It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: goou111

Wtf? Protect you from what?

What I love about your question is it pretty much proves how much damage an echo chamber can do

I can understand when people don't agree that people's concerns are real - but to not even know what those concerns are?

This is (partly) how we got our new king

I think it would be a good idea to read around - that won't mean you're cheap

:-)

Then please explain what those concerns are and why a Trump administration is going to do more or less to protect you than Obama has.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: UKTruth
...and here is one of the Hamilton crew's adverts for people:

Seeking NON-WHITE men and women, ages 20s to 30s, for Broadway and upcoming Tours!

So that is diversity then, as long as you are not white.

That should not be allowed. How can a so called 'liberal' see that and not see how blatantly racist it is?

More importantly how can someone whose show excludes white actors explicitly in an advert then lecture Mike Pence on 'all people'. Just more hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

a reply to: hangedman13

Since most of your post is about things that have been discussed to death already - and because I'm only on my first cup of coffee, I'm going to focus on this:

That only would work IF they were willing to listen. It's hilarious that people everywhere are jumping at what Trump and Pence might do, the man hasn't even been sworn in yet and already people are working themselves into a lather over it!

I assume you meant if the cast/audience was willing to listen to his response?

Trump and Pence haven't been sworn in yet, but they have both stated the things they want to do and plan on doing. I think people have plenty to go on and their questions are legitimate. If they were just talking? Well, what can any of us say about that

Either way - there was something there that could have turned into a dialogue. Only problem is, one of the guys stood up and walked out when he could have very easily turned and said something - anything. The other guy just tweets they need to apologize

That our next president is more concerned with the cast of Hamilton apologizing than he is with the many, many issues that he has on his plate now - what should we say about that?

What can we say about a president and vice president that won't even play the game? All he had to do is tweet that he will work on behalf of all people. But, no - his first priority is to get them to apologize - for something he's going to be dealing with on a much larger scale day in day out for the next four years. Apparently, he decided it was important enought that he tweeted about it again last night:

The cast and producers of Hamilton, which I hear is highly overrated, should immediately apologize to Mike Pence for their terrible behavior

Of course, trashing SNL is also a priority:

I watched parts of @nbcsnl Saturday Night Live last night. It is a totally one-sided, biased show - nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?

Equal time? He knows he won - right?

:-)

No, you don't bow to silly little children by pandering to them. That is why these liberals are so whiny in the first place. Until Trump came along, no one seemed to be calling out their tantrums.

Pence did the right thing and Trump is free to speak his mind on the matter. Doing so has no bearing on what he 'has on his plate'. It would have taken him 5 seconds to tweet. The argument that by responding he is somehow not focused on building his team is complete nonsense.

As for the cast - they failed to provide any balance to their monologue. Hence, it was a whiny load of drivel.
edit on 20/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Seeking NON-WHITE men and women, ages 20s to 30s, for Broadway and upcoming Tours!

That should not be allowed. How can a so called 'liberal' see that and not see how blatantly racist it is?

More importantly how can someone whose show excludes white actors explicitly in an advert then lecture Mike Pence on 'all people'. Just more hypocrisy.

It's fine to be exclusive to one race .. if you are not white.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's fine to be exclusive to one race .. if you are not white.

Seems like it. That must be the new definition of diversity.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Let's start you out slow :-)

What Lessons America Can Learn From This Election Cycle

House speaker Paul Ryan materialized Tuesday morning and said: “Welcome to the dawn of a new unified Republican government.” The GOP is taking control of the White House and congress and at least 33 governor’s mansions.

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist

Th is quote from Donald Trump’s top strategist will frighten small-government Republicans

What might Trump's deportations look like? 'A system that defies imagination'

Muslims in Trump's America: realities of Islamophobic presidency begin to sink in

The Trump-Pence victory has cast a serious shadow over future access to abortion and birth control, but women’s advocates won’t go down without a fight

'They are scared': teachers grapple with fear and bullying after Trump victory

John McCain: 'I don't give a damn – no waterboarding' under Trump

De Blasio Tells Trump Concerns About Immigrants, Police Tactics

Across the World, Shock and Uncertainty at Trump’s Victory

Concerns and fears about President-elect Trump (2 letters)

Barack Obama seeks to calm US allies over Trump concerns

US, EU meet amid concern over Trump presidency

Trump Victory Causes ‘Serious Concerns’ in Middle East

Conservatives have concerns about Sessions as Trump's attorney general

The only thing that concerns people more than Donald Trump is Steve Bannon

Donald Trump draws sharp rebuke, concerns over Stephen Bannon appointment

Trump environmental policies causing concern

Concerns over Trump policies overshadow APEC meet

Concerns About Conflicts and Nepotism Under Donald Trump

All That Stand Between Trump and Major Ethics Lapses Are Political Norms. Oh God.

Trump Meeting With Indian Business Partners Raises Fresh Conflict of Interest Concerns

Trump team promises press pool, but concerns remain

There's more - obviously

Like I said - I don't expect you to agree these are real concerns. Claiming you don't know what these concerns are is something you can only say if you admit you've never been interested

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

False outrage. This is called casting. When you cast for parts, you frequently require people who meet certain demographic requirements. Sometimes characters are black, sometimes they are women, and so on.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, you don't bow to silly little children by pandering to them. That is why these liberals are so whiny in the first place. Until Trump came along, no one seemed to be calling out their tantrums.

Will you be happier when the real crackdowns begin?

That ought to teach the silly children to mind themselves and learn their place

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No. I think unless you are an ILLEGAL immigrant your concerns are just unfounded cry baby bs.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I guess my question is what do you think is going to happen to you or these actors with a Trump administration?

How different is your life or theirs going to be and in what way?

Are there going to be racist zombie hordes running around eating black people and Mexicans?

edit on 20-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim
False outrage. This is called casting. When you cast for parts, you frequently require people who meet certain demographic requirements. Sometimes characters are black, sometimes they are women, and so on.

But you can not implicitly state 'one ethnicity need not apply' - the 'non' part of their advertisement. It is against the rules of their own theater guild which is why they were forced to apologize. They should have said 'looking for X ethnicity for certain role(s)'.

edit on 20-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Will you be happier when the real crackdowns begin?

That ought to teach the silly children to mind themselves and learn their place

Crack downs against free speech? No.
Just don't pandering.

I would like a crack down on rioting though.
Reagan had to authorise the use of deadly force in California during his time as Governor. I suspect Trump will need to do the same.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Read further on the story. As quoted above, they were in the wrong.
Perhaps they forgave themselves for their misuse of language, but find it hard to believe others may be misinterpreted?
Maybe they should listen to their own preaching and start improving their own house first.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I guess my question is what do you think is going to happen to you or these actors with a Trump administration?

How different is your life or theirs going to be and in what way?

Are there going to be racist zombie hordes running around eating black people and Mexicans?

Why does it matter what I think may happen? This is about a message sent by the cast of Hamilton and, on ATS, the fascist contingent's desire to suppress and shame. The point is that many minorities, like many members of the cast of Hamilton, are concerned because whether you want to admit it or not, Trump and the American Right have seized power on a campaign of hate, racism, sexism, and promoting incipient fascism. If one is white, heterosexual, and not too mouthy politically, one may fear only in the middle to long term that these people will destroy our country politically, socially, and economically. If one is not, one might be concerned that very soon they'll be dragged around behind trucks for the crime of being different.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Read further on the story. As quoted above, they were in the wrong.
Perhaps they forgave themselves for their misuse of language, but find it hard to believe others may be misinterpreted?
Maybe they should listen to their own preaching and start improving their own house first.

You quoted one line with no source or attribution. Perhaps if you'd like me to dig deeper than your post you could share your sources.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But you can not implicitly state 'one ethnicity need not apply' - the 'non' part of their advertisement. It is against the rules of their own theater guild which is why they were forced to apologize. They should have said 'looking for X ethnicity for certain role(s)'.

I take your point. I imagine it was an honest mistake, as in the context of Hamilton the whole point is to have minorities portraying parts of history that overwhelmingly associated with caucasians.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

sry I replied to the wrong post. Was asking the OP.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I take your point. I imagine it was an honest mistake...

Perhaps, but I do not think we will ever know. Regardless, it was poorly written and did not convey a good message.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well it seems that pence went the right way, he said he wasent offended by how the crowd or what the actors had to say.

Does that mean that trump does not need a safe place anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join