It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When white males succeeding=racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I didn't dispute that blacks get more time, what I asked was, how many priors they had? It's pretty common sense that the more crimes you commit, the more time you get.

Fate Vincent Winslow is serving life without parole in the state of Louisiana for serving as a go-between in the sale of two small bags of marijuana, worth $10 in total, to an undercover police officer.63 The undercover officer had approached Winslow and asked to buy two small bags of marijuana, promising to pay him a $5 commission. Winslow, who is Black and was homeless at the time, says he accepted the offer in order to earn some money to get something to eat.64 Winslow bought two $5 bags of marijuana from a white seller in a hand-to-hand transaction witnessed by the undercover officer, then sold the marijuana to the officer. Winslow was arrested immediately, and the arresting officers found only the $5 bill on him. Police did not arrest the white seller, even though the officers found the marked bill used to make the controlled drug buy in his pocket and had witnessed him supplying the marijuana to Winslow.65

In this example, this guy had prior convictions from years ago, so you can argue thats why his sentence was so long, however, the important part to notice: The white drug dealer WAS NOT arrested.

Capital B on the black, lower case w on the white. This story is prejudiced crap. Get some new material man.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Ok, I won't attempt at this time to dispute that claim. Two things to look at though. Blacks only make up 13% of the population, of course we are going to see a disproportionate amount of whites getting jobs. Also, what about work experience and education?

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there is some serious reaching going on here.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
double post
edit on 6-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Who said it didn't happen at ALL? I'm sure that perhaps there are a handful of cases of that going on.

However, what's naive is to assume that hundreds of thousands of employees of the court system, not to mention jurors, prosecutors, judges etc are all RACIST. That is a ridiculous assumption to make based on a report somewhere that shows blacks serve longer sentences. Drug charges are the #1 reason for prisons being overcrowded, and much of those charges are repeat offences.

Actually, there are people right in this very thread saying its not happening. It is. I don't really care who believes it, as there have been two sources here that explains the how and why.

This is off topic really, the OP proposed that white people are being oppressed or discriminated against and I would like to see some studies that confirm this.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Ok, I won't attempt at this time to dispute that claim. Two things to look at though. Blacks only make up 13% of the population, of course we are going to see a disproportionate amount of whites getting jobs. Also, what about work experience and education?

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there is some serious reaching going on here.

That study did not focus on experience or anything, it was based on THE SOUND OF THE NAME. That's it.

When you discount someone based on rather the name sounds white or black, then education and experience doesn't even get to be factored in.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

I didn't dispute that blacks get more time, what I asked was, how many priors they had? It's pretty common sense that the more crimes you commit, the more time you get.

Fate Vincent Winslow is serving life without parole in the state of Louisiana for serving as a go-between in the sale of two small bags of marijuana, worth $10 in total, to an undercover police officer.63 The undercover officer had approached Winslow and asked to buy two small bags of marijuana, promising to pay him a $5 commission. Winslow, who is Black and was homeless at the time, says he accepted the offer in order to earn some money to get something to eat.64 Winslow bought two $5 bags of marijuana from a white seller in a hand-to-hand transaction witnessed by the undercover officer, then sold the marijuana to the officer. Winslow was arrested immediately, and the arresting officers found only the $5 bill on him. Police did not arrest the white seller, even though the officers found the marked bill used to make the controlled drug buy in his pocket and had witnessed him supplying the marijuana to Winslow.65

In this example, this guy had prior convictions from years ago, so you can argue thats why his sentence was so long, however, the important part to notice: The white drug dealer WAS NOT arrested.

Capital B on the black, lower case w on the white. This story is prejudiced crap. Get some new material man.

You found a typo, congrats. Or, are you projecting some feeling onto this black man who is happily married to a white woman?

I thought that was a left wing tactic?
edit on 6-2-2017 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Exactly. These liberals seem to think that a colored man with no education or experience needs to be able to get jobs as easily as a white man with, say, 20 years job experience. It's part of the strange, turned upside down world they live in.

Not to mention, as you say, the relative population sizes.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I didn't even say racist once. I'm also not saying that it's so prevalent that it needs some intervention. Bottom line is, either it happens or it doesn't and the dynamic obviously exists. To what extend is hard to know for sure. From what I can remember it was very prevalent in a lot of southern states where racism is still alive. I remember some cases young males would get life sentences compared to a white male getting few months and probation.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: winterwind93

Exactly. These liberals seem to think that a colored man with no education or experience needs to be able to get jobs as easily as a white man with, say, 20 years job experience. It's part of the strange, turned upside down world they live in.

Not to mention, as you say, the relative population sizes.

Because 'colored' men can't have education or 20 years of experience?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

What is the point of this type of thought process? Because to us white people it looks like a united front to demean us and to separate us and try and subjugate us.

With modern scientific techniques, any white person can find out for himself what this is all about by a simple experiment.

Go to an fx studio, and get them to transform your appearance, like they do for the movies, to change your self into a minority looking person, of any minority you choose.

Then, just go about your life, living as your new identity, and see what happens.

Do all the things you would normally do. Drive a car, get pulled over by the cops. Go rent an apartment. Try to get a mortgage to buy a home. Go to an exclusive jewelry store to buy some appendages. Try to sign up in a high end golf club. Apply to colleges and universities. Go to the discos and try to find a partner. etc..all the things that involve other people making judgements about you, without knowing you as a person, but just seeing you for the first time.

Then, you'll be able to compare notes, before and after, to see if there are any differences in a person's life experience that would justify the claim of "white privilege".

You know the saying, "We only really realize what we had, when it's taken away from us."

So much in life is taken for granted, that it is virtually impossible for anybody to understand things they never experienced themselves.

edit on 6-2-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Bwahahaha, oppressed whites. Thanks brother, I needed that today.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

With things like affirmative action in place, I'm pretty sure Jamal would get the job. Soley due to his skin color, but somehow that isn't racist.

Note: There are already discrimination laws that exist for employers, affirmative action is just government forced racism.

As far as who would get shot, that depends, is it in a place like Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere like, say... Colorado Springs?

The "white man is the boogey man who oppresses minorities" narrative has been a complete pile of nonsense for a long time now. But the media and schools, universities and Hollywood etc just want to keep spouting the BS.

Welcome to the indoctrination and brainwashing from the elite left conglomerates.

Edit after your edit: there already has been multiple studies and research that back up the notion black males get more severe punishment for same crimes as white males.

Do these studies take into account that 6% of the country commits almost half of all violent crime?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Of course they can. But are you saying that colored men should be equally as likely to get a job than whites? That would, in fact, mean that businesses would be discriminating against white people.

Now, let me explain what I mean. If there are 200 white people in a community and 50 coloreds, even if you assume they all have equal education and job experience etc a member of the group of 200 is more likely to get a job than a member of the group of 50. This is just simple math.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: muse7
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

There is a sentence there where you subtly suggests only non whites utilize EBT, it makes me think you're biased.

Ummm...yet the great irony is your inability to see your own innate bias...which you just displayed so wonderfully...

I get the OP's attempt...and I agree that the white privilege narrative...is being pushed by leftists...

The sad point...irrespective of safe spaces and ideology based narrative...is that the middle ground has been lost...
Polarization won...and we have only the left to blame...

The question being asked is...how do we get to some sort of shared commonality that shrugs off difference and embraces rather than assault and spit and vitriol...?

YouSir

Care to quote what I said in context to the person I was responding to? Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the English language will understand the connotation of that poster.

I could be wrong however, that poster may have just used poor word choice and sentence structure to convey his meaning.

Ummm...you attempted to speak from a position of authority...an attempt to elevate yourself above the individual you spoke to...
You did so again in your last sentence above...

This method of denigration is not inconsistent with labeling...both are used to cast aspersion...
Tactically they only serve to illustrate the users esteem projection...

Therefore...such behavior is not the purview of those that are both honest and comfortable enough with their own human nature to be truly diplomatic in the way they seek to communicate...

If one were truly seeking to bridge difference...and accomodate individuality...then speaking to the perceptual imperfection
of sentence structure and word usage...as well as being overly blind to ones own innate prejudices and bias...is certainly not the way to bring such transformation...

Perhaps if we could set all of that aside and recognize instead that each of us is uniquely imperfect...yet equally valid...then we might just reclaim that middle ground...

It is most evident that all of our unique perspectives and imperfections...make us equal...not some uplifting one above...or one group above another...for any reason...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

With things like affirmative action in place, I'm pretty sure Jamal would get the job. Soley due to his skin color, but somehow that isn't racist.

Note: There are already discrimination laws that exist for employers, affirmative action is just government forced racism.

As far as who would get shot, that depends, is it in a place like Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere like, say... Colorado Springs?

The "white man is the boogey man who oppresses minorities" narrative has been a complete pile of nonsense for a long time now. But the media and schools, universities and Hollywood etc just want to keep spouting the BS.

Welcome to the indoctrination and brainwashing from the elite left conglomerates.

Edit after your edit: there already has been multiple studies and research that back up the notion black males get more severe punishment for same crimes as white males.

Do these studies take into account that 6% of the country commits almost half of all violent crime?

Wether true or not, it has little relevance to the point im making. You cannot argue with me that this dynamic does not exist plus there have been many first time offenders.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: winterwind93

Of course they can. But are you saying that colored men should be equally as likely to get a job than whites? That would, in fact, mean that businesses would be discriminating against white people.

Now, let me explain what I mean. If there are 200 white people in a community and 50 coloreds, even if you assume they all have equal education and job experience etc a member of the group of 200 is more likely to get a job than a member of the group of 50. This is just simple math.

Probability has nothing to do with the discussion, I'm not sure I'm following you.

Yes, in a community of 250 people, 50 black and 200 white - if employment were non discriminatory then blacks should comprise 20% of the workforce.

If there is one particular opening where there are 250 applicants, then, assuming no discrimination, there is a 20 percent chance that the person hired will be black.

That's not the issue I've been discussing here. The issue would present itself when whoever is reviewing resumes discards 20 of the total 50 blacks resumes because the name 'sounds black'.

That meets the legal definition of discrimination.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Liberal: Racism exists.

Conservative: Your argument is stupid. So you're saying White people should be slaves now? You're saying you should be justified to just say anything in the name of racism, like I'm a RACIST????????????????????? With no proof??????

Liberal: No I wasn't trying to say that at..-

Conservative: SO YOU'RE SAYING YOU'RE SUPERIOR TO ME? YOU'RE SAYING I'VE NEVER WORKED FOR ANYTHING AND I'VE NEVER HAD TO? YOU'RE SAYING IT'S MEEEE THAT HAS DONE THESE THINGS TO YOU? DO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I THOUGHT U WERE POSSIBLY TALKING ABOUT ME? YOU THINK U CAN JUST SAY WHATEVER U WANT 2 ME U SJW GOLD STAR SNOWFLAKE?

Liberal: Jesus, no, nevermind. I just wanted to have a serious conversation.

edit on 6-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
At what point does this madness end? If white males succeed in anything now its due to racism not hard work or talent. If its in business they say its due to white privilege, if its sports its because of the rules, if its political its because racist white people who helped. If its in schools its because of the education system in inner cities.

What is the point of this type of thought process? Because to us white people it looks like a united front to demean us and to separate us and try and subjugate us.

Can I bottle those tears? I'm sure they'd fetch a nice bit of coin on ebay.

Not necessarily. If the buyer is white, then you have to give them the white privilege discount. Then you're barely breaking even.

link   

Who said it didn't exist?

You're the only one playing the denial game here.

You insist it exists from white to black. Fine. We all know that, but it seems to me you came here specifically to insist that this does not flow the other way.

I can tell you it does. Not only have I been with a large group of blacks who were discriminated against for being black but I was also a white teacher in a largely black school in a largely black school district, so I was also discriminated against both actively and casually for being white.

I can tell you having been on both ends, that it exists on both ends. You are the only one insisting that some of us do not actually have a problem because we have some sort of mythical privilege in society.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What does this have to do with anything? There's always someone to bring this up, and whats the point? Are you saying that anything that happens is justified because of this?

And 6% of the country does not commit half the violent crime, that 6% is just CONVICTED more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join