It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

this part of OP;

"This is the worst deal ever," Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center

Nope.... that was not the worst deal ever...

Obama said YES to the UN hand picked Muslims that needed relocated... all 10,000 of them vetted by the UN

like the UN itself dictating to Barry Obama that the USA will relocate 10,000 Muslims into Sanctuary cities before the end of 2016. the UN wanted that 'special case' all packaged and tied-up before 2017 when the newly elected POTUS took office...

ain't that sumpthing... the UN was boss of potus #44.... lets identify the 10,000 Muslim refugees & see how they are fare-ing with life outside a Sharia State... leave them Anomyous no-doubt... but give the citizens of the Host nation a profile of these 'special Muslims selected by UN'

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's rather amazing to me that people are surprised that Trump is exactly the same man he was in the campaigns. Whatever you think of the way he's doing things, this is what he said he would do.

I guess Americans are used to candidates who lie about what they will and won't do. Not saying Trump hasn't lied at all. Just that he doesn't seem to have made as many empty promises as most. Whether you like that or not, this is what he got elected to do. I can't help but give him some credit for at least just being blunt maybe it wouldn't be such a surprise if Obama hadn't been such a lying coward who didn't show his ugly side until there was nothing we could do about it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You make a good point, most US citizens are actually descended from a wide variety of background's but I believe you miss the point, I agree by the way with those that have pointed out the simple fact Saudi Arabia should most definitely have been on that list as well so it is hypocritical but when all is said and done as a matter of principle it is at least making a point and remember these are NOT permanent action's they are emergency measures until a better solution is arrived at.

Now let's have a look at why, modern Islamic radicalism, Yes it is unfair to target entire nation's of people simply because they share the basic belief system that gives rise to this Islamic radicalism but remember history, Europe was at constant war with the Islamic world for over a thousand years, Islam aggressively expanded into Europe and was driven back but not completely several time's, *Iberia was invaded and conquered by the Islamic army's whom toppled the semi Christian kingdom that was already divided and having a civil war of succession when they struck.

Now remember the differences of that culture which is based upon the principles of Sharia, woman are not equal to men, it take's two female witness to equal one male witness and even then the word of a man is valued more highly, under Sharia Slavery is legal including Sex Slave's and Castrated men used both as Sex toy's and as Eunuch guard's and servant's, Child marriage and consummation with a child is also allowed under Sharia.

So I am sorry but you really do not seem to understand the point and reason for Trump's action's, I am English, a Lapsed catholic whom regard's myself as a Marionite Christian because though I seldom attend church and will attend any church so long as they worship My Jesus I revere his mother the lady Mary, I am a male of 47 years of age, my ancestry includes as well as British with all that goes into that (and remember we are an island that thrived on trade and more often invaded than the propagandists of history would like to admit) Maori and am descended from a maternal Jewish ancestry.
My sister Jeanette married a Muslim whom happened to be a former Revolutionary Guard from Iran whom came to England on a Libyan passport of convenience as a student, He Abused my little blonde blue eyed Nepphew Carl whose father Carlos of Greek extraction and whom Jeanette had met on a night out had died before he was born leaving my sister whom had been engaged to him mourning before she met this Javod from Iran, Javod has in his private possession's a picture of himself and two of his friend's grinning wildly holding the head of an Iraqi officer whom they had killed in the Iran Iraq war, Javod's hand's are bloody and in his other hand he is holding his knife, I was never told until just a few years ago about how one of my other sisters Christiana found Carl at the age of three in a bad state on his bed sweating and feverish with his pant's removed and the house was full of Javod's so called cousin's, my sister (Christina whom considered becoming a nun at one time) was like a wild woman and ran to the kitchen of Jeanette's house to get a carving knife after screaming in shock at the sight of little Carl and the Iranian's all of whom Javod called Cousin's including Javod had already fled the house when she raced into the parlour to confront them and she found it empty.

For a long time after this Jeanette broke off contact, the police here in the UK did nothing as did the social services and so Carl was left at there mercy, I at the time in my early 20's was never told or I am afraid I most definitely would have, my nephew grew up damaged, he struggled to hold relationships' with girl's and sadly I have lost contact with him, I dare not go near to Jeanette's home for I would surely do something to her Iranian husband that would have me put in jail for a very long time.

Girl you have no idea what damage they can do, in there culture woman have dowry's so at least until they are sold to there arranged partner they are fairly safe as they regard non virgins' as damaged good's, but boy's on the other hand are for pleasure to there mind's.

Do I want that in the west, should anyone, damn no I do not so I am grateful that the American's have voted someone in that will give the Weak and corrupt western political hierarchy the shove they need to finally take this unholy influx into hand and deal with it appropriately.

*Actually Iberia is an interesting counter analogue to modern extremist nation's of all ilk's, at it's hay day just before the Christian army's (whom had fought for generations from the mountain's to retake there homeland from the Moorish invaders) retook Spain from the moor's the Moorish kingdom's were at that time far more tolerant than either ANYTHING in the Islamic or European world's and this was probably due to there dynamic culture which included Christian, Jewish and of course the Dominant Islamic community's, a rare flowering of tolerance even for the Historical Islamic world.

edit on 2-2-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Byrd

Remember, he doesn't have any intelligence briefings.

Trump get daily intel briefings since taking office.

He didn't while he was President Elect.

Trump has admitted to not going to intelligence briefings because he's like a smart person.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How is this thread still going when the Australian PM himself called BS on this fake new story?

I debunked it on page 3.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
How is this thread still going when the Australian PM himself called BS on this fake new story?

I debunked it on page 3.

I was wondering the same thing we know this was a lie and we found out the conversation with Mexico was a lie a's well. So the press really seems to have a problem being honest when it comes to Trump. They really don't see the damage there doing to there reputation. I don't particularly like Trump but the irony is he's showing himself to be more honest then the media covering him. If these people don't get there act together and stop trying to be so blatantly bias they will lose all trust completely.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Can you blame him? Turnbull "Can you take our 1250 Refugees" Obama "Yes send all ya got!"

Trump "Deal with your own refugees!"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I agree with him. It was a bad deal. We gain nothing.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And here everyone said Hillary would lead us into WWIII.

Good times.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Byrd

Remember, he doesn't have any intelligence briefings.

Trump get daily intel briefings since taking office.

He didn't while he was President Elect.

Trump has admitted to not going to intelligence briefings because he's like a smart person.

Maybe if he gone to more of those briefings back then, he'd have been more aware of the tactical situation in Yemen. As it is, his first military operation was a tactical disaster -- an operation that had been planned, but tabled by Obama (probably because he had better judgement about its success).

U.S. military officials revealed Wednesday that President Trump’s first covert counterterrorism operation was carried out without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations, according to reports.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced Al Qaeda base in Yemen defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists, according to Reuters.

So, maybe those intelligence briefings might have been kinda important? Maybe he might have learned why this operation had been tabled and put on hold?

“They kind of knew they were screwed from the beginning,” one former SEAL Team 6 official told The Times.

A tilt-rotor MV-22 transporting SEAL team experienced a “hard landing” near the target location, and had to be intentionally destroyed.

Link

But, you know, smart people don't have to go to boring meetings to learn about why operations are delayed or put on hold...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I think London has more pull than the CIA who gets elected. It sickens me even after 40 years that our democratically elected Govt was sacked by the Governor General (the Queens Representative to Aust).

wiki

The Governor-General's role is both complex and demanding. The following summary outlines some of the key features. The office of Governor-General was established by the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia in 1901. The Governor-General is appointed by The Queen on the advice of the Prime Minister.

We're still a prison colony

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Australia has a HUGE Ace card to play though if Trump wants to get dirty with us.

We'll just threaten to take back Pine Gap. Watch them squirm and panic when that happens, Trump will do a complete about-face.

Na, mate we cant' do that. Its an American Military base therefore its American Territory. Same story with Tindle I've given to understand.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I wonder if that left the Australian prime minister feeling down under.

Sorry I could not resist but from Trump's point of view, Australia does NOT want them so why should he have them, they are mostly economic immigrant's in search of a better life and not actual people in danger of death though they were willing to risk it believing the rewards if they got to Australia would make it worth there while.
You know a cake is made from it's ingredient's and a nation is made from it's people, when other people come into a nation with different belief's and different attitude's and different tradition's expect that cake to start tasting just like the one they have fled from.

This is the point I can't wrap my head around. I have seen many a refugee in my lifetime from when I was first old enough to understand the concept back in the days of Sarajevo and Rwanda. And every refugee group since has been so terrified and a huge percentage ran after villages were burned to the ground and many watched their parents, siblings, and children cut to pieces while forced to watch or forced to perform sexual acts on the insurgents or forced to have sex with family for humiliation and many a young boy who if age 8 or older has the option of being shot in the head or taking up arms and fighting his own kind. They are so traumatized there is little spark in their step but once relocated to a safe refugee camp or host country, they show amazing community bonds and work with the survivors to do all they can and they are usually extremely grateful to the host nation even if they are stuck in less than sanitary conditions with only the bare necessities. They truly are thankful and show gratitude and resilience just to be alive. What I have never seen until now is a group of able bodied people fleeing a nation of localized fighting just to get to a clean developed nation where they can sign up for welfare and get paid to do nothing five times what they made back home. And while you'd expect them to flourish and immediately work to financially or intrinsically pay back the nation that had their backs, instead they refuse to show the host citizens even the most basic human courtesy as they reform whole neighborhoods to function as separate Islamic entities and teach in the schools there (there's plenty of YouTube videos proving it) concepts of quffar and taqquiya where they learn how to fake kindness on the outside but hate every last one of them inside. Believe me, refugees who complain their food vouchers won't buy vodka and attack a woman store manager when declined or refugees who say they feel like animals because their internet they are provided is too slow, are NOT refugees. This is able bodied people with something akin to invasion on the mind cuz they feel entitled to everything on earth since non Muslims are not human and should possess no wealth no land no rights and no life even.
edit on 2/3/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The PM of Australia was complaining about the lack of respect and that Australia has supported every US war. Australia sent sent 1400 troops into Iraq. We sent 130,000. The world takes advantage of us and have huge debts because of it. I think Trump should tell the PM of Australia to shove it. We owe them nothing.
edit on 3-2-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 2/3/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
It sickens me even after 40 years that our democratically elected Govt was sacked by the Governor General

Whitlam was a incompetent that had to do - Australia agreed with the GG as well,

On election night, 13 December, the Coalition won the largest majority government in Australian history, winning 91 seats to Labor's 36. Labor suffered a 6.5 percent swing against it and its caucus was cut almost in half, suffering a 30-seat swing. Labor was left with five fewer seats than it had when Whitlam took the leadership. The Coalition also won a 37–25 majority in the Senate

Australian voters realised Whitlam and labor was one of the worst governments ever in Australia, so they were not voted back in.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The fact is...Australia doesn't want the refugees, the spin is... its all on donald trump the racist.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
. Its an American Military base therefore its American Territory. Same story with Tindle I've given to understand.

No, neither is a US military base. Tindle is a RAAF base, also regional airport

en.wikipedia.org...

Pine Gap is a joint facility

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
The fact is...Australia doesn't want the refugees, the spin is... its all on donald trump the racist.

It's not "spin" it's a "therefore".

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm an Australian and I want to bring them to Australia. I think you misread my remark.

I read your post and thought it was pretty obvious what you meant. I have to apologize for certain people over here that will twist what you say into something else just so they can complain.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join