It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Microbiologists Killed: Something Fishy Going On?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
thx, but no. What I meant is, what ties all these people together? What research? There's got to be something that stands out. Were they all working on manipulation of genes (genetic weaponry), for example?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am with Koji on this...
I think before to much time or research is spent on connections to asassination, perhaps proof could be offered that this amount of deaths among scientists was significantly different than the previous 4 years... of course with consideration to ratio of scientists living during both terms of time.

this would prove or disprove once and for all whether there was even anything out of the norm... and would give you a pretty good backing of evidence to go forward with...(if so)

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm always amused at this type of thing.

1. Drug companies, there's already enough intrigue, espionage, suppression of information, and Lord only knows what else in the area of medication for CANCER alone. Who said this had nothing to do with the black market side of medical research? See what comany funded what job and make a network thingy out of it. Someone's probably sumbled onto something huge recently, lol....And if so, I'm not suprised more heads haven't rolled. Something like Johnson & Johnson offs Head CEO of the Lousisana Medical institute for the making of the ultimate condom (yes, J&J has a condom they released about a year ago that's ribbed both inside and out?)....otherwise, what's the need for all the security at all these places?

2. Y'all DO know that the Russian Govt. have switched over from espionage directed at our military defenses to espionage directed at our top companies? At this point, we don't do much to the spies but send them home and revoke their visa because it's not a matter for the military. (I'm quite sure we still do some minor questioning, of course).

3. ANY crazed terrorist that wants quick access to harmful diseases would do this.

4. We never needed to make a virus. No one my age in this country is vaccinated against Small Pox anymore (except for Visa reasons), in the USA and most other countries, as well, and we don't have enough to save my generation from it now. The diffrent strains of Ebola are deadly. Multiple forms of the flu NATURALLY kills thousands, we're due a new strain. We are 2 generations due a flu epidemic. The Plague is still out there. We have West Nile in South Lousisana, and it's been running amok for about 2 years now (bird population, occasionally a death or two before the seasons out). Meningitis untreated kills. Viruses do spread naturally, lol... And are we still getting Polio shots? One of the reasons we have people who create viruses is because these people should know how to find the antigen. Anyone ever finds the cure for anything, and someone else is willing to take their life for any reason? sure, it can and does happen....just hopefully not too often, lol.

5. Did any of them have other problems? (Alcoholic, heavy gambler, sells drugs on the side, an extramarital affair?) There's enough money in these fields that any one problem, there's enough money behind the problem, to envolve drug lords, mafia, wives, children, a whole host of mess....

6. If you are going to rob someone, are you going for the idiot with the mercedes who is not watching his back, or the person with the claptrap car and a fender dragging the ground? Maybe the crimerate is up where these people were killed?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, you can assume that the iraqi scientists were either killed at war, or during interrogation... since that is probably one of the leading causes of death in THAT area... as to the others... I would think with the millions of scientists, we would lose a few here and there... everyone dies eventually...

still no evidence about yearly deaths to show any difference from previous years...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Who stands to gain the most from offing these scientists? Is it someone in weapons development? someone in the pharmaceutical industry? Lex Luthor?
Who?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Soon into this thread I thought of Theodore Kaczynski. I wonder if there's a new one out there, who fears bioresearch. (Heck, it scares ME, and I'm pro-science).

Perhaps only some of these might be the results of a new "Unabomber."

And there's always the chance there's a maverick with spook connections who just has the same (secret) psychosis as Theodore Kaczynski and might be knocking off some of these people "after work" unknown to his/her govmt. bosses...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How bout a spook with maverick connections..

It'd be pretty hard for an individual to pull off so many hits in so many different places. But hey - who knows. Lex Luthor could pull it off.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

dh

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There are about 80 deaths listed here
Plus the 310 deaths of scientists in Iraq
www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here's a master list, going back to the '80's. Some deaths are not suspicious, but many are. It seems like it is a very dangerous thing to be into software programming (with ties to the military/industrial complex) and to be a leading scientist with ties to biowarfare and AIDS.

Here is an article which states the probabilities of these deaths..

NOTE: It does not matter what the individual circumstances of each death are. Probably a couple of these deaths are innocuous. The insurance industry uses scientific tables to accurately predict death rates. Based on the 1997 CSO Mortality Tables, the odds that all of these men could collectively die during a 30 month period is a staggering 14,000,000,000:1
This makes it logically impossible for any reasonable person to deny that the world's leading microbiology researchers are being murdered, beginning with the anthrax attacks thru last month.
The question is why are they being killed, and by whom?
gatorpress.com...

Dead Scientists And
Microbiologists - Master List
Compiled by Mark J. Harper
[email protected]
2-5-5

If you see any incorrect dates or errors, please provide me with accurate information,

Thank you,
Mark

Marconi Scientists Mystery

In the 1980's over two dozen science graduates and experts working for Marconi or Plessey Defence Systems died in mysterious circumstances, most appearing to be suicides., The MOD denied these scientists had been involved in classified Star Wars Projects and that the deaths were in any way connected. Judge for yourself...
www.rense.com...

I can't help but wonder, looking back at the first part of the list from the 80's, if some or all of those worked on Remote Control of aircraft? 9-11, anyone?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've been reading up on Mad Cow disease and ATS threads on the topic. I'm wondering if we can find any relevance with these Microbiologists and prion diseases? Since this will obviously take quite a bit of research and further reading, anyone have any preliminary thoughts or opinions?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That's an area I have not looked at. Your input on the subject, if interested, would be appreciated. Does it tie in?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.atsnn.com...

www.atsnn.com...

Just search for ATSNN stories by Soficrow. She has it pretty well covered on the prion front I believe. I don't necesarily agree with her on some of her conclusions but the research was well done.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I don't necesarily agree with her on some of her conclusions but the research was well done.

Thx for the links. Can you give us a quick overview of her points?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
prion diseases? ... any preliminary thoughts or opinions?

Protein folding mechanisms are a grail of modern biotech and also serve as a benchmark of current supercomputing efforts. In addition, the method of backwards- RNA propagation of the faulty folds, which make formerly benign proteins defective, (that is, how do a few faulty proteins spawn more of themselves, when it was thought that DNA instructions would simply keep churning out the "correct" version) remains a mystery. Prion diseases aren't even transmitted by retro-viruses, they are simply the faulty proteins themselves getting eaten and somehow creating more of themselves.

Science does not yet know. Neither, thankfully, do evildoers.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
In the hopes of staying out of the circular muck of arguing conspiracy theories I'll look at this as logically as I can. Fourty deaths over the course of four years equates to an average 10 deaths per year. Allocate 5 deaths per anum to natural causes, 2 to suicide, and at least 1 per anum to foul play (robberies etc.) According to this hypothetical postulation, that leaves about 2 deaths per anum to allocate to a variable such as accidents or, if you wish, a massive conspiracy. Even if the variable does have to do with a conspiracy it leaves an average of about 8 deaths of mysterious causes over the past four years. Considering the death rate of the world's population and factoring in the number of microbiologists present at the time it's hardly as paranoia inducing as it first seems. If you factor in human imperfection it's easy to believe that some scientist may have accidently infected themselves with something they were working on. Of course this is unfoudned conjecture but I thought I'd add my thoughts to the discussion.

People commit suicide in different ways, most likely based on the culture and society they were raised in and sometimes based on the psychosis that caused them to kill themselves. What's weird to one person may seem totally logical to another. When lumped together the fourty deaths seems out of the ordinary, but when taken in the context of four years it's easy to see how the numbers are skewed by human perception. How many New York City taxi drivers have died in the past four years? I'm sure the numbers are even higher but that doesn't mean there is some conspiracy to off taxi drivers.

Conversely, a conspiracy is within the realm of possibility, though in my opinion is highly unlikely. And why is it always Bush? Why can't it be Rummsfield or Condi? If you're going to fabricate some outlandish story you might as well make it original

dh

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
DNA is nature's bioacoustic and electromagnetic energy receiver and signal transformer converting quantum sound and light signals to physical reality
Genetic industry controllers now control genetic patents and spin-off technologies
Most likely these guys had knowledge or implication in frequency technologies, genetic disease imprints via the cell tower-chemtrails-HAARP network, genome particle ethnocentric manipulation and the like
One presumes a secure core of such technologists and creative staff, to allow the disposal of such numerous contributors and researhers

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
DNA is nature's bioacoustic and electromagnetic energy receiver and signal transformer converting quantum sound and light signals to physical reality
Genetic industry controllers now control genetic patents and spin-off technologies
Most likely these guys had knowledge or implication in frequency technologies, genetic disease imprints via the cell tower-chemtrails-HAARP network, genome particle ethnocentric manipulation and the like
One presumes a secure core of such technologists and creative staff, to allow the disposal of such numerous contributors and researhers

i dunno... It's like he channels crazy dead people...

j/k... the whole connectons within connections can make anyones head hurt... but beware... headaches are part of the prion disease symptoms...

really the chance of all this being due to prion diseases being made by man and now being out of control would explain ALOT of what we see on this forum...

it would explain the NWO, the alien cow mutilations and abductions, and the many corporate conspiracys about the pharm industry...

and now my head hurts again...

thanks for the stats on "if this could be natural" knowing that there was a slight increase of deaths in those years, along with many unusual circumstances, leads credence to this theory...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Check this out!

PROFESSIONAL HIT ON SAITOH, WORLD CLASS SCIENTIST!
By Claire W. Gilbert, Ph.D., Copyright 1996
Blazing Tattles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had heard the news on Cable Network News a week earlier, I would have totally ignored it. I heard a non-English name I couldn't remember, and that he had been shot and killed, along with his young daughter, in LaJolla, California. He was dead behind the wheel of the car, the side window had been shot out, and the door was open. His daughter appeared to have tried to run away and she was shot dead, also. The hit was compared to other killings of Japanese in this country by muggers. What made my antenna stand on end is that the victim was an expert in abnormal proteins in Alzheimer.

ABNORMAL PROTEINS? I had just put together May Blazing Tattles with its EXTRA! on the Gajdusek bust by the FBI. (See Dr. D.C. Gajdusek and Mad Cows, Page 10.) I had already interviewed Mark Purdey in Somerset England twice by telephone. (See "Mark Purdey and the Mad Cows" on Page 9.) I was becoming familiar with the expression "abnormal brain protein." Is it a coincidence that scientists studying brain protein (a very rare area of study) seem to be having hard times?

More

And this:

More Dead Top Microbiologist Scientists
From Patricia Doyle, PhD
[email protected]
1-29-4

Dr. Mike Patrick Kiley, Ebola, Mad Cow Expert, top of the line world class, dies of massive heart attack.

Dr. Robert Shope, Virus Expert Who Warned Of Epidemics dies in the same week.

Coincidently, both Dr. Shope and Dr. Kiley were working on the lab upgrade to BSL 4 at the UTMB Galvaston lab for Homeland Security. The lab would have to be secure to house some of the deadliest pathogens of tropical and emerging infectious disease as well as bioweaponized ones.

I have also noted a commonality of most of the now, 44 scientists who met their demise since 9/11/01 and that is all were expert in emerging infectious diseases especially Ebola, Mad Cow, HIV.
Dr. Shope had accumulated his own collection of virus samples gathered from all over the world.

It would not be hard to administer a drug that would cause Dr. Shope's lung transplant to either be rejected or to cause complications from the transplant.

As for Dr. Kiley, we have heard about other scientists having massive heart attacks which could be caused by administering drugs or toxins.

When Tesh and Shope left Yale to go to Galveston, they took a collection of some 5,000 samples of viruses and arboviruses along with them.

Robert Shope, 74, Virus Expert Who Warned of Epidemics, Dies

By Stuart Lavietes
January 23, 2004

Robert E. Shope, an expert on viruses who was the principal author of a highly publicized 1992 report by the National Academy of Sciences warning of the possible emergence of new and unsettling infectious illnesses, died on Monday in Galveston, Tex. He was 74.

The cause was complications of a lung transplant he received in December, said his daughter Deborah Shope of Galveston. Dr. Shope had pulmonary fibrosis, a disease of unknown origin that scars the lungs.

A professor of epidemiology at Yale for 30 years, Dr. Shope contended that the growth of world population, rapid international travel and the development of drug-resistant microbes and pesticide-resistant insects made worldwide epidemics more likely.

In his report, he also said health officials in the United States had grown complacent, believing that antibiotics and vaccines had conquered infectious diseases.

"We're vulnerable to something along the line of the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic that killed 20 million people worldwide," Dr. Shope said at a news conference announcing the report. "It's happened once; it can happen again."

The report recommended the development of a worldwide surveillance system to detect new diseases and prevent them from developing into epidemics. Had such a system been in place in the 1980's, Dr. Shope said, the spread of AIDS might have been limited.

The report's findings were also published as a book, "Emerging Infections: Microbial Threats to Health in the United States" (1992). Edited by Dr. Shope, Dr. Joshua S. Lederberg, a Nobel laureate, and Dr. Stanley C. Oaks Jr., it has become a standard reference on the topic.

The report also helped bring about a stronger network of disease detection laboratories in the United States, some authorities said. But, despite the World Health Organization's containment of SARS last winter, the worldwide system envisioned in the report, with laboratories conducting research in areas that have historically produced new viruses, has not been put into place, said Dr. Robert Tesh, a longtime colleague of Dr. Shope.

Dr. Shope, who received his undergraduate and medical degrees from Cornell, developed an expertise in viruses transmitted to people and domestic animals by rodents, mosquitoes and other biting, stinging insects. He helped discover hundreds of viruses, conducting investigations in Malaysia as an Army medical officer and in Brazil for the Rockefeller Foundation. At Yale, he led or participated in investigations of Rift Valley fever, Lassa fever, Venezuelan hemorrhagic fever and other diseases.

Working with Dr. Tesh, Dr. Shope also built the World Reference Center for Emerging Viruses and Arboviruses, a collection of some 5,000 samples.

Dr. Shope and Dr. Tesh joined the faculty of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 1995, bringing the collection of viruses with them.

In 1997, Dr. Shope was invited to the White House with six other scientists to brief President Bill Clinton on global warming, which Dr. Shope said could accelerate the spread of infectious diseases because more germ-carrying mosquitoes would thrive in the warmer climate.

In the last two years, Dr. Shope worked on a Defense Department project to develop antidotes to viral agents that terrorists might use.

Robert Ellis Shope was born in Princeton, N.J., and grew up as a neighbor of Albert Einstein.

In addition to his daughter Deborah, Dr. Shope is survived by his wife, Virginia Shope, of Branford, Conn.; another daughter, Bonnie Rice of Belmont, Mass.; two sons, Peter and Steve, both of Newfields, N.H.; two brothers, Tom, of Ann Arbor, Mich., and Richard, of Hudson, Wis.; a sister, Nancy FitzGerrell of Boulder, Colo.; and six grandchildren.

www.nytimes.com...
Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company

Michael Patrick Kiley, 62, Dies

Obituaries, January 28, 2004 in The Saratogian

OLNEY, Md. -- Michael Patrick Kiley came by his name honestly. His favorite sport was Notre Dame football; his favorite TV show was Notre Dame football; his favorite musical group was The Clancy Brothers; his favorite book was 'The Last Hurrah', and his favorite movie was 'The Last Hurrah,' starring Spencer Tracy.

A loving and faithful husband, caring and devoted father, dutiful brother and generous friend, he gave us 62 years before his good heart gave out Saturday, Jan. 24, 2004.

Born in Saratoga Springs, he was a son of the late Dr. Joseph L. Kiley and Kathryn Mulqueen Kiley and was a 1960 graduate of St. Peter's Academy (Saratoga Central Catholic High School). He was inducted into the St. Peter/SCC Hall of Fame in 2001 as a recipient of the Excellence in Education Award and delivered the commencement address for the school's 2001 graduation ceremony. He resided in Olney, Md., with his wife, Nancy.

He was a lifelong fan of horse racing and Notre Dame football, but for those who could get beyond that or those who could dig through the small mounds of worn-out Fighting Irish caps and yellowing Racing Forms, they found an unassuming man of tremendous warmth and compassion with a deep well of dry humor.

Along the way, between the Hornung and Montana years, he picked up degrees from the universities of Notre Dame, Missouri and Virginia, receiving his doctorate in medical sciences from Virginia. He did post-doctoral research at the University of Michigan and continued that research at the University of Nevada School of Medical Science where he also taught. He published extensively in scientific journals and books dealing with microbiology, immunology and infection control.

He emerged as one of the world's leading microbiologists and an expert in developing and overseeing multiple levels of biocontainment facilities. Before concentrating on laboratory design and procedures, he was at the forefront in the early studies of Lassa fever, the Ebola virus and mad cow disease while at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Ga., the Jonas Salk Institute in Tannersville, Pa., and the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Beltsville, Md. He has traveled worldwide and helped develop the Hemorrhagic Virus Program for Health Canada as well as participating in many international conferences.

Just coincidence? I'm trying to find more links between the prion research and the deaths, however the internet isn't the best resource. Paranoia? Or, does anyone else see anything suspicious?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
does anyone else see anything suspicious?

Of course not! People tie themselves up and put bags over their heads all the time to off themselves!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ahh..i am glad to see that some people are finely discussing this. i have had a fear of an epademic happening not to far in the future, to start a massive depopulation of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join