It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14
If she wanted to question the establishment, she would be requesting recounts in other states where Clinton won by a low percentage.
Clinton's team said they investigated every theory presented and examined laws and practices pertaining to recounts, contests and audits.
"And most importantly, we have monitored and staffed the post-election canvasses -- where voting machine tapes are compared to poll-books, provisional ballots are resolved, and all of the math is double checked from election night," Elias said. "During that process, we have seen Secretary Clinton's vote total grow, so that, today, her national popular vote lead now exceeds more than 2 million votes."
"I will do a recount in any state where the deadline has not passed. Help my staff find state deadlines ... #Recount2016," she said.
1. There is no evidence that the election results weren't reliable. As the Daily Wire has explained, there is nothing to suggest that the electronic voting machines were hacked. Donald Trump's advantage over Hillary Clinton in electronic voting was a result of demographics, not a hack, and Michigan's ballots were all paper. The entire premise for Stein's recount is false.
2. When Stein first announced her recount efforts, her goal was to reach $2.5 million. Now it's $7 million. Stein has raised $5 million since Wednesday, causing the goal to rise from $2.5 million to $4.5 million to $7 million, according to National Public Radio. What caused the sudden rise in Stein's fundraising goal?
3. Stein's legal costs suddenly surged. Per Townhall:
Why would her legal fees suddenly rise by that much over a short period of time?
4. Stein can't guarantee that the recounts will actually happen. "We cannot guarantee a recount will happen any of these states," Stein's website states. "We can only pledge we will demand recounts in those states."
5. Stein's website also states that excess money will go towards "election integrity efforts."
"If we raise more than what’s needed, the surplus will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform," the website reads. What exactly that kind of reform will be was not specified by Stein, leaving the possibility open that the money will simply be funneled back to the Green Party.
"This is Democrat party fundraising at its best because ultimately all the Greens are are Democrats with bad personal hygiene who failed economics and history," writes RedState blogger streiff. "Stein’s fundraising appeal using a recount that is never going to happen will go down as one of the greatest bait-and-switch scams in political history."
6. It is highly unlikely that Stein would be able to pull off a recount in Pennsylvania.
And even if Stein were to clear all those hurdles by Monday, the recount still would likely fall through, and Trump would still be president:
7. Both the left and the right on Twitter are calling Stein's recount efforts a scam. Via SooperMexican:
When even Matt Yglesias is accusing Stein of running a scam, then it's probably a scam.
originally posted by: derfreebie
a reply to: JesusXst
Best thread of the month so far for potential, F&S!
Hillary lost... so far. The atomic weasels all lined up
for the dirty tricks phase.. and Jill Stein did every-
thing but start a GoFundHer. After it got rolling,
evidently even with a money bot involved and
foreign bankrollling, Hillary's crew said "Oh yeah.."
Now we've got Obama railing against the recount
in any form. Why, Barry: you STUMPED for her. Ad-
mittedly it was after the All Clear was sounded by
Lynch and Comey-- the latter putting on the horns
and breastplate to sing in the House hearings.
This is 200% speculation, but I'm going to do the usual
brain squirt anyway. IF Hillary ends up at loggerheads,
with a majority GOP Congress and no confirmation of
her (Soros') pick for a SCOTUS justice on a drunk bet...
there would also be enough time to slap together yet
another (FIRST) investigation into the Foundation, no
matter if she had the football or not.
We just went through six years of congressional/presi-
dential gridlock, maybe a lot more judging the results--
but what could result from Hil getting shoehorned in
to Pennsylvania Avenue after this campaign (by her and
everyone around her) would make Bush-Gore look like
Ozzie and Harriet on an extra bottle of Dom Perignon.
There are a whole lot of cards in that Hoyle skyscraper,
bet on it. And I think both sides are getting nervous.
With this family's known history of finding and vacuuming
dirt, would anybody see no danger in a full discovery??
originally posted by: carewemust
I SEE A PATTERN FORMING. President Obama is the one who forced Hillary to call Donald Trump and concede on election night.
Now, he's against the recount effort.
You think President Obama is actually GLAD that Hillary lost?