It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Viciously Beaten by Man over Trump Argument at Brooklyn Restaurant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

She egged on an argument with a gorilla of a man and that dumbass beat her up for it.

It isn't right by any means, but this entire incident has two sides, and two mouths were open. Nothing noble happened here. She's no more a victim than she is a hero.

Here's a piece of advice to pass on to your friend:

Don't do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places.

Where are you getting that she "egged" anything on?

Not that it really matters in this case. It's clearly assault and that would make him a criminal and her his victim. The fact that he punched a woman in the face for something she said makes this guy not only a criminal thug but a total b#.

I'm assuming you agree with both points so I really don't understand why you would argue culpability for the victim let alone insist that she's not a victim?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Because I live in reality.

Remember the old adage " don't write checks your body can't cash" .

I hope this dude ends up in jail. But from the onset this was obviously an argument. Don't get into arguments with strangers. You never know what that person might do when his/her feelings are hurt.

To me this is a product of ignorance. The mans ignorance is obvious. Her ignorance less so, but certainly as bad.

edit on 15 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

She egged on an argument with a gorilla of a man and that dumbass beat her up for it.

It isn't right by any means, but this entire incident has two sides . . .

NO. It does not have 2 sides.

It was a physical assault. What triggered it is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No it isn't irrelevant.

Motive precedes any crime of this sort.

Arguing with strangers, especially dumb ones within arms reach of you, is dumb.

This is self preservation I'm talking about here. You can't predict what some people will do. And like I said to another poster, self defense is the only legitimate form of violence. This is only true because some believe that violence for transient causes is justified. Keep that in mind.

I don't condone what this asshole did. But I'm not an idiot either. Arguments have two willing participants. This was brought on by an argument over political religion and it ended in the only way it was going to.

There's no moral superiority here. Only what is and isn't legal.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It isn't right by any means, but this entire incident has two sides . . .

NO. It does not have 2 sides.

It was a physical assault. What triggered it is irrelevant.

Although I personally feel that projectxvn could be a bit more sympathetic to the woman in question (my opinion only project don't hate me for it) he does have a point

It is the same reason you wouldn't pull over and run your mouth when someone cuts you off.....for the simple fact that you just don't know who the other person is that you are dealing with and how dangerous they may be....

edit on 16-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Maybe I could be. But my experience running my mouth when I was younger netted similar results.

I can only speak from experience.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

First - - how is your friend doing?

The emotional abuse in attacks like this can be as bad as the physical abuse.

Has the man been caught?

She's doing ok. Tired, talking to her right now giving support.
As far as I know he's still at large (the violent thug).

There's a (misogynistic) person that is blaming this all on her and laughing at her and trying to demean her will, so I want to make sure there is a counter balancing force to that selfish hateful person. It is not a random troll, it's someone that has an obligation to love and support her but is not doing that.

Because of all of the windstorm that will develop around her in the coming days I want to make sure she knows people support her and to stay strong and not let the negative energy victimize her.

Giving her positive energy and reassuring her confidence and esteem can help a lot right now.

I shared with her what I learned from my experiences in suffering and agony.
"To do something great can come by pure accident, and it can be nothing but horrible pain all the way through.
And you might not do much but be yourself. And it's all the things that are done to you that you have to face"

Thanks Annee

edit on 11/16/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
They keep saying they want equal treatment .
Looks like she got equal treatment .

Had it been a man beating a man entire thing would be a non-story .

Come on, really? It wouldn't have been any more acceptible if the victim was a man or if their genders were flipped. The fact that it was a woman makes it not only a crime, but disgraceful. What would you have said if it had been an elderly man?

"Well if you want to have equal rights old man, expect to get punched in the face by assholes just like everyone else!"

What do equal rights and opportunities have to do with getting punched in the face by some triggered cretin? Do you think if that woman was making half what her male counterparts were making, then he would have been wrong to hit her? How about if she didn't have the right to vote?

"Well since she didn't have the right to vote, clearly it was wrong for that asshole to punch her in the face! I'm outraged now."

Are women supposed to choose between equality and getting punched in the face? I have to believe that you already know that the answer to that is no.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Darkphoenix77

Maybe I could be. But my experience running my mouth when I was younger netted similar results.

I can only speak from experience.

fair enough and I understand that point of view I think most people have at one time or another got an ass kicking for having a big mouth.....I just was brought up with the belief that hitting a woman was never acceptable and so I definitely do sympathize with her based on that....I just feel that a woman no matter how belligerent would probably not be expecting to get their clock cleaned by some piece of filth masquerading as a man. Especially being sucker punched after he had already left the establishment and then came back in just to clock her from behind......

These days you can't trust anyone you don't know and that is a sad state of affairs.....so many bad eggs out there...

edit on 16-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

No it isn't irrelevant.

Well you just go right ahead with your neanderthal thinking.

The argument ended when the manager moved the man across the room.

The aggressor had plenty of time and space to cool his heels.

But, NO - - - he had to shove his way across a crowded restaurant - - with children in it - - to physically blindside a woman who, by that time, was minding her own business.l

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That sort of behavior should never be condoned, I feel bad for the woman getting beaten like that but it's also emotional abuse which lasts a lot longr and much more damaging to the human psyche.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Since this incident is part of a larger issue, our political turmoil here in the US and how it is very real and hitting people we know around us...

Ok so you're arguing
"Remember the old adage " don't write checks your body can't cash" . "

And I want to remind you that is EXACTLY what the people rioting against Trump are saying justifies their violent behavior as well. They are saying that the Republicans wrote a check, now it's time to cash it.

I personally think that's a very poor argument and that it comes from primitive notions of "Might = Right".
It certainly has no place in our Republican Democracy where Civility is the higher Virtue.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No it isn't irrelevant.

The argument ended when the manager moved the man across the room.

The aggressor had plenty of time and space to cool his heels.

But, NO - - - he had to shove his way across a crowded restaurant - - with children in it - - to physically blindside a woman who, by that time, was minding her own business.l

That is the story right there Annee.
Thank you. Couldn't have said it better.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
They keep saying they want equal treatment .
Looks like she got equal treatment .

Had it been a man beating a man entire thing would be a non-story .

Come on, really? It wouldn't have been any more acceptible if the victim was a man or if their genders were flipped. The fact that it was a woman makes it not only a crime, but disgraceful. What would you have said if it had been an elderly man?

"Well if you want to have equal rights old man, expect to get punched in the face by assholes just like everyone else!"

What do equal rights and opportunities have to do with getting punched in the face by some triggered cretin? Do you think if that woman was making half what her male counterparts were making, then he would have been wrong to hit her? How about if she didn't have the right to vote?

"Well since she didn't have the right to vote, clearly it was wrong for that asshole to punch her in the face! I'm outraged now."

Are women supposed to choose between equality and getting punched in the face? I have to believe that you already know that the answer to that is no.

That was an excellent argument and I couldn't help but chuckle a few times.
Thanks for chiming in Ante. You articulated that point very well.
edit on 11/16/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Leon told the Paper that the man yelled "You don’t know who I am!" before jumping into his car and driving off.

^^^ That's the battle cry of the fragile ego. Doorstaff for bars and clubs hear this line in every English-speaking city in the world. It's the war-sob of spineless men who have no significance and demand respect without earning any.

Ambushing a startled woman is a typical move for these types of man. It was an asshole move made even worse by basically popping out from behind customers, punching her and then running away.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It takes two to tango.

I've been spit on, pushed, harassed and had all kinds of horrible things done to me that really, really PISSED me off.

Did I go full-commando? No.

We live in a civilized society, and words are just that; words. If (and that's a small word with big implications) she "egged" him on, he has an obligation to himself, other Trump supporters and Mr. Trump to be the "better person" and walk away.

Punching someone in a restaurant over words is not acceptable adult American behavior.

I don't condone violence of anti-Trump people, but I also am skeptical of the dubious amounts of actual violence. This case, however, seems to indeed have some real "teeth" to it.

I just noticed the member claiming to know the victim has been here for over 10 years. Sheesh. I feel like a newborn. That gives the person who posted this credibility in my book.

America is divided and this is not by accident, this is by design. Some of you want this to be some evil plan by an elderly old rich man named Soros. Some of my liberal friends think its the Koch brothers.

I personally believe the conspiracy is far, far more vast and FAR more frightening:

We are systematically being socially engineered and manipulated by one of the last remaining super powers in the world.

I've spoken about this many times, and there's a really angry off horse in my back yard that wants me to stop beating him. No one wants to admit to buying into propaganda, that's how propaganda works. Propaganda makes you feel as if the thoughts originated from you, organically.

Obama was an anomaly that threw the plans back by 8 years. For 8 years Americans have been hammered (more than ever before) with politically decisive rhetoric. This is not organic, nor is it by accident.

We are being pushed against one another. We are being driven apart. We are being destabilized.

We are where we are, we can't go back in time or change it. The best thing we can all do is keep open, guarded minds and be mindful that what's best for America is to stick together -- even when your "team" doesn't win.

And politics being treated like sports? That needs to stop, on both sides of the aisle.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I haven't agreed with you lately but on that post above you are pretty much spot on.....the violence needs to cease period. We are one nation and it is about high time we started acting like it regardless of political differences...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77

I haven't agreed with you lately but on that post above you are pretty much spot on.....the violence needs to cease period. We are one nation and it is about high time we started acting like it regardless of political differences...

Thanks...people are seriously on edge. People are snapping and yelling more than usual. People are acting ruder and it's not OK.

Have you noticed it too? People honking and cutting off one another because of bumper stickers and stuff. It's nasty out there. And it's an equal-opportinuty thing. It's not just a one-sided thing. My gay friend had a drive by heckling a day ago. Complete with some kind of ignorant threats about "its their time". It's crazy. That kind of stuff isn't making the news. And I'll admit it -- I'm sure a Hillary person someone has thrown a french fry at someone in a Trump shirt and yelled "racist!"

And really, there are so many better...more intelligent and effective ways to go about supporting your beliefs.

And seriously...punching me, or me punching someone isn't going to change anyone's minds....

Yes, because after I get slugged in the face I'm suddenly going to be all about Trump (or vice versa). /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

There's no need for this.

The argument ended when the manager moved the man across the room. The aggressor had plenty of time and space to cool his heels. But, NO - - - he had to shove his way across a crowded restaurant - - with children in it - - to physically blindside a woman who, by that time, was minding her own business.l

You're under the impression that I disagree with you. I do not. This dude is a class A asshole who deserves to be in jail for assaulting a woman.

At the same time,

Don't do stupid things with stupid people in stupid places.

Don't get into ego struggles(stupid thing) with strangers(stupid people) in a restaurant full of kids(stupid place).

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Don't measure the reasonableness of others by your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join