It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists planning massive march in DC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Ohanka

Not to get too off topic, but I've always had questions about temperature data collected.

What kind of devices were used?
Were they the same types of devices used?
If not, were the variances studied?
Were the devices calibrated?
Who did the calibration?
If so, where is the documentation?
Were temperatures taken at the same time at the same location?
Were variances in location taken into consideration?

BING BING BING!!!

That is my side right here. THIS is my field, collection and validation of data. If i tried some of the mess i have witnessed with placement of Probes my data would be declared invalid by the EPA upon the Technical Systems Audit. Data integrity is no small matter.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

And you are certain all of those people going to "these marches" are actual scientists?...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Political ideology was promoted through the veneer of science.

"Science is settled."
"Science is absolute."

Science is the new religion that shall not be blasphemed.

You should call it "pseudo-science is their new religion". Heck, even the 0.01% of water vapor which mankind is responsible for would cause more warming than the, what is it 0.04% anthropogenic CO2? (Remember that water vapor molecules are 10 times a more powerful ghg than CO2) These percentages are only best estimates. No one can tell you for certain, more so when there are so many variables and factors which affect the climate and are not being taken into account by the AGW brigade.

edit on 26-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Call it Climate Scientology? Written by Climate Scientologists?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma
so he put in place a gag order till he can go through and ferret out the climate nazis you know them morons who wanted it made a felony to disagree with there findings. can't say i blame him

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RightInThere

Sarcasm... do you speak it? DBcowboy was being sarcastic. I know you are new but stop trying to get one over on someone.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
I think made the move to call for media blackout on science after this picture got out:

...and I wouldn't be surprised to see them marching in the future.

I think this was the one that sent him over the edge:

Scientist Discovers Blonde Moth With Tiny Genitals Names New Species After Donald Trump

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Can't wait to see some of the on the ground news coverage of this. On the other hand I think it will be sad seeing some of the best and brightest this country has to offer running up and down the streets repeating baseless political memes.

You'd think the vast majority of these people would be too busy to attend, too important to take the time off and too intelligent to fall for the usual brainwashed foolery common of party politics.

Many work for government funded institutions and research.. If they can not change the direction this ship of state is headed many will be looking for jobs. Move now or lose to much for most to contemplate.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The REAL problem is going to be coming up with a catchy protest chant!
a reply to: Byrd

What do we want: Politicians using evidence based science
when do we want it: when we have a political system that isn't entirely corrupt.

not that catchy I agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
... and plenty of discussion over who will be finally named the superior captain, Kirk or Picard.

That's easy.
Hands down, Cpt. Mal is the clear winner.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Years ago, I saw this video & it still makes me think about how much truth may be in established science compared to what the raw data shows that may be affected by such varying factors like ideology, nuancing and political pressure and other factors. Over the years, we've been told 'the science is over' when it comes to subjects like global warming/climate change and the mainstream media and many leading scientists and varying experts have all but demonized anyone who would DARE to question what has been established as a consensus. Let's hope that doesn't remain an established practice. While I will admit I am no scientist, like anyone else who has a functioning, inquisitive mind, one should question things from time to time. If we do not, established authority will decide for us what is and is not acceptable and open for discussion. Human history is littered with such eras and ages so there's no need now should there ever be again, a return to such dangerously foolish perspectives. the science delusion

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A forest fire allows the growth of a new flourishing biome.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer Blood on my slide rule from tirelessly working long hours to save the planet.

I won't be marching as the march is too ill-defined for me and traipsing through DC is rather pointless. The administration sets the scope and tone of the R&D efforts and they will do it this time, too. When CO2 control was in vogue, scientists shifted over and did CO2 research. Whatever this administration deems important will get funded and scientists will follow the money.

I do still use a slide rule [Pickett log-log] for rough calculations and for light humor, I give it to my post-docs and ask them to solve a problem with it. One guy from a name brand school actually looked up how to use it and was amazed at the simplicity. He came back and explained the operating theory to me [in case I forgot it] and went off to play with it some more.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

It's simple they can reapply for their grants, if the research is that important most likely they'll get their money.

Detroit had 1000's of people getting paid for jobs that never existed, so a few years ago they made everyone come in for their paychecks personally, and verify their positions.

Guess what?

People had been getting paid for not even showing up, or some apparently were bogus accounts accruing money. Some teachers and workers had been getting paid for working, or retirement that never worked one day.

And guess again?

Detroit is actually starting to make a great come-back now.

edit on 27-1-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma>>>>Global warming is fake news and there appears to be a shift away from it by everyone. I think it was a sham and a smoke screen and its served its purpose and now its on to the next diversion. These scientists can march and get paid to do it, who gives a flying.....

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Any complaints from the LGBTQ community that they will not be adequately represented at the scientists march?

Indeed, there is an embarassingly low representation of Transgendered in the scientific community.

The establishment of scientists are homophobes

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"An American government that ignores science to pursue ideological agendas endangers the world.”

That should read.

"An government that hijacks science to pursue ideological agendas endangers the world.”

The NAZI's did that.

Will the real scientists please stand up ?

Not like you all can't still sit on your butts and say the 'science is settled' and bilk billions of tax payer money without no end.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is a reality check.
These PHD people from expensive universities like Harvard or Yale are into research academically, not making the products to sell for money. A PHD Chinese lady in her forties works for my husband who has only an undergraduate degree. Why? Well he motivates them to work, stay on budget, complete the task for business profit in a timely manner. She is always wanting to do things for research. The business is in the business of making products and selling for a profit. These PHD people are kind off in la la land. Several PHD people work for him. He saved his company over a few million dollars in cut backs one year.

The government needs to get under a business control in the next four years. Spending tax payers dollars on "What if?" research is not what I want my money spent on. Have you seen our roads, economy, infrastructure and school systems quality lately? My friend's son is in the army. Twice when he jumped out of an airplane his parachute didn't open like it should. The food the army eats is low in quality and the equipment is old.

link   
Here is a reality check.
These PHD people from expensive universities like Harvard or Yale are into research academically, not making the products to sell for money. A PHD Chinese lady in her forties works for my husband who has only an undergraduate degree. Why? Well he motivates them to work, stay on budget, complete the task for business profit in a timely manner. She is always wanting to do things for research. The business is in the business of making products and selling for a profit. These PHD people are kind off in la la land. Several PHD people work for him. He saved his company over a few million dollars in cut backs one year.

The government needs to get under a business control in the next four years. Spending tax payers dollars on "What if?" research is not what I want my money spent on. Have you seen our roads, economy, infrastructure and school systems quality lately? My friend's son is in the army. Twice when he jumped out of an airplane his parachute didn't open like it should. The food the army eats is low in quality and the equipment is old.

link   
Here is a reality check.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join