It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Un-Merry Christmas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hiya Krazy,

Whilst it's a statistical myth, it's still a time of year that can be seen as a mile-stone. Not so much a Christmas thing as a mid-winter with New Year round the corner thing.

I'm speaking from experience here which doesn't overrule the stats, but hopefully adds a context to the outliers who flirt with suicide at this time of year.

On average, the charity receives 22,000 to 26,000 calls a month, which rises to between 28,000 and 30,000 at Christmas. Most callers are people experiencing relationship difficulties or people lonely and depressed through a lack of family support exacerbated at holiday time. Some are people in financial difficulty following the Christmas splurge.
Link

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
a reply to: neformore

I feel you. Believe me. I do.

But as platitude-like and quaint as it may sound... I strongly believe the more division there is, the more we must respond with determined love and unyielding hope. If we don't, then the madness wins and the thing wearying us only gets stronger.

I hope you'll stick around. I believe we need your voice.

Also, Blessed Solstice today to all those who celebrate it!

Peace.

Great reply! Blessed Solstice to you!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Enjoy your Holidays as well!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you, that certainly makes a lot of sense!

I hope that those who are having a hard time on Christmas eve or Christmas day can come together in here, keep each other company. Have a nice little party together or at least help to lift each other's spirits. I will be probably pop in here in the Morning and then late afternoon sometime and into the night.

We can sit by our imaginary fireplace all snug and warm, unless you're from a warmer climate, then you can have air conditioning. We can share a meal and drinks and yummy snacks. I can even bring over the pixies, faeries, dragons and other beings and creatures from the Shed to join us. They can be quite amusing. Just a thought. Or we can sit together and honor the memories of those we lost, those we miss or wish we could be with.

In any case, no one has to be truly alone.

Alright, who tried putting the baby dragon in a Christmas box? Actually, I think he likes it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop this in here for my Mom and Dad who I miss and love very much!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I may have mentioned this last year but my dad passed early Christmas morning of 2013 sometime between 2 AM and 9 AM. I was with him in his home for the last days of his life out in Ohio as he transitioned. That was an absolutely brutal time for me but thank God for hospice. It took a lot out of me and I still haven't recuperated. I don't think I ever will.

I invoked and prayed to the Angelic realm on Christmas Eve and his home was filled with their presence. I was asking for protection for him as he left this reality. It was amazing. My dad told me he'd be gone on Christmas Eve but he was a little bit late. He kept talking about this dot above him for the last few days which he had to pass through when he left his body. The dot kept moving and he was trying to hone in on it. His third eye had opened and he was seeing all sorts of things. He could also read my mind at that point. He was trying to get permission to leave so as not to put me through any more hardship than was necessary.

Bless you, Night Star.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing! I wish you a peaceful and blessed Christmas tweetie! We will always have our precious memories to treasure.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You rule! And are one of the bestest here on ATS! The over-hyped BS of Christmas does nobody any good.

I believe we, in the end, love each other here on ATS but last year has been trying.

Thanks for being a beacon in sea of darkness!

Merry Solstice and Christmas too!

Love,

TEOT

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, we do love each other here on ATS. I have even seen people who don't normally get along, come together in forgiveness, kindness and compassion. It's beautiful to see.

Many here have been a beacon of light in the darkness and like a ripple, the light and love spreads and reaches out into the world.

Merry Christmas and Solstice to you with love!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Last Christmas there was awful flooding.
My former sister in law began cooking dinner that morning in anticipation of a visit from her granddaughter.
She walked toward the swollen creek flowing behind her home and was swept away.

Her body was discovered 5 days later, along the banks of the Tennessee River, by her brother It really was a miraculous thing.
Had the brush not reached out and grabbed her as she floated past, her body may not have been found for years...or if ever.

Her family had closure. I hope for her three sons to find peace and her granddaughter to know what a wonderful and loving person she was through our stories and memories.

I hope for everyone who may be struggling to find peace and calm this season. We carry the light of those we miss in our hearts, don't we NIght Star?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Night I left a silly picture on the first page meaning to be lighthearted and cute....but this thread isn't lighthearted and cute. It is honest and soul searching. You have such a sweet kind soul and it is amazing how you can bring comfort to so many! Here is a little Christmas poem about those we've lost...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Of course, and anyone flirting with the idea of suicide or has depression should definitely seek help. Just trying to take a little of the media created gloom out of the season for a change.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

On Christmas Eve, Coast to Coast does a special. I don't know if they will be doing it again this year but Rosemary Ellen Guiley was on in 2013 (and Christmas Eve's after) and I heard a lot of radio ads for the upcoming show that year. I was up late a lot as my dad lay dying to this world in the living room so I often listened to Coast as a distraction and for company. She was going to talk about the Angelic Kingdom; one of her many subjects of decades of research and study. She even has a book on the Angelic Kingdom which I recently purchased.

The statement which stuck with me from the ads and from that night's show was, "The Gates of Heaven are open [a little bit] wider on Christmas."

I don't know the origin of that statement but it was compelling for me at that time. I've always wondered about people who pass on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day because forever afterward that time will be associated with such and such person's passing.

My dad was pretty much a bah humbug person on Christmas for years because he would always say Christmas was for kids so as to why he chose that time is kind of a mystery to me. He was somewhat religious all of his life due to his mother's influence but not overbearingly so.

The light must have been streaming from his home that night as it filled with Angelic presence. I couldn't see it but I sure did feel it. I kept having chills run up and down my spine and felt the fullness of energy pervading inside and outside of his home. It was an ecstatic feeling.
edit on 22-12-2016 by tweetie because: added a phrase.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I will look out for that episode, thank you.

What an interesting and beautiful post.

Thank you for sharing that.

The light must have been streaming from his home that night as it filled with Angelic presence. I couldn't see it but I sure did feel it. I kept having chills run up and down my spine and felt the fullness of energy pervading inside and outside of his home. It was an ecstatic feeling.

Beautiful.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you for sharing this with us Chirp! So tragic for the family. At least they had closure and don't have to spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened to her. Now they have a beautiful little Angel in heaven.

We do indeed carry the light of those we miss in our hearts. Beautiful picture and wishes! Wishing you much love at Christmas and always!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It's ok to be lighthearted and cute. Some folks may need that, something to make them smile.

Thank you for the lovely poem! You too have brought comfort to many just by being you Jess! Much love to you and Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Such a sad story about your losing your Dad on Christmas Sweetie!

You know, I was listening just last night about a woman from Ireland talking about Angels. There were different videos on youtube. I wasn't even looking for anything on Angels at the time. It can be rather inspiring.

I think it is amazingly beautiful that you felt the Angelic presence when your Father died. Love and peace to you!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure about posting this, especially in this thread, but it may give comfort to someone.

I had a fall a few weeks ago, nothing major, when I was carrying a parcel up the hall. I'd got a bit dizzy when I bent down to pick it up and it was a bit heavy so I fell over.

I haven't been too well and found it impossible to pick myself up off the floor so I was lying there not knowing what to do with myself when my stern inner voice piped up 'call on anything you can think of that's holy'. Amazingly, what with me being a complete heathen, the vision that popped up was of angels. Well, I'm not proud, I just asked for help.

After that I managed to get to my knees and crawl to bed and somehow heaved myself in.

I do believe there are powers in the Universe which we each visualise in our own way and, on that occasion, they appeared as angels for me.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Thanks for sharing your story with us Berenike!

I sure hope you are feeling better now from your fall.

Ah, the universe, what untold mysteries may be out there I wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join