It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: A Military-Governmental-Industrial Conspiracy?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Hmmm. There is definitely a research project in here somewhere. Another 'hot tip'...

Is Carlyle Going for Media Control?

That's a "hot tip"? The article says that Transcontinental owns community paper. It is not known if Transcontinental is really owned by Providence Equity Partners Inc. And it is not known how close Providence Equity Partners, Inc. is with Carlyle Group.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Tongue in cheek my dear, that's why I put it quotes...

But the article deals with extremely important issue - media monopolies - and when considered with Stop Carlyle's publications and information, it takes on a pressing legitimacy. ...I certainly want to know what's up.

Scrolling and scanning here is quite informative...

STOP CARLYLE

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Hmmm. There is definitely a research project in here somewhere.

Wow, try reading the Research Forum.

You people obviously havn't read up on the last pages of the Omega Agency Research Project, I covered the Carlyle group extensively. But hey I guess the Research Forum isn't on any ones list for important information...

[edit on 5-2-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can only add that all the information have reliable links, and the Carlyle group is turning to powerful and spreading to fast.

Taking in consideration that the people involve is or has been part of our government is just something we have to care about.

I wonder if the privatization of our security will be taken over by the Carlyle group also.

But that will be something to keep an eye on.

After all they have interest in retirement funds in Canada.

Advisor thanks for the information I will be reading on your Thread, the problems is that under Omega I though it was one of the "secret societies group"

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

G.T.C.Transcontinental Group - Canada's second-largest publisher of community newspapers, the company owns 79 community papers, including 10 dailies, mainly in Quebec.
March 2004, US CC3 officially changed its name to Transcontinental CC3.

Providence Equity Partners Inc. is one of the world's leading private investment firms specializing in equity investments in media and communications companies.

It seems to me that the Transcontinental Group is a major communications companies that deal more than just news papers.

Current and previous areas of investment include cable television content and distribution, wireless and wireline telephony, publishing, radio and television broadcasting and other media and communications sectors. Significant investments include VoiceStream Wireless, Warner Music Group, AT&T Canada, eircom plc, Casema, Kabel Deutschland, Language Line, F&W Publications, ProSiebenSat.1, and Bresnan Broadband Holdings.

They also involved on US base companies also and telecommunications.

Now Providence Equity Partners Inc. often partners with The Carlyle Group in its acquisitions worldwide. How closely are those two mega-corporations related? Not known.

Now if is proven that Providence Equity Partners Inc. Indeed are “partners” with The Carlyle Group then they not only will control the Canada comunications but the US also.

If it turns out that in fact Transcontinental is really owned by Providence Equity Partners Inc. (and Carlyle?) then that is truly very very worrisome.

Now is already reliable information that Transcontinental owns Providence Equity Partners Inc.
So the speculation of been part of the Caryle group is real.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

They also involved on US base companies also and telecommunications.

Now Providence Equity Partners Inc. often partners with The Carlyle Group in its acquisitions worldwide. How closely are those two mega-corporations related? Not known.

Did you notice "Not Known"?

Now if is proven that Providence Equity Partners Inc. Indeed are “partners” with The Carlyle Group then they not only will control the Canada comunications but the US also.

According to this it has not been proven that Providence Equity Partners, Inc are partners with The Carlyle Group. Still unknown in this article.

If it turns out that in fact Transcontinental is really owned by Providence Equity Partners Inc. (and Carlyle?) then that is truly very very worrisome.

Still nothing to show that it has been proven that Transcontinental is owned my Providence Equity Partners, Inc. Still nothing about where Carlyle fits in.

Now is already reliable information that Transcontinental owns Providence Equity Partners Inc.
So the speculation of been part of the Caryle group is real.

That's a big jump. Where did you get this "reliable" information? Link?

1. Transcontinental owns Providence Equity Partners, Inc. (do you have this mixed up from above quote?) or is the first quote incorrect?

2. Providence Equity Partners still no link to show that your conclusion or statement has any credibility

3. I have yet to see where Carlyle ties in here. Everything seems to be based on "if".

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Hmmm. There is definitely a research project in here somewhere.

Wow, try reading the Research Forum.

You people obviously havn't read up on the last pages of the Omega Agency Research Project, I covered the Carlyle group extensively. But hey I guess the Research Forum isn't on any ones list for important information...

ouch. Sorry. Point taken. In defense, I did search ats for Carlyle - both titles and posts - and found nothing. Zilch. I commented on it, too, surprised that a conspiracy site had nothing on Carlyle. ...Think it was when we were changing servers.

ATS is like a huge new city - hard to get around in, and easy to get lost in... But check out the last pages here...

The Omega Agency Research Project

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And this....

Carlyle Video

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I am very disappointed to the way its been turn into useless information by you Muaddib.

How in the heck was it useless information, and not on topic Marg?.... soficrow made it sound like having a town named after Carlyle is a big conspiracy when i presented the fact that there are dozens of towns named after companies all over.....

C'mon Marg....are you trying to get back at me now?....

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
How in the heck was it useless information, and not on topic Marg?.... soficrow made it sound like having a town named after Carlyle is a big conspiracy when i presented the fact that there are dozens of towns named after companies all over.....

C'mon Marg....are you trying to get back at me now?....

That was funny, any way, not I am not going back at you, I am feeling good, had a great week in down town historical Charlston NC.

Have you looked into Advisor link to the Omega he did research on the Carlyle group. I had no clue that the link was about that.

I am going to read on it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I can only add that all the information have reliable links, and the Carlyle group is turning to powerful and spreading to fast.

I don't know that i would call much of the information presented in this topic reliable. I have been reading the information at the research project on what is called the Omega Agency, and i see first of all, too many discrepancies, such as.... supposedly this agency controls both the UN and the US, yet we all know they can't get along...The US goes it's way when the UN does something else and asks the US to help them, yet we do something totally different...

The same is claimed about all the three letter agencies in the US....that they are controlled by this Omega agency...yet i know for a fact, as many in here probably know also, that many if not most of our intelligence agencies do not see eye to eye, and they have had quite a number of disputes and battles with each other.

Most of the links I saw from the project provided information from mainly one source, a woman claiming that she had a close friend, they were lovers of course..., and that her lover, or as she calls a very good friend tells her over the course of their relationship about this agency....

There are quite a few stories on the internet also about people claiming that they had sex with aliens.... I do not trust information from the internet unless i can verify it through several reliable sources. No disrespect to those who participated on the research, but no mention of where much of the info comes from, if you did some off the net research, except that information from the internet which mainly seems to originate from this one same source, or some other anonymous source which proclaims to be waiting to be recalled into service as an agent, as in the movie "minority report" to work for the Agency once the NWO is in place. Now i see why there has been mention of this movie coming out in some of the old threads in ATS....but i don't buy it.

I find too many discrepancies, people can believe what they want but i do not find anything tangible to tell me this is what is really going on.

As i was reading through many of the links provided, and others i found, i found myself believing i was reading another of Tom Clancy's novels...

BTW, I am remembering now that back in the 80s, while i was still living in Spain, we heard on the news, i believe it was the CIA and the FBI, that several agents from both agencies shot each other. i can't remember if it was a case of mistaken identity or what, but i wouldn't call that "agencies working together" for a father/mother agency. (i think it was back in the 80s, but I am not sure)

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Remember the omega research was done in 2003 so it does have some good links but is out dated, but at the end it is a link to the Carlyle group after all.

Perhaps it should remain a on going research or it should go into the research of the NWO.

Remember the one to bring the "NWO" was Bush senior during his presidency.

What a nice way to take over through control than through corporate power, "formed into an association and endowed by law with the rights and liabilities "

[edit on 6-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Someone just sent me this:

“I think some of these folks would put nuclear tips on ice cream cones if they could.” - U.S. Rep. Ellen Tauscher, D-Calif., on efforts by Bush administration officials to repeal a research ban on low-yield nuclear weapons, quoted in Global Security Newswire May 19, 2003

Carlyle Group Takes Over U.S. Nuclear Program

vivelecanada

Carlyle Group Takes Over U.S. Nuclear Program

This Article named "UC Regents lose control of nuclear weapons program"
By Leuren Moret

I found a lot of problems with this article, and possibly will come back later if necessary.

The one piece of information that Leuren Moret states I would like to discuss now is that Carlyle Group now owns 70% of Lockheed Martin Marietta. I tried to research the site listed and the one you gave. It was in French. Then you and others did post the English translation to "Stop Carlyle".

I did ask if any one had any information about Carlyle Group now owning 70% of Lockheed. No answers.

So now at "Stop Carlyle" I find that the article by Leuren Moret is posted as news, and again the statement about the 70% ownership of Lockheed Martin Marietta owned by Carlyle Group in bold red print. At the end of this article there is: " From: Ratf--k Diary" ( have left out inappropriate letters in Rats name.)

This sounds like a real credible source (not) but I did click the link. It does have a little more information, but ends up quoting Leuren Moret for the statement that Carlyle Group owns 70% of Lockheed Martin Marietta.

I have looked elsewhere for a verification of this statement and not found anything. Does anyone else care if this is true or not?

I think it is important to know, especially now when the budgeted defense items going to Lockheed appear to be in question and may be cut from the budget.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
IMO - the current budget is designed to funnel most tax dollars to international corporations, mainly under 'security and defense' appropriations. ...Doesn't matter to me who gets it, Carlyle or anyone else. IMO -they're all the same, and if you track thru the Caymans' to Switzerland etc, you'd find they're all owned by the same guys at the top of the food chain anyway.

....My big concern is that Bush is denying the Mad Cow crisis. As per usual, and like any 10-year-old, Bush covers it both ways with glib lies, saying "There is no problem," but if there was, "There is no solution."

Fact is - There are vaccines, there are preventive treatments, effective filters for water and blood, new solutions that can decontaminate and sterilize water treatment facilities and food processing plants.

...but Bush's budget puts money in corporate profits - and leaves ordinary Americans to hang...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

IMO - the current budget is designed to funnel most tax dollars to international corporations, mainly under 'security and defense' appropriations. ...Doesn't matter to me who gets it, Carlyle or anyone else. IMO -they're all the same, and if you track thru the Caymans' to Switzerland etc, you'd find they're all owned by the same guys at the top of the food chain anyway.

Well, I guess that's the end of that discussion about the Military, Gov. and Corporations. I don't know why I actually bothered to discuss what is or is not true. It seems that the conspiracy is the truth to some and that seems to anchor on ex President Bush the senior was once an Advisor to Carlyle Group. No point in any further discussion. I missed the point about where you wanted to end up.

....My big concern is that Bush is denying the Mad Cow crisis. As per usual, and like any 10-year-old, Bush covers it both ways with glib lies, saying "There is no problem," but if there was, "There is no solution."

Now you have another conspiracy to sell about President Bush being responsible for the Mad Cow. Count me out.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
US is planning to privatized the nuclear program. The contracts are over and for the first time the program is going to go into public bids. Admiral Linton Brooks, Administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) under DOE, informed Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante and the UC Regent about the opportunity.

This is to be awarded this year, something that we should keep an eye on. This bid is only for Los Alamos.

LT. Governor Bustamante is not very happy for UC to spend millions in the bids, because to much politics involved.

He also favor the University of Texas for the bid. Los Alamos is “back in the bomb” business meaning that they are producing plutonium.

The truth is that bombs will be produced in 2005 this years in Los Alamos and it will not be only small bombs but big and all kind of bombs, something that people should be aware of.

The problem is that the Carlyle group owns 70% percent of the Lockheed Martin and the are aiming on privatization of the nuclear program if UC wins the contract and they has been getting ready for it when they bought Sandia Labs (they make the trigger for nuclear weapons).

It looks that UC is not very good when it comes with keeping records and they seem to have science fraud as well as health and safety violations.

It seems that the UC has been involved in weapon manufacturing they also has invested in dozens of military-industrial contractors through stock purchases, At least five corporations within the UC retirement portfolio conduct virtually no business other than weapons manufacturing and military subcontracting, these are:

General Dynamics with a UC investment of $21,471,120
Northrop Grumman for $16,125,200
Raytheon for $16,818,200
TRW for $8,327,650
Lockheed Martin for a staggering $33,046,370, Carlyle link here.

The fact that UC investments of $33,046,370 in Lockheed Martin Marietta (70% owned by Carlyle), and $21,471,120 in General Dynamics – one of the two biggest US manufacturers of DU weaponry which has been sold to 29 countries, make UC complicit in war crimes. Students and faculty should be informed of this. The State of California employee pension fund owns 5.2% of the Carlyle Group

This are the links.

www.fredsakademiet.dk...

Now what we need to know and to do is find out if bids are already in the working and who is getting awarded.

Mahree don't give up we need more ont he bids.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

Now you have another conspiracy to sell about President Bush being responsible for the Mad Cow. Count me out.

Not a conspiracy - just a question of priorities - that put big tax money in corporate profits - and leave ordinary Americans to hang.

FYI - I do think it's important to id the players in the food chain, and figure out where they fit. ...

Good work Marg.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
While I certainly understand skeptics of any Military-Government-Industrial conspiracy that might be/is occurring,defending Carlyle is like trying to stay dry by dodging raindrops in a hurricane.As more sources surface,I think it takes more mental acrobatics to deny it(MGIC) is happening than to believe it,while I haven't found a credible source yet showing Carlyle's 70% of Lockheed Marietta,it doesn't require a stretch of imagination to connect the dots of influence with the vice presidents wife Lynn Cheney being a Lockheed director from 1994 - 2001[,still retaining her shares in the firm
Source and with revolving door appointments such as air force undersecretary Peter Teets who has been with Martin Marietta since 1963,as well as recently former President/COO of Lockheed itself,
www.af.mil...
and who is now acting secretary of the air force replacing former Northrop Grumman president James Roche who had to resign for asking a lobbyist for Boeing Co. to use the company's Washington contacts to "quash" a deputy undersecretary of defense and make him "pay an appropriate price" for objecting to the Air Force's decision to lease Boeing 767 tanker aircraft and also pressured independent military cost analysts who questioned the high price of the lease.
and Lockheed Martins former Vice President of Strategy Bruce Jackson who also happens to be the founder of the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq.

rightweb.irc-online.org...

Further showing the ethics-challenged revolving door,this time involving Boeing,is the case of Darleen Druyun who was one of the Air Force's top contract officers,and who was offered & secured a $250,000 executive position at Boeing from Boeing Chief Financial Officer Michael Sears while she was reviewing whether Boeing should get a $23 billion contract to provide new refueling tankers to the Air Force.Not to mention her daughter being hired by Boeing during this time.
seattlepi.nwsource.com...
Druyun was just unfortunate to get caught...an isolated incident? I think not,rather a mere crumb of the MGI pie.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Vajrayana

Thanks for that insightful information, I am very glad that more links are coming to the surface.

Now the nuclear programs bid is the next thing to watch for.

I found this on the net, already the Bush administration has allocated the budget for the Los Alamos bid.

In fact, out of a total DOE operating budget of $2 billion, the DOE budget request for fiscal year 2005 includes $1.36 billion for weapons programs, or about 79 percent of its total DOE budget, while other science programs receive a mere 3.4 percent or $59.8 million

www.zmag.org...

Why does US need to keep making more nukes?

The government of New Mexico is urging UC to team up with commercial partners to bid for the program.

www.hoovers.com...

Its some rumors that UT will not bid and that UC will take it.

www.utwatch.org...

The links and connections with the Carlyle group goes as far back as the Reagan era.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

US is planning to privatized the nuclear program. The contracts are over and for the first time the program is going to go into public bids. Admiral Linton Brooks, Administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) under DOE, informed Lt. Governor Cruz Bustamante and the UC Regent about the opportunity.

Mahree don't give up we need more ont he bids.

Marg,
There really is a lot to discuss. But every time I find something to question there isn't any answer. I get....."It only stands to reason" which I guess is only another make on "where there is smoke there is fire". I came into this discussion because I didn't know and wanted to know the truth. I am very frustrated when there is only quotes of people quoting there own truths.

I really can't get by this and go on to other things when I see such a big problem with supposed quotes that Lockheed is 70% owned by Carlyle. Can't you see that if we have one bad piece of information then possibly the rest can be dismissed? How much of the other information is of the same caliber? It looks to me that the same people continue to quote the same stuff over and over until it is believed.

So far no one has come up with a link or anything else proving that Lockheed is 70% owned by Carlyle.

The link in your last post
The Danish Peace Academy
Starts off quoting Leuren Moret's piece in the San Francisco Bay View newspaper. This is where she states that Lockheed is 70% owned by Carlyle. I tried most of the links she cites as sources and got through to a couple. One of them was...

Stop Carlyle Group
Again the Leuren Moret piece is quoted.....
They say they got the story from:

INTL

Which quotes the Leuren Moret piece.

Kind of round robin here.

Also in your link with the Danish Peace Academy they show the
University of California
Here the quote mentions the $33,046.370 to Lockheed,
No 70% ownership mentioned

I believe, from what I'm seeing that Leuren Moret is the sole source of this 70%
ownership of Lockheed by Carlyle.

Please do find any other source. I do enjoy our little discussions, but to make it a real discussion I think we have to have reliable and credible sources.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join