It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mother, the Holy Spirit...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to add an example of the existence of the Ebonites from the New Testament.

Paul speaks of collecting a tribute "For the poor Saints of Jerusalem.

Describing these Saints as poor sounds relatively meaningless until one factors in the Hebrew word for poor, ebion, plural, ebionim.

Ebionim is Hebrew for Ebionites, so that would make it ''Poor Saints of Jerusalem" or "Ebionite Saints of Jerusalem."

I highly doubt that because of the contents of a Pauline epistle, a man they despised and who mentions them again ''Remember the Poor", created the name of a Jewish Messianic religion.

It's more probable that Paul is actually referring to the actual Ebionites, and that they are actually older than Christianity being a common term for the community responsible for the extra Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls, in addition to the Way.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JerryMH
You and I agree on so many things Seth and I'm not sure why. I'm not a Muslim and to be honest hearing you makes me realize I really don't know what a Muslim is. That's a completely different conversation though. I'm not a Christian either, though there is a lot of truth in the bible. But here, where I appreciate your knowledge, you affirm my own experience.
I would disagree that we can't know for sure how the female holy spirit or sophia.. works. But I can describe pretty well how it works for me.
This happens almost as much as I can allow it at times, and at other times it's more elusive. Like the wind, it would come and go. But I would say it's my constant state now. But the female part for me is complete immersion in an overwhelming love. It's so strong that I weep for joy. It can go for hours or as long as I like. The caresses themselves are waves and waves of ecstasy. This is all completely without drugs. It is co comforting, such inexplicable joy. It varies in intensity and like fingers can massage and it's all over my body. Like an orgasm, but everywhere and it way eclipses sex. This happens everywhere. Driving, at work, everywhere. I even wake early. It's by choice though and I can go in and out of it almost instantly. But I love to be there so much. She works with Him. Most of the time it's like melting into one. But usually there's thoughts, mostly wordless concepts or memories of past things or epiphany and She confirms it with a spike. Harder to describe than I thought. But that's how it works for me and has been for quite some time.
Anyway... really like the way you answer. Your knowledge is way more than mine but somehow we see things very similar. Appreciated.

Thanks for the kind sentiments.

I also believe we can know how the Spirit/Sophia/Shekhina functions.

The function of faith is not salvation from sin, like the false prophet Saul writes.

Faith guides us to seek God, seeking is rewarded with knowledge, knowledge with Wisdom(Sophia). Saving yourself from hellfire is not a selfless act, it's actually selfish.

We have no control over death, but we can overcome ignorance while alive, and encourage others to do the same.

If only ''eye for an eye" could be changed into ''kindness for kindness" the whole world would gain an eye.

The third eye, that even Jesus speaks of, though I know of very few Christians aware of this, most would associate it with Hinduism or something else, but it's a very Christian concept too.

This is how we interact with the Divine.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: SethTsaddik

I am sure you and Seede seek truth. Without original documents from the first century, the Codex Sinaiticus and nag hammadi documents remain the only source of real information on early Christianity available. Hopefully older sources still remain hidden.

I hope everyone seeks the truth. Some unwittingly deny it and validate the lies of yesterday. If you believe everything the Church says without question and speak like you absolutely know the truth, and I don't mean anyone specifically, 'you' are a fool.

I just don't like how that guy comes at people like their philosophical speculations are erroneous and his absolutely perfect, he could lose that and gain some sense, nobody knows anything about 2,000 years ago other than what was written, and Scripture was never meant to be read as history.

So his attitude that Christianity is perfect is annoying to me, I don't think any religion is perfect, but I believe in my religion. It's a good way of life for me.

None of us will ever find absolute truth though. But if Sophia is feminine in ''Gnostic" Christianity, the the equivalent of the Holy Spirit in Hebrew "Christianity" I think it's safe to say that originally the Spirit was viewed as Feminine.

Even the dispersed Rabbis who wrote Midrashes around that time developed the concept of the Shekhina, Glory or Presence of God, being feminine.

It seems the Roman priests really hated women and just refused to allow this in Catholicism.

Shame. I am glad I live when and where I do.
edit on 15-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

originally posted by: JerryMH
You and I agree on so many things Seth and I'm not sure why. I'm not a Muslim and to be honest hearing you makes me realize I really don't know what a Muslim is. That's a completely different conversation though. I'm not a Christian either, though there is a lot of truth in the bible. But here, where I appreciate your knowledge, you affirm my own experience.
I would disagree that we can't know for sure how the female holy spirit or sophia.. works. But I can describe pretty well how it works for me.
This happens almost as much as I can allow it at times, and at other times it's more elusive. Like the wind, it would come and go. But I would say it's my constant state now. But the female part for me is complete immersion in an overwhelming love. It's so strong that I weep for joy. It can go for hours or as long as I like. The caresses themselves are waves and waves of ecstasy. This is all completely without drugs. It is co comforting, such inexplicable joy. It varies in intensity and like fingers can massage and it's all over my body. Like an orgasm, but everywhere and it way eclipses sex. This happens everywhere. Driving, at work, everywhere. I even wake early. It's by choice though and I can go in and out of it almost instantly. But I love to be there so much. She works with Him. Most of the time it's like melting into one. But usually there's thoughts, mostly wordless concepts or memories of past things or epiphany and She confirms it with a spike. Harder to describe than I thought. But that's how it works for me and has been for quite some time.
Anyway... really like the way you answer. Your knowledge is way more than mine but somehow we see things very similar. Appreciated.

Thanks for the kind sentiments.

I also believe we can know how the Spirit/Sophia/Shekhina functions.

The function of faith is not salvation from sin, like the false prophet Saul writes.

Faith guides us to seek God, seeking is rewarded with knowledge, knowledge with Wisdom(Sophia). Saving yourself from hellfire is not a selfless act, it's actually selfish.

We have no control over death, but we can overcome ignorance while alive, and encourage others to do the same.

If only ''eye for an eye" could be changed into ''kindness for kindness" the whole world would gain an eye.

The third eye, that even Jesus speaks of, though I know of very few Christians aware of this, most would associate it with Hinduism or something else, but it's a very Christian concept too.

This is how we interact with the Divine.

Can you tell me about the third eye? I look at salvation completely different. In fact, I believe it can take many lifetimes and Jesus pointed the way to evolve. It explains a lot of things. But basically Jesus was working the crops and salvation is in the future.
You are right that no one can know what was 2000 years ago. But lately I think I'm seeing the veil being pulled away.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

But if you look deeply there is still truth in the NT. Its obscurity perhaps saving it....

Mark 16:9.... When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven out seven demons.

Jesus cleared her seven major chakras so she could become enlightened! It would not surprize if Mary Magdalene was leader of Christianity when Jesus died which could be why Rome tried to demonize her.

I like you Seth and agree with a lot you say

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

But if you look deeply there is still truth in the NT. Its obscurity perhaps saving it....

Mark 16:9.... When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven out seven demons.

Jesus cleared her seven major chakras so she could become enlightened! It would not surprize if Mary Magdalene was leader of Christianity when Jesus died which could be why Rome tried to demonize her.

I like you Seth and agree with a lot you say

Thanks, and likewise.

I agree, if the Romans actually had understood passages like the 7 demons, the lamp, and their connection to spiritual practices of Hinduism, they'd have been excised long ago.

I think obscurity DEFINITELY saved the pearls of wisdom in the NT, good observation.

Also Miriam was definitely minimized, she is not even recognized as being the first witness of the ressurecting Jesus by the church because she was a woman, so Peter gets the distinction.

Mary was very important to the ''Gnostic" Christians as an earthly representative of Sophia, as was Eve and others.

Here is something I never got, why was Thomas allowed to touch Jesus but not Mary, because Jesus had not yet ascended?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JerryMH

The third eye is the pineal gland, and the eye that sees that which is not physical.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Padawan SethTsaddik

originally posted by: Padawan SethTsaddik

And you are already free, you just don't have anything good to say because you don't know anything. Akgragon telling you basically to stfu is your excuse.

I only write this in the hope that you will get mad, so I can go back to ignoring every message of yours and you can get even more mad.

Cuz you some kind of special brand of fool.

But nobody needs to give you permission to participate in a thread if you're a member, so unless you are just looking to be the psycho freak you were when told to stfu by OP:

You don't need permission, and asking is...dumb.

Padawan

This is called respecting a respectful persons wishes. But you wouldnt understand youngling.

At work now but thank you for responding.

I shall respond to you in full when i get home. Eta 4hrs.

Im gonna love this Padawan.

When are you ever going to learn manners Padawan?

Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just finished work.

Boarding the train home, eta on Karmatic response 1.5hrs.

Get your popcorn ready guys and gals

Coomba98

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I presume, too soon after his death to allow Mary to touch him as his body was still too subtle. It was only when all the processes were complete could he resurrect into a heavier form.
See www.buddhanet.net...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Hey Padawan, bait taken and now its time to dance the dance of fools youngling.

Do you need permission?

Like I said above youngling, when a respectful person requests something its kinda polite to comply. But such an impertinent one like yourself Padawan SethTsaddik would not understand the basics of morality.

Such things are beyond you Padawan SethTsaddik, if you have not learnt now your obviously never going to learn.

But I guess thats what you get with someone who was kicked out of church due to your violent ways, to the point the priest had to hire the Police as security for more than a month afterwards. Because of you!!

Yes I remember when you said this and you freaking laughed about it! Tantamount to your very nature ohh impertinent Padawan of mine.

Are you not free?

[Looks over my shoulder to see if my girlfriend is there,
nope not there]

Yes I am free Padawan SethTsaddik.... Mwahahahahahahaha

nope not there yessss
]

Chickens don't fly.

Actually they do Padawan SethTsaddik, look into it as chickens can fly. Are you home schooled like Padawan #2? Or has the last year and a half of five to six hour scripture study per day warped your sense of reality Padawan SethTsaddik?

Yes, yes i think it has Padawan SethTsaddik.

And you are already free, you just don't have anything good to say because you don't know anything.

We already cleared up the freedom part... FREEEEDOMMMMM!

nope not there yessss
]

I have heaps of good things to say Padawan SethTsaddik, just not to impertinent Padawans such as yourself. Padawans who doesnt know how to behave and have very little morality towards their fellow man. But hey, cant complain thats just how you are youngling.

originally posted by: Padawawn SethTsaddik
Akgragon telling you basically to stfu is your excuse.

Well actually he pretty much said to stop the name calling and unethical posts. This also applied to you Padawan SethTsaddik as well as Padawan Matrixsurvivor.

But I guess you Padawans dont have the intelligence to have picked up on that seeing as though you Padawans kept up your impertinent posts towards ChesterJohn.

Stupid Padawans! You guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Actually dont! Might not like what you see younglings. This takes time and meditation to do that. Imagine the mental monsters youd become! Phwaor!!!

I only write this in the hope that you will get mad,

eerrrr ok then Padawan Seth Tsaddik. Why would i get mad youngling? I Love you man!
(probably the only one to have said that to you in years no doubt)

so I can go back to ignoring every message of yours and you can get even more mad.

Ok Padawan Seth Tsaddik, lets get this really really clear, your a human right Padawan?
Humans are extremely curious and are compelled to read what other people say about them.

If you dont read my posts like you say..... why respond to one in depth youngling?

Its not me whos a moron Padawan Seth Tsaddik. Its not me!

Cuz you some kind of special brand of fool.

sigh!... Yes im a special brand of fool, how many times do I have to say this Padawan Seth Tsaddik!!

Im a fruitcake! With nuts too i might add.

But nobody needs to give you permission to participate in a thread if you're a member, so unless you are just looking to be the psycho freak you were when told to stfu by OP:

Nope they dont, but respect is respect. Again I know you wont understand what that means but meh, im a psycho freak fruitcake who was told by Goodman Akragon to stop the stupid posts in 'HIS' thread.

But hey if you say I can post in anyones thread at anytime then I accept your invitation into yours....

No backsies Padawan Seth Tsaddik.

You don't need permission, and asking is...dumb.

Thank you for the invitation into your threads Padawan Seth Tsaddik.

I LOVE YOU TOO MY PADAWAN!!!!!!

Master Coomba
edit on 16-12-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Thought so ohh craven Padawan SethTsaddik of mine.

Love Master Coomba

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think the idea of the Holy Spirit being similar to the Shekhina and Sophia is a step in the direction of progress.

Recognizing Divinity has feminine aspects is only logical, man and woman are both made in the image of Allah/Elohim/God.

I do confess it's not a teaching of Islam, though Allah has 99 aspects so I can honestly say one of those attributes at the least is philosophically feminine.

The more I read of the Shekhina the more I read about the Holy Spirit, and the best books for that are the Zohar, of which I have 9 volumes out of 13 or 15, and I can honestly say it could be read by Jew, Christian or Muslim and equally benefit all three.

I am fascinated that the Ebionites are receiving the scholarly attention they deserve and could very well be the first disciples of Yeshua the Messiah.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

You seem to have an obsession with me over disagreeing with you in another thread, I don't know what your problem is but you need to grow up and act like an adult.

As I understand you have been trying to harass me ever since, not realizing that I don't even read most of your messages and if I do they have no effect on me.

I could link the page of your nasty comments in Aks thread to show what kind of twerp you are. Out of courtesy I am letting you know I just don't care. You can say anything you want about me and I won't care or even know, because I I only read the comments of intelligent and respectful people.

Stop making a fool of yourself and have some dignity.

edit on 16-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Recognizing Divinity has feminine aspects is only logical, man and woman are both made in the image of Allah/Elohim/God. . Text

Not true at all.
You are trying to intermix Islam, with Christianity. The Most High EL's Son "The Word" created the world and man was then formed from the image of "The Word" who was begotten from His Father and in His Father's image. Woman was formed from the substance of man but not in the image of man. Only in the likeness of man was woman formed with the same likeness of the Holy Spirit of The Most High El.. Allah [whatever that may be] had nothing to do with the Hebrew concept of The Most High EL. and His begotten Son The Word. There is no intermix of Allah [Whatever that may be] and The Most High EL..

According to Moses, man has been given authority over all that is upon the face of the earth including woman who was formed from man. There is no room for your speculation as to feminism except in your own mind and the like minded who are not privy to the Hebrew concept. You need more study so as to not corrupt Christianity and Judaism.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Seede because: Spelling error and clarifications.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A great part of the awesome of the structure of God's creations if the role of the female in housing the embryo and making it a child.

And the natural production and mechanism of food for the baby and delivery to infant.

Mother and child is the beautiful and powerful of bonds. This is scientific, if you see a baby bear the mother is near, and she will not take any chance in protecting those cubs. That ferocious beast playing with her cubs is a much more charming site, and one day the mother and the cubs go there separate ways. ,

Mother has done her purpose and the cubs becomes a bear.

The male plays less of role or none in nature. I know lions male and female play a role raising the young, but not at the expense of the role of the lioness.

The point is if you don't recognize the role the feminine energy plays in the world as Divine, I say you are missing something crucial to spiritual awakening.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Recognizing Divinity has feminine aspects is only logical, man and woman are both made in the image of Allah/Elohim/God. . Text

Not true at all.

So it's not logical to recognize feminine aspects in Divinity. I respectfully disagree.

You are trying to intermix Islam, with Christianity.

You are trying to divide.

The Most High EL's Son "The Word" created the world and man was then formed from the image of "The Word" who was begotten from His Father and in His Father's image. Woman was formed from the substance of man but not in the image of man. Only in the likeness of man was woman formed with the same likeness of the Holy Spirit of The Most High El.. Allah [whatever that may be] had nothing to do with the Hebrew concept of The Most High EL. and His begotten Son The Word. There is no intermix of Allah [Whatever that may be] and The Most High EL..

According to Moses, man has been given authority over all that is upon the face of the earth including woman who was formed from man. There is no room for your speculation as to feminism except in your own mind and the like minded who are not privy to the Hebrew concept. You need more study so as to not corrupt Christianity and Judaism.

Thanks for the "lesson.."

Now what was your problem again?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Judaism, Christianity and Islam don't intermix because of me either.

Each is an outgrowth of the previous with more common than different.

Allah is God or God Most High.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join