It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Iraq, tomorrow the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ok, since there was some victory today in Iraq as far as voting and the democratic process, I would say there is no stopping George W. Bush now in his quest for world domination.

What say you?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah, it will probably put some goose in his step.

The Iraqi people voting IS a good thing. I wont deny that. But the way it was brought about with lies and deciet must be accounted for. Unfortunatly, with the elections becoming more of a success by the hour, Bush may have all the reason he needs to wage a war on EVERYONE he deems to needs Democracy.

[edit on 1/30/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ok, since there was some victory today in Iraq as far as voting and the democratic process, I would say there is no stopping George W. Bush now in his quest for world domination.

What say you?

As long as "world" domination means the extermination of all terrorist, then let him go for it. If it means making Kerry and Teddy finally shut their mouths, the go for it. If it means taking ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN completely off the airwaves forever, then go for it.

If it means giving up one single freedom, then

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Better hope you are never deemed an enemy of the state

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Better hope you are never deemed an enemy of the state

OOps, too late.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm very glad for Iraq too, but i'm afraid what door this will open..It wont be the door with the brand new living room set, thats for sure..

I dont know what to think.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes thats what the US wants to take over the world
I mean why do it after WW2 when most counties were and ruin and we were the only ones with atomic weapons.

Lets wait till every tin horn dictator has nukes and then try to take over the world brilliant.

If the US had any such intentions it would have happened after WW2 and being the only ones with Atomic weapons there would have been very little to stop them.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

If the US had any such intentions it would have happened after WW2 and being the only ones with Atomic weapons there would have been very little to stop them.

Because the US didnt have those intentions untill Bush took office.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, this government has its sights set on Iran, Syria and who knows what after that...I wouldnt call it totally ridiculous, you know what i mean?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wait a minute if Bush wants to spread democracy shouldnt he start on
the home front I dont recall the USA being a democracy.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You can call it whatever you want, my friend, but you are not being threatened by death for going to vote! Apparently, you have a problem with understanding the word democracy, huh? IMHO, I wouldn't laugh to terribly hard....

As for this topic thread, start buying your bumper stickers that say:
Fear This: Freedom and the Freedom to Vote.

Nuff' said.

seekerof

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Seekerof, Bush's satanic rituals pay off, dont they.

Here's a man who threatens the world, and what happens? He has a successful (so far) voting day in Iraq. Now, those who worship this man will feel just as you. "The war was justified. look at whats been accomplished" giving ammunition to go ahead and start the next one, and the next one. I will admit, whoever is calling the shots, (certainly not Bush) is a mastermind; that person knows this charade in Iraq today, this seemingly happy day when Iraqis went to vote will be seen by fans of Bush as quite the accomplishment- and now, these people will be more than willing to back another war, draft and whatever this government wishes to dish out. THIS IS SCARY to say the least. When do we say enough? Its time to stop Bush's horsie.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The Iraq elections will be laudid a success, even though we have these head lines:

From the Los Angeles Times

Voting ends in Iraq; attacks kill 36

www.newsalerts.com...:32074

Amid incessant death threats from insurgents, voter turnout in the Sunni stronghold of Ramadi was the poorest of any major Iraqi city despite a massive effort to assure the safety of voters by U.S. and Iraqi forces.

Turnout was light throughout the Al Anbar province, but the sparse turnout did not stop military commanders from calling the day a success.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Mr. Bush forced this election for democracy in a devastated country without having some control of that nation. He decision is going to bring some problems with the population of Iraq.

I am happy for the people that vote in Iraq, I am not very sure if exiles that are not risking their lives in Iraq, had the right to vote for a government in a nation that they will never return to live in.

Now we just need to see how the results of this election are going to bring to a divided nation as Iraq, it will be some unhappy people that will protest the results.

Perhaps some civil unrest will come from the elections and occurs, but that is part of the freedom the people of Iraqi have.

Also about the Mr. Bush taking over the world, he already has the ok by the same people that elected him again, he already has made his mind on the future to the world, now the question is, does he has a grip on reality?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
well in the west such election numbers may be deemed a success, but because of the different factions of iraqi's that is important to them : the shi'a, the sunni and the kurds what we will find is a lot of voters from the shi'a and the kurds but not the sunni, so the vote can be considered legitimate and illegitimate in some respects.

I for one think this is a great day (elections are always good wherever they are) though i don't agree with Bush's and the right's "the ends justify the means" mentality.

This is an election that will be stained in blood.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What say you?

He doesn't want the world. Don't get ahead of yourself. The big W justs wants oil-bearing countries. His daughters will want the world when they are President.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

What say you?

As long as "world" domination means the extermination of all terrorist, then let him go for it. If it means making Kerry and Teddy finally shut their mouths, the go for it. If it means taking ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN completely off the airwaves forever, then go for it.

Silencing opposing viewpoints. Wow, you contradict yourself in a big way. I hope you never become President.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Perhaps its not the US. Perhaps it is present time leaders. Don't generalize your statements because it degrades your credibility.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

as posted by dgtempe
Seekerof, Bush's satanic rituals pay off, dont they.

Implying what exactly, dgtempe.
IMHO, you wouldn't know a real Satanic ritual if you stepped in it.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Seekerof, when i step on one, i'll let you know

You know what i mean. He's got help from below.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join