It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Find it strange they are more worried about the privilege of being diverse than ensuring a society where each person has the pride to contribute to social programs than living off them?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I think if I pay for a ticket to see a play, I don't want to have to sit and listen to a lecture from a bunch of butthurt Liberals.

“We had to ask ourselves, how do we cope with this?” Mr. Seller said. “Our cast could barely go on stage the day after the election. The election was painful and crushing to all of us here.

These snowflakes really need to get a grip.

Says the sympathizer.
Hate supports hate and is blind otherwise.

Believe me.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
is this the "harassment" trump was talking about?
lol
edit on 20-11-2016 by Redin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That was rude, ignorant and very presumptuous, what that cast member said and it was based exclusively on a false narrative put out by the MSM ie: Bannon's a racist, Sessions also a racist.

It was BS, but only goes to show how effective the campaign by the MSM try to paint Trump/Pence in this light.

Very rude and very ignorant, but it goes to show how much work Trump needs to do to try to mend the divide and dispel these impressions.

Simply demanding that they apologize for it, doesn't speak to it or shed light on the ignorance in back of it.

edit on 20-11-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It was a good example of free speech.

This has nothing to do with free speech.

The whole idea of free speech also includes the listener. No one should be forced to listen to someone else's viewpoints.

This is precisely why free speech is not protected at work. Not for the sake of the speaker but for the sake of the listener.

Pence went to go see a play. He did not go to deal with political questions from members of the cast. Pence was forced to listen to their political ideology which was a violation of his rights.

The cast was unprofessional and inappropriate. If they wanted to make a political statement they could have handed out flyers with the same message. I am sure Pence would have politely obliged and looked at their flyer.

A non mandatory flyer would have been free speech. What they did was force their opinion on their audience which is not the essence of free speech.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Well it seems that pence went the right way, he said he wasent offended by how the crowd or what the actors had to say.

Does that mean that trump does not need a safe place anymore.

I am sure he'll be safe in the Whitehouse.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I disagree.

And I'll tell you why.

When Benjamin Netanyahu visited, he was openly boo'd.
When Hillary went, she was warmly embraced.

Pence knew what he was doing. Maybe he was even planning/hoping it would happen.

They also did their little speech after the show. So it didn't interrupt the performance.

I think the whole thing was planned.

If it was, then it was brilliant. It has filled the news for the past few days.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't have much of a problem with what they did, although I feel it was unprofessional.

I have more of a problem that you identified this as the type of free speech defended by our Constitution, which it is not.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When will celebrities actors and singers understand we don't want to be lectured. You're paid to act so make with the laugh laugh jester! Sheesh

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I don't think there are types of free speech.

There just is free speech, free expression.

We'll just have to disagree.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Christ can't you children express an opinion without using the word "butthurt" all the time? This isn't YouTube and you're not 15.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
The whole idea of free speech

The whole idea of free speech is protection from censorship, and literally nothing you suggested.

It is not the greatest example of Free Speech. Your interpretation is still worse with the 'listener' reverse logic.
edit on 20-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabiliswell god bless us another group of people who believed hillarys bull shaat about trump being anti diversity.they are in the right because this country is based on freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Logarock

Yea and could you imagine Obama getting lectured like this under same conditions? Without it being called something other than what folks are calling this.

Yes - life really should be more fair

After all - the Donny won because of white butthurt. Obviously inequality is what this is all about

LOL yes, yes and white guilt really pushed Obama over the top for the big win.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

This has nothing to do with free speech.

Of course it does.

The whole idea of free speech also includes the listener. No one should be forced to listen to someone else's viewpoints.

That's bizarre. Do you think he was held against his will or something? Please, tell me about this use of force.

This is precisely why free speech is not protected at work. Not for the sake of the speaker but for the sake of the listener.

Wow. You don't think it has to do with potential legal repercussions that the company might be liable for?

Pence went to go see a play. He did not go to deal with political questions from members of the cast. Pence was forced to listen to their political ideology which was a violation of his rights.

That's just silly. Either you're mentally ill and perceive acts of force where there is none, or you're trolling here. Do you know what the word even means?

A non mandatory flyer would have been free speech. What they did was force their opinion on their audience which is not the essence of free speech.

Let me make something abundantly clear. Nobody is capable of forcing their opinion on another. It's not possible. You have a very bizarre perception of reality.
edit on 20-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Find it strange they are more worried about the privilege of being diverse than ensuring a society where each person has the pride to contribute to social programs than living off them?

In last election we had a county next to this one vote down some social tax event. The loss included the discontinuation of WICK among other things.....so it was reported.

Anyway the local new treated all the tax payers to a bit where they let a dependent mother with baby in arms berate the tax payers that voted this down. Even asking if they were going to feed the baby?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've heard on a couple of reports about this the show being referred to as being sold out, so I got curious.

I picked a random date, Wed. Nov. 30 for a 8 PM show and it turns out the show is sold out to resellers, not people who bought them to attend. 126 tickets are in fact available for just the one show at huge prices.

I don't see this as a free speech issue in the slightest to be honest. It's not. The real issue is should a person who pays in many cases a full day or more of their income to see a show be entitled to see the show minus being ambushed for political reasons and this was an ambush, right down to the protesters lurking outside like vultures.

I'll never get the argument this was OK for any reason. Just like I don't think a person can argue with a straight face that if they go in a store to buy anything, it's right for an employee to ambush them for political reasons.

It's sad if we have reached a place where ANYONE could have this happen to them and ANYONE could actually say it is OK.
edit on 11/20/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't ever want to see a time where people are inhibited from speaking out.

When we start qualifying expression, then it becomes too easy to censor.

We're seeing it all the time now with "offensive speech" and "hurtful speech" that is being bandied about.

I don't want it to be one-sided either. Do I agree with what "ass-face actor" said?

Hell no.

But I'll defend his right to say it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So, things like not acting rudely to paying customers is no longer wrong? If you went in a store to buy some groceries and the teller who was a Vegan lectured you for buying meat and had friends waiting outside to heckle you as you left the store, that's perfectly OK and acceptable behavior, because that's the exact same thing?

Just because a person can do something, does not mean they should, nor does it mean they are not a total ass for doing it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It as done after the show. Nothing was stopping Pence from walking out.

If I was shopping, bought my cans of corn and then someone wanted to preach about the Wonders of Hillary, I could simply walk away.

This was not an infringement on Pence's rights.

In my opinion.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join