It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That owner and these actors are both pricks. But They do have the right to be a prick. I have the right to boycott them for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry DBC, that does not change the fact it was horrible behavior and any credible business would have gotten rid of anyone involved in a heartbeat.

Yes, it is not a legal issue, but still it's hate, pure and simple hate to go after someone on their private time.

Now if they wanted to protest in front of the White House or an official function, that is fine with me and that would be how any decent person would go about protesting.

It we are reaching the point where this kind of behavior is acceptable, we are devolving socially to a level occupied by lowlifes.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm arguing whether or not it was good or bad behavior and whether it was right or wrong.

I can stand in front of my house and flip the bird to my neighbors as they drive by, but should I act like that? No, I should not. I'd be genuine ass, just like those involved in this and anyone applauding me for doing it would be an ass also IMO.
edit on 11/20/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It was hate.
It was horrible behavior.
It was unprofessional.

It was biased.
It was unintelligent.
It was partisan.

Free speech isn't always smart, professional, timely. In fact, when it's debated (like now) it's hardly ever even appropriate.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Mike Pence On Hamilton: "I Wasn't Offended; That's What Freedom Sounds Like"

www.zerohedge.com...

EDIT: How many heads would explode if Pence invited the cast to perform at the White House?
edit on 20-11-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You better believe these people felt they were in the right and doing good by speaking their mind, but of course these are subjective qualities and I see both (multiple, actually) sides.

I get what you're saying, and normally doing something like this is way out of line, but these people genuinely felt they were making an exception and taking a stand for a cause they believed in. It would certainly be unprofessional if they did it in the middle of the play, or if they used rather harsh tones, but reading what they actually said... you can tell they're passionate, but still composed. It could have come out a lot worse than it did.

As for the grocery shopping analogy... I mean this has happened to me many times in recent years. It's pretty weird having kids who are supposed to serve you coping an attitude, or bitching about petty stuff when you are the customer. Generally I don't find the need to not go to the store over an idiot employee, so I get a manager and have a word with him.

There's many options, and in this case Pence could have walked out if he wanted. He could also talk about it publicly, or simply choose to never go to the theater again. People can also choose the same, and are talking about it... and changing their taste for this venue in favor or against. That whole freedom thing, you know.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That owner and these actors are both pricks. But They do have the right to be a prick. I have the right to boycott them for it.

Yes I don't know that it couldn't be said that the ticket holders had terms and conditions violated. They came to see the play and paid cash money to include Pence. His money was taken and in the spirit of product and service being rendered ect ect. He was singled out not on a street corner. How would this look in a restaurant?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As someone who's views would most often be labeled as "conservative" and as someone who supported Trump, I'd have preferred if Trump and Pence supporters had just let the actions of these folks speak for themselves, instead of engaging in drawn out conversations about it.

Nothing the actors said was going to sway anyone to "their side". Rather, every time they engage in obnoxious behavior it just tends to drives people away. Quit calling on them to stop it, let them run with it.

Conservative's time would be better spent trying to address what obnoxious and embarrassing behavior exists in our own camp.

edit on 20-11-2016 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
Conservative's time would be better spent trying to address what obnoxious and embarrassing behavior exists in our own camp.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes I don't know that it couldn't be said that the ticket holders had terms and conditions violated. They came to see the play and paid cash money to include Pence. His money was taken and in the spirit of product and service being rendered ect ect. He was singled out not on a street corner. How would this look in a restaurant?

You ate the meal, you pay for it. You leave no tip and write a bad review.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

I worry about our future if these people could do this and so many could either justify it somehow or not condemn them for that kind of behavior.

I guess I'm getting old and missing when civility was the norm and people who acted like that could not get a job, let alone remain in their job.

I also realize that the politicians themselves share in the blame considering how horribly they have acted themselves. I should mention I'm not a Trump or Hillary supporter and it's the behavior that got me posting about this.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I think rude behavior has always been around.

I fear more a time when we can't speak freely.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm all for free speech, and the 1st amendment, but what a bunch of whining a-holes. Typically the audience are the patron's/guest to be treated with respect for even showing up.

The message was condescending, presumptuous, directed at one person, and racist. Pence went to see a play that he paid for, not to listen to a flippin lecture on racism, because the play said all that already. smh

Pence should have asked for his money back, because singling an audience member out, then giving him a condescending presumptuous lecture is way over the top ignorant.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the time Joe Biden went to that NASCAR race and the announcer, right after the race ended, got on the loudspeaker and berated Biden and mention how people that bitterly clung to their religion and their guns were nervous about the incoming Obama administration? Me either.

Stay classy left wingers. I don't think you've quite yet realize that actions on your side after the election are validating the choice that so many made. Please keep up this childishness as long as you can. The longer you act like this the less time you have to look in the mirror and figure out why so many of your core constituents voted the way they did. It's quite apparent that you prefer virtue signaling than actual reflecting on what really happened and how you've alienated the largest demographic group in the nation.

How stupid does one have to be to pick a fight with one who is soon to be one of the most powerful people on the planet, simply to virtue signal to people who already agree with you? I doubt there is a single person who voted for Trump who cares the tiniest bit what the lead actor in popular broadway musical thinks about politics.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If no one there was informed their would be additional political commentary at the end of the play, yes they were forced to listen.

What they did may be not be illegal, but what they did is not the essence of the first amendment.

If someone talks in my presence I am forced to listen to them. Their opinion was forced on me. Forcing their opinions into my ears is possible. Forcing me to change my mind is not. I did not use the English language incorrectly, you simply misunderstood me.

They were not exercising their first amendment rights, they trapped Pence into listing to them.

The only reason my employer has a right to determine my speech at work is because my co-workers or customers may be forced to hear something they are offended by. Because the person has no escape from my speech my employer must protect their ears from my opinions.

The only purpose for restrictions for non-classified speech has to do with the listener. And we have never collectively disagreed with this principle.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Stay classy left wingers. I don't think you've quite yet realize that actions on your side after the election are validating the choice that so many made. Please keep up this childishness as long as you can. The longer you act like this the less time you have to look in the mirror and figure out why so many of your core constituents voted the way they did. It's quite apparent that you prefer virtue signaling than actual reflecting on what really happened and how you've alienated the largest demographic group in the nation.

lol . . . EXACTLY

The Right needs to focus on governing well over the next few years, not bemoaning something like this. You can see the left already spinning the Right's conversation about this into an attack on free speech. The best reaction by the Right, from a practical standpoint, should have been a non-reaction. And that includes Trump.

edit on 20-11-2016 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Trump is a business man. This would be inappropriate if it werd done by any of his employees.

So he called them on their BS. I agree with Trump.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I'm all for free speech, and the 1st amendment, but what a bunch of whining a-holes. Typically the audience are the patron's/guest to be treated with respect for even showing up.

The message was condescending, presumptuous, directed at one person, and racist. Pence went to see a play that he paid for, not to listen to a flippin lecture on racism, because the play said all that already. smh

Pence should have asked for his money back, because singling an audience member out, then giving him a condescending presumptuous lecture is way over the top ignorant.

Trump ran a campaign which sought to completely destroy what we used to consider conventional politeness and common courtesy. Political correctness was out the window - saying it like it is, no matter how many people it offended - was supposed to be our new way forward

People were told to toughen up, shake it off - not be such whiny snowflakes

Pence will face much worse than this. He's Vice President. He's an elected official - not a deity

The cast of Hamilton was actually quite polite even if what they did was unusual

I love how people crave conventional politeness and decorum when it's for their people - but insist other people just suck it up when the crap is flying in the other direction

The hypocrisy is pretty thick these days

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

If no one there was informed their would be additional political commentary at the end of the play, yes they were forced to listen.

There's these things called legs... do you not have a pair? You're not being logical, and you have no clue what the word "forced" means.

If someone talks in my presence I am forced to listen to them. Their opinion was forced on me. Forcing their opinions into my ears is possible. Forcing me to change my mind is not. I did not use the English language incorrectly, you simply misunderstood me.

Yes, you absolutely are using the English language incorrectly, and you are punishing yourself for your own ignorance. It's a shame.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do not agree that this is a free speech issue. It's an issue of whether or not a paying customer has the right to not be harassed by employee's.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join