It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists planning massive march in DC

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

More reasons for Trump to deny your funding. YOu can't force Trump to do what you want. I guess you libs haven't learned. The only way to get him to hear is to kiss his a55. bwhahahah Too bad so sad. Now Global Warming alarmists have to find their own private funding like the rest of us.
edit on 27-1-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
For many years we have had temperature measurements going back millions of years - apparently all that data we used to have is no unreliable and we should only look at the last 150 years.

It's time to end the nonsense and get back to real science.

Already been done, the discovery of fire and it's widpread use eons ago caused very sigifincant warming (when natural were removed from data sets) -

Natural warming cooling cycles are also true and in a fine ballance - however what skpetics ignore is anthropogentic global warmins is a scietific fact and messes upe the warming cooling cycle.

To put it in the masic basic terms possible, are you aware of the fact carbon is black? Are you aware black ojects radiate more heat? Oppologies if patronising but there's no easier way to state the obious using phenomena everyone is familiar with.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

More reasons for Trump to deny your funding. YOu can't force Trump to do what you want. I guess you libs haven't learned. The only way to get him to hear is to kiss his a55. bwhahahah Too bad so sad. Now Global Warming alarmists have to find their own private funding like the rest of us.

Hey, even your beloved Donald can't piss oil. It's a finite resource, you know.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
Here is a reality check.
These PHD people from expensive universities like Harvard or Yale are into research academically, not making the products to sell for money. A PHD Chinese lady in her forties works for my husband who has only an undergraduate degree. Why? Well he motivates them to work, stay on budget, complete the task for business profit in a timely manner. She is always wanting to do things for research. The business is in the business of making products and selling for a profit.

Which is pretty much the point. When the government gets out of this, there will be no "research to help humankind." Only "research to make companies profitable."

You might like Option 2... I prefer Option 1.

Most scientists I know want Option 1.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: amfirst1

Hey, even your beloved Donald can't piss oil. It's a finite resource, you know.

Yeah, we should have run out of it by 2015 - well at least according to the experts in 1977.
In fact we have a history of people, including govt depts telling us that oil was going to run out in a matter of years.
Just more nonsense from experts, which we are having to live through again today. Just replace oil reserves with global temperatures and you have the same type of people telling the same type of BS lie.
Anything for a buck.

paleofuture.gizmodo.com...
edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

So, you think the govt looks out for yours and the planets interest. OK.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Bah. I'm a scientist with a STEM PhD and 2 masters degrees all from top universities. I am well published and have dozens of patents to my name. Academia, even the STEM area is filled with a bunch of prima donna leftist asshats. They screen you for political correctness. It's all about the government feeding trough.

Never forget climate gate. A bunch of globalist paid researchers formed a cabal to push out all dissenting opinions from their journals and even stooped to falsifying data. This is quite common. Nothing is more opposed by so called scientists than a new, possibly disruptive idea, or an idea unpopular with your patrons. This has been going on since Pythagoras drowned his student for proving that the square root of 2 is irrational.

Trump is going to make hard working engineers wealthy if you let him. The new tax laws and America first policies will be boon to business creation, which has taken a huge tailspin under Obama. For the last decade people have been duped into thinking that innovation equals a new social media company. Real science has stagnated or is locked up in classified programs.

Thank God for people like Elon Musk, but Renaissance men like him are few and far between and are generally punished by left leaning, God hating globalists like Obama.

Personally a good response by the Trump administration would be to fire all of the participants since they apparently are ungrateful for their jobs and are probably under-performing anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: FelisOrion
You know you done messed up when you got armies of scientists marching against you. Christ Donald, what are you doing?!

He's trying to crate 'Trump Science' ignore then deleate any scientific/peer-revied data that contradicts him, silince educated people who know what they're talking about and yuo can lie to the public about anything.

Sorry to hear about the massice cuts/abuse you guys are recieving will be at the solidarity marches in the UK.

Ummm no. the gag orders were from THEIR OWN ORGANIZATIONS not TRUMP.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Spicer denies issuing gag orders

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Are Bill Nye and NIel DeGrasse going to this shindig?

Neil: why dont you pick on a mind your own size... own size..
We got a bad azz over here plus i got your back Nye..
Astrophisics black guy... hayden planetary fly...
by the way the answer to your little question is "I" as in I put the swag back in science while isacc newton was lying and sticking daggers in liebenz. and hiding was up inside his attic on some harry potter business..
the universe is infinite but this battle is finished.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Oh of course they say that to save face.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Liberalism truly is a sick & twisted, irrational, paranoid mental disorder. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Better wear the lab coats...or I'm not taking you seriously. *sarcasm*

But seriously, wear lab coats.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: frugal
Here is a reality check.
These PHD people from expensive universities like Harvard or Yale are into research academically, not making the products to sell for money. A PHD Chinese lady in her forties works for my husband who has only an undergraduate degree. Why? Well he motivates them to work, stay on budget, complete the task for business profit in a timely manner. She is always wanting to do things for research. The business is in the business of making products and selling for a profit.

Which is pretty much the point. When the government gets out of this, there will be no "research to help humankind." Only "research to make companies profitable."

You might like Option 2... I prefer Option 1.

Most scientists I know want Option 1.

I'm a scientist. I like both option.

I'm a capitalist. I like money.

Funny thing is, option 2 is what leads to option 1.

Researching a product that makes money and benefits humanity is the best of all options. Plus it puts food on my kid's plate and gives him clothes and shoes. I'm a fan of that.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You know you done messed up when you got armies of scientists marching against you. Christ Donald, what are you doing?!

You know how the media ate going to spin this? It will be "The Million Mad Scientist March"

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is going to be great.

Personally, I'm picturing a sea of white lab coats, more pocket protectors in one square mile than china manufactures in a year and plenty of discussion over who will be finally named the superior captain, Kirk or Picard.

When scientists decide to break windows they don't throw rocks, they use sonic projection devices. I desperately need to see a nerd riot. It starts with a electromagnetic pulse shutting down D.C. and ends with some kind of giant blob rolling across the wh lawn. Revenge of the nerds 2017! I need this please.
edit on 27-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I doubt your credentials as a scientist.

While I am not a scientist myself, I have cause to employ them. What field of research are you in? Hypotheticaly..

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Spicer has told more willful lies from the podium in his first week than most Press Secretaries tell in their career.

He is the most dishonest angry muppet I have ever seen in the role..which is of course precisely why Trump chose him.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Not really. You have a bunch of self- righteous busy bodies that have nothing better to do than complain about something that is not only none of their business, but does not belong on a government web site anyway because NOBODY knows what global warming or climate change really is, or why it is happening. Perhaps, if they want a reason to march around, they could do it in the name of losing the weight put on by sitting in front of the computer with beer and pizza, and tweeting themselves to death.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Ok, folks, this is actually heating up and will be huge. After the huge turnout from the Women's march, which attracted north of 1 million marchers, scientists are now planning their own march on DC.

As a degreed engineer myself, I will definitely be in this march, come hell or high water. The new government is going overboard with their antics, funds are being slashed, important topics are being deleted from their websites. These things must not be tolerated.

Plans for the march comes after President Donald Trump’s administration deleted climate change references from the White House website (Trump has previously said global warming is a hoax.) His transition team for the Environmental Protection Agency are reportedly planning massive cuts at the agency and ending funding for scientific research. His administration also recently barred the Environmental Protection Agency from posting social media updates and speaking to the press.

“Slashing funding and restricting scientists from communicating their findings (from tax-funded research!) with the public is absurd and cannot be allowed to stand as policy,” said organizers in a post on Jan. 21. “An American government that ignores science to pursue ideological agendas endangers the world.”

Scientists and activists planning march in DC

Let's be honest, I'll wait to see "millions'" marching on TV. With baited breath.

Denny

edit on 27-1-2017 by DaCook because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join