It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Viciously Beaten by Man over Trump Argument at Brooklyn Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I found out about this originally because this woman is my friend. I read her Facebook feed typically when I log in once a week or so. When she first mentioned getting beaten at a local restaurant I was skeptical, but as she posted photographs of her bruised and swollen face, explained that she's suffering from a concussion and knots on the back of her head, I was horrified.

How could a man just punch a woman in the face in a crowded restaurant full of families and children over a petty political debate? The woman said she didn't like Trump, the argument became volatile, the manager put the man and his friend at another table across the building, and after he went and paid in cash he ran back in and decked this innocent woman right in the eye extremely hard.

This is DISGUSTING behavior and I am ashamed.
Both sides of this political nonsense have gone too far already.
Beating a woman in front of the public and children at a restaurant ? What the hell?!

Read this crap folks, it's UNBELIEVABLE!
Male Trump Supporter Sucker-Punches Woman Who Disagrees with Him at Brooklyn Restaurant

A supporter of President-elect Donald Trump punched a woman in the face after arguing with her about politics on Saturday night at Bar Tabac, a French restaurant in Brooklyn, according to witnesses and the eatery itself.

Blake Drost, who tends bar at and manages social media for the business, Bar Tabac, said that he was not working the night of the assault, but that he spoke to staffers and customers who were at the restaurant, which is on Smith Street in Boerum Hill.

From Drost's understanding, two women, Clinton supporters, were sitting together eating dinner and discussing politics. A couple seated next to them, Trump supporters, began arguing with the women, and the women requested to be moved, Drost said. The servers accommodated the women by moving the Trump-supporter couple across the dining room.

Here is the eyewitness account we have so far:

All of a sudden, I hear a gasps and a ruckus behind, and I turned around and I see a man standing with his baby in a carrier on him in the middle of main dining room...and he looks totally stunned. Then I hear people yell, "call 911." So I assume that maybe there is something wrong with the baby or it is choking or something. So I get up and stand into the doorway of the main dining room which is just a few feet away. And everybody [is] staring at this woman sitting in the corner who has her hands over her face, so I assume that she is choking or crying or something. And everyone is just standing there frozen. And someone says, "he punched her."

Kids could have been hurt too, it's nuts!

Love said that she then spoke to the friend of the victim, whose account as related by Love jibes with that of Drost, the bartender. The man with the stroller was seated next to the pro-Trump couple, "within swinging distance," according to Love.

The attacker jostled past the baby in a highchair to get to his target, according to Leon. "The guy came back almost running, and he started pushing some customer and the high-chair next to him with the baby because he couldn’t reach the girl,” the manager told the Brooklyn Paper. "Then he punched the girl."

An NYPD spokesman confirmed that an assault occurred at the bar on Saturday night at about 6:50 p.m. A police summary of the incident did not include the subject of the argument, but stated that a man got in a verbal dispute with someone, and that the man punched a 49-year-old woman in the face, then fled.

The article then says she suffered no visible injuries, but guess what? She's swollen and darkly bruised now all over half her face. It's very bad and very sad. It has been progressively getting more prominent and visible over the last few days.

This is heartbreaking:

Freeman, Love's friend, said that after that attack, "I ran over to [the victim] and told her, 'I’m so sorry this happened," and asked her is she okay. She just held me and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, and said, 'I don’t know what’s happening. I was assaulted.'"

Freeman said that she had thought she was safe in Brooklyn's "liberal bubble," and that the days since the election have been rough, to say the least.

Look, I get it that my friend is outspoken and can argue very adamantly about her political views, and her and I have very different views but we are nice to each other and I respect her despite these disagreements.

NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO HIT ANYONE OVER WORDS!!!
People need to GROW UP!

This is a beautiful kind woman who does a lot of volunteer work and speaks out about issues she's passionate about and cares deeply about informing others, she is now a victim of a Hate Crime. And yes, she confirmed to me that the detective is treating it as such.

Remember folks, this is NOT about pro Trump or anti Trump.
This is about RIGHT AND WRONG.
And hurting people is just plain WRONG!
edit on 11/15/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Nov 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They keep saying they want equal treatment .
Looks like she got equal treatment .

Had it been a man beating a man entire thing would be a non-story .

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Some people don't like freedom of speech when others exercise it.

Quite the sad situation.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I will be protecting my friend's anonymity as long as she prefers I do not release it.

I will invite her to this thread to talk about it and answer questions, but please be patient and wait till tomorrow she's worn out from this today and needs a break and some rest.

It is her choice if she wants to show photos to anyone here. She did post them on her FB feed so it's possible she will share links here, but that's her choice and I respect it. I vouch that these photos exist and are very disturbing. For her age she is very attractive and right now she's very hurt.

+44 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What a load of crap. People still think like this? guess so.

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

You're a complete fool.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

When the group of thugs beat the Trump voter pulling him from his car, it was a huge story.
They were males.

Though it is True that when a man beats a female it is far more incendiary and shocking, I want everyone to know that anyone beating anyone is disgusting and unacceptable. We live in an advanced civilization and adults need to step up and remind everyone that violence is simply not tolerated no matter who the victim is, man or woman.

We are suppose to be dignified and integrible people who seek Honor. That's the American way.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Horrible thing.. please tell your friend to get better soon!!

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
People beating people over partisan politics is very disturbing.

Sorry equal treatment doesn't equal a heavier muscle and boned man hitting a women. Especially fighting over this garbage that the elites are licking their lips at.

Why a non story there are plenty of stories about political attacks reported from men vs men?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I agree that physical violence is totally uncalled for in a verbal engagement....from either side. However, I do have a few questions about the incident that are not clear.

Q: Who was seated in the restaurant first, her party or theirs?

Q: Who started the interaction between the two groups?

Q: Were personal insults part of the discussion?

Q: Why was only one party moved to a new location and not both?

edit on 11/15/2016 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

When the group of thugs beat the Trump voter pulling him from his car, it was a huge story.
They were males.

Though it is True that when a man beats a female it is far more incendiary and shocking, I want everyone to know that anyone beating anyone is disgusting and unacceptable. We live in an advanced civilization and adults need to step up and remind everyone that violence is simply not tolerated no matter who the victim is, man or woman.

We are suppose to be dignified and integrible people who seek Honor. That's the American way.

Very well said. Sending my regards to your friend. This madness has to stop.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Guess it selective when the feminists demand equal rights . Equal pay , equal treatment , equal opportunity
Except when it comes to being held equally accountable , equally responsible for their actions then its back to hiding behind their skirts .

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I wonder what her thoughts were on all the protests before and after her incident.

Hope she is better soon.

Violence from both sides needs to stop. Trumpers are emboldened because they "won" and are tired of the liberal agenda and the liberals are continually crying they lost. If there was so much vitriol for Trump, why were there no protests when he got the nomination.

Both sides of the aisle need to condemn this violence now!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
No one in the quotes that OP posted saw this happen. They didn't see it begin or escalate.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I agree that physical violence is totally uncalled for in a verbal engagement....from either side. However, I do have a few questions about the incident that are not clear.

It is good to ask questions, but Q # 1 and # 2 are irrelevant in terms of the end result.
Considering the way the story was written, it appears the argument was heated enough to separate the patrons, so it's likely Q # 3 it could have become insulting.

Q#4 was resolved in the article:

From Drost's understanding, two women, Clinton supporters, were sitting together eating dinner and discussing politics. A couple seated next to them, Trump supporters, began arguing with the women, and the women requested to be moved, Drost said. The servers accommodated the women by moving the Trump-supporter couple across the dining room.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
And no I am not condoning violence .
There are more civilized ways of resolving disputes .

*forgot to add as lunch order just arrived*

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Guess it selective when the feminists demand equal rights . Equal pay , equal treatment , equal opportunity
Except when it comes to being held equally accountable , equally responsible for their actions then its back to hiding behind their skirts .

Equally protected by law when assaulted violently in public?
Because last I checked, we all enjoy that protection.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Krakatoa

It is good to ask questions, but Q # 1 and # 2 are irrelevant in terms of the end result.
Considering the way the story was written, it appears the argument was heated enough to separate the patrons, so it's likely Q # 3 it could have become insulting.
And only the manager could answer Q #4 sufficiently.

With all due respect, Q1 & Q2 are not irrelevant. If one party was discussing politics, and the other party overheard (or the discussion was intentionally loud), it could have exacerbated the problem. Had the party that was moved been in seated in the restaurant first, and they were moved, it could have been perceived as a slight against their political views too.

As I said, escalation to violence was uncalled for, completely. I am just trying to deduce the factors leading up to the physical altercation. That is all. I am NOT pointing fingers or assigning blame. Just trying to get the facts leading up to the event.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes under law the guy should be arrested and charged with assault .

Never said he shouldnt be . And hope he is arrested and charged with assault according to the law .

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ok I'll try to find out.
She's a little burnt out at the moment.
Be patient.

Feel free to ask more questions in the time being.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join