It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India freaks out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The notorious Vyapam Scandal of Madhya Pradesh where the policymakers were involved in fake degrees and admission into the state’s medical colleges, was just a tip of the iceberg as the rot runs much deeper as more than one out of every six India’s 398 medical schools has been accused of cheating, according to Indian government records and court filings.

Americanbazaaronline.com - 57 % of Indian doctors are not qualified: WHO.

And that scandal runs the gamut across almost all industries including IT. Cheating is rampant in India. I have seen it. Two resumes from two different people are exactly the same?? And it gets worse. The US companies have been forced to Skype interviews with candidates because ONE person would do multiple and they shipped over whatever warm body they could find.

Heard a story of a guy being paid in rupees, not US dollars, so the 60K job was more like 100 US (or something ridiculous like that). Drove the hiring person crazy and after putting up with that for a year they quit their job. I was searching for something the other day on google and the top hit was a brain dump site for an Indian company's electronic training school. Yeah, not very well trained at all.

I do not even know about the H1 visa stuff. Just the crappy quality of such "cheap" labor is not really worth the cost in the end. Constant turn over, no knowledge of their "expertise" area, etc. Not all, but enough to make me wonder what this tight grip to the almighty bottom line is for if in the end you spend more money looking for the capable few?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Correct, they're not wrong, we are for taking advantage of them and abandoning us. What they earned in a month, roughly $200 USD (All college graduates in India, a requirement) was less than half your average agent made in a week.

Of course implementation wasn't very successful, as smart as they may be, overcoming cultural and linguistical hurdles was and continues to be daunting for them.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Those jobs could become fully automated soon, so maybe they want that transition to take place here.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Indians are very good at IT. They still have programming skill sets we left behind years ago. That is how the US works under educates its own people in an attempt to drain skills from other parts of the world. Sometimes that back fires though.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump in no way will rock the corporate profits boat. Above all else Trump is a business man totally linked to the neocons. Look at his cabinet if you need verification.

The American working man will see no benefit to his presidency. Of course he will tell you that he is improving your lot and you will believe it.

ummm he already has a bit. remember those companies who decided to stay in the US instead?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
a reply to: Pandaram

Those jobs could become fully automated soon, so maybe they want that transition to take place here.

Likely.. but i doubt America will be great again because of this or any of this. Lets see. Four years gos in a flash.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Indians are very good at IT. They still have programming skill sets we left behind years ago. That is how the US works under educates its own people in an attempt to drain skills from other parts of the world. Sometimes that back fires though.

Pure BS. There's tons of code on Github developed by caucasian Americans. Are you saying Americans are not just as good as Indians? It sounds to me you are biased.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Pure BS. There's tons of code on Github developed by caucasian Americans. Are you saying Americans are not just as good as Indians? It sounds to me you are biased.

Those "American" are more liklly Indian rather then Europeans immigrants.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You are more correct than many realize. Corporations are just now upgrading. To be honest, of course, it is all about the dollar. Many of the newly educated are clueless to programs that were created using old or custom code. The foreigners could grasp it easier.

I can admit that Trump presidency is just a happenstance scapegoat for some major changes. The corporations have to evolve with technology and it is not partisan politics but necessity for profit. Trump will just give them the scapegoat excuse on why they have to change. It is BS. Everyone will point fingers, but the reality is...it is just changing technology and times. Aka: circle fo life.

Editable add: Like everyone in the world, individuals just need to gamble and hope that they end up on the upswing on that circle or can live through the down side to enjoy the up swift!
edit on 1 31 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
BTW.. i take this opportunity to mention . E- mail invented by someone from my country, Tamil Nadu.
Until then caucasian americans were posting letters via somthing called mail services.

edit on 31-1-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

They're not wrong, we are for taking advantage of them and abandoning us. What they earned in a month, roughly $200 USD (All college graduates in India, a requirement) was less than half your average agent made in a week.

Of course implementation wasn't very successful, as smart as they may be, overcoming cultural and linguistical hurdles was and continues to be daunting for them.

Ok you just paraphrased exactly what I said.

Just dont go unloading a few magazines on people you think are indians taking IT jobs...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't care about India.

It'd be nice to see more Americans working higher paid salaries than a barista.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Payed by who? Money don't come from tree you know..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Those "American" are more liklly Indian rather then Europeans immigrants.

I work for a software company where most if not all the developers in the office are Caucasian. I am myself and can code in multiple langagues although that isn't my main focus. So I'm not getting your point.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Fine, let India freak out. Americans have been freaking out about this H1B # for 10 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Payed by who? Money don't come from tree you know..

The companies that won't outsource any more.

That's who.

It benefits everyone in the US if more people are working.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

BTW.. i take this opportunity to mention . E- mail invented by someone from my country, Tamil Nadu.
Until then caucasian americans were posting letters via somthing called mail services.

Internet made by the US. Your point?

What if your nation made most of the tech the world uses and you could not make a living because China, Brazil, and Canada were working for nothing for you companies? That sound good to you? What if your tax dollars paid for much of that tech development.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is going to be major poop for indian economy.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Editorialal, corrected above.

edit on 31-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join