It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Viciously Beaten by Man over Trump Argument at Brooklyn Restaurant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Anyone getting bashed is newsworthy but sadly one has to ask "is'nt the risk of the govt enslaving the people' a much more worthy thing to argue about?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm familiar with the adage (except it was "ass can't cash" around my neck of the woods) — in fact, it's one I've said myself — but I don't think I've ever heard it applied to circumstances like this.

Maybe there's some regional/cultural thing I missing here but I grew up in the Deep South and I've lived in the Northeast for 20 years now and in either place, I would say that the expectation that this assault would ever happen would be exceedingly low and yes, gender would be a factor in that calculation (just like the context of a family restaurant).

It's simply so against social mores that it would take something truly extreme — a devastating and sustained assault on this guy's psyche — for anyone to say, "Well that was really effed up but I don't know what she expected saying all that?" Even then, for him to finish his meal, pay his check, leave and come running back in pushing aside kids in highchairs to punch her in the face? This guy sounds pretty unhinged. In other words, an outlier when making that mental calculation.

Should she just operate under the assumption that anyone might be unhinged? What are the implications here? Avoid all confrontation at all costs? If somebody strikes up an argument, demure and hope that person goes away? Get up and leave? Of course not. There is a certain amount of disagreement and yes, arguing, that people expect to happen without an ensuing physical altercation.

I realize that you're agreeing that he's legally culpable and that what he did was wrong, etc but I think you're being too hasty when you assume that she got herself into a situation that put her at a reasonable risk of being punched.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
They keep saying they want equal treatment .
Looks like she got equal treatment .

Had it been a man beating a man entire thing would be a non-story .

That is just a wrong answer.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Counterintelligence
After all we have seen in this election it wouldn't surprise me if Soros and friends paid people to act as violent Ttump supporters and attack women..it fulfills the narrative. Meanwhile we have a black gang beating the living s*** out of a white driver for supporting Trump..and those guys certainly won't have been paid to do that. But which act of political violence do you think we will see on CNN etc?

So much disinformation and paid agitation has been PROVEN to come from the DMC that nothing would surprise me or practically anyone else..

Sure we have a few thousand student protestors..many of womb are paid..the rest are just naive or want to be part of a movement and they gave such a damn about voting against Trump that around half didn't even bother voting.

HOLY DEFLECTION. I mean REALLY? I am not surprised people would go this way though. Trump supporter does it, it must be a soros thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
They keep saying they want equal treatment .
Looks like she got equal treatment .

Had it been a man beating a man entire thing would be a non-story .

Get out of here with that ridiculousness. Getting sucker punched by someone translates to "equal treatment" how, exactly? Your silly argument would have a bit of merit if she had punched him first...no one could blame anyone, man or woman, for acting in self defense. But she did no such thing.

She simply exercised her right to free speech as a tax-paying American citizen, and got violently assaulted for it by a coward who had no reason to hit her and was too much of a pussy to confront her directly, so he caught her off guard with a sucker punch. So the only conclusion that can be drawn from your preposterous line of "reasoning" is that if a woman exercises her unalienable right to speak freely in a public establishment, then she has no right to complain if someone hauls off and knocks the hell out of her. Because that's how gender equality works in America. Gtfo with that ignorant, backward bullsh!t.

Equality being what it actually is, had this scumbag punched me in the face instead, he'd have left that restaurant in an ambulance...but I'm scrappy like that. This woman was brutally assaulted, and she has every right to speak out about it. He belongs in jail, period. Anyone who defends a person who violently assaults another human being like that with absolutely zero provocation is no better than he is either...ditto anyone who starred your inane post, period.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Call me old fashioned but any man who hits a woman is a coward.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

whotf, says crap like that, and who the bloody hell starred your comment, ATS, you are becoming a worry.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm saying that none of us exist in a vacuum and we all know tensions are extremely high.

Arguing with a stranger when we know the playing field is not a good idea. It's about having that verbal judo. Knowing how not to let ones ego get them in trouble.

That said, I am not unsympathetic. No one deserves to be attacked like this. This man, if you can call him that, deserves far worse than getting thrown in jail for assault.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

It is not old fashioned mate, it should be a standard.

The so called leaders of the free world have been on stage for all to see, and quite frankly this barbaric behaviour has been a bloody joke.

Maybe the reason american cops taze your butts before questioning is due to pure frustration, everyday they come across the same #e.....

Just pissin in the wind.

edit on 16/11/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I agree that physical violence is totally uncalled for in a verbal engagement....from either side. However, I do have a few questions about the incident that are not clear.

Q: Who was seated in the restaurant first, her party or theirs?

Q: Who started the interaction between the two groups?

Q: Were personal insults part of the discussion?

Q: Why was only one party moved to a new location and not both?

From the OP:

From Drost's understanding, two women, Clinton supporters, were sitting together eating dinner and discussing politics. A couple seated next to them, Trump supporters, began arguing with the women, and the women requested to be moved, Drost said. The servers accommodated the women by moving the Trump-supporter couple across the dining room. 

It seems that the assailant interrupted a conversation they were eavesdropping on between the victim and her friend. I'd imagine that it became heated and involved at least to some unacceptable level, as the two women requested a different table. That was the adult thing to do. However, since it was the assailant and his companion who rudely butted in on the women's conversation, and this was witnessed by other patrons, they relocated them instead...which was the right way to handle that situation. The women simply wanted to eat their meal in peace, so they were willing to get up and move if needed, to diffuse the situation.

I'm puzzled by your last question though...why would both parties have to get up and move? That doesn't make sense to me. Only one party needed to relocate in order to separate them. It would have been unnecessary to move both parties to another table, and likely not very easy if the restaurant was crowded and a lot of tables were already occupied. In this city, they likely would have just shown the rude couple to the door, but this was in NY so I can't speak to what is typical policy in that area.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

This changes things for me. I seem to have glossed over that part.

I was under the impression that this was a mutual argument over politics. Now that you break it down like that I see something wholly different here.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There are really no excuses for hitting anyone, other than self defence of yourself or your loved ones, which does not appear to be the case here.
The guy should now face the consequences of his actions.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Counterintelligence
After all we have seen in this election it wouldn't surprise me if Soros and friends paid people to act as violent Ttump supporters and attack women..it fulfills the narrative. Meanwhile we have a black gang beating the living s*** out of a white driver for supporting Trump..and those guys certainly won't have been paid to do that. But which act of political violence do you think we will see on CNN etc?

So much disinformation and paid agitation has been PROVEN to come from the DMC that nothing would surprise me or practically anyone else..

Sure we have a few thousand student protestors..many of womb are paid..the rest are just naive or want to be part of a movement and they gave such a damn about voting against Trump that around half didn't even bother voting.

HOLY DEFLECTION. I mean REALLY? I am not surprised people would go this way though. Trump supporter does it, it must be a soros thing.

When in doubt, whip the Soros out.

Longtime tactic. A bit over used, I think...but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Kettu

Don't measure the reasonableness of others by your own.

So we as a society should walk on egg shells to allow, permit and excuse poor behavior and self control?

A position like that is something I'd expect to find echoed by SJW's or something, people I am not a fan of.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Okay the man that hit this woman is either a very big pussy that should never come out in the public again or he was paid a lot of money or at least offered a lot of money to hit that woman.

No man with any ethical code within himself sucker punches anybody.... especially a woman. I have read nothing except for the opening post so I don't know if any further information has come out or not but I did gather enough information from the original post to say that much.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Holy Christ am I actually seeing people condone the assault of a woman over words on this site?! Wtf happened to ats . . .

I think the main thing that happened with ATS was 2012, it brought in a tooooon of these types. I really miss the old ATS too, and the cool/weird/scary/strange instead of all of the nonstop political and social issue crap.

As far as that goes...I have no idea how a woman getting punched in a restaurant over a political argument has ANY relevance to the original theme of this site...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I do agree it's wrong to use force to get a point across; having said that

you wrote this...

Look, I get it that my friend is outspoken and can argue very adamantly about her political views

from the quote

The guy came back almost running, and he started

From that description your friend must have mouthed off some serious crap for the guy to take a dive at her.

This is a beautiful kind woman who does a lot of volunteer work and speaks out about issues she's passionate

Maybe she spoke too loudly in a restaurant? What I don't get is the guy had to move across so many people to get to her? How loud was this caring passionate person mouthing off?

Something tell's me we're not getting the full story, but anyway it's in the Polices hands, so why bother posting?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

She did post them on her FB feed

Did she mention how loud she was, for the guy to come diving across so many people to get to her?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why should that matter? Are people actually attempting to make excuses for the violence? you can sure bet they wouldn't If it was a Trump fan who was attacked.
Disgusting tbh.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Instead I think we should treat her more like a hero.

How does an assault victim become a hero - she posted her life on facebook - she sound's like a Clinton loud mouthed victim.
In case English is not your first language, I'll help you

definition of Hero
a person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join