It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When white males succeeding=racism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tsubaki

Who said it didn't exist?

You're the only one playing the denial game here.

You insist it exists from white to black. Fine. We all know that, but it seems to me you came here specifically to insist that this does not flow the other way.

I can tell you it does. Not only have I been with a large group of blacks who were discriminated against for being black but I was also a white teacher in a largely black school in a largely black school district, so I was also discriminated against both actively and casually for being white.

I can tell you having been on both ends, that it exists on both ends. You are the only one insisting that some of us do not actually have a problem because we have some sort of mythical privilege in society.

Read the thread I guess.

I know fully well that there are black people who would discriminate against white people if given the opportunity.

That's not what the OP is about.

The OP stated that something to the tune of white people not being able to be successful without people crying 'privilege' and racism. Bull#.

The OP proposed that white people are under attack from ???? (I don't know honestly, I keep asking for proof but everyone's dancing around it) and they are uniting to separate white people from other white people. Bull#.

Do you feel like black people or ???? are uniting to divide you? If so, can you please give me something to back your claim?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Tsubaki

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: muse7
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

There is a sentence there where you subtly suggests only non whites utilize EBT, it makes me think you're biased.

Ummm...yet the great irony is your inability to see your own innate bias...which you just displayed so wonderfully...

I get the OP's attempt...and I agree that the white privilege narrative...is being pushed by leftists...

The sad point...irrespective of safe spaces and ideology based narrative...is that the middle ground has been lost...
Polarization won...and we have only the left to blame...

The question being asked is...how do we get to some sort of shared commonality that shrugs off difference and embraces rather than assault and spit and vitriol...?

YouSir

Care to quote what I said in context to the person I was responding to? Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the English language will understand the connotation of that poster.

I could be wrong however, that poster may have just used poor word choice and sentence structure to convey his meaning.

Ummm...you attempted to speak from a position of authority...an attempt to elevate yourself above the individual you spoke to...
You did so again in your last sentence above...

This method of denigration is not inconsistent with labeling...both are used to cast aspersion...
Tactically they only serve to illustrate the users esteem projection...

Therefore...such behavior is not the purview of those that are both honest and comfortable enough with their own human nature to be truly diplomatic in the way they seek to communicate...

If one were truly seeking to bridge difference...and accomodate individuality...then speaking to the perceptual imperfection
of sentence structure and word usage...as well as being overly blind to ones own innate prejudices and bias...is certainly not the way to bring such transformation...

Perhaps if we could set all of that aside and recognize instead that each of us is uniquely imperfect...yet equally valid...then we might just reclaim that middle ground...

It is most evident that all of our unique perspectives and imperfections...make us equal...not some uplifting one above...or one group above another...for any reason...

YouSir

I simply asked you to include the full context, with that being said, the rest of your conjecture falls flat. I'm not here to bride anything, I'm here to find out how a white man in American can really feel oppressed. I really want to know. So far, I've been met with nothing but hostility and deflection.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

You are misreading the OP.

What is happening is the result of critical race theory.

If you buy into the idea that the system itself is what gives white people privilege, then you also believe that if a white person succeeds, it isn't because they did so on their own merit. It's because the system was rigged to ease the way for them.

It's a very destructive mentality all the way around.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This thread is no longer in the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Mon Feb 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Azn Dave's head.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
At what point does this madness end? If white males succeed in anything now its due to racism not hard work or talent. If its in business they say its due to white privilege, if its sports its because of the rules, if its political its because racist white people who helped. If its in schools its because of the education system in inner cities.

What is the point of this type of thought process? Because to us white people it looks like a united front to demean us and to separate us and try and subjugate us.

.... and who is doing this???

Every damn leftist / liberal are the ones doing and pushing it .

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

It's been clear for some time now that there is a serious racist movement against whites. There is no denying this. A white guy wins the election, must be racism. A team wins the Superbowl, white supremacy is to blame. A white guy gets a job, must be racist hiring practices. A white student does well in school, well, gee, the school system must be operating on racist principles. These days, walking while white can get you attacked, because it's presumed your politics don't agree with those of your attackers, and that's reason enough to beat you up. Even before the recent election madness, whites were often targeted for assault, based on nothing but skin color.

Yet, while all of this is happening, we are told we must accept that it's whites who are racist, that there is such a thing as "white privilege", that we owe the rest of the world an apology for even being born. Defend yourself, and well, that's "racist", too. It's sickening.

No one ever gave my family ANYTHING. They worked hard for all they had, some doing better than others, and never once was there a "break" given for skin color. No one offered me anything, based on my white skin. Even as a struggling single parent, for a time, I couldn't get ANY help, because, that's right, I was white! Any other ethnicity, I'd have had all sorts of aid. So anyone pushing "white privilege" can stuff that BS someplace.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

No, my comments prove the idea that white people in America are oppressed is laughable and not grounded in reality.

If white people are actually being oppressed, then who's responsible? The white owned media?

Who's responsible?

No, your comments don't prove anything but your personal opinion. You have posted no data, nothing to back your claims, and simply denying evidence provided by others isn't debunking them. All you have done here is show that you accept the clear racism against whites.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

Right there with you! We share ONE running vehicle, over ten years old, between THREE drivers, because we can't afford another one. About 25 years of military service, and the hubby still has to work hard to try and get ahead, after retiring, because he was too pale to get the "breaks" while serving, and yes, a LOT of anti-white racism in the military, too. Grown son works hard, for not enough pay, and no scholarship help for school, because he's white. Never got a break myself, nor did any member of my large extended family. I wish someone would give m the number to the White Privilege office, because they forgot about us!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
While I would love to reply that yes there does seem to be a war against white strait men, I'd rather back way up.

America is a white country. Yes we basically bamboozled the natives. No they were not perfectly peaceful citizens of Gaia..

America is white culture. We are white European culture. We are also the culture of those who have peacefully assimilated from other lands.

BUT, is the future of America guaranteed to whiteness forevermore? No
Just as we pushed out the native Americans, there may come a day when whites truly lose.
Look at, for instance, France. They are about to lose their whiteness to foreign invaders.
Mathematically. Also add a bit of modern violence.
It could happen here.
Hence Trump. Whites feel they have given all they can give, and are starting to feel ACTUALLY threatened.
Hence this OP.

So, would Jong get the job over John in China? Yeah, he probably has a better shot.
Would Pete get a harder look from a judge than Pedro in Columbia. Seems likely.

Is that okay? I think so.
Because culture, and identity, and ideology, and nationalism matter...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Let me backpeddle briefly and state that while I PERSONALLY consider particularly 'blacks' and 'mexicans' to be essential to our modern American cultural identity, and fully accept those races as such, that my argument stands on its own probably in opposition to that statement...
Maybe we are even seeing the end result of such a great experiment in nonhomogenous culture.
Is it a failure? Not so far.... hmmm
edit on 272017 by JRedBeard because: ETA Clarification.... 'American cultural identity.' ...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

When you're accustomed to victim-hood, hard work seems impossible.

edit on 7/2/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Haha, you are just mad because that was a great quote and it had a dose of truth which hit you in the deepest part of your soul. Snowflake.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Haha, you are just mad because that was a great quote and it had a dose of truth which hit you in the deepest part of your soul. Snowflake.

Who's mad? O.o

It is an impressive quote, but it can be easily countered with logic and reason, which I did before.

What's a snowflake, and why are you calling me one?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

No, you countered it with emotional reaction and vindictiveness because it struck you at your core. Don't put on masks with me. You can't fool this ancient being. Haha.
edit on 7-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

No, you countered it with emotional reaction and vindictiveness. You can't fool this ancient being. Haha.

No, in the schema within your mind you assume my response was emotive and vindictive.

And since your "snowflake" comment failed to trigger me, you are attempting to use dry humour instead, which you are also failing horribly at achieving.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Bwhaha, alright Sean Spicer. I will resign my reality to your alternative fact.

But.... we both know the 'primary' truth. *wink*

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Bwhaha, alright Sean Spicer. I will resign my reality to your alternative fact.

But.... we both know the 'primary' truth. *wink*

I will not further respond to your attempted antagonism because, unlike you, I do not want to see this thread derailed from the truths mentioned in the opening post.

Racial agitators do nothing to improve racial relations, they only make things worse. *Wink*

(post by Maroboduus removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join