death wherever we look.

Yes, the Universe is soo big. There MUST be other worlds and other life. But if you choose certain values for the Drake equation, you can see that maybe the probability of life originating on a planet is only 1 chance in 10^50 -- something like that. Maybe life is super unlikely. Maybe it has occurred only one place, at one time.

Maybe we are the only planet with life. And amazingly that planet has INTELLIGENT life. Maybe.

And maybe we ARE the center of the universe, in more ways than one.

I don't know. (I am a little off topic here, I know but that is one long video.)

I will check back for further comments when I finish the video.

Thanks for the OP! It sounds like a remarkable concept.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Center is debatable, the fact that we are in a universe isn't.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

It is what is concluded from this data, and it has been established that this data is correct.
edit on 15-2-2017 by TheSpottedOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Much more likely a statistical error stemming from the fact that we are so insignificant that all of our sensors data is collected from here.

How strange a device built to see can look out among the stars as far as it can see in every direction and conclude that it's the center of everything it can see.
Very short sighted.

I agree.

Every observer is at the exact center of his or her observable universe.

Flawed methodology here.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpottedOwl
a reply to: ausername

It is what is concluded from this data, and it has been established that this data is correct.

I didn't see data just done edited clips of people and assumptions.

And from wikki

although several later studies have shown systematic errors in the collection of that data and the way it is processed.[7][8][9] Various studies of the CMB anisotropy data either confirm the Copernican principle.

edit on 15-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You agree. It is a nonsense armchair explanation. You really think you guys can explain this away when scientists couldn't for years and were hoping that the data was incorrect? And in 2013 it was corroborated again.

Get real.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Check the wiki page I linked in my OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

All members are allowed their opinions.

If you do not agree with those opinions, then you do not agree.

But the insults, belittling, snarky comments END NOW!

Anymore comments like that will be removed and posting rights will be suspended.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Flawed methodology here.

Again, it has nothing to do with being at the center from our perspective. The point is that the universe is alligned to the ecliptic plane. And galaxies are distributed in concentric rings with us in the middle.

Watch the vid.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Everybody is allowed an opinion but an opinion is worthless and insulting if you don't make an effort to grasp the subject you are supposedly discussing.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

although several later studies have shown systematic errors in the collection of that data and the way it is processed.[7][8][9] Various studies of the CMB anisotropy data either confirm the Copernican principle.

Why didn't you qoute the rest,

Data from the Planck Telescope published in 2013 has since found stronger evidence for the anisotropy.[16] "For a long time, part of the community was hoping that this would go away, but it hasn’t," says Dominik Schwarz of the University of Bielefeld in Germany.[

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I think you need revising here. There are millions of universes... so I'm assuming this refers and infers... that it is obviously just OUR universe. That's obvious. Of the others?? Who knows if this data is supported?

Metaphysically speaking... it can be said that singularity each one of us... is the center of our own human "universe" whereas everything radiates outward in all directions FROM us humans.

Im seeing a distinct corellated implication in relation to your presented "evidence" where your sources here are both in question: ie-user generated.

Still.. Understandable. Interesting......
MS

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No wonder there are so many self centered people on this planet.

The big bang would have formed here, god farted the universe into existence.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Let's first focus on the universe that we know exists, the one we are in, at the center of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Let me add WIKI and YouTube are no longer considered positive source material here as both are user generated where anyone can post and say anything.

ATS needs a bit more definitive data... and many here do not support the scientist pictured in your op either.
edit on 15-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join