It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When white males succeeding=racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

So, you want to tear down the whole system because there are individuals who abuse it? You said yourself, there are plenty of people who bring the hate from all sides.

A system is only as good as the people in it and if I can get someone who hates my skin color and so can you, then that doesn't mean the system itself is bad, only the people in it.

Changing the system won't change the reality that people will have to run it, and bad people seems to be your beef.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
At what point does this madness end? If white males succeed in anything now its due to racism not hard work or talent. If its in business they say its due to white privilege, if its sports its because of the rules, if its political its because racist white people who helped. If its in schools its because of the education system in inner cities.

What is the point of this type of thought process? Because to us white people it looks like a united front to demean us and to separate us and try and subjugate us.

I think you're over reacting. I'm white and don't have a problem anything?

I succeed because I work hard and do certain things, like read more that most normal people etc.

But I can still acknowledge that I have an advantage (Depending on the specific circumstances, it could be big or small)...I have an advantage over most minorities, at least here in the states. I have an advantage over most people that graduated from inner city schools. There is such a thing as white privilege ( I know that's debatable and maybe there needs to be another term used...like white/male/christian advantage or something) in certain areas and professions and schools. But despite all that my success is my own.

The really problem with your post though, is that you think some minority groups are trying to keep you down.

No one is trying to demean, subjugate or keep you down. And further, even if they are trying only you can keep you down. Don't fall for it. There is no conspiracy...there is no one trying to keep white people down. If you're not successful, it's because you're not working hard enough and you're not doing things that successful people do.
edit on 6-2-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So, you want to tear down the whole system because there are individuals who abuse it? You said yourself, there are plenty of people who bring the hate from all sides.

A system is only as good as the people in it and if I can get someone who hates my skin color and so can you, then that doesn't mean the system itself is bad, only the people in it.

Changing the system won't change the reality that people will have to run it, and bad people seems to be your beef.

No, I don't want to 'tear down the system' however you can't start to address the issue if people pretend it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

A man once said ‘When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice’

Not sure who it was though...I feel like it was someone they call racist....a President I think...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

At what point does this madness end? If white males succeed in anything now its due to racism not hard work or talent. If its in business they say its due to white privilege, if its sports its because of the rules, if its political its because racist white people who helped. If its in schools its because of the education system in inner cities.

What is the point of this type of thought process? Because to us white people it looks like a united front to demean us and to separate us and try and subjugate us.

.... and who is doing this???

It is called Critical Race Theory. It is a widely accepted academic thing in the studies departments.

It is the idea that since the system we live under was laregely cobbled together by white men it is somehow inherently discriminatory to anyone not white.

However, I fail to see how a law that says you shouldn't murder someone discriminates if it was written by a person of one race as opposed to another. If a black man wrote a law that says murder is wrong, and I as a white woman murder someone, is it the law's fault? Does that law someone discriminate against me because of my skin color more than it would against a black woman who commits murder?

No.

Murder is murder. The law is the law. If there are more of one race committing crimes than another race, the answer is not in the law but in the society's culture, so we should ask what it is about the culture of that race that leadds them to commit murder more than other racial groups. But we don't say that a law outlawing an action is discriminating when one race commits the action instead of another.

So what explains the discrepancy of sentence time when the crime is the same?

What explains the discrepancy between equally qualified blacks and whites regarding getting approved for home loans?

Yes, a law is a law - but judges ultimately determine the outcome of federal cases. If your judge hates whites, blacks, whatever then your judge can literally let you off from murder, despite the law (remember when the white kid got drunk and killed 4 people?).

I'm sorry that there are white people that feel 'oppressed' in America, but that idea is absurd.

Your not sorry about anything? Your comments prove you could give a F--k less about how white people feel.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No, I don't want to 'tear down the system' however you can't start to address the issue if people pretend it doesn't exist. [/quote

Hello hypocrisy

Wow just wow
edit on 6-2-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

.... and who is doing this???

It is called Critical Race Theory. It is a widely accepted academic thing in the studies departments.

It is the idea that since the system we live under was laregely cobbled together by white men it is somehow inherently discriminatory to anyone not white.

However, I fail to see how a law that says you shouldn't murder someone discriminates if it was written by a person of one race as opposed to another. If a black man wrote a law that says murder is wrong, and I as a white woman murder someone, is it the law's fault? Does that law someone discriminate against me because of my skin color more than it would against a black woman who commits murder?

No.

Murder is murder. The law is the law. If there are more of one race committing crimes than another race, the answer is not in the law but in the society's culture, so we should ask what it is about the culture of that race that leadds them to commit murder more than other racial groups. But we don't say that a law outlawing an action is discriminating when one race commits the action instead of another.

So what explains the discrepancy of sentence time when the crime is the same?

What explains the discrepancy between equally qualified blacks and whites regarding getting approved for home loans?

Yes, a law is a law - but judges ultimately determine the outcome of federal cases. If your judge hates whites, blacks, whatever then your judge can literally let you off from murder, despite the law (remember when the white kid got drunk and killed 4 people?).

I'm sorry that there are white people that feel 'oppressed' in America, but that idea is absurd.

Your not sorry about anything? Your comments prove you could give a F--k less about how white people feel.

No, my comments prove the idea that white people in America are oppressed is laughable and not grounded in reality.

If white people are actually being oppressed, then who's responsible? The white owned media?

Who's responsible?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

A man once said ‘When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice’

Not sure who it was though...I feel like it was someone they call racist....a President I think...

On now that was just his Orange Privilege speaking.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't see hypocrisy anywhere. Care to share? Are you saying that I'm a hypocrite because I don't believe white people in America are oppressed?

I don't, its a laughable idea.

Can you show me objective examples?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Is this thread for real? Who is doing what to white males? Please enlighten me. If you cant provide facts grow the hell up and quit your crying. Crazy part is, is the ones that you feel is demeaning and trying to separate you are also white. So again I ask you and anyone else who agree with you. What the hell are you talking about? Dont respond with your feelings respond with some facts.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

That certainly explains the feminists and special interest groups portrayal of self responsibility as "oppression."

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't see hypocrisy anywhere. Care to share? Are you saying that I'm a hypocrite because I don't believe white people in America are oppressed?

Lol you just figure on that you got checkmated? This is what I'm talking about people they dont even understand when they are being hypocrites.

You said you dont believe in white people being oppressed. Laugh at people who feel that way then turn around and say

No, I don't want to 'tear down the system' however you can't start to address the issue if people pretend it doesn't exist.

Ooooo guess that only makes sense to people with brains in their heads

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm not really familiar with your narrative, I haven't seen or heard that rhetoric. Maybe only from a small minority, but this isn't common collective thoughts of the average person.

When I hear "white privilege" to me it has nothing to do with how hard you work or how much you earn but rather how society treats whites vs minorities.

2 identical resumes. One person is Jamal and the other Jake, more often than not who will get the call?

2 identical crimes. One person is Jamal and the other Jake, who do you think will serve more time?

These are 2 very vague examples but you get the point. Never have I thought white people succeeding were due to white privilege and I doubt many people do...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Lol you just figure on that you got checkmated? This is what I'm talking about people they dont even understand when they are being hypocrites.

You said you dont believe in white people being oppressed. Laugh at people who feel that way then turn around and say

You seem to have missed the last part, let me reword that for you:

Care to show me objective sources that would verify that white people are oppressed in America? I maintain my position that its utter insanity. I don't believe it exists. Show me proof and I'm open to change my mind. Just prove it. Show me. Sources.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

There is a sentence there where you subtly suggests only non whites utilize EBT, it makes me think you're biased.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

At what point does this madness end?

It will end when the individual is strengthened. When individual accountability is again realized. This current victim mentality by the masses is a disorder.

Some would rather invent false realities based on a single encounter with a single person and then make their mind up on whole populations...this is exactly how racism began in the first place. History is repeating itself, it's just inverse.

It will end when people like Soros, divisive people in powerful positions and outlets who misinform their audiences on a massive scale are held accountable. I could go on and on about accountability, and how our dear leaders are not leaders at all, and how certain powerful people don't want to see harmony but if you believe anything - one must know it starts with the man/woman in the mirror.

Honest conversations are impossible these days.

In the end... a concrete answer to your question... the madness will NEVER end.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The new meme coming from the left is to use the term Nazi and/or White Supremacist and/or White Privilege every chance they get. Their instructions are to "say it often, and say it loudly".

The more you repeat something, the more likely it is that the weaker minded will believe it and accept it. Therefore, it is being spouted all over the place from academic circles to news reporting.

Someone gets on TV or writes some op-ed piece in one of the major media rags and spouts it in every other paragraph surrounded by flowery words masquerading as intellectual thought.

Don't buy into it! It's a bunch of hyped bs.

They belittle you and shame you so that some other group that "feels" victimized can throw out their hate spittle thinking they have some kind of righteous obligation to do so.

It's getting outrageous. The white males in my circle of family and friends are mostly successful men, but I can't name a single one of them that didn't work for it and/or sacrifice something for it.

edit on 6-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You seem to have missed the last part, let me reword that for you:

Care to show me objective sources that would verify that white people are oppressed in America? I maintain my position that its utter insanity. I don't believe it exists. Show me proof and I'm open to change my mind. Just prove it. Show me. Sources.

Reword what? This isnt the definition of racism you cant just reword it to fit what you want it too.

Your argument is stupid first off its like saying black people had not been oppressed because the black people who sold them into slavery come from a black society or had not been oppressed while slaves in africa. I mean how could a nation of all black people oppress black people.
edit on 6-2-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The new meme coming from the left is to use the term Nazi and/or White Supremacist and/or White Privilege every chance they get. Their instructions are to "say it often, and say it loudly".

That's because they read Goebbels.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” ― Joseph Goebbel

More JG.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join