It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with bringing in a small number of 'refugees.' for me about 3-400 k per year is plenty.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Why is australia not being burnt to the ground for how they are treating those immigrants? They couldnt find some cheap flats or hotels?

Imagine Trump holding migrants off the coast in not good condition. How is australian pm getting away with this?

Because we are Australia, we are Australians, mate, we are just good at being ignored by the rest of the world

Now shut up, go away or I will send an army of refugee spiders, snakes and jellyfish your way.

Thats not an illegal immigrant, thats an illegal immigrant

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australian prime minister denies Trump canceled refugee deal in testy call

The Washington Post had reported that Mr. Trump lost his cool when discussing the deal, which requires that the U.S. resettle refugees from among more than 1,500 asylum seekers being held on small Pacific islands.

According to the Post, Mr. Trump called the pact “the worst deal ever” and accused Australia of exporting the “next Boston bombers.”

But Mr. Turnbull denied that, saying that “the president assured me he would follow through” on the deal. “I’m not going to comment on these reports out of the U.S. on this conversation,” the prime minister said.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Why is australia not being burnt to the ground for how they are treating those immigrants? They couldnt find some cheap flats or hotels?

Imagine Trump holding migrants off the coast in not good condition. How is Australian pm getting away with this?

I'll tell you why, these queue jumpers paid 5K+ to a people smuggler to get them into our shores. They didn't apply the legal way or are even refugees, most are just trying to get here to get on our welfare system and are not escaping persecution from their homeland and when they get here they don't contribute except to form enclaves exactly like the land they just left.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azure
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I'm completely on your side including you not accepting these illegals we don't want. They should be sent back but our current PM has no spine. Maybe Abbott would have but Turnbull is the Australian version of Jeb Bush.

That is my one question why hasn't he sent these illegals back home instead of detain them? Is there al law in Australia that forbids it? Even Obama just before leaving office did the same things with Cubans. He removed the wet foot dry foot policy so now even if they make it to the United States they are returned to Cuba.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Exactly. They need to go back. The left will throw a temper tantrum but it needs to be done. I can't believe an Australian PM would accept America taking these people off our hands. I can only imagine Obama insisted, it's the only thing that makes sense to me. The world owes America many debts of gratitude from powered flight to the more mundane but equally important. Plus the many wars we have fought side by side. It doesn't matter if Obama initiated this. Turnbull needs to support the new US President. End of story.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Jesus that video was terrible. At least let them live like humans in detainment on Nauru.

A quick look at Wikipedia shows

By measure of mean body mass index (BMI) Nauruans are the most overweight people in the world;[99] 97% of men and 93% of women are overweight or obese.[99] In 2012 the obesity rate was 71.7%.[101]

there's plenty to go around...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Yea its messed up.

Already too late for sweden. RIP blondies.
The teenage population now is 127 boys to 100 girls, because the immigrants were young male adults, contrary to how they spin it.
Guess what happens in a society with a bunch of guys who do not settle down because their are not enough females to pair up with?

This is insane.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
A good article which balances out both points of view.

It's not like Australian leaders haven't had a row with their US counterparts before. Professor Curran last year published a book Fighting with America, charting the pitfalls in the relationship - including during Australian military intervention in East Timor and especially fraught times in the Whitlam era.

Full story

The situation at present is nowhere near as serious as it was when Bill Clinton earned the wrath of the Australian Public over a lack of support for the intervention in East Timor. Somebody in the Trump admin is going to have to put the hard word on Trump and pull his head in when it comes to the value of having Australia as a ally. In 1999 it fell to Admiral Dennis Blair to have just such a conversation with President Clinton.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Australia has a HUGE Ace card to play though if Trump wants to get dirty with us.

We'll just threaten to take back Pine Gap. Watch them squirm and panic when that happens, Trump will do a complete about-face.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Why is australia not being burnt to the ground for how they are treating those immigrants?

Because the illegals are not in Australia.... but they have certainly damaged the eight accommodation units, education and recreation building, tennis courts and central sports area.

In 2011, more than 250 detainees hurled rocks at staff and set fire to the accommodation block causing a lot of dollars' worth of damage.

On 9 November 2015, a riot began at the centre after the death of an asylum seeker.[14] The man escaped the centre and was found at the bottom of a cliff. Those involved in the rioting included criminals facing deportation.[15] Damage to the centre may be as high as $10 million.

They couldnt find some cheap flats or hotels?

They did not need them, they had accommodation on Christmas Island, Manus Island and Nauru

How is australian pm getting away with this?

Well, the illegals can leave anytime they want to, and many do go back home.

Also the majority of Australians support the governments policy, a very good policy that has stopped the illegals arriving here by boat.

The only people whining about it are those who support people smugglers.
edit on 2-2-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
That is my one question why hasn't he sent these illegals back home instead of detain them?

The bleeding heart lawyers are supporting the illegals, also as they claim to be asylum seekers (after destroying all their documents when a Australian rescue ship was sighted) it takes time to find out who they really are.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Eight years of an ideology that played out all across the world, in an attempt at globalization has left most nations under the impression that the US acts "one way". However, every administration is different and so is its language and how it does business.
The "tact" so the speak isn't necessary, the point is, to get the information across, right?
From the way things arw looking, this is a very up front and imposing administration that means to actually use its weight and force if necessary, don't get that confused with bad diplomacy, if anything this is an assertative approach.
War won't happen over some offesive language, lets not be naive here.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
At least someone has the backbone to stand up to arsehole bullyboy Trump unlike the sniveling little bags of #e we have here in the UK..Well done Australia. Would have been even funnier if they had invited him down under for talks then told him to # off back to la la land at check in.

I sincerely hope Nicola Sturgeon kicks his # in if he even dares set foot on Scottish soil again.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Sure, he is the wisest guy on earth, the new king of the clepto- and plutocracy former USA, now OST, Occupied States of Trump. Upsets the world, ovisiously forgetting that there is just one world with nations to upset. And if you have brought them all up against you, you are the new GröFaZ(Größter Führer aller Zeiten, Greatest Leader Of All Times).

But i guess the peole won´t love him in the future, when they have to rebuild the USA after the civil and/or international war. Ask the "Trümmerfrauen", rubble women" after WWII!

Somehow it is funny to see how "loud" the followers of people like Trump, Duterte, Erdogan, Orban, Kaczinsky etc are, if you visit the WWW. Even here on ATS, everything that excuses racism, plutocracy, cleptocracy, idiocracy, is rewarded with uncountable stars, while the sane comments stay without stars. It´s the same on the whole web, in every country. A little bunch of rightwingers that(for sure are never rightwingers or Nazis, but "But it has to be allowed to say..."`s) makes such an alarm that everybody thinks all the sane people turned rightwinger-crazy.

But in reality, those WWW-Rambos either are to cowardly to show their rightwinger attitude outside of their own four walls(behind their screen and keyboard) or they are less than it seems in the web. Because in reality, if you leave your house and talk to average people you meet everywhere, you can´t find that much Nazis, sorry, "I am not a Nazi but it must be allowed to say..."`s. The reality outside of the web is another than in that WWW-Rambos world.

I mean, if i would be member of a minority that pushed the new king onto his throne and the whole sane world turns slowly against that new king of the OST, i would start to ask myself if me and my fellow king supporters are the only ones that are on the right side, while the world went insane? I would start to ask me if the behaviour of the new king really can be good for my nation and me. I mean, if 90% of 100%(seen worldwide) are against the new king and because of that me and my fellow king supporters, how can it be that only the 10%, that tell me what i want to hear, should be the last sane people on earth?

Couldn´t it be that the new king of the OST is insane, that his behaviour damages the former USA and maybe the whole world? And that those that pushed him into power were wrong, were fooled and lied to?
But can´t admit that they were wrong with pushing that lunatic king into power?

Really not???

Sometimes it´s better to admit that one made mistakes than to follow the leader to the painful ending!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Our Prime Minister is a sneaky son of a bitch he made the deal in the dying days of the Obama administration after Trump had won the election

Do you mean OBAMA made the deal while HE WAS STILL PRESIDENT and trump was nobody?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Even as late as December 44 people were still standing with der fuhrer. Some even fought to the bitter end believing his crap.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Profusion

Let's just be realistic about what it means.

For sure. Too late for hope he'll change.

The characterizations provide insight into Trump's temperament and approach to the diplomatic requirements of his job as the nation's chief executive, a role in which he continues to employ both the uncompromising negotiating tactics he honed as a real estate developer and the bombastic style he exhibited as a reality television personality.

This was interesting. Hope they pay his staff writer well.

The depictions of Trump's calls are also at odds with sanitized White House accounts. The official read-out of his conversation with Turnbull, for example, said that the two had "emphasized the enduring strength and closeness of the U.S.-Australia relationship that is critical for peace, stability, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region and globally."

It's like everyone has forgotten how temperamental John Adams was. He was one of the best, if not the best President - and he was much worse at diplomacy than Trump. Just ask Benjamin Franklin.

ETA that's back when it was still a privilege and a right to have God and Country.
edit on 2/2/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You don't get to renege on a pre-existing deal in such a short bus mentality manner. That's called renegotiation, not sh#ing all over an ally because you think it's coo', brah. If you did it as one company to another, you'd screw yourself into a corner & damage your credibility & desirability. All aboard the Chapter 11 train, woo woo!

We're still coming out of this petty BS a leper globally, and an untrustworthy one at that. Who'd want to put the time into hammering out any deals with a country who's leaders renege on them the next term without bothering to mention renegotiating first? No one. No one wants to put up with that.
edit on 2/2/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neo96
I'd rather our leaders BE REAL with other world leaders instead of snip kissing and fake platitudes.

Apparently diplomacy to some means faking it. Be who you are and let the chips fall where they may.

That is how people build respect with one another.

It's also a good way of getting a nuke dropped in your backyard too.

So is accusing a nuclear power of 'hacking' an election.

Doh!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join