It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Let's just hope his promise of 'universal healthcare' is just placating the left.

He did not really promise "universal healthcare."

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

www.washingtonpost.com... .88c4ac8718fb

He's somewhat vague on what that means and how it would work.

edit on 1/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'd definitely give Hillary a chance. I didn't give obama one. But the reason I didn't give obama one was because I didn't know who he was and his stated positions were extremist. Hillary tried to state extremist positions but we all know she'd have been a centrist. She would have been 10x the president obama has been.

The reason reps were rewarded for their attacks on the obama agenda was because the obama agenda was bad for america. Your opposition to trump will not be met with such rewards unless trump is doing unpopular things (like ramming HC legislation through with no opposition support).

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We'll know for sure when the legislation comes out.

This time, let us all read it very carefully. Preferably before passing it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This time, let us all read it very carefully. Preferably before passing it.
The Republicans in Congress will write it. It doesn't matter what it says. They will also pass it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Massive opposition would have a slight chance of swaying them otherwise.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Opposition in the form millions of people losing coverage is what is keeping them from dumping the ACA.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Opposition in the form millions of people losing coverage is what is keeping them from dumping the ACA.

Just need more to convince them.

Benjamin Franklin — 'When the people find that they can vote themselves money(free stuff) that will herald the end of the republic.

link   
Maybe ACA policies can be traded in for new policies.

Like Cash-for-Klunkers.

link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm not sure if you realize this, but you're contradicting yourself a lot in your post. Rather than pick it apart point for point, I'll just ask you to reread it and look at it from my perspective.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ben did not say that.
fakefoundersquotes.tumblr.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Regardless, government subsidies is the cause of the sky-rocketing insurance prices. Addressing the cause of the problem, rather than achieving the totalitarian goals of it, is priority.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Regardless, government subsidies is the cause of the sky-rocketing insurance prices.

Huh. I seem to recall premiums rising well before the ACA took effect.

It's not the subsidies which caused the recent spike, btw. It's mostly the fact that carriers left some markets because they were losing money because claims were much greater than anticipated. Not sure how the GOP is going to fix that.
healthcare.mckinsey.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Subsidies began way before the ACA.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

For medical insurance? No, I don't think so. Or are you talking about Medicaid and Medicare? Should we do away with them?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

For medical insurance? No, I don't think so. Or are you talking about Medicaid and Medicare? Should we do away with them?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Let old people rot.
They're gonna die anyway.

Death panels?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You're right. There were subsidies sent to some insurance companies, to help defray costs of insuring the sickest enrollees in state high-risk pools. Here in Illinois, Blue Cross got that subsidy.

But even then, the premium of $1,100 a month for a 60 year old was out of reach of most people. Obamacare just brought more expensive "cookie-cutter, one size fits all" mandates to the industry. Making costs skyrocket faster than ever.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Let old people rot.
They're gonna die anyway.

Death panels?

No, individuals have a choice to plan ahead.

The conclusion will be reached by a government controlled health industry. Death panels will be implemented under this type of healthcare. People won't have the choice then.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No, individuals have a choice to plan ahead.

Right. While spending on rent/food/college/medical insurance. Oh wait, if they have a pre-existing condition they couldn't get medical insurance so they would have to spend all the money they've saved just to stay alive.

Let 'em rot.

Death panels will be implemented under this type of healthcare.
You're a fan of Sarah Palin? She's the one who came up with that nonsense you know.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Actually I'm not. I see what you're saying though. You think trump's agenda is bad for America. Fortunately it's not. Trumps agenda IS America. The ideology of the left has been rejected on every level. There are still a few fine points left but not enough to justify being a national party. Most of America believes in freedom, god, and guns. The left is against all three in nearly every policy.

Until you realize that it's the agenda of the left that's been rebuked, you'll continue to not understand why defying trump's agenda (as he laid out in his campaign) is a failing proposition. There's a reason Obama is popular but everyone else in the democratic party has suffered.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join