It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Un-Merry Christmas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I'm sorry you will be away from someone you are missing Kat. You always have love in your heart Sweetie!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you, Night Star! It's comforting to know there is a place here. You are the kindest hostess ever.

My Grandma passed this year, and I know it's going to be a hard Christmas for my Dad and his siblings. We all miss her no-BS view of the world, but our missing her is nothing compared to theirs, I know.

You are one of the sweetest people on Earth, and I hope the best for you, in this Season and always!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. This will only be our second Christmas without my Mom. Still kind of new for us all, and 9 years now without my Dad. They both loved Christmas and would want us all to enjoy it and we do. I have the cutest pic of my Mom and Dad both wearing reindeer antlers and a red Rudolph nose. LOL! I bring it out every Christmas and smile every year when I see that.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanksgiving is the time that we usually have our family reunion. This frees up family to participate in their own individual Christmas traditions. This year for a huge variety of reasons, only a handful of my humongous family could make it, so we invited everyone we knew that had no family locally or no family at all, to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. It went amazingly well. In fact it went so well that we decided to repeat it for Christmas.

I feel so honored and humbled to have so many people that want to have Christmas dinner with us. The word was sent out that all that have no place to go for Christmas are welcome. I am still getting calls from people that want to come. My numbers are up to 45 at this point and may go as high as 60 or more. The largest number of folk I have entertained at my house was around 75, that was including the children in the count.

The kids love coming out to the country. They love that they actually have to go over the river and through the woods to get to grandma's house. They love interacting with the horses, cows, goats, chickens and turkeys. They think of it is a cross between being at a park, a petting zoo, the lake, and the woods. There is just so much to do outside, that they actually forget about their video games and TV most of the time they are here.

As Night Star states, "life isn't always rainbows and lollipops, I can surely attest to that, as I am going through some really tough times right now myself. In fact, I doubt I will even be in my home come this time next year, so I hope this will be a joyous and memorable Christmas, that will be shared with family, friends, friends of friends, friends of family, and those that just don't want to be alone or want a good meal.

This really is my favorite time of year, because it is a time that people share the joy of just being in the company of others. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and I hope the New Year will come with happiness and blessing that will carry us throughout the year to come. Though life is sure to also come with hardships, some pain, and some suffering, may we remain strong and courageous through our trials in life.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I got that I really did and don't think that my rather long winded response was aimed at you personally but more of the crack that finally broke the damn. I've had at least a month of people talking about how Christmas isn't Christmas anymore or that Christmas is only enjoyable when you have children and that presents and the like, are destroying Christmas so I think it was more about the belief that if you enjoy getting presents and stuff for Christmas it meant you were doing it correctly. It honestly wasn't about you or an attack on the people who are alone at Christmas, I've spent a couple on my own and while I put a brave face on it and told people "Yeah I'm fine. I get to do it my way" it was really just a mask to the boredom so yh it was an attack on the idea that if you enjoy getting gifts you have the wrong message for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Awwww, what a beautiful soul! It sounds like you will have a busy and lovely Christmas. I hope you are somehow able to keep your home Hun. My Husband and I thought we would have to move last year, but we got lucky. You never know. Merry Christmas to you and all our ATS family as well!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the positive energy in your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Oh. God, I love Christmas myself even though it is different with family members missing or ill. Since you replied to me, I of course took it personally. Glad we cleared that up. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

Is that wood, bronze or chocolate? If it's chocolate, I'm eating that thing right now!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thank-you Night Star, I was hoping someone would create a topic like this that resonated. (This is the kind of topic I tried to create the other day, but I don't think it went over very well lol.)

Indeed, this time of year can be tough for many, for myriad reasons. For what it's worth, warm virtual *hugs* to all for whom that is true.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It's copper. Just a practice piece. I am learning jewellery making.

Chocolate seems a fine idea though.

Best Wishes...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm expecting a complex multi-state, split-family, annoying, irritating Christmas with relatives not seen in years.

So I will be drunk, my usual pleasant self, and try not to emulate Hannibal Lector at a police convention.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Thank you, sweet soul. Sending love and light right back to you. Blessed Be.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Oh my goodness, that picture has me in stitches.

I have a hawk that I do battle with every time I feed the fish in my pond. The fish go into a frenzy near the top of the water, fighting over the food pellets I give them.

The hawk thinks he should be able to grab a couple, you know, easy pickens. I stave him off with a palm frond, telling him, "No!" "You have to earn your catch!" He gets upset with me and tries to dive bomb me. It really is a funny sight to see.

I guess since it is Christmas I should offer an olive branch to my hawk, and just let him take a fish. Now that you have made me feel guilty.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Oh, Nightstar, I totally appreciate your thread about Christmas not always being postcard perfect for everyone.

I know so many that this season reminds them of those they miss terribly and those who know this is their last Christmas with a loved one. And there are those who don't have family and friends and parties and gifts.

There are probably many, many ATSers who fit that bill; truth be told.

Thank you for that reminder. I know your wish would be for each of us to find peace any way we can and that is doesn't mean just expensive gifts and major parties and that if the holidays arn't your favorite you shouldn't feel alone-there are those at ATS that understand. Thanks for at least speaking that sentiment-I am sure it was appropriate for many here just to read the words.

I so appreciate your sensitivity for others that cannot experience extreme happiness at this time. And they doesn't make you weird or not normal.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
whether fortunate or unfortunate, alone or not, the blessings are there for everybody in abundance. just need to look with the right kind of attitude !

with that i wish everybody lots of love and plenty to share around to be happy

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Aww, thanks AceWombat!

draoicht, I didn't know you made that lovely piece! Wow, very impressive!

DBcowboy, that cracked me up! LOL

Tigertatzen, thanks Sweetie for stopping by and your kind words!

NightSkyB4Dawn, That made me laugh! I love hawks, but I love fish too, hate to see any fish get eaten, but I guess the beautiful bird has to eat too.

Justso, thank you Hun! yes, I know there are many ATS members who could use a thread like this. I hope they find it and can find some comfort here. Hell, we can even throw a party if they'd like.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Beautiful sentiments and cool pic!!!! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It's very kind of you making this thread for those who are alone
on Christmas time

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ladystar

Thank you and to you as well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join