It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No gays DIED defending gay rights, no blacks DIED defending black rights...millions didn't go into battle against other nations defending these things

I think you would be sorely mistaken there. Tho that rant isn't very coherent so maybe I am missing the point.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Anybody that wants more than one wife is just asking for it...one is enough.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm trying to decide if heineken are genius or retarded! XD Their main customers are straight males and they push a gay joke? It got people talking about this extremely overpriced and weak (foul tasting) larger. As they say, all press is good press!

As for the advert itself or the wider topic of should gay jokes and agendas be promoted on TV? Yes I think they should, it might make a few more switch off the damn thing!

I don't like any TV or any advert, it's all programming (programming YOU that is), I've not watched TV for about 8 years and I'm very happy about it!

I'm not against gay people, but I think moral standards have dropped across the board and it's only getting worse. The amount of sex in media is insane! It used to be something quite special and beautiful... What happened? 0.o

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32
They're just commercials. I don't know about anybody else, but even the funniest ones out there don't entice me to buy the product. It has to be collectively needed and/or beneficial to the household as a whole before I buy something, or something everyone enjoys already. Hubby's the same way, commercials just don't sell in this house. I've noticed that even in my most financially braindead friends, that mentality is becoming more prevalent. Once people learn to penny-pinch and keep it up, influencing impulse buys gets WAY harder to crack.

Though we still like the Sun Drop girl soda commercials, she was amusing.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
They're just commercials. I don't know about anybody else, but even the funniest ones out there don't entice me to buy the product. It has to be collectively needed and/or beneficial to the household as a whole before I buy something, or something everyone enjoys already. Hubby's the same way, commercials just don't sell in this house. I've noticed that even in my most financially braindead friends, that mentality is becoming more prevalent. Once people learn to penny-pinch and keep it up, influencing impulse buys gets WAY harder to crack.

Though we still like the Sun Drop girl soda commercials, she was amusing.

You think this and many other people do too... Yet companies pay billions every year for it... Why? Because it works
The beauty is you don't even know about it either! Lol

See you say you only get something when it is needed, sure I understand, but when you get this item your choice will be influenced by adverts subconsiously. The whole time you will THINK you are in control and it is your choice.

I have no idea about the advert you refer to.

Aside from the adverts you are then getting pumped full of propaganda from the various "programs". My advice, turn that thing off! Better yet, disconnect it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Yeah, you're completely missing my point to fluff your soapbox. When something is needed for the household, meaning a product for cleaning or maintaining (toilet paper, bleach/disinfectant, vacuum, etc) it's bought because we've run out. Which brand is purchased is based on prior experience with brands (hint: store brands are often just as good & way cheaper) Similarly approached with personal hygiene products, and even electronics. There is nothing in here that was bought because "I need Nestle/Samsung/Tide/etc!" You won't find brand names in the cupboards, and the tech we have is thoroughly researched and bought based on the findings that XYZ is probably going to be the best investment for the long run. For example, my laptop is HP, but brand did not decide the purchase. I researched models from brands in my price range, and selected a refurbished one based on it's specs and how it would hold up to my gaming. There were no ads in that personal formula.

You seem to be under the impression no one thinks like this. That is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yeah, you're completely missing my point to fluff your soapbox. When something is needed for the household, meaning a product for cleaning or maintaining (toilet paper, bleach/disinfectant, vacuum, etc) it's bought because we've run out. Which brand is purchased is based on prior experience with brands (hint: store brands are often just as good & way cheaper) Similarly approached with personal hygiene products, and even electronics. There is nothing in here that was bought because "I need Nestle/Samsung/Tide/etc!" You won't find brand names in the cupboards, and the tech we have is thoroughly researched and bought based on the findings that XYZ is probably going to be the best investment for the long run. For example, my laptop is HP, but brand did not decide the purchase. I researched models from brands in my price range, and selected a refurbished one based on it's specs and how it would hold up to my gaming. There were no ads in that personal formula.

You seem to be under the impression no one thinks like this. That is incorrect.

No you seem to think that you are immune from the programming but you are incorrect but it's okay, it's quite normal for someone under this influence to not know and actually get quite offended if you point it out.

Let me pose you a challenge, find someone that admits to being influenced by adverts... Good luck
99% of people will react like you and say similar things. Yet every year companies spend billions on something that apparently doesn't work... Yup...

I'm not saying you don't make ANY informed decisions, you are getting that part wrong.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's a bit like a magician, they will say "pick a card any card", you will choose one seemingly at random when infact they influence your decision! You actually pick the card they want you to. But you are unaware and amazed they picked out your card!

It doesn't make you stupid! They are using well known shortcomings in our vision and perception. It makes for great entertainment. I'm not on a soapbox and I don't think I am better than you, I would still be fooled by the magician as much as you.
edit on 25-10-2016 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

No Gays Died during the fights for LGBT+ Rights? no Blacks died for Civil Rights?

You lost all credibility with those statements, sorry not sorry, you can't rewrite History
edit on 25-10-2016 by XAn0nym0usX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

So...taken in the context of barbecuing...

Do you have a problem with RUBBING another mans meat? I mean, all those delicious herbs and spices will not get into the meat on their own. You cannot just sprinkle them on and leave them to their own devices. They must be massaged in, caressed into the flesh. Its important business!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What's wrong with the world is nothing whatsoever related to gay people. Its nothing whatsoever to do with the live and let live philosophy. Its the people, especially who claim to let live...but any of those of course, who can watch this commercial and (though you don't need to see humor in it) actually take to the internet ranting and raving in three of the first seven or so posts about how much anger has been incited in them and that it has driven them to shout (shout type at least) EFF YOU EFF THIS and EFF THAT. There is nothing more pitiable and pathetic as someone totally unaffected by something who feigns offense and creates a non issue. Quite the actions of a person with an ugly abrasive personality and IQ below a mere simpleton.
edit on 10/25/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It's bizarre for sure. Lowest common denominator stuff. I don't know who drinks that # anyways, but surely they did some demographics before they paid cash money for such a disgusting ad campaign...

But, in the demented, dysfunctional and Dystopian world of America 2016 - all publicity is good publicity. Just ask Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I will say this though...for decades women have had to put up with scantily clad chicks pimping beer to men. The worm has turned.

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Methinks rubbing another man's meat [snip]. And here I thought this was all common locker room talk!

edit on 25-10-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

(post by SudoNim removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If a person can be truly offended by a joke, then they deserve to be offended.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My better judgement says I should keep my mouth shut.... But...
I just don't understand why our sexual orientation shapes so much of our personality?
Can't we all just be 'human beings' until someone asks - do you like boys or girls?

It's never subtle, especially from people who differ from the norm, they love to bring it up to make the point that they are 'not like everyone else'.

We're all different, but that shouldn't be our best quality, we're all individuals but some people think that being different changes them in a way and they do their best to shove it in your face.
I think it's just a cry for attention... Cause their parents never loved them?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Or maybe just a really bad joke?
I know a lot of jokes that'll offend if said in the right/wrong company - depending on your perspective.

I even know jokes I'd get thrown in jail for. Yes, jokes can offend heavily.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

the joke you missed is how supposedly straight men who are so comfortable in their male hetero beer swilling manly world that they get upset in their arm chairs at the thought of a gay man flipping another mans meat!

look at you go! all aggressive over an advert with a little homo erotic flavour!

hahahaha the joke is most definitely on you!

thinking about it offending you is one thing , but coming online to bitch about how it upsets you in your safe little hetero world and what seems like you taking the huff because beer is for manly men , who like women and sports cars and BBQ's and most definitely not other men!

edit on 25-10-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I once helped make hamburgers at a friends house.

I guess I was "kneading" another man's meat.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Watched the commercial on YouTube to see what all the fuss was about.
Can't believe people are this worked up about a silly joke. Who gives a F if its a gay joke? Gays are as part of society as anyone else.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join