It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Iraq, tomorrow the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well dgtempe,
Whatever that 'connection' or "help" may be, seems to those Iraqis that voted today, despite Zarqawi's and others threats to kill them, voted freely today, huh? No God or Devil involved.

BTW, does Zarqawi have 'connections,' "help," and 'guidance' from below?

seekerof

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seekerof, i am not so narrow minded or filled with hatred that i do not wish the Iraqis well. I do. I just dont want Bush to have open season on bringing democracy to the world, that would be suicide.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
bringing democracy to the world isnt such a bad thing
using war to do it would be a bad thing however

but theres still alot of nations that are under fascist regimes
and i mean real ones
that murder and kill their own people
torture them
just for disagree' with the leader's agenda

america doesnt suffer that
but alot of other nations do

the only way to legitimitize americas 'crusade for democracy'
is to invade SUDAN

i doubt many could logically argue agianst that

Sudan is amid a massive crisis
and they need America
but if we ignore Sudan we have NO right to invade Iran or Syria

If we do invade Sudan ; and stop the genocide-like atrocitys
than we will have more of a reasonable approach to "bringing democracy to the world"

Sudan
or bust

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
God! I hope this madness of making up reasons to invade countries' ends soon! How is less than half of a country voting for candidates they don't even know the names of until, at the best, a day before the elections, signify any type of democratic process? A few purple fingers inside "The Green Zone" still doesn't justify the deaths of innocent Iraqis and our US service men and women. Or the lies that sent them to their deaths in the first place.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The over-hype has begun. All Republican radio stations are claiming huge victory for Bush. They claim war was well worth it.
Ask the people who lost and are losing loved ones there and see what they have to say.

I've never heard so much

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't claim a big victory just because the Iraqi people voted. Perhaps a historic day but not a victory in the making. As you all know many here in the US are still not happy after Bush won the election. That was a historic day too but many would not call it a victory.

I believe I heard over 20 percent of the population that used to be in power is now out of power with the change in regime. Unemployment is 25% I heard on a tv news show. There would be riots on the streets here in the US if unemployment stayed that high for a long time. I wouldn't be claiming a victory but hoping to send our troops home. Our economy and budget hasn't been doing so hot since the war started and that's not even considering the cost in human life and suffering still occurring. I believe and or hope that Bush understands all of this. If every supporter of Osama Bin Laden is this difficult to defeat, we need to find a better way.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
orionthehunter speaks truth,

An election to write a constitution is a long way from a dependable democracy. It is one small step on a very long road.

Ethnicly cleaved Iraq is not such a good bet for a cohesive democracy or federation.

It may happen, I would estimate them at less than 50% right now.
Everyone is sort of high on the fact that there has been some kind of real democracy. The devil, though, is in the details.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Humans are a sad sad bunch.

Something good and positive happens...someone will inevitably find something bad and turn it to a negative.
How sad....

Instead of celebrating with the Iraqis we talk about Geroge Bush and his so called "world domination"?
wtf?
(btw, could someone please define "world")

I'm not at all suprised at this. Unfortunately I was foolish enough to think that we would savor this Iraqi victory for at least one day before bring our thoughts and posts are once again clouded by political bias.

People in Iraq died for this day, and if this is the first thing that pops into your mind after a great day like this.....I seriously pity you.
No human should be that pessimistic, it's very unhealthy.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

They aren't pessimistic, they are bitter.

They are bitter that their chosen leader did not win in 2000.

They are bitter that their chosen leader did not win in 2004.

They are bitter that their political enemy is doing what they said could not be done.

They are bitter that their political enemy is accomplishing something that they did not want accomplished.

Basically they are upset that Bush is succeeding.

It comes down to an even more pathetic human trait - spite.

If it were their leader they would be singing his praises, thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

They aren't pessimistic, they are bitter.

They are bitter that their chosen leader did not win in 2000.

They are bitter that their chosen leader did not win in 2004.

They are bitter that their political enemy is doing what they said could not be done.

They are bitter that their political enemy is accomplishing something that they did not want accomplished.

Basically they are upset that Bush is succeeding.

It comes down to an even more pathetic human trait - spite.

If it were their leader they would be singing his praises, thats for sure.

It is this mentality that is causing such a politicle rift in this nation. It is no wonder Dems and Reps cant gt along. The Reps think they conclusivly know how us Liberals feel and then balther thier ignorant comments all over the place. We ARE NOT bitter that our team didnt win. We ARE bitter that YOUR team is a lying team and decieved us into going to war. Get over it man. You dont know me, OR how I feel, so please stop proffesing you do. Decieving Americans for the murder of war is the most pathetic human trait. Yes, lieing for murder is worse than spite.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Republicans claim victory for something they never accomplished. The soldiers accomplished this, not these pansy *** lawyers in Washington D.C.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whatever it may be deemed The Division Bell, seems:
Iraqi Election Message to Naysayers: Checkmate!

seekerof

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So they voted great but that is not the reason we invaded, ya it would be a big victory if bush said thats why we came, but its not. So checkmate that

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
LOOK PEOPLE VOTED!!!! I guess that means that bush is the chosen one from god to rid us of ALL TERRORISM in the world. We better start putting our superman suits on

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Whatever it may be deemed The Division Bell, seems:
Iraqi Election Message to Naysayers: Checkmate!

seekerof

Really?

Al Qaeda Vows to Fight on in Iraq
Mon Jan 31, 2005 01:15 PM ET

By Luke Baker

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Al Qaeda vowed to pursue "holy war" in Iraq Monday after failing to wreck a historic election in which millions of people flocked to the polls.

Al Qaeda's affiliate in Iraq slammed the election, which was hailed around the world as a success, denouncing it as an American game.

"We in the al Qaeda Organization for Holy War in Iraq will continue the jihad until the banner of Islam flutters over Iraq," said the statement posted on an Islamist Web site.

www.newsalerts.com...:33807

OR how about:

Iraq PM Urges Unity; Warns Insurgency Not Over

By Luke Baker

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's interim prime minister urged the country's rival ethnic and religious groups to unite Monday after millions voted in a historic election, but he warned that insurgents would launch more bloody attacks.

Within hours of his speech, the Arabic television channel Al Jazeera aired a videotape purporting to show insurgents shooting down a British military transport plane that crashed in Iraq.

British officials declined comment but Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon said earlier 20 servicemen were believed to have died in the crash Sunday.

www.newsalerts.com...:33666

Checkmate? Really? Are you sure?

Edited to add second link.

[edit on 1/31/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ok, since there was some victory today in Iraq as far as voting and the democratic process, I would say there is no stopping George W. Bush now in his quest for world domination.

What say you?

I think its awesome honestly. Maybe we can make the rest of the world our slaves. Hmm.. I see 10 young persian woman in my future.. MMMmm SLAVES

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Irrational thinking seems to be common in this conversation.
US taking over the world?.....Prove to me that this is the intention!!!
Show me a reputation where we conquered countries, took over them and made them our own.
Ok now show me countries that we performed operations in that are now booming economies!!! Im sure you will find plenty of those!!!

Meanwhile coalition troups continue to die fighting for these freedoms in another country while some of you mock and degrade their efforts. Quality democracies aren't made in 1 or 2 years folks. Don't judge todays status with how the fight for freedom and democracy in IRAQ'S future will be. In 10-15 years when that country is flourishing, then we start surveying people if it was worth it or not. Maybe then we can start respecting our soldiers the way they deserve to be respected and remembered. Terrorism has been a long historic problem that many failed to take action on. And as far as SYRIA and IRAN are concerned, its not new news that they have been involved with no good. Its been like this for decades or longer people. When the US starts invading countries WITHOUT terrorist regimes, then i will start believing that it's intentions are to conquer.

US taking over the world?.....completely irrational!!!!

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Mr Carburetor]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Kidfinger says: "Really?"
I say, yes, really!

The theme and meaning of "naysayers" goes further than you have seemingly comprehended. Your angle and take on "naysayers" is in relation to continued terrorism, whether it be in Iraq or anywhere else, for which symbolically yesterday, the Iraqi people/voters gave them the finger, but back to my take on it, Kidfinger, the meaning of the word goes beyond those terrorists and insurgents that wish to continue to target and kill innocent Iraqis.

My take is that the "naysayers" represent those people who seemingly applauded and supported any and all efforts to thwart yesterday's historic event; represents those who said 'democracy' could not and would not be brought or accepted by the Iraqi people; and represents those who still believe that the Iraqi actions taken yesterday, did not send a message to terrorism. Those represented in this group of "naysayers" would be folks like you, and multiples of others on this board. Thats what "naysayers" really meant. The Iraqi people "checkmated" folks like you and terrorism yesterday. 35 people were killed yesterday in seeking to freely vote. 60% plus of eligible voters came out to vote, the same total percentage that came out for the US 2004 Presidential elections (the highest since 1968). Hey, Kidfinger? Were you threatened to be shot, your family shot, or to be blown apart when you voted in the 2004 election? And yet, the Iraqi people turned out to vote. Democracy in action there, "naysayer".

seekerof

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Taking over the World..

I would put it more like:
Allowing the world to take over itself.

Even that is too Grandiose of a statement.

Now, this whole Satan thing..
I figure that Satan would have been PLENTY happy, if Saddam had
been allowed to remain in power.
Why ruin a "good thing" (Satanically spekaing that is)?

Maybe someone can numerically, or otherwise, prove to us that a purple finger is Truly, the Mark of the beast?

Actually, the Phrase:
"Iraqi's purple finger"...6 letters in each word...hmmm...
anyone else want to try?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Kidfinger says: "Really?"
I say, yes, really!

The theme and meaning of "naysayers" goes further than you have seemingly comprehended. Your angle and take on "naysayers" is in relation to continued terrorism, whether it be in Iraq or anywhere else, for which symbolically yesterday, the Iraqi people/voters gave them the finger, but back to my take on it, Kidfinger, the meaning of the word goes beyond those terrorists and insurgents that wish to continue to target and kill innocent Iraqis.

My take is that the "naysayers" represent those people who seemingly applauded and supported any and all efforts to thwart yesterday's historic event; represents those who said 'democracy' could not and would not be brought or accepted by the Iraqi people; and represents those who still believe that the Iraqi actions taken yesterday, did not send a message to terrorism. Those represented in this group of "naysayers" would be folks like you, and multiples of others on this board. Thats what "naysayers" really meant. The Iraqi people "checkmated" folks like you and terrorism yesterday. 35 people were killed yesterday in seeking to freely vote. 60% plus of eligible voters came out to vote, the same total percentage that came out for the US 2004 Presidential elections (the highest since 1968). Hey, Kidfinger? Were you threatened to be shot, your family shot, or to be blown apart when you voted in the 2004 election? And yet, the Iraqi people turned out to vote. Democracy in action there, "naysayer".

seekerof

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Seekerof]

You have got to be kidding me. Right? "Naysayers like you" "gave the finger".........................

Man you DO live in your own little world dont you. When did I EVER say that elections in Iraq were not a good thing? When did I ever say that a free Iraq is despicable? I will go ahead and answer for you. NEVER!

Seek, you constantly put words into other peoples mouths who dont agree with you, and I have just shown one such example. Please do not ever refer to how I think, or what I think, because you obviously dont know. Or maybe you do know and you are just attempting to bait me into another argument. Either way, it shows the mentality of (some of) the supporters of Bush here on ATS. There are a few conservatives here that I have had good discussions with. Herman comes to mind, but for the most part, all I get from you and your ilk is that you know my thoughts and desires and they are all treasonous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join