It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Un-Merry Christmas?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

There are many people who will either be alone, are going through a tough time or just not looking forward to Christmas for whatever reason. You can come here and unite with others who may be experiencing something similar or just to give some love and compassion for your fellow ATS members/family.

Yes indeed! Let's wish all of us the best for Christmas and New Year.

It's been a tough old year for a few members hasn't it?! Woodwardjnr and BlupBlup have passed and their absence will be felt by members who were very close to them in RL. A few Christmas day dinner tables will be a little bit quieter. On the bright side of this was the way ATSers showed so much warmth and positivity.

Mentioning no names - we've got a great guy dealing with a wayward daughter and another one homeless in Colorado. Someone else has just seen a light at the end of a dark tunnel and won't be homeless this Christmas. A staffer had to spend a long time in hospital and was touch-and-go for a while. Yes, even the staff go through the mill. Some members are overcoming chronic pain and at least two are dealing with the after-effects of stroke.

We all of us sometimes forget how the avatars and comments are from real folk with real lives.

A few people will be glad to put 2016 behind them and 2017 will be a fresh start to keep running up that hill.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Then perhaps those who pray and are into sending remote healing energy can make a "pool" available for members who wish to tap into it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Then perhaps those who pray and are into sending remote healing energy can make a "pool" available for members who wish to tap into it.

Not my kind of thing although many here regularly send prayers and positive thoughts. Perhaps a thread will bring them out?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The ATS bakeoff is nearly done. Chrissy cookies and cake always comfort the soul (whiskey bomb cake below helps)

To Mrs K____, On Her Sending Me an English Christmas Plum-Cake at Paris Related Poem Content Details
BY HELEN MARIA WILLIAMS
What crowding thoughts around me wake,
What marvels in a Christmas-cake!
Ah say, what strange enchantment dwells
Enclosed within its odorous cells?
Is there no small magician bound
Encrusted in its snowy round?
For magic surely lurks in this,
A cake that tells of vanished bliss;
A cake that conjures up to view
The early scenes, when life was new;
When memory knew no sorrows past,
And hope believed in joys that last! —
Mysterious cake, whose folds contain
Life’s calendar of bliss and pain;
That speaks of friends for ever fled,
And wakes the tears I love to shed.
Oft shall I breathe her cherished name
From whose fair hand the offering came:
For she recalls the artless smile
Of nymphs that deck my native isle;
Of beauty that we love to trace,
Allied with tender, modest grace;
Of those who, while abroad they roam,
Retain each charm that gladdens home,
And whose dear friendships can impart
A Christmas banquet for the heart!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I for one know that many people like to spend the holidays with relatives for what ever reason and that's all fine and everything. I'm gonna try and avoid spending time or visiting relatives this Christmas,I only really would want to spend time on Christmas with my own direct family, I really don't like my relatives much, I see them as somewhat needy, free loaders, arrogant and two faced, never really got along with most of my cousins and I don't need them anyway. I avoided being around them on thanksgiving and have no regrets about it and same for New Years coming up. Basically if your alone for the holidays all I'm trying to say is, just try and enjoy the holidays in your enjoyable way and relax, roll up a nice blunt if you choose and chill lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thank you, Night Star, for your thoughtfulness. I'd like to wish you in return, and all ATS, love, peace and a very Merry Christmas no matter how you celebrate it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What a beautiful post Kandinsky! It has been a very difficult and sad year for so many. I hope that whoever could use a thread like this finds their way here.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

You might like this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or...you can start a similar thread. I'll show up in there.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Awesome cookies, cake and poem! Wow!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: powertec120

True, not all families get along. Spend Christmas the way that you would enjoy spending it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Leanansidhe

Thank you Sweetie! Merry Christmas to you!

Stole that pic from TNmockinbird. Sorry Chirp, I couldn't resist!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Merry Christmas Nighstar

I'm not a big fan of Christmas but I'm not ( for once) feeling low this year. I'm ok. I like the 26th, when it's over!

Christmas can be really tough on those going through a bad time. Or to those who've lost loved ones around this time.

Peace and love to all.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

So very true! Thanks for stopping by Hun!

Peace and love to you as well!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

To you and yours.... And to everyone who happens to come by this thread.

I think x-mas is a pain in da b*** with all the crazy people running around, so since my better half already was scheduled to work over x-mas, I decided to take a colleagues x-mas shift, so she can be home with the new wife and their kids....

So have a good one everybody. Be well and safe...
Bobby

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Hi Bobby! Sorry you and your wife have to work on Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You know, usually I start a topic like this at this time of year.

But this year, given all of the partisanship I've seen, I simply couldn't, and was not going to.

I've seen stuff written this year that has made me not want to be part of this community, and considering the time I've spent here, and the things I've done for and with ATS, that is saying a lot.

Kudos to you Night Star for having the heart to do it, and I hope that it goes some way to healing the massive divides that have been created in 2016. I hope you have a Happy Christmas and a peaceful and blessed 2017.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

As in life, everyone has to meet the consequences of their activity online somehow, someway and what kind of energy they create. Words and intent have power.

Do unto others...

Peace be with you! Thank you for making your thoughts known.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I hope you always remain a part of this community Neff. I know it can get crazy on the boards and the site hasn't quite been the same for a while, but there are still many amazingly wonderful people here. I'm sure you know that and that is why you stay.

Merry Christmas to you Hun and a peaceful and wonder New Year!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I feel you. Believe me. I do.

But as platitude-like and quaint as it may sound... I strongly believe the more division there is, the more we must respond with determined love and unyielding hope. If we don't, then the madness wins and the thing wearying us only gets stronger.

I hope you'll stick around. I believe we need your voice.

Also, Blessed Solstice today to all those who celebrate it!

Peace.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Always a good time to deny some ignorance, so I'll leave this here as I'm sure a lot don't realize this.

Contrary to popular belief suicides don't spike during the holidays

Enjoy your holidays!

edit on 21-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join