It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists planning massive march in DC

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Consider where that CO2 come from.

The C02 used in the process comes from the seawater.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Dissolved CO2, right?

Atmospheric CO2 dissolved in seawater, right?

edit on 1/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Dissolved CO2, right?

Atmospheric CO2 dissolved in seawater, right?

The C02 used in the process comes from the seawater.
Why would you argue about this?
Do you expect me to counter with, well some might come from the respiration of the ocean life in said ocean?
It's pretty clear in this case that the C02 used in this process comes from the seawater, period.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer Blood on my slide rule from tirelessly working long hours to save the planet.

I won't be marching as the march is too ill-defined for me and traipsing through DC is rather pointless. The administration sets the scope and tone of the R&D efforts and they will do it this time, too. When CO2 control was in vogue, scientists shifted over and did CO2 research. Whatever this administration deems important will get funded and scientists will follow the money.

I do still use a slide rule [Pickett log-log] for rough calculations and for light humor, I give it to my post-docs and ask them to solve a problem with it. One guy from a name brand school actually looked up how to use it and was amazed at the simplicity. He came back and explained the operating theory to me [in case I forgot it] and went off to play with it some more.

Wow I can barely remember how to use a slide rule, but i started with one and got a nice Texax Instrument one day for about 125$ that i kept for years that did most of what you need till P-Chem.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: AceWombat04

Thanks, Ace, for your thoughtful report.

I was mentioning to my husband that I'm going to get off my duff and subscribe us to a selection of newspapers this year. I'll add CSM to the ones I'm considering.

Agreed, sir! It was balanced too.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer Blood on my slide rule from tirelessly working long hours to save the planet.

I won't be marching as the march is too ill-defined for me and traipsing through DC is rather pointless. The administration sets the scope and tone of the R&D efforts and they will do it this time, too. When CO2 control was in vogue, scientists shifted over and did CO2 research. Whatever this administration deems important will get funded and scientists will follow the money.

I do still use a slide rule [Pickett log-log] for rough calculations and for light humor, I give it to my post-docs and ask them to solve a problem with it. One guy from a name brand school actually looked up how to use it and was amazed at the simplicity. He came back and explained the operating theory to me [in case I forgot it] and went off to play with it some more.

Wow I can barely remember how to use a slide rule, but i started with one and got a nice Texax Instrument one day for about 125$ that i kept for years that did most of what you need till P-Chem.

Are you guys ready for retirement? Don't care?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Ohanka

Not to get too off topic, but I've always had questions about temperature data collected.

What kind of devices were used?
Were they the same types of devices used?
If not, were the variances studied?
Were the devices calibrated?
Who did the calibration?
If so, where is the documentation?
Were temperatures taken at the same time at the same location?
Were variances in location taken into consideration?

Hundres, may even touchin thousands now, but for this post I'll use the example of tree rings (certainly not subjcet to the most extreme cases in nature - but once everhyone is familiear with.

Threering counting, f-MRI, Mass Spectrosaocy, dendocronogoy

Thousands or universites and PhDs areound the world.

Maybe, maybe not but the first process in science is to eliminate variables to create accurate result,s - which is why trree ring scientific analysis is performed.

See above, variances are accounted for and are evedent on all graphs/data tables in scientific papers.

This is how the scientific method works, picking something abd hoping it must be true/atypical is what happened before the Enlightment

Well now that was touching on what i am seeing with inconsistent non scientific location of the probes for one Bastion. Not properly following setup and locational interference like that totally damage the validity of data.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Looks like a Mexican hairy groping caterpillar. They've been known to grope Mexican wallets and purses.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: yuppa

Ummm no. the gag orders were from THEIR OWN ORGANIZATIONS not TRUMP.

Spicer denies issuing gag orders

Oh of course they say that to save face.

NO, I too work in the field. The laws were not being followed by those groups ever since Daddy Bush to be honest on this matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: Jaellma

More reasons for Trump to deny your funding. YOu can't force Trump to do what you want. I guess you libs haven't learned. The only way to get him to hear is to kiss his a55. bwhahahah Too bad so sad. Now Global Warming alarmists have to find their own private funding like the rest of us.

Hey, even your beloved Donald can't piss oil. It's a finite resource, you know.

unless of course there's truth to the "abiotic oil" theory. then your premise that oil is "finite" becomes bunk.

Thermal Depolymerization

Great find, I have been hearing of this too. BUT I am of the opinion that taking the oil is causing the Earthquakes and would like to get off oil for that Hydrogen Car my University made in 1980'a that wins 1st prize EVERY time for alternative design. Al Gore was there when they built it and never, ever even acknowledged it exists, what a flaming Hypocrite that man is? I made sure he knew about it and he ignored me 100%. THEN i knew what was about to proceed with "oil", and that is a means to an end for those wanting to use it for a tax. H2 from water in a pond trumps gas from oil and would cause money issues for the existing power elite and we all can believe that.

www.youtube.com...

The real story is they are suppressing this tech for H2, watch that and tell me it is not possible with straight face.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: InTheLight

With enough power (from nuclear reactors) you can combine CO2 with water to make oil (or something close enough to it to burn).
www.smithsonianmag.com...

It's not practical. But it could mean that our carrier groups don't have to return to port for a long time.

AND..... not having to come to port in a wartime situation is priceless, so we can agree it is worth it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Justoneman

Are you guys ready for retirement? Don't care?

Getting close on the retirement but i certainly care very much. The truth is being stomped out in my time by the idiocracy of the left and the crazy pendulum swings of the right to be perfectly sincere. The truth as Phage might agree is often somewhere in the middle of these two sides and ignored a lot as far as I can tell if it pushes a false paradigm to do so. My formal education included how to think for myself as an individual. I see collective thinking that is much more 'mindless' than I like so I am trying to share what I know to help people see the truth, whatever it may be.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
Bah. I'm a scientist with a STEM PhD and 2 masters degrees all from top universities. I am well published and have dozens of patents to my name. Academia, even the STEM area is filled with a bunch of prima donna leftist asshats. They screen you for political correctness. It's all about the government feeding trough.

I thought that STEM was science education rather than pure science (physics, chemistry, astronomy, biology, anthropology, ,etc.) I would call someone with an Education PhD (an impressive feat) a doctor, certainly, but am struggling with the idea that they're a scientist. I know a few of both, and they're as different as cats and apples.

Never forget climate gate. A bunch of globalist paid researchers formed a cabal to push out all dissenting opinions from their journals and even stooped to falsifying data. This is quite common. Nothing is more opposed by so called scientists than a new, possibly disruptive idea, or an idea unpopular with your patrons. This has been going on since Pythagoras drowned his student for proving that the square root of 2 is irrational.

Pythagoras did not, in fact drown anyone - the discovery was made a century after his death and Pythagoras wasn't known for Force-Strangling through time-warping wormholes. At least, not that's been recorded.

We also have different views of "climategate"... I've seen the historical data from Botanical Research Institute of Texas and folk items such as plant logs and almanac annotations. I disagree with your assessment.

I'm having trouble seeing how anyone could form a worldwide cabal out of any group of scientists. Perhaps the chemists have developed some sort of mind-control gas (ala those cheesy spy movies of the 1970's)? I shall have to insist that the cabal hurry up and pay me that hush money.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The real story is they are suppressing this tech for H2, watch that and tell me it is not possible with straight face.

I wouldn't say the technology has been suppressed, it's more that it's not economically viable at todays energy costs. Pick up any lab catalog and you will find hydrogen generators. There needs to be infrastructure, networks of fueling stations, large scale H2 generating and compression plants....
edit on 28-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

STEM PhD.
Heh.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

STEM PhD.
Heh.

I looked it up. Hadn't heard of it, but yes it's a real thing and offered by some universities. I didn't find the top university that was mentioned; only smaller places, but that may be the inherent bias of my browser cookies.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

As a teaching credential I suppose it makes sense.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

(g) I wonder if we could get Lakoff to come up with some handy phrases... and the Game Theory geeks to do marketing. That'd be fun.

(I love game theory - they've got a course on it at a nearby university and one of these days I'll get around to taking it.)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Our president seems to think that game theory applies to economics and politics.

I don't think either have much to do with zero sums.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

As a teaching credential I suppose it makes sense.

Yep. And my friend and I are quite interested in it - participated in Moon Day here in Dallas and some other things. He loves working with kids, but I want to get grandparents invested in it.

(and this is way offtopic. I am hoping they'll announce a date soon.)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join