It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When white males succeeding=racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

With things like affirmative action in place, I'm pretty sure Jamal would get the job. Soley due to his skin color, but somehow that isn't racist.

Note: There are already discrimination laws that exist for employers, affirmative action is just government forced racism.

As far as who would get shot, (ok, I added this one) that depends, is it in a place like Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere like, say... Colorado Springs?

Who would serve more time? Well, who committed more crimes, any priors?

The "white man is the boogey man who oppresses minorities" narrative has been a complete pile of nonsense for a long time now. But the media and schools, universities and Hollywood etc just want to keep spouting the BS.
edit on 6-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: muse7
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

There is a sentence there where you subtly suggests only non whites utilize EBT, it makes me think you're biased.

Ummm...yet the great irony is your inability to see your own innate bias...which you just displayed so wonderfully...

I get the OP's attempt...and I agree that the white privilege narrative...is being pushed by leftists...

The sad point...irrespective of safe spaces and ideology based narrative...is that the middle ground has been lost...
Polarization won...and we have only the left to blame...

The question being asked is...how do we get to some sort of shared commonality that shrugs off difference and embraces...rather than assault and spit and vitriol...?

YouSir
edit on 6-2-2017 by YouSir because: of a missing ellipse...

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

a reply to: digital01anarchy

I don't see hypocrisy anywhere. Care to share? Are you saying that I'm a hypocrite because I don't believe white people in America are oppressed?

I don't, its a laughable idea.

Can you show me objective examples?

Lol you just figure on that you got checkmated? This is what I'm talking about people they dont even understand when they are being hypocrites.

You said you dont believe in white people being oppressed. Laugh at people who feel that way then turn around and say

No, I don't want to 'tear down the system' however you can't start to address the issue if people pretend it doesn't exist.

Ooooo guess that only makes sense to people with brains in their heads

You seem to have missed the last part, let me reword that for you:

Care to show me objective sources that would verify that white people are oppressed in America? I maintain my position that its utter insanity. I don't believe it exists. Show me proof and I'm open to change my mind. Just prove it. Show me. Sources.

Reword what? This isnt the definition of racism you cant just reword it to fit what you want it too.

Your argument is stupid first off its like saying black people had not been oppressed because the black people who sold them into slavery come from a black society or had not been oppressed while slaves in africa. I mean how could a nation of all black people oppress black people.

You're typing a lot but you're not addressing anything I'm asking you.

English is the only language I know, I can't really type this in another language, so I am going to ask you again:

Can you provide evidence of your claim that white people are oppressed in America?

You seem to be doing your damnedest to avoid this part.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: JAY1980

In 36 years of life I have still yet to see this "privilege" you all constantly speak of...
My 16 year old truck and my living paycheck to paycheck lifestyle just oozes white privilege.
When you see someone use an EBT card to buy groceries then hop into a new land rover it makes you wonder where the privilege resides...

I get a sense from people that because I'm a white CIS male that I should expect to be treated less than others. Not discrimination per-say just a complete and utter lack of basic respect.

There is a sentence there where you subtly suggests only non whites utilize EBT, it makes me think you're biased.

Ummm...yet the great irony is your inability to see your own innate bias...which you just displayed so wonderfully...

I get the OP's attempt...and I agree that the white privilege narrative...is being pushed by leftists...

The sad point...irrespective of safe spaces and ideology based narrative...is that the middle ground has been lost...
Polarization won...and we have only the left to blame...

The question being asked is...how do we get to some sort of shared commonality that shrugs off difference and embraces rather than assault and spit and vitriol...?

YouSir

Care to quote what I said in context to the person I was responding to? Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the English language will understand the connotation of that poster.

I could be wrong however, that poster may have just used poor word choice and sentence structure to convey his meaning.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

With things like affirmative action in place, I'm pretty sure Jamal would get the job. Soley due to his skin color, but somehow that isn't racist.

Note: There are already discrimination laws that exist for employers, affirmative action is just government forced racism.

As far as who would get shot, that depends, is it in a place like Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere like, say... Colorado Springs?

The "white man is the boogey man who oppresses minorities" narrative has been a complete pile of nonsense for a long time now. But the media and schools, universities and Hollywood etc just want to keep spouting the BS.

Welcome to the indoctrination and brainwashing from the elite left conglomerates.

Edit after your edit: there already has been multiple studies and research that back up the notion black males get more severe punishment for same crimes as white males.
edit on 6-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As far as who would get shot, that depends, is it in a place like Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere like, say... Colorado Springs?

I think you are probably right.

White males have been allowing this kind of treatment for a while now. I think they weren't quite sure if maybe all this male white privilege rhetoric was true or not. It took them some time to think about it and attempt to get it figured out.

Poor things! With women telling them to get in touch with their feminine side, commercials and TV sitcoms demeaning them and portraying them like cavemen buffoons, the average white male has been attacked in a weird kind of psychological manipulation, imo. (Not all...)

They have thought about it. Not only have they thought about it, they have observed their own personal experiences of actual reverse discrimination. Most of them that gained a good amount of success, KNOW they got there by working for it, managing it, and building on it.

Enough already!

edit on 6-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Nope, its not very fair at all. Its also not very fair to assume that Jamal isn't qualified just because of his name. People did and as a result, AA. Guess what? Even with AA it still happens!

Here you go: ARE EMILY AND GREG MORE EMPLOYABLE THAN LAKISHA AND JAMAL? A FIELD EXPERIMENT ON LABOR MARKET DISCRIMINATION

Feel free to ignore it because it clashes with your world views, its a normal reaction.

As far as who would get shot, (ok, I added this one) that depends, is it in a place like Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere like, say... Colorado Springs?

Are you suggesting blacks get convicted more and serve more time because priors? That would be false:

Here is something else that you can feel free to ignore:

Racial Disparities in Sentencing

Ok.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I didn't dispute that blacks get more time, what I asked was, how many priors they had? It's pretty common sense that the more crimes you commit, the more time you get.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Summarize the book you linked, I'm not reading a book right now.

As for your ACLU link, lol you can keep that one.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Your asking me a question that can't be answered? We aren't specifically speaking on a case. There have been many first time offender's that get the same treatment.. this has all been researched..

I'm not saying this happens all the time but you'd have to be really naive to think it doesn't happen at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I just figured the people spouting this were angry, bitter, and jealous.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What is the point of this type of thought process? .

Come on. You know. It's the same thought process Hitler had. It's the same thought process of the KKK or any other racial hate group. All they've done is to make racism academic and convinced people that their hatred is justified. It's going to get much worse unless we put a stop to it now.

How do we put a stop to it? They changed the definition of racism to suit them. Logic hasn't worked with these people who will do mental backflips to try and explain their reasoning. How do we fix this? We tried giving in to their demands which only emboldened them.

Trump won because like the majority of patriotic America, he knows you don't give beggars an inch without expecting them to try to take a mile.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Tsubaki

Summarize the book you linked, I'm not reading a book right now.

As for your ACLU link, lol you can keep that one.

White applicants are 48 percent more likely than African American applicants to receive a callback in Chicago and 52 percent more likely in Boston.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is an example of the anti-white agenda sweeping america. They want to make a country where every company needs a quota of black and mexicans to be hired, and where they don't need to work hard, they just need to be born with colored skin and they get free handouts.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Who said it didn't happen at ALL? I'm sure that perhaps there are a handful of cases of that going on.

However, what's naive is to assume that hundreds of thousands of employees of the court system, not to mention jurors, prosecutors, judges etc are all RACIST. That is a ridiculous assumption to make based on a report somewhere that shows blacks serve longer sentences. Drug charges are the #1 reason for prisons being overcrowded, and much of those charges are repeat offences.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Are you suggesting blacks get convicted more and serve more time because priors? That would be false:

Oh please... If a 25 year old white guy was busted for a bag of weed after he was pulled over for speeding, and a 25 year old black guy was busted for a bag of weed the same size, after he was pulled over for speeding, they would get the same exact sentence. The only reason one may serve a longer time than the other is because one was bailed out before the other.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I didn't dispute that blacks get more time, what I asked was, how many priors they had? It's pretty common sense that the more crimes you commit, the more time you get.

Fate Vincent Winslow is serving life without parole in the state of Louisiana for serving as a go-between in the sale of two small bags of marijuana, worth $10 in total, to an undercover police officer.63 The undercover officer had approached Winslow and asked to buy two small bags of marijuana, promising to pay him a $5 commission. Winslow, who is Black and was homeless at the time, says he accepted the offer in order to earn some money to get something to eat.64 Winslow bought two $5 bags of marijuana from a white seller in a hand-to-hand transaction witnessed by the undercover officer, then sold the marijuana to the officer. Winslow was arrested immediately, and the arresting officers found only the $5 bill on him. Police did not arrest the white seller, even though the officers found the marked bill used to make the controlled drug buy in his pocket and had witnessed him supplying the marijuana to Winslow.65

In this example, this guy had prior convictions from years ago, so you can argue thats why his sentence was so long, however, the important part to notice: The white drug dealer WAS NOT arrested.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Oh please... If a 25 year old white guy was busted for a bag of weed after he was pulled over for speeding, and a 25 year old black guy was busted for a bag of weed the same size, after he was pulled over for speeding, they would get the same exact sentence. The only reason one may serve a longer time than the other is because one was bailed out before the other.

I'd take the sourced article claims over yours any day of the week, unless you have something to cite that disproves it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join