It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mother, the Holy Spirit...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SethTsaddik
continued from last comment...

Language. Although the Bible record clearly shows the Canaanites to be Hamitic, the majority of reference works speak of them as of Semitic origin. This classification is based on the evidence of a Semitic language spoken by the Canaanites. The evidence most frequently appealed to is the large number of texts found at Ras Shamra (Ugarit) written in a Semitic language or dialect and considered to date from as far back as the 14th century B.C.E. However, Ugarit apparently did not come within the Biblical boundaries of Canaan. An article by A. F. Rainey in The Biblical Archaeologist (1965, p. 105) states that on ethnic, political, and, probably, linguistic bases “it is now clearly a misnomer to call Ugarit a ‘Canaanite’ city.” He gives further evidence to show that “Ugarit and the land of Canaan were separate and distinct political entities.” Hence, these tablets provide no clear rule by which to determine the language of the Canaanites.

Let alone the beliefs and religious practices of the Israelites (including the name of their God, who their worship was directed to) or those Israelites who remained loyal to Jehovah (or regarding the subject: What the bible really teaches about God and the important related realities or history, I know, you're not interested in that last subject, that is what Proverbs is talking about as well). Note that the terms Hamitic and Semitic are derived from the biblical names Ham and Shem (as in descendents of...).

edit on 24-12-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Padawan,

This is why i know your a confused youngling.

You say the Hebrew/Christian god is the same as Islams allah.

Yet you misinterpret that which you read and cherry pick what you want to form your own religion.

For example youngling:

1. Hebrew devil is an angel and described as an angel who is doing his job. Not evil.
2. Christian devil is an unknown but described as a red serpent dragon who has his own angels and is working against god.
3. Islam devil is the son of the 1st Djinn King and Queen who was the only non-angel or being to be in the presence of allah, and banished for not bowing down to man.

Neither Hebrew or Christian beliefs believe in the Djinn, Padawan. Youd think they would mention this in their scripture, even the Dead Sea Scrolls, Book of Enoch or the Nag Hammadi library dont mention then youngling.

Your beliefs are all scrambled Padawan.

Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't know if I would go so far as to identify the Shekhina with Asherah, but it's something worth considering as She was worshipped in the Temple without any complaints from God until the time of Josiah.

The later prophets and translaters definitely did their best to obscure Asherah but she was the Goddess of the Temple IN the Bible so I can say for sure that Canaanite religion had an impact on the Israelites religion if they had the same Gods and Goddesses before Monotheism became the norm.

I do so enjoy when people deny the obvious because they don't know as much about a subject as someone and prematurely assume they are just right due to their religious beliefs.

I am careful not to speak on things I don't know, because I hate when other people do it. When I find someone doing it I always let them know of their error, if not a pure matter of opinion.

Canaanite culture is the foundation of the religion of the Israelites.

Asherah may not be commonly known about but as the original consort of El/God she was a part of the Hebrew religion.

And I equate her with the Mother of Jesus now that I think about it. And, yes, the Shekhina.

Why the hell not.

Coomba, maybe you don't believe me but I know you are still on my utns but I am not going to read your messages. If you send me a message I will just send one like this ignoring whatever you said just so you end up looking crazy.

Fair warning. I am a fair man, even to those allergic to maturity.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Padawan SethTsaddik

Padawan SethTsaddik

Thank you for reading my post and responding youngling.

If your allergic to maturity then how can you live with yourself Padawan? You are one immature person who loves ranting away on things you dont even believe. Your one bad muslim youngling who us full of hate and bigotry.

Your family must be proud of you Padawan. You know the ones you bludge off like the government.

You got kicked out of the Christian church. Soon the muslim church no doubt. But id doubt they will hire the police as body guards... yes i doubt they would.

Love Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Like I was saying before Asherah could definitely be seen as a prototype for the Shekhina if not the name of the Upper Shekhina. I have seen the word Sherah used in the Zohar to describe it, I should look into that.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's the Shekhina at work whenever you plan something and it goes exactly as you want.

Like someone thinking anything they say will EVER be read by me when I said I never would, liars never believe anyone because they are liars so everyone else is too they think.

Much like psychopaths who give themselves titles like Guru or Master, though they are clearly average lunatics with no life and don't realize that being a @o8c6e is not cool.

But I actually mean what I say which amounts to a foolish person, as planned, sending messages that are not getting acknowledged or read by the intended recipient.

I can tell they are being sent, but I just go to the beginning of the thread, send a message, and go about my business.

While the fool does exactly what I want.

God bless Jesus Mother the Holy Spirit!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Padawan SethTsaddik

Thank you for reading my post youngling.

Mary was definitely not the holy ghost. But Mary the human. Where do you get this crap from youngling.

Love Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wonder what makes a person develop an obsession like this.

Creepy. I can't send a message without being stalked. I keep explaining that I don't read its comments but it doesn't seem to care.

From the Zohar:

Above, the left arm of Zeir Anpin holds THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE and rises lovingly toward her. But below, the Serpent (Coomba), which is the left arm of the spirit of defilement.

Hahaha.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Padawan SethTsaddik

Its not stalking when we both come here. You here im here other people are here.

Your paranoid youngling.

Thanks for calling me a serpent Padawan. This is an ancient symbol or reference to wisdom, and the Master is more wise than the Padawan, Padawan SethTsaddik.

You honor me.

Love Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think I might need a restraining order!

Lol. What a tool.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have never been objectified by someone I don't know before, like I am someone's arch nemesis or something.

Fascinating human behavior.

Still psychologically disturbing.

I honestly pity you Coomba. Please get the help you need and get better. Keep your head up, you'll be OK.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Padawan SethTsaddik

A restraining order like the Christian church got against you?

Plus why would you need one for me if you dont read my posts? Or do you? Lol

And yes im a tool, for tools have a purpose and is good for things. Unlike you Padawan who isnt.

You need to see a mechanic youngling, for you sure do have some screws loose.

Love Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
See previous message for same response as before.

Get help.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Padawan SethTsaddik

Its funny you like dishing the dirt and belittling people but cannot take it when someone dishes to right back at you. Mwahahaha.

Love Master Coomba
edit on 27-12-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
:🙊🙈🙉

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98
Hi
Yeah you're quiet now.

I think I will read and respond to all of your comments from now on.

This could be fun!

15 minutes ago I couldn't send a message without you following me around, my error was ignoring you. You are quite the fool.

Don't expect that courtesy ever again, I will gladly reply to your idiotic comments and highlight every idiotic thing you say.

It's fun knowing things, try it sometime. Learning that is.

More to life than internet nemeses (perscieved at least, I care nothing about you other than making you realize that you are not smart).

I think I am done.

That was easy!
edit on 27-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When the moderators are on holiday, Seth and Coomba dance on the forum.

In Dutch the expression with cats and mice actually ends up with mice dancing on the table rather than the English expression of mere "play", which is not that funny.

I'll have to add something on-topic now I guess, well perhaps some information on what the holy spirit actually is to clear up some of the common misconceptions that I mentioned before I think...

The Bible’s answer

The holy spirit is God’s power in action, his active force. (Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35) God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will.—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.

In the Bible, the word “spirit” is translated from the Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma. Most often, those words refer to God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Genesis 1:2) However, the Bible also uses those words in other senses:

Breath.—Habakkuk 2:19; Revelation 13:15.

Wind.—Genesis 8:1; John 3:8.

The vital, or animating, force in living creatures.—Job 34:14, 15.

A person’s disposition or attitude.—Numbers 14:24.

Spirit persons, including God and the angels.—1 Kings 22:21; John 4:24.

These meanings all share the sense of something invisible to humans that produces visible effects. Similarly, the spirit of God, “like the wind, is invisible, immaterial and powerful.”—An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, by W. E. Vine.

The Bible also refers to God’s holy spirit as his “hands” or “fingers.” (Psalm 8:3; 19:1; Luke 11:20; compare Matthew 12:28.) Just as a craftsman uses his hands and fingers to do his work, God has used his spirit to produce such results as the following:

The universe.—Psalm 33:6; Isaiah 66:1, 2.

The Bible.—2 Peter 1:20, 21.

The miracles performed by his ancient servants and their zealous preaching.—Luke 4:18; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11.

The fine qualities displayed by people who obey him.—Galatians 5:22, 23.

The holy spirit is not a person

By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.

The Bible gives the names of Jehovah God and of his Son, Jesus Christ; yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. (Isaiah 42:8; Luke 1:31) When the Christian martyr Stephen was given a miraculous heavenly vision, he saw only two persons, not three. The Bible says: “He, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” (Acts 7:55) The holy spirit was God’s power in action, enabling Stephen to see the vision.

Misconceptions about the holy spirit

Misconception: The “Holy Ghost,” or holy spirit, is a person and is part of the Trinity, as stated at 1 John 5:7, 8 in the King James version of the Bible.

Fact: The King James version of the Bible includes at 1 John 5:7, 8 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth.” However, researchers have found that those words were not written by the apostle John and so do not belong in the Bible. Professor Bruce M. Metzger wrote: “That these words are spurious and have no right to stand in the New Testament is certain.”—A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament.

Misconception: The Bible personifies the holy spirit, and this proves that it is a person.

Fact: The Scriptures do at times personify the holy spirit, but this does not prove that the holy spirit is a person. The Bible also personifies wisdom, death, and sin. (Proverbs 1:20; Romans 5:17, 21) For example, wisdom is said to have “works” and “children,” and sin is depicted as seducing, killing, and working out covetousness.—Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:35; Romans 7:8, 11.

Similarly, when the apostle John quoted Jesus, he personified the holy spirit as a “helper” (paraclete) that would give evidence, guide, speak, hear, declare, glorify, and receive. He used masculine personal pronouns such as “he” or “him” when referring to that “helper.” (John 16:7-15) However, he did so because the Greek word for “helper” (pa·raʹkle·tos) is a masculine noun and requires a masculine pronoun according to the rules of Greek grammar. When John referred to the holy spirit using the neuter noun pneuʹma, he used the genderless pronoun “it.”—John 14:16, 17.

Misconception: Baptism in the name of the holy spirit proves that it is a person.

Fact: The Bible sometimes uses “name” to stand for power or authority. (Deuteronomy 18:5, 19-22; Esther 8:10) This is similar to its use in the English expression “in the name of the law,” which does not mean that the law is a person. A person who is baptized “in the name of ” the holy spirit recognizes the power and role of the holy spirit in accomplishing God’s will.—Matthew 28:19.

Misconception: Jesus’ apostles and other early disciples believed that the holy spirit was a person.

Fact: The Bible does not say that, nor does history. The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “The definition that the Holy Spirit was a distinct divine Person . . . came at the Council of Constantinople in ad 381.” This was over 250 years after the last of the apostles had died.

Source: What Is the Holy Spirit? | Bible Questions
edit on 27-12-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
When the moderators are on holiday, Seth and Coomba dance on the forum.

In Dutch the expression with cats and mice actually ends up with mice dancing on the table rather than the English expression of mere "play", which is not that funny.

I'll have to add something on-topic now I guess, well perhaps some information on what the holy spirit actually is to clear up some of the common misconceptions that I mentioned before I think...

The Bible’s answer

The holy spirit is God’s power in action, his active force. (Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35) God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will.—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.

In the Bible, the word “spirit” is translated from the Hebrew word ruʹach and the Greek word pneuʹma. Most often, those words refer to God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Genesis 1:2) However, the Bible also uses those words in other senses:

Breath.—Habakkuk 2:19; Revelation 13:15.

Wind.—Genesis 8:1; John 3:8.

The vital, or animating, force in living creatures.—Job 34:14, 15.

A person’s disposition or attitude.—Numbers 14:24.

Spirit persons, including God and the angels.—1 Kings 22:21; John 4:24.

These meanings all share the sense of something invisible to humans that produces visible effects. Similarly, the spirit of God, “like the wind, is invisible, immaterial and powerful.”—An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, by W. E. Vine.

The Bible also refers to God’s holy spirit as his “hands” or “fingers.” (Psalm 8:3; 19:1; Luke 11:20; compare Matthew 12:28.) Just as a craftsman uses his hands and fingers to do his work, God has used his spirit to produce such results as the following:

The universe.—Psalm 33:6; Isaiah 66:1, 2.

The Bible.—2 Peter 1:20, 21.

The miracles performed by his ancient servants and their zealous preaching.—Luke 4:18; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11.

The fine qualities displayed by people who obey him.—Galatians 5:22, 23.

The holy spirit is not a person

By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.

The Bible gives the names of Jehovah God and of his Son, Jesus Christ; yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. (Isaiah 42:8; Luke 1:31) When the Christian martyr Stephen was given a miraculous heavenly vision, he saw only two persons, not three. The Bible says: “He, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” (Acts 7:55) The holy spirit was God’s power in action, enabling Stephen to see the vision.

Misconceptions about the holy spirit

Misconception: The “Holy Ghost,” or holy spirit, is a person and is part of the Trinity, as stated at 1 John 5:7, 8 in the King James version of the Bible.

Fact: The King James version of the Bible includes at 1 John 5:7, 8 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth.” However, researchers have found that those words were not written by the apostle John and so do not belong in the Bible. Professor Bruce M. Metzger wrote: “That these words are spurious and have no right to stand in the New Testament is certain.”—A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament.

Misconception: The Bible personifies the holy spirit, and this proves that it is a person.

Fact: The Scriptures do at times personify the holy spirit, but this does not prove that the holy spirit is a person. The Bible also personifies wisdom, death, and sin. (Proverbs 1:20; Romans 5:17, 21) For example, wisdom is said to have “works” and “children,” and sin is depicted as seducing, killing, and working out covetousness.—Matthew 11:19; Luke 7:35; Romans 7:8, 11.

Similarly, when the apostle John quoted Jesus, he personified the holy spirit as a “helper” (paraclete) that would give evidence, guide, speak, hear, declare, glorify, and receive. He used masculine personal pronouns such as “he” or “him” when referring to that “helper.” (John 16:7-15) However, he did so because the Greek word for “helper” (pa·raʹkle·tos) is a masculine noun and requires a masculine pronoun according to the rules of Greek grammar. When John referred to the holy spirit using the neuter noun pneuʹma, he used the genderless pronoun “it.”—John 14:16, 17.

Misconception: Baptism in the name of the holy spirit proves that it is a person.

Fact: The Bible sometimes uses “name” to stand for power or authority. (Deuteronomy 18:5, 19-22; Esther 8:10) This is similar to its use in the English expression “in the name of the law,” which does not mean that the law is a person. A person who is baptized “in the name of ” the holy spirit recognizes the power and role of the holy spirit in accomplishing God’s will.—Matthew 28:19.

Misconception: Jesus’ apostles and other early disciples believed that the holy spirit was a person.

Fact: The Bible does not say that, nor does history. The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “The definition that the Holy Spirit was a distinct divine Person . . . came at the Council of Constantinople in ad 381.” This was over 250 years after the last of the apostles had died.

Source: What Is the Holy Spirit? | Bible Questions

I fail to see your point.

You rely heavily on others words, huh?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

It's got nothing to do with mods dude.

I plain got sick of being stalked and put a QUICK end to it.

Every thread, every comment, I ignored it.

Then he realized he was on a fool's errand and quit.

I can understand why, dudes a clown. Fronting is never smart.

End of story.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

By the way:

If you need a link to explain to you the Spirit, you don't know the Spirit.

Whether Sophia, the Shekhina or the Holy Spirit.

Same same.

Anyway that's what scripture is for. Bible, NHC or Zohar. That's where you go to learn about the Spirit.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join