It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists planning massive march in DC

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: Jaellma

More reasons for Trump to deny your funding. YOu can't force Trump to do what you want. I guess you libs haven't learned. The only way to get him to hear is to kiss his a55. bwhahahah Too bad so sad. Now Global Warming alarmists have to find their own private funding like the rest of us.

Hey, even your beloved Donald can't piss oil. It's a finite resource, you know.

unless of course there's truth to the "abiotic oil" theory. then your premise that oil is "finite" becomes bunk.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

More reasons for Trump to deny your funding. YOu can't force Trump to do what you want. I guess you libs haven't learned. The only way to get him to hear is to kiss his a55. bwhahahah Too bad so sad. Now Global Warming alarmists have to find their own private funding like the rest of us.

Or appeal to his conspiracy a##.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I doubt your credentials as a scientist.

While I am not a scientist myself, I have cause to employ them. What field of research are you in? Hypotheticaly..

Doubt what you want. My degrees in Biology and Microbiology combined with 15 years in vaccine production and bioinformatics are what matters.

In the end, this is the internet and all we are is what we write for others to see. You aren't the first to think you have some means to judge my credentials, you certainly won't be the last.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Hey, even your beloved Donald can't piss oil. It's a finite resource, you know.

unless of course there's truth to the "abiotic oil" theory. then your premise that oil is "finite" becomes bunk.

Thermal Depolymerization

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm surprise the scientists are taking a break from making better weapons for the US military.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Does that apply to coal? Or just petroleum?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah, the women's march was real productive, wasn't it? Maybe these liberal "scientists" will get Stephen Hawking to say "I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House." Hey if people want to waste their time and energy on meaningless sore-loser protests, that certainly is their right.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Yeah, the women's march was real productive, wasn't it?

We'll see, won't we?
In 2018.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is going to be great.

Personally, I'm picturing a sea of white lab coats, more pocket protectors in one square mile than china manufactures in a year and plenty of discussion over who will be finally named the superior captain, Kirk or Picard.

When scientists decide to break windows they don't throw rocks, they use sonic projection devices. I desperately need to see a nerd riot. It starts with a electromagnetic pulse shutting down D.C. and ends with some kind of giant blob rolling across the wh lawn. Revenge of the nerds 2017! I need this please.

Back 2004 I went to the Iraq war protest. I had huge sign that said "Iraq: Arabic for Viet Nam" on one side and "Bush Lied, Rumsfailed" on the other side. The media reported 200,000 people were there. But I estimated there were about 1 million. It took four hours to march 10 blocks.

Anyway, just before the march began, hundreds of people including myself were in the street getting to ready to move. For no reason what-so-ever a police guy starts driving down the road. It pulls right up to the people and then starts aggressively jolting forward a few inches. The people getting pressed were scrambling to get out of the way. I did not even see the cop car until I felt press up on my legs. I almost fell on the hood but I was able to get out of the way. The car kept doing this until it was about 50 people ahead of me. The car stops, five guys get out all wielding batons. They start smacking the batons into their open other hand and staring down the crowd. One guy gets on top of the car and does it. They did everything they could to incite a riot. It was amazing!!!

edit on 27-1-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah, the women's march was real productive, wasn't it?

We'll see, won't we?
In 2018.

The map doesn't look good at all for Dems in 2018. They have 25 Senate seats up for election, Republicans only 8. And many of the Dem seats are in Republican territory, like in WVA where Trump dominated. Republicans have a very real chance of getting a filibuster proof majority, unless of course the women's march worked, lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Plastics, organics, waste solids, coal, petroleum. Pretty much any complex carbon molecule is fair game. I imagine HDPE would require more time.

Preliminary research from the 90s showed it could be used on 'dirty' coal and petroleum to refine the sulphurs and nitrates out into separate strata.

There was a TD plant in Carthage Missouri that was producing barrels of oil from turkey offal (organs, beaks, claws, pretty much anything not sold as meat) that was normally thrown out by the local Tyson plant. Eventually the locals complained about the smell, plus local farmers started offering competitive prices for the offal as fertilizer. From what I read the company moved to the EU where regulations prohibit the use of animal waste as fertilizer and food processors have to normally dispose of organic waste through incinerators or other biohazard means.

Personally I'd love to see TD plants set up at municipal sewage treatment plants.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Teikiatsu because: HDPE

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The map doesn't look good at all for Dems in 2018.

Sort of depends on how the Reps deal with Trump's proclamations. I think.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Plastics, organics, waste solids, coal, petroleum. Pretty much any complex carbon molecule is fair game. I imagine HDPE would require more time.

Preliminary research from the 90s showed it could be used on 'dirty' coal and petroleum to refine the sulphurs and nitrates out into separate strata.

There was a TD plant in Carthage Missouri that was producing barrels of oil from turkey offal (organs, beaks, claws, pretty much anything not sold as meat) that was normally thrown out by the local Tyson plant. Eventually the locals complained about the smell, plus local farmers started offering competitive prices for the offal as fertilizer. From what I read the company moved to the EU where regulations prohibit the use of animal waste as fertilizer and food processors have to normally dispose of organic waste through incinerators or other biohazard means.

Personally I'd love to see TD plants set up at municipal sewage treatment plants.

So, innards produce oil, makes sense. Wouldn't that be the next step in renewable energy?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

There was a TD plant in Carthage Missouri that was producing barrels of oil from turkey offal (organs, beaks, claws, pretty much anything not sold as meat) that was normally thrown out by the local Tyson plant

Huh.
If you mean by "oil", fat. Sure, why not. Biodiesel.

But converting the other stuff into fuel may take more energy than is practical. The navy (with its nukes) can turn water into petrol.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But converting the other stuff into fuel may take more energy than is practical. The navy (with its nukes) can turn water into petrol.

How? What is the source of carbon?
edit on 27-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
Atmospheric CO2.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Atmospheric CO2.

Where does atmospheric come into it? Airplane chemicals?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

With enough power (from nuclear reactors) you can combine CO2 with water to make oil (or something close enough to it to burn).
www.smithsonianmag.com...

It's not practical. But it could mean that our carrier groups don't have to return to port for a long time.

edit on 1/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Atmospheric CO2.

Interesting process. They are using the C02 from the seawater btw.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yeah, well.
Consider where that CO2 come from.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join