It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DAVID64

I think if you're about to be the Vice President of the United States of America, you don't get a break for a play... you are in service of the people 24/7. That's the job he signed up for.

Yep, kind of like our golfing "president" right now.. pfft..

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Pence just came out as saying he idolizes Dick Cheney. Three cheers for the Hamilton cast booing this jerk.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

If people feel they need to call our political reps out, then by all means do so, not once, but at every corner, if they can't handle the heat then.......................get out of the kitchen.

Perhaps we should have done this with the past 5 presidents and we wouldn't be in such a state.

Absolutely. We elect people to represent us - not rule over us. I've never understood this need for an idol. They're only people - no different from the rest of us

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Pence just came out as saying he idolizes Dick Cheney. Three cheers for the Hamilton cast booing this jerk.

I just used the word idol in a post funny thing. People are infatuated by power - and forget the consequences

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do not agree that this is a free speech issue. It's an issue of whether or not a paying customer has the right to not be harassed by employee's.

Does that include buying the same wedding cake you sell to all others?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
If feel bad for Pence's daughter, who is a double major in creative writing and screenwriting and was forced to watch the people she admired turn her passion into politics and call her father a bigot.

Boo-freeking-who!!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: Konduit
If feel bad for Pence's daughter, who is a double major in creative writing and screenwriting and was forced to watch the people she admired turn her passion into politics and call her father a bigot.

Boo-freeking-who!!

Lol. Yep. Why do people come up with these fantasies just so they can justify their hatred towards people who have opinions opposite of theirs? Konduit had his feelings hurt more than Pence or his daughter and he didn't even pay for a ticket.

Btw, no one cares. Pence was cool with it and the only people who are crying are Trump and those who weren't there. Typical opportunistic mouth breathers.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Leader of movement that was largely built on rejection of political correctness and a hatred of SJW nonsense... Tweets this two hours ago:

Hilarious.

That's it RIGHT there...right there it hits every factor that the right calls us lefties

Trump was triggered by a low key statement
Trump wants (let's remember this now...IN HIS OWN WORDS) a SAFE and special place
Trump wants an apology

Boom...he hit three markers right there. Trump is indeed being a snowflake and wants a safe space

And btw are we all missing what DBCowboy said? Free speech. This is free speech in action

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

For the sake of even handedness, yes, the fact that this was an example of free speech, not something to get ones knickers in a bunch over, has been dealt with by posters in this thread, myself included

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think that a politician should be able to go to the zoo with his children and not have to answer questions about his policies.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

No one is saying he doesn't have free speech. A toddler has free speech, but it doesn't mean you want to hear her crying all day. What was said is more in the area of self-promotion and public relations. It was self-aggrandizing, vain, and without scruple.

As for Trump's tweet, remember that Trump is an internet troll. He is likely mocking these people.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A democratic federal presidential republic Then.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

I think you are an Inmigrant because you are not native american, I also think you are a bit ignorant because you dont understand how the country and the world works, but you are engaged in politics so you are in the right path. Keep reading and Try to develop critical thinking. God help us all.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You my friend are correct, You mean like they casted Tom Cruise as the Last Samuray, lol. Oh my god white ppl please be careful your kids are listening. You are harming your kids by pretending that they are better than every other ethnic group. You are pushing them to use Meth and live in absolute consumerism, thats your doing not the liberals. Im just going to rescue a couple of your daughters thats all i can do.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

I do not agree that this is a free speech issue. It's an issue of whether or not a paying customer has the right to not be harassed by employee's.

Does that include buying the same wedding cake you sell to all others?

Yes it does. No paying customers should ever be treated badly by a business. It's just plain old fashioned common sense to most people.

Funny thing is, I suspect if that actor were to be treated badly by a business they would likely be screaming it to the world and condemning the same thing they just did themselves. Hypocrisy runs very deep when it comes to politics.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blaine91555

I disagree.

If you walk into a venue that has previously been hostile to Netanyahu and favorable to Hillary, if you walk into a venue that caters to an ideology that you may not agree with, if you walk into a venue like that, then you should anticipate that someone might exercise their freedom of speech to speak out.

We are talking about going to an entertainment event here, not the DNC headquarters. That's a bit absurd IMO. Bigotry is always wrong and doubly wrong when it's harassment. A play is not a political event.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Artists have always been the first bastion to voice dissent.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hillary was embraced at the same play.
Netanyahu was boo'd at the same play.

Apologies, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I agree with you.

But I give up the argument. It doesn't seem many people understand the essence of free speech.

It's the same mentality that believes some have the Right to stomp all over other peoples Right's, but scream when someone just brushes up against their Right's. I think most people get it and most people are not hateful and rude, but they quietly go about living their own lives and don't want to be the center of attention.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

oh lord so now we are arguing about the merit of the play? ill tell you something your ignorance or conscientious stupidity is bringing me closer to god. Im not religious.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join