It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

I am punishing myself for my own ignorance.

Wow.

I'm sure he could have just covered his ears and screamed lalalalalala I can't hear you as he was leaving.

Your punishing yourself with semantics in an attempt to be right. I have no problem understanding you, but you still seem confused.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I disagree.

If you walk into a venue that has previously been hostile to Netanyahu and favorable to Hillary, if you walk into a venue that caters to an ideology that you may not agree with, if you walk into a venue like that, then you should anticipate that someone might exercise their freedom of speech to speak out.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do not agree that this is a free speech issue. It's an issue of whether or not a paying customer has the right to not be harassed by employee's.

I agree with you.

But I give up the argument. It doesn't seem many people understand the essence of free speech.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If feel bad for Pence's daughter, who is a double major in creative writing and screenwriting and was forced to watch the people she admired turn her passion into politics and call her father a bigot.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A little off topic, but then again not so much ... I remember when the German Wall came down, I remember it all like it was yesterday. It was the people who did it, the people who stood up (the East German people, who are my people, mind you, not the entire German Nation) stood up for what they wanted, not the politicians, who were thinking about putting tanks on the streets to fight the peaceful masses down. People need to be able to express their fears just as much as their hopes and dreams. Openly. Why not from a stage when nobody listens to them on the streets? I applaud what the cast did there.
And if they are wrong in what they fear, people like M. Pence and D. Trump should talk to them and explain what their real intentions are, not diss them nor ignore them. Talk to them! We're all people, aren't we?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Realtruth

I'm all for free speech, and the 1st amendment, but what a bunch of whining a-holes. Typically the audience are the patron's/guest to be treated with respect for even showing up.

The message was condescending, presumptuous, directed at one person, and racist. Pence went to see a play that he paid for, not to listen to a flippin lecture on racism, because the play said all that already. smh

Pence should have asked for his money back, because singling an audience member out, then giving him a condescending presumptuous lecture is way over the top ignorant.

Trump ran a campaign which sought to completely destroy what we used to consider conventional politeness and common courtesy. Political correctness was out the window - saying it like it is, no matter how many people it offended - was supposed to be our new way forward

People were told to toughen up, shake it off - not be such whiny snowflakes

Pence will face much worse than this. He's Vice President. He's an elected official - not a deity

The cast of Hamilton was actually quite polite even if what they did was unusual

I love how people crave conventional politeness and decorum when it's for their people - but insist other people just suck it up when the crap is flying in the other direction

The hypocrisy is pretty thick these days

You have a point there.

Trump is a Hypocrite, but I don't believe Pence has been bombastic tool yet, so we should give him a break.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

No, you are absolutely right.

Pence has not been a bombastic tool yet, but his lack of flair does not prevent him from having been a tool in the past. He's been involved with some pretty shady working groups on matters of homosexuality, made some foolhardy recommendations as a part of that group, said some less than savvy things about various sectors of the population without any just cause of provocation...

But let's give him the benefit of the doubt, ignore years of his political discourse and his voting record on certain matters, and give him the ball to run with? I mean, it's only the nation and its unit cohesion that is on the line here, nothing important or major at all!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It was a good example of free speech.

And they did not get beat up by trump supporters. Would this have been the other way around however..

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: DAVID64

These snowflakes really need to get a grip.

Yeah like Trump demanding on twitter than the theatre should be a "safe place".

Snowflakes everywhere.

❄️❄️️❄️️❄️️❄️️

Should it not be?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DAVID64

I think if you're about to be the Vice President of the United States of America, you don't get a break for a play... you are in service of the people 24/7. That's the job he signed up for.

But obama going on million dollar holidays was ok right?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

:-)

He is the willing Vice President to a bombastic tool (which, nice choice of words)

However, that's not what makes this OK . I don't see it as much being about what he deserves as this is what he signed on to - he's no longer a private citizen. He is second in command (in January) of our entire nation

He isn't royalty - and he should be available to the people

Just because this sort of thing doesn't happen on a regular basis doesn't mean it's wrong. Under ordinary circumstances they would have left him alone for the evening, but these aren't ordinary circumstances

Believe me Realtruth, I get that people don't understand the concern other people are feeling. I can see that for many this is just whining. They might not like that they made that statement, but they should support the freedom to make it regardless

Especially now. This is something all of us should be defending - Trump supporters too

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But let's give him the benefit of the doubt, ignore years of his political discourse and his voting record on certain matters, and give him the ball to run with? I mean, it's only the nation and its unit cohesion that is on the line here, nothing important or major at all!

Exactly. No free pass - no unearned respect

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I wanted to respond to the thread more generally, to respond to some of the things I have read which got posted between my first response, and this page.

Most of all, I want to utterly refute and repudiate ANY suggestion that this was not activity covered by freedom of speech, or outside the remit of the actors, management or anyone else. Let me be absolutely clear here, it most certainly WAS protected free speech, as all free speech is. It was not illegal, immoral, grounds for a lawsuit, or indeed any other ridiculous suggestion which takes away from the legitimacy of the act itself. It was freedom of speech made manifest, and if you want to ban it, if you want to place limits on it, or complain about it, then you need to get rid of your first amendment entirely or make an amendment to it. Until you remove the segment which prohibits the abridging of freedom of speech, you have not got a leg to stand on in the least.

Your nation entertains the existence of the Westboro Baptist Church, permits the continued proliferation of White Power movements, and prevents their harmful, phobic dross from being edited out of your history, your political discourse, or the lives of ordinary people. If these foul bodies can exist within the flesh of your population, then there is, I think, room for actors to make a statement at the end of a play, which does not amount to a hate crime, which does not take issue with the targets race, colour, or religion, which does not threaten, which does not actually insult at all, and which follows a grand tradition of the stage, of the profession they have chosen.

In short, freedom of speech will ALWAYS throw up a result you do not agree with. But if you want to be protected from the result of it, then you do not want freedom of speech, and you are therefore at variance with the constitution, and regardless of the right or the wrong of it in your eyes, the constitution will win out here, and it has to. How many liberties are you prepared to give up for your precious bubble and its maintenance? How many of the protections offered you by your constitution, are you prepared to forgo? You have already abandoned your privacy and permitted a president to come to office who will not stop the intelligence services from using their surveillance across the board. Some states have instituted laws or regulations on the freedom to bear arms. What else, I wonder, would you give up to better allow your own enslavement?

Either everyone is free to speak their mind, or no one is. It is that simple. So, if you can put up with Sean bloody Hannity, Mike Pence, or Trump, then you can damned well suck it up when some thespians make proper use of their time, and engage in the odd bit of free speech.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Hefficide

Leader of movement that was largely built on rejection of political correctness and a hatred of SJW nonsense... Tweets this two hours ago:

Hilarious.

But really where have we seen the cast of something act like this? Was their something they thought Mike missed? Was what they said to Mike germain to any part of the production? And they would have been called racist or something it the shoe was on the other foot. They have Trumps response coming.

If it had been the other way around then for sure the liberals that speech would have been aimed at would have been seeking "Therapy" right after and they would have been very public about it claiming they now suffer from PTSD because they received a speech aimed at them while they "only wanted to see a play" and of course claim racism.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: BlueAjah

55% of eligible voters, voted. Less than half of half of American voters support Donald Trump.

Not if we take out the % that where allowed to vote without any legal ID and that voted more then once because of that.
Remember how having to show ID to vote all of a sudden got promoted to be "racist" from the left camp? Exactly.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
According to any standards of decency, it was rude. Remember when we kept our politics and religion to ourselves?

Thus saith the man with endless threads blaming "the left" for everything.

This has to be the most polite "rude"ness in human history. They voiced a concern to an elected official in a courteous manner.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I just finished reading all 18 pages of this thread and now opine on the subject.

First, to the bleeding heart liberals who can't express enough concern about their concerns regarding the Vice President Elect and the support thrown at the Cast of the play for their performance ending address of Mike Pence like a red carpet scrolled open to just below the threshold of the door they use exiting their limousinesque embodiment who's hive mind gloriously emanates free speech; it's plea, as if scribed unto stone tablets by supernatural forces and worded so perfectly that it will go down in history as the epitimy of first amendment rights usage hence forth to be remembered for it's message of utmost import and it's timelessness in the bigger scheme of things as if spoken directly by our creator, I just want to say, "Wow!"

To the right-wing gloaters who are enjoying the jousts with antagonistic voices they spout off to provoke the squirming and misty-eyed democrats who cant get that sour taste of defeat out of their mouths no matter how many pingpong pizzas they choke down at lunch, dinner and fundraisers in D.C., I just want to say, "Knock it off. Take the high road. Walk away and use your time on more valuable expenditures."

Lastly, toward the reply of one ATS member many pages back regarding our democracy, I just want to say, "The united states of America is a Constitutional Republic Not a Democracy, which as we know is nothing more than other words for 'Mob Rule'."
The Democratic Party is the epiphany of this misunderstanding of our Governing Bodies, whether it be sourced from places such as Arkansaw, Texas or Chicago, or an audio recording of a former President who signed a civil right document in the 1960's regarding democratic minority voters.

I believe God has, before the beginning of time, chosen an unrighteous man to fix the brokenness and corruption that has plagued our world throughout a score of past centuries. Whether or not this man is President Elect Donald Trump will be evident in the near future.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Your nation is a Democratic Republic.

It is both Republic, and Democracy, not one or the other. Without the one, the other would be impossible, by American standards anyway.

Still, anyone who believes blindly that America is ONLY a Republic, should have no trouble in forcing their government to stop exporting democracy around the world at the tip of a Hellfire missile, so I suppose that is something to be grateful for.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
I think that they handled this in a respectful and low key manner...it kind of put Pence in a tough spot, but I am sure his shoulders are broad enough, and there is nothing wrong with people in power listening to people's concerns (however unfounded they may be).

Personally, I place the blame for all of this post-election hysteria squarely on the shoulders of two networks. Those are the MSM and Democratic Party, who hard-sold the concept of Trump and his supporters (fully half of the Country!!) as sexists, racists, fascists, homophobes, xenophobes and generally crazy and dangerous people (with guns!) and...night after night, broadcast after broadcast, speech after speech...kept pounding this message out that a Trump Presidency would mean the end of the world as we know it.

So, of course, thousands - if not millions - of people felt disoriented, scared, confused, helpless and hopeless after Trump won. Of course these media sponges were shocked and horrified. Because the MSM and Democratic Party had brainwashed them all into believing that a win by the Republicans would mean their lives were over.

Never underestimate the power of propoganda, delivered by sober-faced and serious-sounding "experts", pundits, special interests and politicians - especially when it is uber-coordinated behind the scenes (spend some time with Podesta's Wikileaks file), to create a fog of fear within the populace.

I say, let these folks (the frightened ones) have their say, let them cry and pet their stress dogs, let them hold up their signs and chant their slogans for a while. Pretty soon they will begin to wake up to the fact that the sun is still coming up every day, and their lives are unchanged.

Longer term, assuming Trump is able to deliver on his platform...the immigration system will begin to function properly again, jobs and prosperity will begin to come back, women, African Americans, Hispanics, LGBTQ people (and others) will be treated fairly and equally under the law.

The true travesty here is the mind-screw that has been perpetrated on the masses by the MSM and the Democrats (with the help of the entertainment industry of course), and how many people have ended up with the hard-implanted notion that it is okay to fear and hate Republicans, white (privileged) people, masculinity, conservatives, the religious (unless they are Muslim of course), the successful (the evil 1%, capitalists), the climate change "deniers", the politically incorrect, etc. - all the while accusing these groups of being the hateful ones and the ones creating fear.

I truly do hope that the Trump Administration will be able to put the lie to the "ist" attack tactics of the MSM and the Democratic Party - and that they will come to understand that this is not a winning strategy for future elections. Maybe then there will be more rational discourse about the actual issues of the day, as opposed to the trading of character assassination attempts.

Interesting times...

Best comment of the thread... Hear! Hear!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

He is the willing Vice President to a bombastic tool (which, nice choice of words)

Well I'll agree with you in part here, because when a Republican, Democrat, or 3rd party, takes political public office they paint an invisible target, on themselves.

This target is basically a no holds bar on what people can say about them, or judge them because they are now a public servant, sometimes people forget that, and the leaders actually think they are royalty.

Being that holding a public office still shouldn't permit people to be rude, or harsh, unless it has some merit.

So again I will agree with you, maybe it is time, as a nation we start speaking up, and let these politicians know every damn day that they represent us, not lobbist's, special interests, or feel the need to shun the public that voted them in.

Calling people out in public is a great reflection, that is not new to the political field, but unfortunate the media has twisted things so poorly recently that lies from them, were as bad or worse than the politicians.

If people feel they need to call our political reps out, then by all means do so, not once, but at every corner, if they can't handle the heat then.......................get out of the kitchen.

Perhaps we should have done this with the past 5 presidents and we wouldn't be in such a state.

edit on 21-11-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join