It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on phone with Australian leader: 'This was the worst call by far'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I feel sure we can accommodate them... We can fly them here on military jets! How many refugees will fit in the bomb bay of a B-52?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hanging up on and insulting one of our closest allies. Typical Trump....swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

www.washingtonpost.com... 0c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?utm_term=.2e0d780bfff6
edit on 1-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Australia could ask its largest trade partner China .Its just a short jaunt . :>)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A Jacksonian style President hung up a phone call with a world leader , was it really that unexpected? I think not. Turnbull isn't the incompetent fool a certain ex New Zealand Prime Minster by the name of David Lange was for all time. Australia hasn't been frozen out of ISIS nor has defence ties with the US been cut off cold.

I am confident the Australia - United States and New Zealand - United States will endure any hiccups and proposer thanks to existing military ties. All Sec of State Rex Tillerson will provide a measured and thought out approach when it comes to diplomatic ties. Sec of Defence Mattis will do the same with defence ties.

The main danger is if Trump ignores members of his cabinet and tries to govern as a one man show. If Trump governs as a one man show international relations aside his domestic agenda will fail and voters will ditch him in 2020.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A good response would be to tax the US companies in here raking in profits and paying minimal royalties, if you look at how many there are raking in huge tax free profits here it would astound you.

That tax deal cut back in the 50's to benefit US Companies in favour of our own is a very bad deal and we should be looking at that. I think its time we stopped handing over our sovereign wealth to the USA for nothing, other countries pressured into doing this should do the same.
edit on 1-2-2017 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Fake news.

Australia PM denies the Washington Post fake claims.

Australian prime minister denies Trump canceled refugee deal in testy call

The Washington Post had reported that Mr. Trump lost his cool when discussing the deal, which requires that the U.S. resettle refugees from among more than 1,500 asylum seekers being held on small Pacific islands.

According to the Post, Mr. Trump called the pact “the worst deal ever” and accused Australia of exporting the “next Boston bombers.”

But Mr. Turnbull denied that, saying that “the president assured me he would follow through” on the deal. “I’m not going to comment on these reports out of the U.S. on this conversation,” the prime minister said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 1-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You know...if you are a former reality TV star/CEO deal-maker with a tough stance on immigration and you still are obligated by a signed agreement to take these refugees - this narrative is awesome. Putting lipstick on a pig. You get to keep your tough guy, always making deals image AND fulfill your agreement obligation at the same time. While your base cheers and the media you hate howls

Think about it real hard ATS...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Who is asking you to open up your house?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump is to Burns
as
Turnbull is to Smythers

...or, maybe Turnbull said something that Trump didn't like hearing ...
so Trumps bagging the s#*t outta him in the media

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
President Trump has said he will look into this on his twitter account. If he can renegotiate the deal then why not? Obama may have been trying to do Turnbull a favor or doing what he believed to be right or whatever but Trump won despite most experts believing he would not.

I see no reason it has to happen at all because it isn't going to happen again and Turnbull should start living in a reality where Obama can't bail him out in a compromise that appeases the left. The huge positive for Australia is there is now a President that will support hard line migration policies but for a fake conservative like Turnbull it might not be seen as a positive.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

At the end of the day if Trump's ego is his undoing voters will fire him no questions asked. In the context of the topic Trump could only really do lasting harm to the U.S. alliance with Australia if he excludes Mattis and other's from the policy decision making process.
edit on 1-2-2017 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2017 by xpert11 because: Auto correct useless

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

We need to bring the refugee's here, they are our problem and we have kept them incarcerated for too long, in conditions worse than prison.

One of the few things that bring me shame as an Australian.

What
So you are saying these refugees arnt even in Australia, that Australians, people and government dont want them and wont let them in their country, that they want to send them somewhere else and somewhere else are saying, NO
This is stupid, sounds like Aussie politicians are worse than Trump

Sounds like us Aussies have had enough of these illegals and are trying to dump them on others who have had enough then saying "you guys are racist"

Thats stupid

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

To put it simply Turnbull wants to eat his cake and have it too. Keeping them detained or sending them back would enrage the left and bringing them to Australia would lose him the next election. Enter Obama with the perfect solution for him... until Trump unexpectedly beats Hillary in the US election.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Azure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

As an Australian and a longtime ally of America I can say in no uncertain terms we will not put up with that nonsense much longer.

If America wants to treat us like crap, after everything we have done, then the feeling will be mutual and returned with interest.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'd rather our leaders BE REAL with other world leaders instead of snip kissing and fake platitudes.

Apparently diplomacy to some means faking it. Be who you are and let the chips fall where they may.

That is how people build respect with one another.

It's also a good way of getting a nuke dropped in your backyard too.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Which county started the war in the first place that wanted these people to leave? Who was one of the biggest allies to first show support the USA?

Maybe Australia show stop supporting USA one of Thier biggest allies in the Pacific because the USA won't honour deals?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Fake news.

Australia PM denies the Washington Post fake claims.

Australian prime minister denies Trump canceled refugee deal in testy call

The Washington Post had reported that Mr. Trump lost his cool when discussing the deal, which requires that the U.S. resettle refugees from among more than 1,500 asylum seekers being held on small Pacific islands.

According to the Post, Mr. Trump called the pact “the worst deal ever” and accused Australia of exporting the “next Boston bombers.”

But Mr. Turnbull denied that, saying that “the president assured me he would follow through” on the deal. “I’m not going to comment on these reports out of the U.S. on this conversation,” the prime minister said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

It looks like more FAKE NEWS!

On a side note, Trump is right about this being a dumb deal. This goes against everything the Protestors are saying.

They're saying we should be compassionate and have open arms to everybody even though we're 20 trillion dollars in debt but if this is the case, why doesn't Australia just keep the immigrants if it's just about compassion?

Why is it okay for the PM of Australia to protect his Country and relieve them from paying for these immigrants by dumping them into the United States? Where's the compassion from Australia?

It's not about compassion, it's about being smart especially when you're 20 trillion in the hole.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

Trump from Twitter and he's right. I know the MSM will be crying tomorrow about mean Trump but they have to understand, Trump isn't going to just lay down like a wet noodle like Obama when it comes to these dumb deals Obama made.
edit on 1-2-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty lousey behaviour to break deals. If one side breaks deals the other side is entitled to start breaking deals too.

Mazzroth put it well in his post above:

A good response would be to tax the US companies in here raking in profits and paying minimal royalties, if you look at how many there are raking in huge tax free profits here it would astound you.

That tax deal cut back in the 50's to benefit US Companies in favour of our own is a very bad deal and we should be looking at that. I think its time we stopped handing over our sovereign wealth to the USA for nothing, other countries pressured into doing this should do the same.

If the US starts breaking deals left right and centre it will give Oz reason to drop a few unequal deals too.

What about:

----------------

For Rent

One underground spy base in central Australia.
Close to tourist attractions - secluded location - good fenses - deep water bore suitable for cooling small nuke reactor.

Other bases available.

---------------------

Both China and Russia would probably like to see the Us out of our neighbour hood. I wonder how an Aussie friendship with Putin would go? Shake up the world stage a bit.

If the US under Trump gets too antisocial towards it's friends it might be better and safer to think locally.

The US and England are on the other side of the world. South East Asia is our neighbour, Russia above.

Let's throw in a referendum and become an Aussie republic while we are at it.

edit on 1-2-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: clarity

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Yeh, they are our illegal immigrants, who tried to boat it here, got intercepted, and incarcerated offshore in Papua New Guinea in abysmal conditions, so much so the UN has condemned our Government for it.

Yes, Our Prime Minister is a corporate shill.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Our Prime Minister is a sneaky son of a bitch he made the deal in the dying days of the Obama administration after Trump had won the election

Well if that's true then Trump is angry for a reason. I don't trust Turnbull anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join