It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Un-Merry Christmas?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There are many people who will either be alone, are going through a tough time or just not looking forward to Christmas for whatever reason. You can come here and unite with others who may be experiencing something similar or just to give some love and compassion for your fellow ATS members/family.

Life isn't always rainbows and lollipops and I get that. I would like to wish you all peace and love at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Many will try to find joy in material gifts. Those who think joy is measured with gold are mere fools.

Joy exists regardless of material fulfillment or even of number of people. Joy is an intrinsic properties inside your own soul, it's your birthright, and you can summon it at any moment.

Pity the Shadow. For we are the rainbow, each one of us. Our mere existence is precious and awesome in itself, our mere kindness is enough to defeat darkness and make a mark all throughout Time itself.

This is our true gift, this is the true spirit of Christmas.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't call myself Christian but even I find this a time for family,counting ones blessings and introspection and reflection so being politically incorrect MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Must agree, all that Glitter is not gold. Christmas has become way too comercial. The season puts too much pressure on people to buy gifts and I know people who get depressed at Christmas. It should be a time of Joy. Merry Christmas all

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Maybe ATS should schedule an Office XMAS Party!
We can all get drunk, flirt...have secret Santas....post Xerox's of our butts...

edit on 17-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
IAMTAT

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread early.. NOT looking at any xerox butts...

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone..

*exits before the 2016 butt fiasco starts*

blend57

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I really get annoyed with people who go after other people for enjoying getting gifts for Christmas almost as much as I hate people who try to stop me from enjoying Christmas and saying CHRISTMAS. Personally I get the whole putting yourself in debt for trinkets and toys being a ridiculous idea that some might say is a modern day issue and personally I enjoy being given books, I know a little old fashioned for some and I couldn't care if they cost pennies or ten quid as long as they're science fiction or Christmas related (Christmas Carol and it's many versions are always a winner) but when people say things like "Oh you only like Christmas because of the presents. How materialistic of you" or something like that I always feel sorry for the person, that they have to try to show themselves as your better or better than another person.

Look I get it. You want it known that you don't enjoy Christmas for the gifts but the feeling and the promise of peace etc. and apart from the books I am exactly the same, I earn very little, live at home and have to depend on my parents to help me out with bills and taking care of my dog if I'm short (and when I say little, I'd earn more on benefits and entitlements than working but I was brought up to earn what you have) but sadly that isn't Christmas for the majority of the world anymore and you know that's fine.

Celebrate Christmas how you see fit. You want to receive one of those "A donation has been made in your honour" cards then I hope you get many and I truly hope you get what you want from them, if you want nothing then the same can be said and I hope that it is great for you (I know that sounds sarcastic but I don't mean it to) my advice to you is simply to enjoy Christmas and everything that goes with it, the feelings, the movies and specials in your way and let others do the same. I live by the same rule as I do with religion, until it harms me in some way either physically or mentally then you celebrate your religion (or Christmas in this case) as you wish and I'll do mine.

I just don't get what people who say this get out of it other than a self infused ego boost. Some, if not all of this will sound sarcastic or mean or like I'm having a moan and I don't mean it to. I'm just tired of people telling others how to enjoy their holidays. I really don't mean to sound rude.

But still, have a Merry/Happy Christmas and a kick a** new year.

edit on 17-12-2016 by Dwoodward85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
IAMTAT

blend57

Awwww...C'mon...Where's your Christmas Spirit?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: blend57
IAMTAT

blend57

Awwww...C'mon...Where's your Christmas Spirit?

Fine...

peer pressure is a b*tch..

*walks off grumbling...*

edit on 17-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Christmas is a time for lightness to enter into everyone's life.

If nothing else, ATS can let a bit of that light into your life, it's a great community, with some of the World's kindest souls as members.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's easy for people to compare themselves to the Christmas card image of what Christmas should be.
But the commercial or even fanciful image created by society is not what the season has to mean to the individual.
I don't mean to preach to anyone but here is a nice summary.

And if that was too subtle this is perhaps the best summary of Christmas by a cartoon.

Merry Christmas Atsers however or whoever or wherever you are.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I always loved Christmas and still do. I know my Christmas will be lovely. I made this thread for those who may be lonely and have no family or friends to share their Holiday with. I made this for those who may be suffering in some way, maybe fighting for their life or one of their family members may be. I made this for people who may be struggling or suffering or depressed for whatever their reason. I made this thread for those who may need it.

I made this thread so that people could come here with some love and support. I myself don't see anything wrong with giving or receiving gifts. People don't have to spend a fortune, they can even make gifts if they choose to. To me Christmas is about family and friends and love and getting together with them. Yes, we exchange gifts and enjoy that and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't understand why I am under attack in here.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

edit on 12/17/2016 by Martin75 because: I hope this is ok....it IS Christmas

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sometimes we can make things worse for ourselves.

My ex-boss could be extremely generous but she always had to insist that I had presents 'to open' on Christmas morning and stuck me with a right load of tat that I couldn't refuse since it was all in Christmas wrapping paper, including an old candlestick she'd had in her living room for months on end.

She outdid herself, though, when she wrapped up several (broken) potato chips along with lots of crumbs. All tastefully screwed up in an old cellophane bag. Imagine how I felt opening that on Christmas morning. My delight knew no beginnings.

In fact, I was going to have a little Christmas rant about it here as it still rankled after more than a decade. But then, as I was composing my complaint over the last few days, a sudden thought struck me. Perhaps not sudden enough considering all the angst:

I bet those were intended for my rats.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Very nice, Night
I always like to wish people a Merry Christmas who are unfortunate or unable to spend it with relatives myself. I am lucky because I will be with family this year. Friends and family are what it is about and when you are alone it is a tough season to get through. But there is always something to celebrate, even if it's some eggnog and your favourite TV show. Hey, it's something

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Merry Christmas Night Star. You are not only Santa's favorite Elf...you're ATS' as well!

I love how you are so thoughtful.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I will be alone this year... but I'm making the most of it

I refuse to be sad and feeling alone.
I have made a lovely batch of atholl brose, all for me!
I intend to make a lovely sherry-infused trifle, all for meee!
I will probably be sitting on ATS all day, under the influence.

Uh oh.

I promise no butt xeroxes though. However.... I do have a scanner sitting over there and a little devil sitting on my shoulder whispering silly things into my ear.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm going to be away from someone this year. And I really miss them.

But I know that if you have love in your heart, it will always find it's way to where it belongs.

Sometimes it's not what you get. But what you give.

Merry Christmas to all the good people at ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

IAMTAT, thank you for the kind words! Hugs!

Kaelci I will be there with you in spirit. Save some of that booze for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join