It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India freaks out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
IT jobs are some of the best paying jobs in the world. Outsourcing to India is all about saving money. This has nothing to do with the number of quality skilled workers. Companies are saying "these categories of workers are in short supply in the U.S" what they leave out of the sentence is "at slave wages". These are the jobs that will make our country great again!

If the problem is not having enough quality training then provide tax subsidies. Heck, give student loan amnesty to anyone who graduates from a major college with good grades in computer science. When are we going to put America first! These high paying jobs will make everything better in this country. If we legislate America into poverty where is the tax base going to come from to pay for all the military spending we so desperately need to protect Israel?

"India freaks out over U.S. plans to change high-skilled visas"

"The former U.S. ambassador to India, Richard Verma, estimated last year that 70% of the 85,000 H-1B visas issued annually go to Indian workers. The visas, which are currently allocated by a lottery system, are hugely oversubscribed -- demand for them in 2016 was three times more than the number available."

"Cost was the major advantage for Indian companies, and that will get impacted," said D.D. Mishra, a research director at technology consultancy Gartner.

"The U.S. is worth about $65 billion to India's tech industry. Indian media warned of a major setback ahead."

money.cnn.com...

[snipped] On top of that these workers are not very good anyway. Many times the work has to be redone. That's not taken into account with the effing costs.

edit on 31-1-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

edit on 31-1-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

mod note: vulgarity removed
edit on Tue Jan 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh I remember back in 2005 flying to Mumbai and teaching them how to do our jobs. Terrible case of food poisoning you wouldn't believe.

10yrs later.... I'm an electrician.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Many big freakouts coming from people worried about Americans taking American jobs away.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Oh I remember back in 2005 flying to Mumbai and teaching them how to do our jobs.

10yrs later.... I'm an electrician.

The thing is I've worked on IT budgets. Many times the money that goes to the outsourcing firm is not that much off from hiring and American worker directly. The workers in the outsourcing firm are making a fraction of what an American worker makes. So in the end there's really not that much cost savings. I really don't understand this practice. As far as I can tell it's all just a boondoggle for personal friends of the CEO. One thing is for sure a billionaire doesn't spend as much in the economy as 10,000 people making $100,000 per year.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I have an Aunt that used to go to India a few times a year to teach them to do our jobs.

She's a filthy Commie sellout. But, she had to put food on her table too. Too much food as it turns out, she's a morbidly obese piece of garbage.

edit on 31-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Many big freakouts coming from people worried about Americans taking American jobs away.

OMG! What the hell are they going to do when their job is taken back!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why are indians to blame?
All they did wrong was accept work bestowed upon them by cooporate American greed.
Maybe incentives to keep the jobs home is what is needed and not ignorance.

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

edit on 31-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't IT. I was *********.

We outsourced our customer service, then eventually sales to them. Six years later the best of us was absorbed by ******. The rest was bought by the company we outsourced too. Funny that.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I have an Aunt that used to go to India a few times a year to teach them to do our jobs.

She's a filthy Commie sellout. But, she had to put food on her table too. Too much food as it turns out, she's a morbidly obese piece of garbage.

And I did what my company told me was best for the company. As it turns out, it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
[snipped]
That's a bit much.
And if I can read between the lines of that, you mean war?
Only time I hear that phrase used.
And IF that's what you mean, on behalf of the many people who want to live, SHUT UP!

Okay, let me put it another way. Tell the nice people we no longer need them to take our high paying jobs away.
edit on Tue Jan 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Why are indians to blame?
All they did wrong was accept work bestowed upon them by cooporate American greed.
Maybe incentives to keep the jobs home is what is needed and not ignorance.

Eff India!!! Send the mother effers back to the stone age!

It has absolutely nothing to do with blaming them. Funny you should see it that way. Effing them comes from taking our jobs back!

Keep voting for UN democrats and see how that works for you!

edit on 31-1-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

"The former U.S. ambassador to India, Richard Verma, estimated last year that 70% of the 85,000 H-1B visas issued annually go to Indian workers. The visas, which are currently allocated by a lottery system, are hugely oversubscribed -- demand for them in 2016 was three times more than the number available."

So 70% of total visa's are going to a single country ?

THAT's A PROBLEM.

Shouldn't be happening to begin with.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You have a bright future on ats. Im glad reddit cracked down, the mass exodus trickled down here.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yep.. this bit hard for Indians. Many slave workers die with out food. There will be 3 out comes for Americans,

1, Prepare to wait 3 days to anwser a call.
2, end up using premium rate numbers.
3, minnimum waged workers read out from books for you.

It will be like living in Russia..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Two places I worked (Dell and Govt) there were dot indian developers wall to wall. My impressions were they were like white castle burgers. You can get a lot of them cheap.

I worked managing the network infrastructure and it always got me that somebody thought it was smart to decimate American IT jobs and incomes by outsourcing to foreign countries. How blind do you have to be to remove the ability of a nation to do things like manufacture processors, motherboards, computer memory, workstations, servers, and the folks it takes to manage this type of infrastructure? Soon as these foreign countries get all of your knowledge they will leave your ass taking the knowledge with them and then the US companies get to go they way of the American workers they # on.

American companies are "saw your feet off to save on shoes" stupid. Greed and selfishness will lose bragging rights real soon.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Not just a sellout, but a COMMIE sellout
Not just a Commie sellout but a Filthy Commie sellout.
Not just a piece of garbage but an OBESE piece of garbage.
Not just an obese piece of garbage but a MORBIDLY obese piece of garbage.

And she is of your family.

So let me guess here, I mean just a wild shot in the dark here, ah, you voted for Trump.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

So 70% of total visa's are going to a single country ?

THAT's A PROBLEM.

Shouldn't be happening to begin with.

Over-Sampling !!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Trump in no way will rock the corporate profits boat. Above all else Trump is a business man totally linked to the neocons. Look at his cabinet if you need verification.

The American working man will see no benefit to his presidency. Of course he will tell you that he is improving your lot and you will believe it.

edit on 31-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am admittedly excited for my husband! He did come home today after a luncheon meeting with a CEO of his corporation. The past year, they were wanting him to train IT on how to use his software. They are focusing on downsizing visas, yes, of course, it is about the bottom dollar and not, intelligence and skills! My hubby has hung in there for nearly 25 years due to just enjoying his low average pay...but lots of freedom! Now, he is excited, because he can really train others to understand his programs without the language barriers, before he retires! We have made lots of friends from other countries and enjoy partying with them. They are humans just trying to get ahead too, but we have also had many friends who are American and were transferred between contract companies and/or laid off. They did get the shaft! Go America!

Admittedly, the actual intelligent foreign IT folks will be kept. They are smart and the companies will pay up to keep them...but the mid level folks will not be retained. The companies will realize that Americans will be more beneficial and fill those positions just as easily!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join