It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Trump's behavior suggests that he is capable of subjecting world leaders, including close allies, to a version of the vitriol he frequently employs against political adversaries and news organizations in speeches and on Twitter.

"This is the worst deal ever," Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center. Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admissions of refugees, complained that he was "going to get killed" politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the "next Boston bombers."

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

I've asked if Trump's lack of diplomacy could end up starting a war. People have mostly scoffed at the notion, but that was before the story linked to above or the following.

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'

Trump's lack of tact alone has already caused problems. While his undiplomatic nature may not end up causing a war, it could lead to all sorts of unintended consequences.

Many people have been dreaming of a non-politician POTUS for a long time. I think it's great that it seems we finally have one. Let's just be realistic about what it means.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There was a deal our government made with Obama to take some 1200 refugees,they weren't worth the poliitical capital our Prime Minister just lost making that deal stick
edit on 1-2-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

+51 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Sounds like he was being honest, in my opinion.

+56 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, Trump isn't wrong. Guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the previous administration was making horrible deals for the U.S., it's almost as if they weren't looking out for the interests of the American people...

+47 more 
link   
I'd rather our leaders BE REAL with other world leaders instead of snip kissing and fake platitudes.

Apparently diplomacy to some means faking it. Be who you are and let the chips fall where they may.

That is how people build respect with one another.
edit on 1-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   

We need to bring the refugee's here, they are our problem and we have kept them incarcerated for too long, in conditions worse than prison.

One of the few things that bring me shame as an Australian.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Our Prime Minister is a sneaky son of a bitch he made the deal in the dying days of the Obama administration after Trump had won the election

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

We need to bring the refugee's here, they are our problem and we have kept them incarcerated for too long, in conditions worse than prison.

One of the few things that bring me shame as an Australian.

Have you opened up your home to welcome them or are you just virtue signaling to the rest of the world to do what you WON'T DO?

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

More nonsense from those who hate the constitution and those immigrants who struggled to come here LEGALLY!

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
put all 1,200 of them in Chicago and once a week ask them if they want to go back home.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I wonder if that left the Australian prime minister feeling down under.

Sorry I could not resist but from Trump's point of view, Australia does NOT want them so why should he have them, they are mostly economic immigrant's in search of a better life and not actual people in danger of death though they were willing to risk it believing the rewards if they got to Australia would make it worth there while.
You know a cake is made from it's ingredient's and a nation is made from it's people, when other people come into a nation with different belief's and different attitude's and different tradition's expect that cake to start tasting just like the one they have fled from.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Malcom Turnbull is the biggest joke of a pm. I don't know how or why people voted for the scumbag. I'll take tony any day over him.

His hurting Australias economy and welfare systems not to mention major cuts to the renewable energy sector and in return giving mass tax breaks and cuts to mining companies and soforth good on trump for giving him a piece of his mind. I understand that most of Australia gets its money for exporting but instead of trying to build other ways on making money this stupid government is relying on mining and now after China has bought so much they don't need anymore and its going to hurt Australia in the long run badly.

Not to mention the internet censorship, the failed NBN that is already outdated by today's standards and its not even any where near complete.

The next party or next pm will throw of the Donald vibes because this administration is f'en terrible.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Let's also be realistic about what career politicians have and continue to do as well, eh? Not exactly paradisiacal, if ya dig what I am saying.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I have had a similar analogy for several decades

It`s like peeing in your lemonade, it doesn`t make the pee taste better it just ruins the lemonade.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: justneo

Yeah the retirees,the unemployed,the disabled are all finding out that he's just a glorified pick pocket,well he is ex Goldman Sachs

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm an Australian and I want to bring them to Australia. I think you misread my remark.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Australia is better than the US anyway.

The 1200 should just stay.

It'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

So for all we know Obama could have been having this PM send them here to do harm, under the watch of Trump.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Our Prime Minister is a sneaky son of a bitch he made the deal in the dying days of the Obama administration after Trump had won the election

Sounds like another gift Obama left for Trump in order to make things hard for him.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm an Australian and I want to bring them to Australia. I think you misread my remark.

Then you are mistaken!

I hope you are opening your doors and welcoming them into your own home! Or our you one of those who get a good feeling for virtue signaling to help them but yet want them to live in another neighborhood?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join