It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Australia has a HUGE Ace card to play though if Trump wants to get dirty with us.

We'll just threaten to take back Pine Gap. Watch them squirm and panic when that happens, Trump will do a complete about-face.

Remember, he doesn't have any intelligence briefings. I doubt he knows what Pine Gap is (though to be fair, I didn't either. Had to go look it up.) Taking over Pine Gap would move Australia to play an even greater part on the world stage.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
You don't get to renege on a pre-existing deal in such a short bus mentality manner. That's called renegotiation, not sh#ing all over an ally because you think it's coo', brah. If you did it as one company to another, you'd screw yourself into a corner & damage your credibility & desirability.

I don't think there's any mention in Trump's playbook of "compromise." That's a dangerous stance to take (and historically was a very dangerous stance) because those who can compromise enough to form alliances often gang up against the hard-liner who won't compromise.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

You mean the white chrisitans right?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No one is being asked to take in boarders. Don't be so dramatic. There's no room in your country? City or town? Neighborhood? The USA is a big big place. Go up in a plane if you doubt the amount of space we have.

What is the real issue? Religion?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

Source: Washington post

stopped reading there.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Australia has a HUGE Ace card to play though if Trump wants to get dirty with us.

We'll just threaten to take back Pine Gap. Watch them squirm and panic when that happens, Trump will do a complete about-face.

Remember, he doesn't have any intelligence briefings. I doubt he knows what Pine Gap is (though to be fair, I didn't either. Had to go look it up.) Taking over Pine Gap would move Australia to play an even greater part on the world stage.

Australia would wear quite a few mushroom clouds if we took over that facility its critical to US security

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

How did refugees in Australia suddenly become illegal aliens?

If we bring them here they are aliens. Not illegal.

Now ... who are you calling dumbass?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Remember, he doesn't have any intelligence briefings.

Trump get daily intel briefings since taking office.

He didn't while he was President Elect.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How did refugees in Australia suddenly become illegal aliens?

If we bring them here they are aliens. Not illegal.

Now ... who are you calling dumbass?

Have they been vetted by U.S. Agencies ?

I bet NO

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

So American culture is ????

We are a country that has thrived and flourished on diversity. There is no American culture because there is no one kind of American. Gosh I got new traditions just marrying a man from a different American background from me. He got new ones from me. And others we adopted from friends.
Our technology our engineering our food our music is a mix of all the wonderful diverse nations around the globe who were willing to take a chance on our little democracy. We are the world because we've welcomed everyone. It's not perfect but it's not bad either.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'd rather our leaders BE REAL with other world leaders instead of snip kissing and fake platitudes.

Apparently diplomacy to some means faking it. Be who you are and let the chips fall where they may.

That is how people build respect with one another.

This is the worst excuse for bad manners ever. Like the oldskool board room execs who still think shouting and banging their fists on the table is an acceptable or productive way to act. When in actuality they just look ridiculous and annoy everyone.

Petulance and bullying breed hatred and fear, not admiration and respect.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Frankly the Aussies should be thanking us...They are going to make a killing after Trump backed out of the TPP...Their farmers and ranchers have been celebrating. Trump gave them our market share.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Australia would wear quite a few mushroom clouds if we took over that facility its critical to US security

It would indeed, however I suspect a decapitation strike by a team of 12 SAS soldiers would easily take out trump and his entire cabinet in retaliation.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Why is australia not being burnt to the ground

? Because we are too far away from SJW's and California? We do great BBQ's though....

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We are at a tipping point in terms of who we now follow on the world stage. For the most part, we have always sided with the US and most of their respective international policies.
However, since the Kevin Rudd years, we have been letting China have more and more influence in our decisions on the world stage. Now, China is buying up huge amounts of real estate in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane as well as land that houses vital resources such as farms and cattle.
My point is, the Australian government is currently at a crossroads, do they want to continue supporting America or embrace the new kids on the block?
I do not always agree with the policies of the US that we are expected to follow but this future sure is uncertain.
edit on 2/2/2017 by AboveDogSecret because: Typo

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Hey, you can always move here to escape the BS going on in America. There is a reason so many of your students study here.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Not to mention Prime Minister Holt went missing presumed drowned when he started questioning why Aust Politicians were prevented from stepping foot in Pine Gap. That minor pesky detail called Sovereignty

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Not to mention Prime Minister Holt went missing presumed drowned when he started questioning why Aust Politicians were prevented from stepping foot in Pine Gap. That minor pesky detail called Sovereignty

All our leaders are vetted by the US Ambassador, we are, as well documented by journalist John Pilger, a CIA vassal state,if they dont like you they get rid of you like they did Gough Whitlam,it was surprising Turnbull didn't back down and Ill also be surprised if he is the leader in a years time.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You had a Prime Minister simply go missing?
Wow.
Maybe a shark got him.
Swimming with the fishies
edit on 2-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You can bet your last dollar that Turnbull will have some leak about an unsavory deal or transaction he did 20 years ago, you don't upset a US president and not have fallout. The USA is the "Don" and if you don't bow down you get hailed on !

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join