It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust
Yes. It is expensive.
What does that have to do with the fact that Hawaii does not have universal health coverage?

Do you think everyone there should have Universal Medical Coverage? Wouldn't that make Hawaii even more expensive to live?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think universal medical coverage is a wonderful concept. Implementation is another matter however and the state of Hawaii can ill afford it on its own.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In my first job fresh out of college, I had a boss (owner of the small consultancy) who used to say all the time:

"Ideas are cheap. Implementation is expensive"

I have no idea if he appropriated it from somewhere else, and frankly I didn't care.

Since he was 100% correct.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
What has Trump done? He's not the one putting this plan onto paper, his lawyers and legal team are and I guarantee you they're in the insurance companies' pockets just like Obama's people were.

Let's see what the plan says before we start calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread. For all we know it's not going to be any better than Obamacare, but then again it might be good. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch though, that usually just leads to disappointment.

The eggs I buy are not capable of making a chicken because they have been refrigerated. I count on buying chickens at the store.

Obamacare isn't working, the price is rising too fast. Socialized healthcare should be the way we go but it appears it will never happen. Too much money to be made off of sick people and too many brainwashed people who believe socialized medicine is inferior. I wonder how the Pharma and medical industries pulled that deception off, I know people who live in Canada and in Europe and they have good healthcare. Here you have to go to the doctors two or three times before they do anything.
in China they wait till right before the chick hatches to suck it out the shell. Not sure how you count that.

Trump was doing more as a candidate then some presidents did in a year. Plural, as in more than one.

He didn't DO anything. He talked a lot, he said a lot of words, made a lot of promises
yeah, I know, he sat in his tower and talked.
Get with it, please.

Please ,tell me what he did for the country more than the last three presidents? Examples

I still can not look at him as anything but a conman.

However he is already killing the tpp and he exposed the blatant propoganda news organizations to the masses, and he hasnt been potus for a day.

That increased my .001% of hope for him a notch and puts him ahead of the last couple potus in my book.
edit on 48131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 22:48:13 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: gmoneystunt

If he doesn't get rid of the mandate then anything he does is moot.

You can't have insurance for everyone without a mandate.

Unless it's single payer.

Take your pick.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Then people should be responsible for themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah.

Old folk.
Disabled folk.
Folk with debilitating and chronic disease.

If not, let 'em die. What good are they anyhow?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yeah.

Old folk.
Disabled folk.
Folk with debilitating and chronic disease.

If not, let 'em die. What good are they anyhow?

If you're going to go to extremes, you forgot ugly people and ones that simply piss me off.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Are being ugly and pissing you off matters of public health?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Are being ugly and pissing you off matters of public health?

Nope.

And your health is none of my business either.

It is yours.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So, you just don't give a damn about anyone but yourself. Awesome.

I hope you don't loose your medical insurance. You have medical insurance, don't you?
If you don't I hope you don't need medical care. Ever.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

So, you just don't give a damn about anyone but yourself. Awesome.

I hope you don't loose your medical insurance. You have medical insurance, don't you?
If you don't I hope you don't need medical care. Ever.

Harsh.

I guess you support mandated brothers keeper.

I don't.

I prefer freedom and all the risks associated with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I guess you support mandated brothers keeper.

No. Unless my "brother" is a total dick and screws with me or others he can do as he likes.

I do think that an overall healthy population is better for me than one which is not.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I think universal medical coverage is a wonderful concept. Implementation is another matter however and the state of Hawaii can ill afford it on its own.

Everything takes time... the implementation is less hard on the government, much more hard on the mindset of the public and the medical establishment.

I live under universal healthcare and have been for 37 years now... IT'S GREAT! I pay for it through the general taxes. There are no hidden costs and I can go to the doctos as many times as needed. Since christmas in fact I've been to the doctors 4 times and am now starting a longer examination / treatment at the region hospital because I have something that feels like pneumonia on my left lung......... I haven't paid a single dime for all this (or you could say... I already paid for it)

There are no limitations what so ever.

People who suffer from cancer get 100% free treatment for as long as needed or as long as their body still reacts to the treatment. This is regardless wether you are homeless, withtout a job, hardworking middles class or fat cat high society.

I wouldn't live without it.

So... forget about the implementation issues. The end result is too valuable to say no to.... in fact if a person is against public universal healthcare, I'd go as far as saying him or her hate other people.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I do think that an overall healthy population is better for me than one which is not.

Well then start removing those pesky freedoms that allow people to become unhealthy!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well then start removing those pesky freedoms that allow people to become unhealthy!

Freedom causes disease?
You made that up, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Choice has consequences.

Do you want to remove choice?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

Then people should be responsible for themselves.

You're missing the point.

Trump said there would be insurance for everybody. There is no way for him to keep that promise without a mandate.

Or single payer.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Choice has consequences.

Do you want to remove choice?

No.
Case in point with the "mandate." You can choose not to have medical insurance.
Case in point, you can choose to not have your children vaccinated.

Both have consequences.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

That's like saying you have free speech in North Korea, you just have to suffer the consequences.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join